shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206789 - 31/10/06 01:08 PM John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blotched joke??

I bet he wished he could take that comment back..... [Freak]

#206790 - 31/10/06 01:36 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

His joke about how he loves to crawl through the woods on his belly with his trusty double-barrelled shotgun while hunting deer is better. laugh

In alll fairness, I don't think he intended his comment to come out the way it did.

#206791 - 31/10/06 01:51 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Still, he's a public figure and since we hold them accountable for every word they say, it was pretty stupid and not well thought out.

And, coming from him, you really have to question whether it was a bad choice of words or a jab towards our men and women in uniform. Bad timing, bad comment, and no matter how bad Bush gets, I still thank the powers that be every day that Kerry is not our commander in chief. I can't think of too many things more demoralizing to our military than having him, Gore, or Hillary at the helm.

#206792 - 31/10/06 01:57 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Amen, brother.

#206793 - 31/10/06 02:05 PM Re: John Kerry
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
...it was pretty stupid and not well thought out.
So...that makes the score:

Kerry: 1
Bush: 23,126

How is this news?

ETA: Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say, but after hearing stupid things coming from our current administration for six years, I'm kind of used to it.

#206794 - 31/10/06 02:29 PM Re: John Kerry
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Wow, a classless showing from the left. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

#206795 - 31/10/06 02:38 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
[b]...it was pretty stupid and not well thought out.

How is this news?

ETA: Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say, but after hearing stupid things coming from our current administration for six years, I'm kind of used to it.[/b]
I would have to say that Kerry has more than 1.

#206796 - 31/10/06 02:56 PM Re: John Kerry
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Fronterra:
I would have to say that Kerry has more than 1.
And I agree with you. It's not that hard to find a politician that says stupid crap from time to time. Who was it that invented the Internet? Dare I dig up some of Dan Quayle's gems? Come on guys, this is par for the course.

It's not a "classless" lefty viewpoint either. If you want to start talking about "holding public figures accountable" for what they say, don't start with a has-been senator.

#206797 - 31/10/06 03:23 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, Kerry put his foot in his mouth and said something that sounded really stupid. But what is sad, and this is more a criticism of American politics than of the current administration, is for his faux pas to be escalated into front page news just because it is a week before elections. There are SO MANY important things for government to worry about than some clumsy statements by the LOSER of the last presidential election.

Kerry is so yesterday. Americans really don't care what he has to say. It strikes me as utterly counterproductive for Republicans, especially our commander-in-chief, to give it so much air time. Not only this will not rally his Republican constituents, they will be even more turned off about voting.

Of course, without question, if the political parties were reversed the Democrats wouldn't be any better. Again it is all just a said state of American politics.

_Lazza

#206798 - 31/10/06 04:20 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

I actually think that was the real John Kerry coming out to play. I expect nothing less from Northeast limousine liberals. They give lip service to the "support our troops," but really, deep down, they loath the military.

This whole generation of senior Dem politicians is stricken with the Vietnam syndrome. Every armed conflict is still seen through the looking glass of 'Nam. Kerry's statement was very Nam-esque, trying to beat the tired drum that the poor and uneducated fight in wars. I, for one, have plenty of intelligent, educated friends and family members currently serving in uniform. Kerry can go fuck himself. What an arrogant, self-righteous, pompous ass.

Is Bush and Co. any better? Not really. At least Kerry served on active duty, regardless of how "active" he really was.

#206799 - 31/10/06 06:59 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
FlyFishingX At least Kerry served on active duty, regardless of how "active" he really was
Fly... I generally agree with your statements.(except fishing) smile However. How you serve whether it's active duty , active reserve, or drilling reserve or even (god forbid) the peace corps.. IT IS STILL SERVICE. We will have plenty of reserves coming home from a war. When you place yourself under the service of your country you do what is required , when it is required. War or no war. IT IS STILL SERVICE. Service is service and I respect everyone who has given to their country. You never compare the type of service or duration.
We have Hundreds of millions of the populace who will never serve their country in any fashion.

The guys I really hated on active duty always told you their plans to go on and do something else (greatness). And this service stint was just a ticket to be punched for their resume.That was and is Kerry. I have 20 years active duty service(77-98) and I have seen plenty of these guys. One guy even received PETA membership brochures while we were deployed.

#206800 - 31/10/06 07:05 PM Re: John Kerry
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
"What an arrogant, self-righteous, pompous ass."

That is Exactly how I have felt about him since the first I ever heard from him. He knew what he was saying and he meant it. The man's a dick!

But Bush sucks too. Politicians in general just plain suck!

#206801 - 31/10/06 07:15 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
ChuckH "What an arrogant, self-righteous, pompous ass."
succinctly put

#206802 - 31/10/06 07:34 PM Re: John Kerry
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
This is not surprising. Kerry has made a career out of denigrating and saying horrible lies about the military. That's how he became famous in the first place when he was young.

It's a problem with all these elitist people like Kerry. They loathe most military people.

The truth is, the military has higher per capita levels of educated people than the civilian population.

The truth is, uneducated people often remain civilians and vote for loser scum like John Kerry.

Kerry was saying just last year that American troops were "terrorizing Iraqi's". Women and children. Should we be thankful he didn't call them Nazi's and compare them to Pol Pot like another Democrat Senator did?

Kerry refuses to apologize for what he said and in Kerry's world everyone is dumb because everyone should have known he was talking about George Bush. [Freak]

Classifying the military in Iraq as basically uneducated slackers must be what Democrats like Kerry mean when they say "We support the troops".

He's running for president again in 2008 by the way.

#206803 - 31/10/06 08:35 PM Re: John Kerry
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
This is not surprising. Kerry has made a career out of denigrating and saying horrible lies about the military. That's how he became famous in the first place when he was young.

It's a problem with all these elitist people like Kerry. They loathe most military people.

The truth is, the military has higher per capita levels of educated people than the civilian population.

The truth is, uneducated people often remain civilians and vote for loser scum like John Kerry.

Kerry was saying just last year that American troops were "terrorizing Iraqi's". Women and children. Should we be thankful he didn't call them Nazi's and compare them to Pol Pot like another Democrat Senator did?

Kerry refuses to apologize for what he said and in Kerry's world everyone is dumb because everyone should have known he was talking about George Bush. [Freak]

Classifying the military in Iraq as basically uneducated slackers must be what Democrats like Kerry mean when they say "We support the troops".

He's running for president again in 2008 by the way.
How can you talk trash about a war hero? [LOL]

#206804 - 31/10/06 08:59 PM Re: John Kerry
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Kerry in 2004, trying to use "his Red Sox" to help get more votes....."My favorite player is Manny Ortez" [LOL] Fucking clown! All politicians are scum, you either vote for Asshole A or Asshole B but, don't insult me by lieing and sucking ass, jerkoff! laugh

#206805 - 01/11/06 03:33 AM Re: John Kerry
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by PDXterra:
Quote:
[b]...it was pretty stupid and not well thought out.

How is this news?

ETA: Yeah, it was a stupid thing to say, but after hearing stupid things coming from our current administration for six years, I'm kind of used to it.[/b]
Prefectly said... [ThumbsUp]

#206806 - 01/11/06 09:22 AM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Say what you will about Bush, but I don't think you'd ever hear him come out and say something so blatantly disrespectful to our servicemembers.

Bush has had plenty of public speaking blunders, but most of his are just assaults on the English language and not our military's collective intelligence. Bush is a genuine patriot; I don't think anyone can argue that. He's probably patriotic to a fault, but at least it's clear he loves the country from which he's from. Kerry and others like him (Gore, Billary, Kennedy) genuinely loathe the public for which they represent, loathe our military, and want to uproot our constitution with their agendas.

Discuss.

#206807 - 01/11/06 12:06 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found this response particularly hilarious:

#206808 - 01/11/06 12:10 PM Re: John Kerry
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by goofiefoot:
I found this response particularly hilarious:

LOL.....Kerry is an ass-face. I think he just showed what kind of commander-in-chief he would have been had he been elected.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#206809 - 01/11/06 12:16 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit] [Spit] [LOL]

#206810 - 01/11/06 01:11 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

From someone that does not have much vested in the American politics, military and current operations, I have to admit my first thought when I heard what he said was 'damn funny and stupid, he just slammed the troops'.

When I thought about it further - it occurred to me that this may have been a bit of a Freudian slip - as everyone knows that the frenzy of military recruiting is going on in poor areas with less then stellar education levels and local unemployment.

I also don't hear of too many politicians sons and daughters volunteering (both Democrat and Republican - but I would have to say to the republicans - put your sons where your mouth is!)

I have no doubt having heard the explanations and the context of the speech that this was meant as a joke against Bush. It backfired badly. I find it funny that some of the troops are too stupid to see that the meaning was not entirely conveyed by Kerry's words. Sometimes words are said to deceive, sometimes they are misused, and very rarely can words be trusted by themselves.

#206811 - 01/11/06 01:26 PM Re: John Kerry
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by SE4X4:
From someone that does not have much vested in the American politics, military and current operations, I have to admit my first thought when I heard what he said was 'damn funny and stupid, he just slammed the troops'.

When I thought about it further - it occurred to me that this may have been a bit of a Freudian slip - as everyone knows that the frenzy of military recruiting is going on in poor areas with less then stellar education levels and local unemployment.

I also don't hear of too many politicians sons and daughters volunteering (both Democrat and Republican - but I would have to say to the republicans - put your sons where your mouth is!)

I have no doubt having heard the explanations and the context of the speech that this was meant as a joke against Bush. It backfired badly. I find it funny that some of the troops are too stupid to see that the meaning was not entirely conveyed by Kerry's words. Sometimes words are said to deceive, sometimes they are misused, and very rarely can words be trusted by themselves.
For some Canadian who claims to not have a vested interest in American politics, you do always have an awful lot to say about it.

If Kerry wanted to make a "so-called" joke about Bush or the Bush administration, he would have included the words "Bush" or "Bush administration" or even "administration" in his comment. He didn't.

Yeah, he made a Freudian slip. It revealed his true feelings about the people that serve in the military.

You are also full of shit with your statement that recruiting is at a frenzy in areas with "less then stellar education levels and local unemployment". If that were true, then why does the military have better levels of education than the general population?

People like you and Kerry are of the same mindset.

#206812 - 01/11/06 02:05 PM Re: John Kerry
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
For some Canadian who claims to not have a vested interest in American politics, you do always have an awful lot to say about it.
My claim to not have a vested interest comes from not taking sides on any particular party, however I do take sides on issues - especially when those issues involve deaths and profits. And is more humanitarian in nature rather than politically biased.

Quote:
If Kerry wanted to make a "so-called" joke about Bush or the Bush administration, he would have included the words "Bush" or "Bush administration" or even "administration" in his comment. He didn't.
He made several jokes about the administration, then said 'I want to talk about education, but before that I want to say something...' none of his jokes elicited laughs. I would say he probably was feeling that all his jokes were going flat and was probably nervous about what he was going to say.

Quote:
[QB]
Yeah, he made a Freudian slip. It revealed his true feelings about the people that serve in the military.
Well, not being god I cannot judge what his actual intentions are, but it being patently stupid what he said I doubt that was what he meant to say.

Quote:

You are also full of shit with your statement that recruiting is at a frenzy in areas with "less then stellar education levels and local unemployment". If that were true, then why does the military have better levels of education than the general population?
...Am I now?
I don't doubt that there are kids that have put themselves through school that are serving in the military, but I doubt many of them have high hopes of landing that great MBA job... Also your general population - does it include people like grandma's from the segregated 50's, and inner city kids who are very uneducated but for whom military service is quite distasteful especially since there is the prospect of easy gang money?

Quote:

People like you and Kerry are of the same mindset.
I find it kind of telling that you left out the last part about republicans not having their kids in the frey.

Also wanted to add: I see that Bush is supporting the troops, I think I can offer that same kind of support.
Rah, Rah, Go troops GO!!! - how's that?

#206813 - 01/11/06 04:37 PM Re: John Kerry
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Many in the military are using it as a means to get to higher education. Many already have higher education. Many have no interest in higher education, but that doesn't mean they are stupid, nor does it mean that they are there because they didn't choose higher education. Most in the military are there because they want to be. In any case, I have many friends and aquaintances who have been in the military and all are highly educated and/or successful. I can assure you these folks are insulted by Kerry's comment and they should be. I wasn't even in the military and I find it insulting!

ANd I still think Kerry was well aware of what he was saying. The man is the true definition of "asshole!"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal