2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206781 - 04/10/03 06:48 PM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
We did not give him any chemical weapons. Several countries around the world sold him precursor dual use chemicals. That is just another propaganda lie.
But we gave him the samples used to generate Bio-weapons, that we later used as a reason to invade the country:
The Associated Press Story.
Quote:
Having an evil dictator be 'the balance of power' is not my idea of a good thing. This argument that we are creating terror is just dumb. The terrorists already exist. They are flooding into Iraq right now. We are hunting them down and killing them. They know if they lose their days of fooling their people are over.
An Evil Dictator is bad, but Anarchy breeds terrorism.

Just like so many people who used to give Bush a 90% approval rating and now give him a 51%, many arabs that were on the fence about becomming terrorists against the US are passing over. I'm sure they hated Saddam; but now they don't even have Saddam to hate, they can focus on the US. And against an Army as powerful as ours they know that conventional warefare won't work. The only way they can make an impact is through terrorism.

If you think invading an Arab country isn't goign to cause turmoil amoung Arabs you're blind to what happens in the world outside the US. Arabs like the civilization they started, they got rid of tribes when the Islam religion was founded and decided to stick together as a Religion. That Arab unity still lives on today, that's why invading Iraq is producing terrorists in other countries.

Xterra101.com

#206782 - 05/10/03 07:32 AM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
We will eventually find weapons of mass destruction...as we clean up the mess after one of the islamic crazies uses one of them in an American city.(it's bound to happen, Wil's friend Osama has set the benchmark) The technology to build such weapons isn't rocket science. Containing them is. These countries shuffle this stuff around because they know we will spend more time on bi-partisan bickering about it, than trying to secure intel to let us know where or who may have it.

As I've said before, and I'll say it again (and it doesn't have jack squat to do with what side of the political fence your on) If you think that these HOSTILE nations such as Iran, Saudi-Disarraybia, Syria..aren't clammering to try to get these weapons in their arsenals you need to change the bong water.

I wonder what the left side would do if the unthinkable would happen. Do you think they would hunker down and start funneling $$$ over there to buy their friendship??? Or perhaps say that everything in the Mid-East is the fault of the Americans and we deserve what we got coming to us? Or that everything is a vast right-wing conspiracy to dominate the world and get all the oil?

Regardless of your political convictions, extremist groups have one thing in mind. Destroy anything and everyone who isn't muslim. Destroy everything that isn't chaotic and resembles somekind of order. Kill the Jews. Kill the Americans. Destroy democracy. Destroy, Destroy, Destroy! They have taken the Quran and turned it into a hellish battlecry to justify sending young people into crowded areas and kill as many people as they can. They tell them that they will be rewarded with an eternity of sex with virgins, and their families will be rewarded with money. These people have driven themselves insane with hatered.

Mark my words. That day is coming sooner than we think. wink

#206783 - 05/10/03 07:52 AM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not sure of the Jew-count here on XOC, but for the Goyem who don't know, today, the 5th is the Holiest of days for Judaism and Israel, Yom Kippur. The latest attacks have occurred in between the two greatest holidays in Judaism and are pushing the act of retaliation on behalf of Israel to the edge. Aquamanders post about the end being near is sadly true and horribly real.
G-d bless our troops and have mercy on our souls.

#206784 - 05/10/03 08:07 AM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
aquamander Offline

Not trying to be apocalyptic, just realistic. I see lots of people here who are critical of our actions around the globe. And I defend their right to make their opinions known. I have no problem with that.

I think that claiming that Iraq or any of those countries absolutely has no WMD or plans to obtain them is ridiculous.

I remember reading a story somewhere, that Iran had actually bought 2 Russian Kilo-class submarines. This is the stuff that should worry the fredom loving people of the world.

#206785 - 05/10/03 09:20 AM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Very interesting discussion. I unfortunately, only because it seems so bleak, agree with much that Aquamander has to say. I am, every time I hear of ANOTHER suicide bombing in Israel, or another atrocity committed by so-called Islamic leaders on their own people, horrified by so much that clearly symbolizes a religion that, on one hand speaks of it's love of peace and goodwill, yet on the other hand offers such a fertile garden for hatred and intolerance.

Women are treated as secondary citizens....personal freedoms are virtually non-existent.....and control over the constituents and followers is oftentimes so brutal and totaliterian that any deviation from accepted practices can result in unbelievable punishment.

I do think that Islamic practice is one that does have a basis in good, and that most practitioners of the religion are good. But increasingly, leaders of Islamic based governement are successfully building a a framework of hatred against anything that counters their manipulative beliefs, derived from devining varied messages from the Koran.

I do see, unfortunately, a continued polarization between traditional Western philosophy and the Islamic world. A polarization that will result in many more untold deaths and destruction. And yes, I do believe that many more terrorist attacks will happen here, as they have continued to happen in other parts of the world. The Islamic extremists responsible for such behavior will take tremendous joy in watching you bleed, hearing your children scream and watching your homes burn. Do not fool yourselfs.

My question is when do we as a society, on the verge of such a very dangerous point in our existence, start to take these threats seriously, and act in whatever means necessary to defend ourselves and our children?

Hopefully soon enough that there is still something to protect.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#206786 - 05/10/03 02:53 PM Re: Well, surprise, surprise...
aquamander Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:

My question is when do we as a society, on the verge of such a very dangerous point in our existence, start to take these threats seriously, and act in whatever means necessary to defend ourselves and our children?
When there's half a million dead Americans amidst a city of burning rubble...Thanks guys. At least I don't sound like a complete raving lunatic. [Freak]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal