shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206271 - 10/01/04 05:39 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
no axle... im not afraid to scratch it...
but i don't enjoy laying it on its side...

and "show you how its done"????!!?!

LOL, you just don't get it.

#206272 - 10/01/04 05:40 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit]
He said e-penis.

#206273 - 10/01/04 05:41 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
[ThumbsUp]
to "e-penis"

great line

#206274 - 10/01/04 05:43 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Come get yur heep dusty in KOFA Jason. [ThumbsUp]

#206275 - 10/01/04 05:55 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Average size is 6". My truck is still basically stock. Let's do a little math using my current rig... XOC style!

Mod - E-Penis Size
Stock Xterra - 6"
Round Headlights - -2" for not having square headlights
BFG AT/KO's - +2" for tires
Having 32"x10.5" - -1" for not having 32"x11.5"
Steering Stabalizer - +.5"
Calmini Idler Arm Brace - +.5"
Shrockworks Sliders - +2"
Not having them installed yet - -1"

According to my calculations I have a 7" E-Penis. Once I get my lift and upgraded steering I'll be adding a few more inches to it!

Oh yeah, as long as I don't roll my truck I will maintain my E-Penis size. If I roll it or get into an accident then I automatically goto a default 4 incher.

#206276 - 10/01/04 06:47 PM Re: Axle...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:
According to my calculations I have a 7" E-Penis. Once I get my lift and upgraded steering I'll be adding a few more inches to it!
Doesn't matter anyway...

It's all virtual.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#206277 - 10/01/04 07:52 PM Re: Axle...
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
hey like it was said before "shit happens." everyone is ok and that is all that matters. and by the way isnt that why we carry insurance??? act like adults, live with your decisions, and move on with your life. i do enjoy watching supposedly mature adults argue over a stupid computer. wink wink

Thomas Jefferson

#206278 - 10/01/04 08:17 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
This thread is all about elite off-roading skills...
No. That's where you, and many others are dead wrong. It's about safe off-roading skills, and a complete lack of them by many people who claim to have them.

I've been forced to watch it for 4 years now, and it's not getting any better.

#206279 - 10/01/04 08:31 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I fail to see why people feel the need to jump all over Axle. Everyone is entitled to mess up, he didn't kill anyone and he didn't commit a felony.

Maybe you guys need to get your minds on something else...

#206280 - 10/01/04 08:45 PM Re: Axle...
uncwmusca Offline

Loc: Wilmington

#206281 - 10/01/04 08:52 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Maybe you guys need to get your minds on something else...
You're right, let's go back to talking about pointless crap in The Club House... [Freak]

#206282 - 10/01/04 10:33 PM Re: Axle...
Loop Choke Offline

Loc: Peoria,IL
Well, I for one think Axle did the right thing, seeing as how I was there. It was said before that it was either slam into the back of the X's in front of him, go off the side of the mountain and kill his entire family, or do what he did.

I was second in line. We were not going too fast. The leader hit a downed tree that was halfway in the road. There was no way to avoid it. I did the same thing that Axle tried to do and steered into the ditch to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me and it worked. As soon as I stopped I reached for my radio (as did everyone in the group) and tried to get the message out that we had stopped in the trail but it was too late. Circumstances were such, that there was nothing that he could do.

As far as people preaching, please step down off of you soap boxes. Everyone has done something foolish or reckless in their lives, so don't try to be all high and mighty.

To Axle,

Only those of us that were there know what really happened. Don't worry what the armchair quarterbacks have to say. You did the only thing that you could.

Jason

#206283 - 10/01/04 11:03 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

you wanna see people do some really stupid stuff?

http://www.highriders.ca/albums/album30/aab.wmv

http://www.highriders.ca/albums/album30/aac.wmv

i am sure you will love there tread lightly skills, and how the kids are just sitting around in the mud while these idiots go through completely out of control...

i dont think that axle did anything bad enough to warrent this huge debate, but than again, i havent met you guys so i dont know how safe/reckless you guys are, but it sounds like he did the right thing to me (by ditching it). everyone makes mistakes, and he did the most he could to rectify the error at the time.

although i also think that everyone could be a little more safe.

#206284 - 10/01/04 11:05 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Based on the pictures and the explanation, the bottom line is that the tipped-X was simply going to fast around a blind corner in slick conditions.

This isn't worthy of 6 pages of arguments.

Axle fucked up.

#206285 - 10/01/04 11:08 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion7051:
I was second in line. We were not going too fast. The leader hit a downed tree that was halfway in the road. There was no way to avoid it. I did the same thing that Axle tried to do and steered into the ditch to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me and it worked.
See ?
That right there means people were traveling too fast and following too close for conditions. What part of this is so hard for people to grasp ?

#206286 - 11/01/04 01:15 AM Re: Axle...
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Are you people f'ing clueless? The definition of going too fast for conditions means that you are not able to stop in time for what may lie ahead. This takes into consideration road conditions, visibility, and your vehicle's stopping ability. If he was going around a turn the he couldn't see around, and the conditions were less than perfect, he should have been going slower. Its no different then rounding a blind turn on a country highway. You don't fly around it at 70 without considering if there's a broken truck or wildlife on the other side, you slow down to a safe speed for the conditions and proceed with caution. I don't understand why anyone is even bothering to argue this point.

#206287 - 11/01/04 04:02 AM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris/CCX:
I'm just trying to get a final word on what you would do if people suffer a mishap on the trail with you that you perceive as a mistake.
You're missing the whole point here (along with several other people). I'm not talking about one mistake, I'm talking about people who continually make mistakes and exhibit poor driving skills and judgment.

We had someone in our club who showed poor driving skills on the street the day they joined our club, and they were immediately put on probation by the officers. A while later they did something dumb on the trail and they were ejected from our club. The person was incapable of learning proper, safe driving techniques and we didn't want the liability.

So I take back what I said about leaving someone behind, because that person would never be with me, or with my group in the first place.

#206288 - 11/01/04 07:44 AM Re: Axle...
Loop Choke Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dolphinpanzer:
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=0 01291#000000

This wreck was not a out of the blue fluke, as you can see this person has a demonstrated history of unsafe driving. One that by the way he is proud of. For those of you who are safety challeneged I will point it out later if you have not pinpointed the problem.
How the hell does driving through the mud on coyote lake bed constitute unsafe driving? People go out there just to drive through the mud. That is Axle's home turf, so to speak. He led us on a night run out there and knew every square inch of that place.

Also, please do not lecture me on safety. It is what I do for a living.

Jason

#206289 - 11/01/04 07:48 AM Re: Axle...
Loop Choke Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by scorpion7051:
[b]I was second in line. We were not going too fast. The leader hit a downed tree that was halfway in the road. There was no way to avoid it. I did the same thing that Axle tried to do and steered into the ditch to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me and it worked.
See ?
That right there means people were traveling too fast and following too close for conditions. What part of this is so hard for people to grasp ?[/b]
The almighty Ian has spoken.

Jason

#206290 - 11/01/04 07:51 AM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Also, please do not lecture me on safety. It is what I do for a living.
You're a crossing guard? that's cool. I always wave to the nice, old man who watches the intersection by my house. Keep up the good work!

#206291 - 11/01/04 08:54 AM Re: Axle...
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrian:
[b]I guess I must have made the list.
No, you're on the other list.[/b]
I consider myself an excellent offroad driver in mud on fairly flat terrain. That's what I learned to drive in. I consider my self a fair neophyte driver on hilly, rocky terrain. I have a lot to learn in that areana. I suck on ice and snow, but am much better than anyone I ever saw do it in Texas. I've never slid an inch on ice or snow, mostly because it scares me to death. I'm flattered to be on the other list, I think. I'm just guessing that the other list is the list of competent off road drivers. It might be the list of drunken table dancers. laugh I still think that overall Axle is a competent and safe driver. He's had some mishaps and I had noticed the mud covered windows in that one picture. That said, I would go off roading with him any day.

The Logan thing caught me completely off guard. I had no idea that was all a lie. I wouldn't lie about a mishap. Others can't learn from your mistakes if you make up the circumstances under which they occur. I have had accidents and will probably have more in the future. It's all a matter of assessing risk and making informed decisions. That doesn't mean we always make the right one, but we will most of the time.

#206292 - 11/01/04 11:49 AM Re: Axle...
wmtrout Offline

Loc: Oregon
Axle thanks for posting the pictures.

I for one do not see why some people have the need to feel so superior on this board all the time. I feel for your mishap and hope you keep having fun doing what you love to do and don't get to bent on the *ssholes here. Wish we where all perfect like some on here!

#206293 - 11/01/04 01:39 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

think of Laura
laugh dont cry
I know...
she'd want it that way :rolleyes:

#206294 - 11/01/04 02:15 PM Re: Axle...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris/CCX:
Quote:
Originally posted by XROCK:
[b]That's about the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.
Well then this a milestone post, dumbest thing you ever read and this is the first time I've ever wanted to use this - [Finger] [/b]
So to prove your point you post another picture of him covered in mud with a dented and cracked front bumper. Not a good arguement.

BTW I am not taking sides here I have my own opinion amd will keep it to myself. Just pointing out something.

#206295 - 11/01/04 02:30 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

How did he drive home without being able to see out any windows but the front ? Should have wiped that off with a rag or a stick.

That's like those people who only clear off a tiny porthole on their windshield when it snows.

Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal