shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207362 - 18/11/03 09:21 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
DGX Factor Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by classy man:
Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:
[b]If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

Carlton did nothing wrong. If the BMW was too close to react in time then he was obviously following to close to Carlton for the current conditions. REGARDLESS. Just because Carlton made a decision to negotiate the obstacle differently than a BMW does not in any way shape or form put him at fault.

I applaud you Carlton for doing the speed limit. I could drive down the road right now and 9 out of 10 vehicles are over the limit. As for the BMW... if you have the money to own one in the first place then you have the money to fix it. Be thankful you didn't hurt anyone or get and violations.
so what you'r saying is it doesn't matter that he was trying to cause the accident? have you not ever heard of a "intent to cause harm" statute? sounds like you're a typical wal mart rent-a-cop. how about geting to know your law huh? you think you're all that because you wear that badge. i know your type. when it comes down to it you put your britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

and for you clowns laughing at my spelling i was just a little bit drunk the other day so what ?? is that some big deal?

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby] [/b]
Carlton will say the same things we are saying if you tell him that, so STFU troll. How do you plan to get a good story lined up on that one, since it seems you don't even have respect for the law in the first place. Like Suspect2 probably, I would have to laugh at you there Classy-fag.......

#207363 - 18/11/03 11:50 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
I think Carlton is Classy Guy, and he did it to see how many pages he could get this up to! laugh

#207364 - 18/11/03 12:12 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Firebraun:
I think Carlton is Classy Guy, and he did it to see how many pages he could get this up to! laugh
Ah, I think this is a pretty good explanation, and highly likely. laugh

#207365 - 18/11/03 12:32 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
nope

#207366 - 18/11/03 03:38 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok. Long time reader, first time poster, here.

But this thread is just too good to NOT respond to.

There were a lot of "what ifs" thrown around early on in the post, so my first answer starts from the question, "what if an ass-clown responded to the original post by saying the Bimmer was not at fault for hitting the log in the road"...

But I already got an answer to that "what if" by reading more posts...

Anyways, just thought I'd throw out another "what if" that hasn't been discussed. What if the Xterra did swerve around the log? Odds are, the original ass-clown in the bimmer still would not have had time to swerve and miss the log CAUSE HE WAS FREAKING TAILGATING!!! So then what happens to the bimmer? Instead of breaking some plastic body parts and grounding himself, his bimmer now hits the log off-center of his car. Well, there's not too much important stuff over there. Just some more plastic...and suspension/steering components. Oops, there went a tie-rod. Oops there goes the bimmer careening out of the lane and off to who knows where...

So basically my point is, F the bimmer that was tailgating. If he was far enough back to see in front of him, he wouldn't have hit anything. There's too many "What If" situations that did NOT happen, so why even talk about them. That driver should just take some freaking responsibility for his own dumbass actions.

And now let the flaming on the new guy begin. All liberal junkies feel free, 'cause the last time I voted Democrate was...umm...hold on, still thinking. Oh yeah, that's right. There hasn't been a single democrat worth voting for in my lifetime, so I guess I haven't voted for one.

#207367 - 19/11/03 03:10 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Ok. Long time reader, first time poster, here.

But this thread is just too good to NOT respond to.

There were a lot of "what ifs" thrown around early on in the post, so my first answer starts from the question, "what if an ass-clown responded to the original post by saying the Bimmer was not at fault for hitting the log in the road"...

But I already got an answer to that "what if" by reading more posts...

Anyways, just thought I'd throw out another "what if" that hasn't been discussed. What if the Xterra did swerve around the log? Odds are, the original ass-clown in the bimmer still would not have had time to swerve and miss the log CAUSE HE WAS FREAKING TAILGATING!!! So then what happens to the bimmer? Instead of breaking some plastic body parts and grounding himself, his bimmer now hits the log off-center of his car. Well, there's not too much important stuff over there. Just some more plastic...and suspension/steering components. Oops, there went a tie-rod. Oops there goes the bimmer careening out of the lane and off to who knows where...

So basically my point is, F the bimmer that was tailgating. If he was far enough back to see in front of him, he wouldn't have hit anything. There's too many "What If" situations that did NOT happen, so why even talk about them. That driver should just take some freaking responsibility for his own dumbass actions.

And now let the flaming on the new guy begin. All liberal junkies feel free, 'cause the last time I voted Democrate was...umm...hold on, still thinking. Oh yeah, that's right. There hasn't been a single democrat worth voting for in my lifetime, so I guess I haven't voted for one.
Good first post!
No one can flame you for what you said! You have to be responsible for your own actions, plain and simple! Tailgate and you'll pay for it!

-Rick

#207368 - 19/11/03 06:31 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

[b]I, on the other hand, don't mind being lumped in with the collective, because I've looked at what conservatives stand for, and realised I didn't want any part of it.
I consider the right-wing conservatives "The Collective".

One just has to look at history to see how the "Radicals" (i.e. independent thinkers) like Galileo for instance, were persecuted by this very same "Collective". That's OK though, Rush, O'Reilly, or even Pat Roberson can't stop evolution no matter how hard they try.

This poppy-cock about all liberals not accepting the concept of responsibility, or working hard in order to obtain something near and dear is pure bullshit. Anyone who believes this blanket statement is part of this "Collective".

laugh [/b]
ok...I'm NOT a part of the collective now...whew... laugh [/b]
Are you really that stupid to believe the liberals accept responsiblity? Lets look at Clinton, lets look at Carter, lets look at welfare, lets look at abortion, lets look at all the newly-found mind disorders, lets look at healthcare, etc.... There is not one liberal who accepts responsiblity. Not one. There is not one liberal who values working hard, no matter what the reason. Your party's platofrm is built around doing everything for everyone. Where is the responsibility? Where is the accountability? You people make me sick.

#207369 - 19/11/03 06:45 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
2001frontier Offline

While I agree with you in principle to a certain extent about the mindset of liberals, those blanket statements are ridiculous.

#207370 - 19/11/03 07:26 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
off2cjb Offline

Oh, OK, there might be a few liberals out there, but not many.

#207371 - 19/11/03 07:34 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I hate all people who make generalizations about people wink

#207372 - 19/11/03 07:56 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Welcome Porsche996! Kaiser442... that was good... lost on too many people, but good...
MV

#207373 - 19/11/03 08:18 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Are you really that stupid to believe the liberals accept responsiblity? Lets look at Clinton, lets look at Carter, lets look at welfare, lets look at abortion, lets look at all the newly-found mind disorders, lets look at healthcare, etc.... There is not one liberal who accepts responsiblity. Not one. There is not one liberal who values working hard, no matter what the reason. Your party's platofrm is built around doing everything for everyone. Where is the responsibility? Where is the accountability? You people make me sick.
You are right. There are some in my party that DO feel that way, just as there are those in your party that favor taking everything for themselves. There are extremests on both sides. But to make the blanket statements you do is just ridiculous.

For instance. I'm not in favor of abortion as birth control. I've said on more than on occasion that I'm against abortion except in cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother.

I value working hard. But I also know the pain of being unemployed and needing assistance from the government to survive. I was unemployed for a year, and in that time I went out and found work along with getting some assistance from my parents. I never went to the government, but it would have been a last resort had I not found my current job. So I can identify with those that need help and are on disability or on welfare. When conservatives make blanket statements such as the ones you made, it makes me furious, because I've been there, and know what it's like. We're not all lazy. We're not all loafers. But you make the assumption that everyone on welfare are lazy and refuse to work. There are some that are, granted, but many people on welfare just need some help for a small amount of time.

In regards to your statements on "mental disorders," they do exist. They're not an excuse, but I have seen criminals with mental disorders get the help they need in jail. I had two friends that were violently bi-polar in high school. One was in a gang, and one was an orphan that lived with my best friend. Both of them were locked up for a time, and both of them recieved the help they needed. The gang member is now managing several restaurants in Wichita, and the other is a musician in LA. Without studying and figuring out what is wrong with people with these diseases, by just throwing them in jail and forgetting about them as you would like to do, they would not be the upstanding members of society that they are today!

Your blanket statements are ridiculous, and I think you are just wanting to start an argument.

Not starting an argument here...just personalizing your comments.

#207374 - 19/11/03 09:07 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
off2cjb Offline

What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.

#207375 - 19/11/03 09:27 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
I'll agree with you that kids are overmedicated today. I think a lot of it is parents who just don't want to discipline their kids. I wouldn't blame the ACLU (although I feel they give liberals a bad name...now THESE are true liberal wacknuts...NAMBLA my ass...) but I do agree with you that kids are kids, and are going to sometimes not pay attention, are going to be fussy, and are going to fight. They're kids! Parents need to learn discipline again. Time out is BS. Sometimes to get their attention, a kid needs a good smack on the butt.

But that's not the ACLU's fault, as wacky as they may be.

And while I'll agree with you that the drug companies are partly to blame, I think you have to also blame the doctors that are in bed with the drug companies. If the doctors wouldn't write the perscriptions, then the kids wouldn't be overmedicated.

It comes down to doctors who are in it for the money, and not the patient. If there were more doctors that truly cared about people and not the paybacks from each perscription that they write, then America would be a lot healthier and less drug dependant.

#207376 - 19/11/03 09:35 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know about you but I want my tax dollars going towards educating my child, not defining a pecking order amongst kids with learning disorders. If your son was constantly being beat up by another child in the class that was twice his size, what would you do? Show him how to defend himself? If so, you watch too many movies because in the real world the bullies have friends (its called a gang) just waiting for you at the end of the day.

If you ask me, this is one of the main problems at public schools, dealing with the few who just don't what to learn or even be there in the first place, all they want to do is disrupt the class. I always thought the main purpose of school was to learn, not to be part of a family of baboons.

In my town, most the asshole jocks and "tough guys" became land scapers or town workers, and now work for a lot of the very same kids they used to pick on in school.

[LOL]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#207377 - 19/11/03 09:39 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
bennet Offline

I saw a commercial the other day about Adult ADD. Well maybe it was just a day ago. No, it was like two days. It was late at night after I woke up because I couldn't sleep. Things have been stressful lately and I'm not sleeping well. Anyway, that night after I woke up because I couldn't sleep there was a show on late called The 5th Wheel. It was after David Letterman, and I think he had Britney Spears on that night. She was hyper. Anyway, the 5th Wheel is a dating show where they hook up two couples who swap, and then they throw a fifth person in the mix. The fifth person that night was a lady who had no personality and no sense of humor. She didn't get picked. But they make out pretty hot and heavy on that show. Anyway, I think it was during that show where I saw the ad for Adult ADD. That was what they called it, and they were pushing some drug for it. That is the first time I heard of it.

I think I have it. I think I need that drug to help me.

#207378 - 19/11/03 09:50 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
bennet Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha? What kind of bullshit is that? I don't know about you but I want my tax dollars going towards educating my child, not defining a pecking order amongst kids with learning disorders. If your son was constantly being beat up by another child in the class that was twice his size, what would you do? Show him how to defend himself? If so, you watch too many movies because in the real world the bullies have friends (its called a gang) just waiting for you at the end of the day.

If you ask me, this is one of the main problems at public schools, dealing with the few who just don't what to learn or even be there in the first place, all they want to do is disrupt the class. I always thought the main purpose of school was to learn, not to be part of a family of baboons.

In my town, most the asshole jocks and "tough guys" became land scapers or town workers, and now work for a lot of the very same kids they used to pick on in school.

[LOL] [/b]
Dude, I think he was saying that "we" ("we" being a group of adolescents trying to establish the social relationships with each other) need to define the alphas (that is, the boys need to interact a certain way to define themselves or others as alpha).

Not "we" as parents and school administrators need to develop programs to establish the level of alpha in each kid.

#207379 - 19/11/03 10:03 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by bennet:

Dude, I think he was saying that "we" ("we" being a group of adolescents trying to establish the social relationships with each other) need to define the alphas (that is, the boys need to interact a certain way to define themselves or others as alpha).

Not "we" as parents and school administrators need to develop programs to establish the level of alpha in each kid.
That's exactly the way I took it. Kids are kids, not animals. School should be a place of learning and not like an episode of "Boston Public".

I'd have no problem though having Jeri Ryan as my teacher:

laugh

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#207380 - 19/11/03 10:39 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Didn't she sleep with her student on "BP"?

If I was her student, man....whoa...

Sorry, I went to my happy place. smile

#207381 - 19/11/03 11:20 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
2001frontier Offline

No he was one of the teachers.

#207382 - 19/11/03 11:21 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]What I meant by mental disorders were the ones you hear about so much on TV today. Prozac is killing our children. Boys will be boys. If they wrestle with each other or push each other around in the hall ways, it is being boys. We must attempt to prove who is the Alpha. We don't need to drug them so they act like little girls at tea parties. With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.

[LOL] [/b]
Totally off what I was getting at. But, your point is correct.

#207383 - 19/11/03 11:25 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
No he was one of the teachers.
Damn...thanks for ruining the fantasy...

#207384 - 19/11/03 01:59 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
The other teacher slept with one of her past students.

#207385 - 19/11/03 05:32 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
With every new complaint, comes some new mental disorder originating from some liberal minded drug company and excuses from the ACLU.
Funny thing... Eli Lilly is the maker of Prozac. I grew up in Indiana, 50 miles from their headquarters. I have friends who currently work for them in Indy. If you think Lilly is a liberal minded drug company, you've been taking too much stuff from Glaxo.

It has NOTHING to do with liberal/conservative. It's called $$$$.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207386 - 19/11/03 06:50 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nothing to add, just wanted to push it to 200. [Wave]

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal