2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206221 - 09/01/04 01:44 AM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
OMFG !!!! WTF !!1!!!

NY Madman posted outside the Club House, Tailgate or ALR !!!1! 1!!

[Wave] laugh [Freak]

#206222 - 09/01/04 03:54 AM Re: Axle...
Matt Peckham Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Same exact thing happened to my school bus in 9th grade.

going around a blind corner too fast (35) on wet leaf covered pavement, another bus and line of cars were stopped at the bottom of the hill. she braked hard, swung the rear end across the street, hit the curb, changing the forward direction to straight up a steep embankment. when the bus got too tilted it rolled on it's side. you think it's jarring to tip in an Xterra. Try doing it from one side of a school bus to the other sans seatbelt. ouch.

#206223 - 09/01/04 05:27 AM Re: Axle...
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Anyway... enough of who's fault was it... How's the truck, Axle? Is it gonna be a pretty expensive fix? It's kinda hard to tell from the first pic due to all the shadows... Glad everyone's ok, though... it could have been a lot worse...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#206224 - 09/01/04 07:51 AM Re: Axle...
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by austinbrtndr:
Anyway... enough of who's fault was it... How's the truck, Axle? Is it gonna be a pretty expensive fix? It's kinda hard to tell from the first pic due to all the shadows... Glad everyone's ok, though... it could have been a lot worse...
Nope, the dent's I'm not worried about. A new mirror is $50-60 online. I'll take it to a body shop and have them pull the dent out where the mirror pinched off the window track keeping me from rolling down my window and that'll be that. So probably around $150 to get it back to working order.

Axle

#206225 - 09/01/04 08:56 AM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
If that was our club, I would have left you there.
You don't leave people behind douche bag. Not even in jest.

#206226 - 09/01/04 09:08 AM Re: Axle...
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Ian wouldn't leave anyone behind. I have always wondered why Axle gets the shit storm when he posts a mishap. I went down Odessa Canyon with my steprails on and didn't hear shit. I think seeing the uh ohs keeps me coming here as much as the good stuff. I've met both of you guys and seem to have no problem getting along with either one of you. Did somebody rat Axle out about pissing in the hot tub at GOX right before you got in? laugh

#206227 - 09/01/04 09:11 AM Re: Axle...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Whenever I see a sideways or upside down truck I always think about what a great opportunity it would be (under different circumstances) to work on the underside.... I mean, you can see EVERYTHING, there's plenty of light - no sliding around trying to get to bolts...

what a great chance to put on some armor or install a locker!

We need to have hydraulic tables like they do for cow surgeries.... you walk the sucker up to the sideways table, strap 'em in, hit the button, and the table-with-cow-attached just pivots over until you have the cow on its side for easy access.

#206228 - 09/01/04 09:27 AM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Imagine what the people in the white and silver X's (rear of the stopped group) were thinking when they saw it happening.

#206229 - 09/01/04 09:37 AM Re: Axle...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I'm sure they appreciate that Axle sacrificed his truck instead of hitting them. Kudos for that at the least...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#206230 - 09/01/04 09:53 AM Re: Axle...
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I'm sure they appreciate that Axle sacrificed his truck instead of hitting them. Kudos for that at the least...
Kudos indeed!

If I remember correctly (from reading a previous post) the Silver Xterra saw Axle coming and moved to the side of the White Xterra to give him more room. Once on the side of the white Xterra, the Silver one began to slide sideways and came within ONE INCH of smacking into the side of the white Xterra.

I think they had to be strapped out by the Jeepers to prevent another accident.

Ice is scary.

#206231 - 09/01/04 10:53 AM Re: Axle...
Spencer Offline

Loc: Irvine
the mirror is about 150, when i broke mine nissan don't just sell the housing you have to buy the whole dam thing, it suck for me cuz a rock hit me on the freeway and just killed my mirror. Axle i give you props for what you did. Where did you find the mirro for 50 to 60 dollars i tried to find it online and had no luck, that was 1 year ago tho.

Anyways, glad everyone is ok.
Axle if i know you are good with mechanical stuff, but that door pannel is a pain to take out, took me a while to figure it out. if i remember right there are altease 4 screws to remove, then 3 screws for the mirror, and you have to pull pretty hard upward to get the pannel off.

i must say the X held up pretty good no broken glass or anything. a new front fender and you are good to go.

You don't know what you got till its gone

#206232 - 09/01/04 11:35 AM Re: Axle...
Axle Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Spencer:
[QB] Where did you find the mirro for 50 to 60 dollars i tried to find it online and had no luck, that was 1 year ago tho.

[QB]
www.car-part.com

#206233 - 09/01/04 12:19 PM Re: Axle...
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Peckham:
Same exact thing happened to my school bus in 9th grade.

going around a blind corner too fast (35) on wet leaf covered pavement, another bus and line of cars were stopped at the bottom of the hill. she braked hard, swung the rear end across the street, hit the curb, changing the forward direction to straight up a steep embankment. when the bus got too tilted it rolled on it's side. you think it's jarring to tip in an Xterra. Try doing it from one side of a school bus to the other sans seatbelt. ouch.
Guess those "short buses" are pretty unstable! laugh

#206234 - 09/01/04 01:07 PM Re: Axle...
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Since this whole thread pretty much evolved into a pissing contest, I will just say that I am glad that no body got hurt, and that Axle's Xterra will be back on the road soon. Ice is bad shit. Really, no one should have been out driving in that mess. Oh, one more thing: General Grabbers tires suck major ass. I should have ditched the '02's tires as soon as I rolled off the lot. Had some major shit happen around here last week, rain, then ice, then rain, and a bunch of fucking mud. Try getting to work at about 3 mph in slick ass red-dirt mud found here in central Alabama.

My office is undergoing some work around the facilities, and there are two ways to get in. One, is backed up 10 minutes. The other is an unpaved, nasty, pigtrail that only the brave and trucks generally access. So, I take it. Those tires never stuck, but they slid all over the place. I doubt 4wd would have helped one bit.

Anyway, let's all take care in our winter driving fun.

#206235 - 09/01/04 07:18 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

eek confused

#206236 - 09/01/04 10:37 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
I won't even bother to comment. :rolleyes:
LOL, OK then... I will.(if only because of the irony of ian getting blasted for leaving people behind)

Thats 2 for SCCX, you guys goin for a 3rd?

Seriously, SCCX needs a newbie seminar on how to drive, so you all can stop rolling your trucks when you drive way faster than conditions or common sense allows.

#206237 - 09/01/04 11:20 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
yeah Chris, i saw that... after i posted to this thread, guess the respect goes both ways.

I have lightened up...

its no secret that i have had my issues with SCCX in the past... but that was two years ago... or so most of you thought.

to be honest It feels really good to know that after 2 years of helping keep skeletons in the closet and biting my tongue in order to try and keep the peace... I don't have to anymore.

I'm not gonna just let loose on the people who deserve it, that wouldn't be fair. But when things like axle blasting Ian for his comment come up... Oh do I have stories [Finger]

BTW, I'm not burning any bridges that actually existed since the last WestX anyway(and some were gone before that)

#206238 - 09/01/04 11:33 PM Re: Axle...
BooBear Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris / CCX:
Just to clear things up. I was the one who posted the album last week, and was promptly asked to remove them by a SCCX member who thought they might to be a invasion of privacy.
The incident had already been posted by Axle and the pics were up on SCCX, so I thought it to be newsworthy event.
My bad. shocked

PS - I was not present on that run and I'm glad Axle and family are OK.
WHO asked you to remove them? I would like to know you can PM me. I believe that that call should have been made by me or Allen.
BTW you can post them all again if you like.

RENEE

#206239 - 09/01/04 11:36 PM Re: Axle...
BooBear Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I'll come right out and say it (and that doesn't mean I've never made judgement errors while driving). In order of importance:

1) You were driving too fast for the conditions.

2) Your group shouldn't have stopped in a corner like that. That's just asking for it.

3) Someone in your group should have radio'd you to tell you they were stopping; especially since they stopped in a reduced visibility area AND on a slippery surface.

Like I said, I've made mistakes too and I'm sure even XOC has...nobody's perfect. Don't take it personally, just learn from it. Glad nobody was hurt.
Respnse to each comment...
1. No he wasn't
2. The leader ran into a tree. No way that he could keep going.
3. JJ was grabbing her radio as it happened.

#206240 - 09/01/04 11:38 PM Re: Axle...
BooBear Offline

Quote:

If that was our club, I would have left you there.
It would be truly sad if one day you had something bad happen and everyone left you behind and you were hurt and noone cared.

#206241 - 09/01/04 11:39 PM Re: Axle...
BooBear Offline

Quote:
Shit happens once, not 3 times, all of which were preventable with just a tiny amount of common sense. I can guarantee you something that stupid would never happen to me or any member of our club.
Why does it matter so much to you what happens to MY truck? Do you not have anything better to do?

#206242 - 09/01/04 11:41 PM Re: Axle...
Axle Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
[b]I won't even bother to comment. :rolleyes:
LOL, OK then... I will.(if only because of the irony of ian getting blasted for leaving people behind)

Seriously, SCCX needs a newbie seminar on how to drive, so you all can stop rolling your trucks when you drive way faster than conditions or common sense allows.[/b]
[Finger] without the laugh .

You know what happened in Doran. I had to leave to take my wife to work. Brian said that he would lead the rest of them out but ended up taking off also. I found out at about 11:00 that night. It would have been almost 1:00 in the morning by the time I got to them if I went back. I was there the next morning though to go and get everybody out but Logan had already gone up and gotten them, remember I wasn't staying at camp. If my wife hadn't of had to be at work I would have been out there all night with them also.

By the way, what the fuck are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be over at JU or something. :rolleyes:

I don't know why the fuck you people are all up in arms about this. It's my truck that I've wheeled and screwed up a couple of times. I haven't hurt anybody else during any of the times I bent or broke something and I paid to have everything fixed myself. It's called a learning experience. I guess unlike some people here I wasn't born knowing the outcome of every possible situation.

Axle

#206243 - 09/01/04 11:45 PM Re: Axle...
BooBear Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
[b]I won't even bother to comment. :rolleyes:

Seriously, SCCX needs a newbie seminar on how to drive, so you all can stop rolling your trucks when you drive way faster than conditions or common sense allows.[/b]
And Logan was going how fast when his rolled????
In case you forgot it was sitting still.

#206244 - 09/01/04 11:46 PM Re: Axle...
Axle Offline

Oh and there have been three rolls in SCCX but one of them won't say anything because they knew that this shitstorm from the almighty dogooders here wouldn't be worth it. That's why it took almost two weeks for me to post any pictures of this also because I was leary of it. I know that Ian has a bug up his ass about me for some reason and I was pretty much expecting this sort of reaction. I guess that I will use this a learning experience and not post up anything that may cause contoversy again.

Axle

#206245 - 10/01/04 12:46 AM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by BooBear9496:
2. The leader ran into a tree. No way that he could keep going.
Why doesn't that surprise me ?

The bug up my ass is all you people destroying your trucks. Learn to drive, or find someone who can teach you how.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal