shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206296 - 12/01/04 06:12 AM Re: Axle...
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Why did Chris delete his moronic posts?

Did you come out of the crack high and realize what you had wrote?

#206297 - 12/01/04 06:52 AM Re: Axle...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
The leader hit a downed tree that was halfway in the road. There was no way to avoid it.
I have to agree with Ian on this one. If you couldnt stop in time to avoid it, you were going too fast for road conditions.

#206298 - 12/01/04 06:54 AM Re: Axle...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN

#206299 - 12/01/04 08:08 AM Re: Axle...
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
[Spit] [LOL] Thats the best post I've seen so far!

#206300 - 12/01/04 10:20 AM Re: Axle...
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Aight... So I've read through the entire thread, reference links and all, and my input would be this... Bottom line... No one got hurt... No one got killed... And the only thing done was damage to Axle's X... I can understand both sides to this... Ian and other members make great points as well as Axle and the people who were actually there... Just add another learning notch to the belt...

But then again, who the fuck would listen to this fool (me) who's only got a 4x2 and doesn't offroad, right?! ... Flame suit on...

Sorry to hear 'bout you're mis-hap Axle... Glad to see no one got hurt except your truck... Tread lightly my friend!!!

- Air B

#206301 - 12/01/04 11:16 AM Re: Axle...
02sc Offline

Loc: up yours
The real problem here is that it is the kind of irresponsible driving exhibited by SCCX members that give ALL off-roaders a bad image...and in these cases it appears to rightfully earned.

Especially in SoCal it is appearent that four-wheelers are feeling a "pinch" from the government as more and more places are shut down...Dare you ask why?

FWIW: I rolled my 1st 4X4 acting like a jackass in Azusa canyon...I payed the price for that STUPID mistake. Though, I learned the lesson. Where are all being watched [Uh Oh !]

#206302 - 12/01/04 11:24 AM Re: Axle...
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
That's the best you've got douche?? A blowup doll at a bachelor party is the best you can come up with???

You're pathetic. Go roll your X, since you think it's ok to do so. Make sure to post pics!!

#206303 - 12/01/04 11:30 AM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

#206304 - 12/01/04 11:56 AM Re: Axle...
KCX Offline

Loc: Kansas
Wow! He had to do some searching on HXOC to find that pic! [LOL]

#206305 - 12/01/04 12:49 PM Re: Axle...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
How is him sitting with a blow up doll make him a prick.

Is that all you can resort to now since your argument was blown out of the water and lies were brought to the surface about past fuck ups. Seriously that is the mentality of a 3 year old man.

#206306 - 12/01/04 01:33 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian - god of Xterras:

I want all the club leaders and the people who are supposed to be showing the new people the ropes to step up and quit fucking around.

A 4000 lb truck is not something to be playing with so casually or wrecklessly.
Ian,

I'm sure this is how the real God feels about you and your life (not something to be playing with so casually or recklessly). The point being, God forgives you and you should forgive Axle.

ps. I hope everyone enjoyed the religious analogy laugh

#206307 - 12/01/04 01:44 PM Re: Axle...
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Well this whole thing is never going to resolve itself between the two sides.
I was only trying to stick up for someone who I know to be a be an OK person, and who would help anyone in jam.
Why everyone got so worked up (which is what pissed me off) is still a mystery to me.
I've seen some sides to people here that are just plain mean.

I won't go so far a to say this is my last post, but I need a vacation from here, so I'm out of here for now.

-and yes, my all posts on this are history-

#206308 - 12/01/04 02:30 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris/CCX:
I was only trying to stick up for someone who I know to be a be an OK person, and who would help anyone in jam.
he'd help them if he didn't leave them on the trail first.

Look, I posted on this for a couple reasons...

SCCX has a long track record of stupid and reckless behavior... most of which they have done a fine job of hiding... aside form Axle and Logan bragging about some of the stupid shit they have done, most has gone untold... I know very little of it, as i chose to distance myself from SCCX after seeing some of it first hand... but i know far more than most on XOC.

People wondered shy i wanted to move westX t havasu... simple, so axle & toolbox wouldn't know the area well enough to lead a run.

As for Logan's story, when his roll happened i tried to get him to tell the true story, so others could learn from his mistake... but at the time I was very concerned about what people on XOC and particularly in sccx thought of me(due to running westx) so kept my mouth shut.

now we all have the opportunity to learn from axles mistake(same one Logan made)

but sadly I'm pretty damn sure axle wont learn from this... he apparently hasn't and anyone defending him in this incident obviously can not grasp a concept this simple so the lesson is lost on them as well...

in the end, it seams anyone capable of learning from this already knows better.

------------edited to add-------------

wow the front page of sccxterra.com has got to be the most ironic page i have ever seen

#206309 - 12/01/04 05:12 PM Re: Axle...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by fmsmitty:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian - god of Xterras:
[b]

I want all the club leaders and the people who are supposed to be showing the new people the ropes to step up and quit fucking around.

A 4000 lb truck is not something to be playing with so casually or wrecklessly.
Ian,

I'm sure this is how the real God feels about you and your life (not something to be playing with so casually or recklessly). The point being, God forgives you and you should forgive Axle.

ps. I hope everyone enjoyed the religious analogy laugh [/b]
Last I checked Ian didn't believe in god so forget forgiveness.

Don't turn this into a religious debate either you will never win as we will never win so let it be.

#206310 - 12/01/04 05:46 PM Re: Axle...
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Quote:
Originally posted by dolphinpanzer:
Quote:
How the hell does driving through the mud on coyote lake bed constitute unsafe driving? People go out there just to drive through the mud. That is Axle's home turf, so to speak. He led us on a night run out there and knew every square inch of that place.

Also, please do not lecture me on safety. It is what I do for a living.
Tell me this safety man is it safe to operate a vehicle on public roads when your windows are caked with mud? So visibility is not important if its your home turf? Unless the photo was shopped there is no way for the driver to see what is around him. But as you said it was his home turf so he did not need to see. Glad I don't live near you "safe" people.
No it is not safe to drive like that. I am not sticking up for every action that Axle has ever done. In this instance, in the snow, there was not a lot that he could have done.

There are some in our club that have made some bad decisions, but it is not fair to lump an entire club together for the actions of a few. We do a lot of good in the off-road community. How many of you out there donate your time to make your wilderness areas a better place to be? I am sure that there are some out there.

Todrick?

Jason

#206311 - 12/01/04 08:26 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

as a matter of fact, wise ass... I do.

aside from organized trail clean ups, I now make it a regular habit to bring and fill 2 large hefty trash bags EVERY time i hit the trails... not just when I'm gonna get a pat on the back. but more importantly, I do not claim to provide useful information and guidance to people new to the sport while simultaniously condoning the outright reckless endangerment that some sccx members display.

I never said all of SCCX are reckless, I thought i was clear in stating that its just several of them... and the lack of common trail etiquette. A good leader, leads. they are responsible for everything and everone on the trail(or in the club) with them. They don't leave people on the trail, and they don't allow dangerous and reckless drivers to participate in runs so they can endanger the lives and property of others

axle always seemed like a decent guy... but i would not want him driving anywhere near me, my family or my truck...

#206312 - 12/01/04 10:12 PM Re: Axle...
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Todrick please just [Save the fine unicorns] :rolleyes: .

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#206313 - 12/01/04 10:25 PM Re: Axle...
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
as a matter of fact, wise ass... I do.

aside from organized trail clean ups, I now make it a regular habit to bring and fill 2 large hefty trash bags EVERY time i hit the trails... not just when I'm gonna get a pat on the back. but more importantly, I do not claim to provide useful information and guidance to people new to the sport while simultaniously condoning the outright reckless endangerment that some sccx members display.

I never said all of SCCX are reckless, I thought i was clear in stating that its just several of them... and the lack of common trail etiquette. A good leader, leads. they are responsible for everything and everone on the trail(or in the club) with them. They don't leave people on the trail, and they don't allow dangerous and reckless drivers to participate in runs so they can endanger the lives and property of others

axle always seemed like a decent guy... but i would not want him driving anywhere near me, my family or my truck...
First off I was not trying to be a wise ass. Also, I do not think it is necessary to resort to name calling. What are we? Three? I have never had a problem with you, or anyone else on this board for that matter.

I think it is commendable of you to participate in organized clean-ups. I too carry spare trash bags with me (cache in trash out) and not for a pat on the back.

I do not condone the reckless behavior of others. As far as his rollover in the snow goes, I still think that he did the only thing that he could do. (as I have stated before) Were not going too fast. We were not follownig too closely. It was just a accident. That incident, and only that incident, am I commenting on. Take care.

Jason

#206314 - 12/01/04 11:34 PM Re: Axle...
Spencer Offline

Loc: Irvine
you guys should go back and read you you have said. this thread has cause so much neg. around this board, i say lets just close the topic. yes a mistake has been make and thats that no point of fighting over it. Everyone is entitle to their op. if you keep aguring there will be no end to this thread and everyone on this forum will just end up offending each other and no one will come to this site anymore.

You don't know what you got till its gone

#206315 - 13/01/04 12:25 AM Re: Axle...
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
i'm not saying this was the intention of any of the posters here, but there can be a serious backlash of negativity caused here that can stay a lot longer than this thread.

there WILL be people who will develop a bad image of sccx as a WHOLE from reading this, just as some in the southern california area who will automatically become hostile towards everyone else.

this is oviously the right place to discuss offroad safety/courtesy, but there are some personal jabs here that need to be taken elsewhere.

we already have a reputation of giving newcomers a hard time (posting subjects that could've been answered through searching, etc). we don't need them to start thinking sccx as the black sheep of xterra clubs.

those of you who aren't affected in the way mentioned above, good for you. but don't deny that there are hundreds of readers who haven't even posted in this thread but are susceptible to falling into at least one of the two sides.

#206316 - 13/01/04 12:39 AM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Scorpian7051

OK, first, sorry for the name calling, i felt that you were implying that i don't do anything of that nature and was offended, it appears that is not what you meant, so i apologize.

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion7051:
I still think that he did the only thing that he could do.
no, he could have driven within in the limits the conditions allowed. basically, if his only choice was to swerve and hit the ditch.... he was going to fast. think of it this way, would it have happened if he was going 2mph slower? how bout 5mph? or 10mph? stop me when i hit the right number, because that is how fast he should have been driving... same goes for whoever the leader was.... if they hit a tree in the road they were going too fast. this is not rocket science.

-----------------------------

LAXTERRA

Bite me.

Prove Me Wrong.
-Explain how Axle was driving safely for conditions.
-Explain how the leader was also.
-explain how anyone in the group that had to swerve AT ALL was.

since i brought it up, i assume you meant [Save the fine unicorns] about the other things too.... so:

-explain how its OK for a trail boss to leave the group hes leading in the middle of a trail WELL above what they are equipped to handle, and leave them in the hands of someone who has never been on the trail.

-Explain how it is then OK for the replacement leader to leave a group of broken trucks... when he could clearly hear them on the FRS telling him to stop, and an hour later at camp(with the guys still stuck on the trail), claim he never heard it.

Do that for me LAXTERRA and i will gladly [Save the fine unicorns]

until then you need to play hide and go fuck yourself.

#206317 - 13/01/04 12:46 AM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
[QB]we don't need them to start thinking sccx as the black sheep of xterra clubs.QB]
No, that was not my intent.

Although, now that you mention it... they kind of are.

A fellow Xterra owner I know, upon meeting SCCX for the first time, said to me
"you know whats odd about sccx?"
"what?" i asked
"sccx", he responded

its not a bad thing, not really. Its just sccx is not like other clubs

I know there are many new faces in the club that are good people... A lot has changed since i left the club... not all of it for the better. My biggest issue with this whole thing is that these new people are learning from "the old guard" as another owner put it in a recent PM... Scorpion is great example... he is defending axle, "he did the only thing he could" instead of saying "hey axle, you really need to slow down and be more careful, someone could have been seriously injured or killed" thats not right.

its the job of the old guard to teach the new people how things should be done... Am I the only one that sees this?

#206318 - 13/01/04 01:37 AM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

ok i just browsed the sccx site a bit...

I will lay off on some of my comments. as i now see that certain long time members of which i was speaking have sold their xterras. so i asusme they must not be heavily involved with SCCX anymore as they don't own an Xterra, or even a nissan for that matter.

WOW, what a shock.

I need to start FORMERXterraownersclub.com there seems to be a lot of us old school owners that have recently moved on to other vehicles

#206319 - 13/01/04 06:28 AM Re: Axle...
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion7051:
No it is not safe to drive like that. I am not sticking up for every action that Axle has ever done. In this instance, in the snow, there was not a lot that he could have done.
Um, I'll take "What is 'drive slower' for $400"...

#206320 - 13/01/04 07:19 AM Re: Axle...
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
Um, Todrick, you might wanna make that "former2wheeldrivexterraowners.com"

laugh

Page 5 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal