2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206346 - 13/01/04 11:02 AM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by LOGAN:
[QBI don't think anyone has any doubts of your organization of any event. Look what has happened to WestX since.[/QB]
ok last post

you need to read this thread before you post on it... i already posted what happened to westx.

westx is not, dead... I don't own my x anymore and have nothing to do with it or any regional x club,

but there is a new sheriff in town.

#206347 - 13/01/04 11:02 AM Re: Axle...
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
you need to knmwo whatyour talking about before you talk man.

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
[b]As for Todricks comments I can't keep my mouth shut about it anymore. The hostility that he has for SCCX stems from the fact that most senior members do not like the way he handled WESTX,

nope, it goes back much further, and westx had no itinerary because of it, not the other way around.

He made alot of promises and fullfilled none. He had no itinerary of what was planned, basically it was a free for all and certain SCCX members picked up the pieces and took the lead.

no, some sccx emmbers attempted to make westx into an sccx event... it was never intened to be any clubs event.... it was simply a gathering of xterra owners Its not that they attempted to make it into an SCCX event its that you had no leadership skills, organization or preparation, so they, being familiar with the area picked up the pieces.

As for personal experiences with Todrick in regards to irresponsible behavior, he took a 2wd truck knowing that he had a bad battery to west X, I specifically remember you telling me that you knew you had a problematic battery prior to awest X but you chose to take a chance anyways.

actuyaly i didn't... a month prior to westx i had an issue with corrosion that caused startying problem, i cleane dit up, truck started like a champ... so i was unaware that the battery was near death as everything corrodes whenyou live a mile from the beach... no issues arose until we were at the event and it died 20 miles from the nearest service station It died several times but yet you proceded on with driving it instead of fixing the problem.

expecting somebody to give him a jump everytime he turned his truck on, I gave him at least 2 jumps while I was there. He took his 2wd on a night run on a 4wd trail, in the process tearing up the trail really bad, determined to make it up the incline and in the end having to be winched up not once but on two different occasions, and holding up the entire group for over an hour.

yes i did, stupidly following logan and his assured "2wd friendly" trail, his suggestions on line, since he was framiuliar with the trail... thanks for illustrating my point about people having no idea how to lead. again you prove that you were unfamiliar with the trails at YOUR event, all I remember is the shit that you kicked up determined to get up that incline , in the end needing to be winched up and wasting more than hlf an hour, you should have called it quits at that point, And as for the 2wd friendly it was obvious that the trail was not 2wd friendly thats why I jumped in with Andy from NCCX even though I had a 4wd. We all knew the trail conditions. I completely forgot about the trip out to Coyote lake during the daywhen you got us lost, again your ego took over and screwed things up. ONe of the other guys had a topo map and new the way to get abck to base camp but you assured us that you new how to get us out, in the end it ended up being the long way to what he had pointed out on his topo map.

Like you Todrick I try and keep all personal feeling aside, but if there is one thing that I can't stand its hypocrites. Enough said. we have all made mistakes and hopefully we have all learned from them.
I hope every has learned.

The most reckless thing i have ever done in my 2wd was 100mph on the dry lake... with the closest other truck being over a mile away... and only myself in the truck. I have gone places in my 2wd most think insane, but i have always done so with safety in mind, baring one incident where my passenger caused my truck to shift(i even have that on video LOL), i have never had an accident on the trail, not with my xterra, not with my jeep, and not with any other vehicle i have owned.

I resent you blaming me for going on the night run, logan reasurred me 3 seperate times that it would be ok.[/b]
why does Logan need to reassure you, wasn't this YOUR event, weren't you the one leading? You and Yvonne left a good impression on me and seem like nice people bu t I think sometimes your ego gets in the way of what really happened

#206348 - 13/01/04 01:37 PM Re: Axle...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Damn you Cali guys sure are whiney bitches. Get out and wheel your trucks. If you do something stupid admit it. If you continue to do stupid shit, after people try to help you correct your problem fuck off for being a hard head. I am not the best driver by any stretch of the imagination. When I first started though, I listened to those with more experience than me, namely Carlton, and learned from them.

#206349 - 13/01/04 01:46 PM Re: Axle...
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
When I first started though, I listened to those with more experience than me, namely Carlton, and learned from them.
Count yourself lucky. I pretty much had to learn for myself.

#206350 - 13/01/04 02:00 PM Re: Axle...
off2cjb Offline

Geez, the things that get yall spun up.
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.

#206351 - 13/01/04 02:20 PM Re: Axle...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Flame on!!
Ummmm....yeah.....what he said. laugh

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#206352 - 13/01/04 02:23 PM Re: Axle...
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Sorry I haven't answered you yet. I have been too busy playing...
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
hide and go fuck yourself.
You can't leave well enough alone. :rolleyes:

I have to go pick my daughter up from school... help her with her home work... then deal with you hopefully for the LAST time. [Freak]

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#206353 - 13/01/04 02:50 PM Re: Axle...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aero Steve:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]When I first started though, I listened to those with more experience than me, namely Carlton, and learned from them.
Count yourself lucky. I pretty much had to learn for myself.[/b]
Yeah I appreciated the help I received. Of course I left out the part wear I rednecked it through a deep mud puddle up to the door handles about five times and poked a stick into the fan shroud within ten minutes of each other. Almost blew up the engine that day. laugh Thankfully for my truck my next wheeling trip was with SWXC, and I have learned a lot since, and still wheel with them all the time.

#206354 - 13/01/04 03:27 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Todrick and Ian would make good off-road partners as they could leave each other if something happened.
Logan, you can take your comments of me leaving anybody and stick them in your ass.

I have never left anyone on a trail run.
2 years ago at goneMOAB, I left the group on the dirt road back to town after 13 hours of Golden Spike. You all had maps, and it was a dirt road back to the highway. The trail run was over at that point. Am I supposed to have you follow me all the back to my condo and open a beer for you ?

Don't ever post false information about me again you miserable, whiny little fuck.

#206355 - 13/01/04 03:36 PM Re: Axle...
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Man alive, do we have a lot of people in here who insist on having the LAST word on everything!

Come on, guys....

Edited to add: Not pointing the finger at you Ian. You posted just before me.

#206356 - 13/01/04 03:39 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

I was done until Logan showed up. I won't have him posting lies about me.

#206357 - 13/01/04 04:09 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

On a lighter note... :rolleyes:

If you ever head a run like this I'll make the trip. laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Am I supposed to have you follow me all the back to my condo and open a beer for you ?
[Spit]

#206358 - 13/01/04 05:44 PM Re: Axle...
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
As relative new member of SCCX (less then one year), I just want to post to say it is a great club and has a wonderful group of people. Please don't let this thread make you think otherwise of joining.

I have met all the people you all are complaining about (can you say the same?), so do not rag on them until you know them personally. A few pictures doesn't really tell the whole story.

AXLE is a great driver and has gotten people out of jam before. He helps out fixing other people's Xterras. He is a valuable and contributing member to the club. I am sure he did the best he can do given the situation. No one is perfect... except for IAN. :p

LOGAN is famous in the club as being a bit agressive. I mean who in their right mind would drive their Volvo as an Xterra? wink He is a great navigator and can pretty much find his way around anywhere. He doesn't leave people behind. I mean, he can technically leave the club since he doesn't have an Xterra anymore, but he stays.

Are they the safest drivers in the world? Probably not, but should they be scorn for life because of their mistakes? No. Both of them are great members of SCCX, and I am sure lots of people in the club appreciates that they offer. smile

Just go to the website, www.sccxterra.com and read some of the posts there. We have regular Xcursions every month. We help out the environment and got Club of the Year over other 4x4 clubs. How many other Xterra club can say the same?

Anyways, sorry to hear what happenned to your X, Axle. I am glad that you and your family are OK (the most important thing). If there is anyone who can fix it, you are da man. [Smoking]

#206359 - 13/01/04 05:51 PM Re: Axle...
LOGAN Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Gee...then WHAT would you call the direct quote of a statement that you made below from page 3 of this thread Ian? I am sure that it was comforting to the ones who up until then were thinking of following you....

I was only quoting the source! -YOU- [Finger]

LOGAN

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Axle:
[b]Hey, shit happens.
That's 3 times you have fucked up your truck driving too fast. I doubt you will ever learn how to drive safely. You are truly embarassing.

If that was our club, I would have left you there.[/b]

#206360 - 13/01/04 06:01 PM Re: Axle...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
I wondered when this would get moved here...

So who is winning?

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#206361 - 13/01/04 06:12 PM Re: Axle...
LOGAN Offline

So why the hell did I get brought into this and slammed around? I was not even there when Axle went over, I was not even in the same state.

And if you think I am going to sit back and get phone call after phone call and e-mail after e-mail telling me I need to look at XOC...I need to look at XOC.....And then I do look and see you all slamming ME for no reason...

That is why I quit posting here in the first place. If Todrick keeps his fingers out of here so will I. And we all know THAT will never happen....

LOGAN

Quote:
I was done until Logan showed up. I won't have him posting lies about me.

#206362 - 13/01/04 06:16 PM Re: Axle...
XOC Offline
Admin

Do me a favor and learn how to reply to posts. The quote goes on the top, not the bottom.

Here's an example...

A. Because it is hard to understand.
Q. Why shouldn't we top post ?

#206363 - 13/01/04 06:20 PM Re: Axle...
LOGAN Offline

Quote:
Do me a favor and learn how to reply to posts. The quote goes on the top, not the bottom.

Here's an example...

A. Because it is hard to understand.
Q. Why shouldn't we top post ?
THANKS... I always wondered about that... confused

#206364 - 13/01/04 07:12 PM Re: Axle...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
This thread is finger-lickin' good!!!!!!

[ThumbsUp]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#206365 - 13/01/04 08:23 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

Quote:
So why the hell did I get brought into this and slammed around? I was not even there when Axle went over, I was not even in the same state.

And if you think I am going to sit back and get phone call after phone call and e-mail after e-mail telling me I need to look at XOC...I need to look at XOC.....And then I do look and see you all slamming ME for no reason...

That is why I quit posting here in the first place. If Todrick keeps his fingers out of here so will I. And we all know THAT will never happen....

LOGAN

nope... but you can thank Renee for bringing you into into it... i was contenet not to use your name or situation... i fyou look at my first post you can see i did not mention you by name, or give details about the situation.

then renee spewed the lie you all made up... by that point i had already said i wasn't playing that game anymore so i had to point out the revisionist history

#206366 - 13/01/04 08:40 PM Re: Axle...
Anonymous
Unregistered

So are you all saying that I shouldn't go on the upcoming SCCX Xcursion, which will be my first? I'm sorry, but I haven't been convinced about it being unsafe. I know enough not to follow others if I feel uncomfortable. I have always off-roaded on my own (CJ7) and wouldn't hesitate to head off on my own if I felt unsafe.

My only concern would be that I may possibly hold up the group. I would hesitate (big time) doing 100 across a dry lake and my main purpose of a run would not be to see how far I can push my X.

Joining the group was my new safe and sane way of going off road. I have always gone by myself, but a lot of people have a problem when they hear that. They are probably right. Now I'm not sure if I would fit in after reading these posts. It's kind of sad.

I guess this answers the question of what effect this thread is having on XOC and Xterra clubs in general.

#206367 - 13/01/04 09:55 PM Re: Axle...
Todrick Offline

never go alone...

go out with SCCX, you be the judge...

really i would suggest you wheel with people that you think share the same ideologies as you, in regards to trail choices, trail etiquette and driving techniques.

you already have a background in off-roading, so you should know right from wrong.

Honestly, I'm not telling people to not go on sccx runs. I'm just letting them know that it is important to learn what your doing from people who know what they're doing... and certain sccx members (not all, or even the majority) have demonstrated time and again that they don't.

in the end it comes down to common sense, something you seem to have...

so go, have fun, Be safe...
and keep the rubber side down wink

#206368 - 13/01/04 11:16 PM Re: Axle...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida

"I'd hoped that we could come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to find a peaceful solution to this problem."

#206369 - 13/01/04 11:53 PM Re: Axle...
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
So are you all saying that I shouldn't go on the upcoming SCCX Xcursion, which will be my first? I'm sorry, but I haven't been convinced about it being unsafe. I know enough not to follow others if I feel uncomfortable. I have always off-roaded on my own (CJ7) and wouldn't hesitate to head off on my own if I felt unsafe.

My only concern would be that I may possibly hold up the group. I would hesitate (big time) doing 100 across a dry lake and my main purpose of a run would not be to see how far I can push my X.

Joining the group was my new safe and sane way of going off road. I have always gone by myself, but a lot of people have a problem when they hear that. They are probably right. Now I'm not sure if I would fit in after reading these posts. It's kind of sad.

I guess this answers the question of what effect this thread is having on XOC and Xterra clubs in general.
don't hesitate to come on the next xcursion. i have only been to one xcursion, and thus only met logan once.
while i have never wheeled w/ axle, i can thank him for installing my lift and overall being a VERY helpful person who spent pretty much TWO WEEKEND AFTERNOONS with my xterra. i have great respect for him as a family man, friend and mechanic.
as for logan: on the xcursion i went on, we had some 4x2's with us. logan intentionally went ahead and left his frontier in 2wd to see if the 2wd xterras could make it. he cooperated with the other team members just fine and had the safety of others in mind.
sccx in general: a great group of people. come on the next xcursion, xterrah. decide for yourself.

this is exactly what i was talking about a few pages before. if it's personal, keep it that way. don't brand an entire group because of personal issues.

#206370 - 14/01/04 07:25 AM Re: Axle...
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
Ha ha Madman, that was on HBO last night. I love that movie.

You guys need to go to the video section and see the picture of Ian being safe on a motorcycle in the "oh my" section.

Quite the example.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal