2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207312 - 15/11/03 10:24 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Deer hunter Offline

Loc: Chicagoland
XTERRA RULES!
And yes I think it is funny
[LOL] [Finger] [LOL]

#207313 - 15/11/03 10:50 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carlton,

I found this on the BMW Forum from the guy who ran over the log. He specifically referred to an incident involving a white Xterra. He sounded pissed:

click here for a picture of the BMW involved in the accident

-dp [LOL]

#207314 - 15/11/03 12:13 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by classy man:
You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh? my friend sent me the link to this gay board. we were on the way across memphis wenesday following a jacked up goofy looking whit X-terra that was gowing waay slow so we pull up a little closer. this idiot got even slower. next thing wee knew we hit something in the rode. well thanks to this spazztic, jim's beemer is gettin a new spoiler and radeator suport and you people think its funny thet this happned?? how would you like it if it hapened to your x-terrra's ?? i doubt you'd dig it much so how about quitting laughing about it huh? mad [Save the fine unicorns] what a bunch of goobers. mad
i'm beginning to think we should hav called the law. mr. carlton wouldn't think it wus soo funny if the police showd up chargin him wit leeving the sene of an acident would he?? he'd be crying in jail geting it in the backside. [Rainbow]
now sit down and be quite
[LOL] Fucking Moron!

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#207315 - 15/11/03 12:18 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
XtremeFlyer Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by distant planet:
Carlton,

I found this on the BMW Forum from the guy who ran over the log. He specifically referred to an incident involving a white Xterra. He sounded pissed:

click here for a picture of the BMW involved in the accident

-dp [LOL]
Where is this BMW Forum? The picture you have is from a crash in Germany from 2001..

#207316 - 15/11/03 12:42 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
You guys really don't believe this fool, do you?

What are the chances of him:
A) thinking that the Xterra "caused" the accident?
B) searching out an Xterra board and finding this thread?

Yeah, I thought so.

And if it is really him/her/whatever, you got what you deserved. Drive "blind"...hit stuff. [Wave]

#207317 - 15/11/03 12:49 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Carlton was in no way at fault and would NOT be charged with leaving the scene. In order for him to be charged with leaving the scene or hit and run he would have to be INVOLVED in the accident, which he obviousy was not. If anything... and I am speaking from personal experience, as a cop.

If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

Carlton did nothing wrong. If the BMW was too close to react in time then he was obviously following to close to Carlton for the current conditions. REGARDLESS. Just because Carlton made a decision to negotiate the obstacle differently than a BMW does not in any way shape or form put him at fault.

I applaud you Carlton for doing the speed limit. I could drive down the road right now and 9 out of 10 vehicles are over the limit. As for the BMW... if you have the money to own one in the first place then you have the money to fix it. Be thankful you didn't hurt anyone or get and violations.

#207318 - 15/11/03 12:54 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

XtremeFlyer, it was a goof. I'm not a doctor, but I would say that half the people who responded to this thread need some Valium. I took some this weekend and it worked wonders.

In the words of Rodney King..."Can't We All Just Get Along?"

-dp [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [Smoking]

#207319 - 15/11/03 01:11 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
xterrabull Offline

Loc: san jose, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyx:
You guys really don't believe this fool, do you?

What are the chances of him:
A) thinking that the Xterra "caused" the accident?
B) searching out an Xterra board and finding this thread?

Yeah, I thought so.

And if it is really him/her/whatever, you got what you deserved. Drive "blind"...hit stuff. [Wave]
Maybe he found this site through the Nissan commercial. laugh
(Would that be, err, ironic?)

#207320 - 15/11/03 01:21 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
OnlyOneDR Offline

I've kept following this thread since I posted and have gotten so many good laughs out of it that I do believe it's the funniest thing I have ever read on XOC!

Thanks to Calton for starting it all!

Do people take everything on here seriously?

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#207321 - 15/11/03 01:50 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:

I've kept following this thread since I posted and have gotten so many good laughs out of it that I do believe it's the funniest thing I have ever read on XOC!

Thanks to Calton for starting it all!

Do people take everything on here seriously?
Unfortunately for most on this board, yes. The funniest part was how pissed off people were getting, then how it turned into a "Mob Rule" kiss Carlton's ass party.

He got a driver in a BMW that was driving too close to his bumper to run over a log in the road. He later posts this adventure of his as to brag about his heroic and glorious victory for all to see, big fucking deal.

People here need to learn to not get so bent when someone expresses their opinion, afterall this is a message board isn't it?. I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#207322 - 15/11/03 04:26 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I don't think anyone is kissing Carlton's ass here bud, it's just that most everyone that has come along wishes they could have been so lucky as to be able to do the same and witness such poetic justice being served.

The ONLY thing Carlton could have done better would been to remove the log, but I get the impression if he had tried to stop before he encountered it he would have ended up with a BMW under his rear bumper instead.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#207323 - 15/11/03 04:36 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Ericj12v Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
i have not posted much, but i do read a lot. when i see these personal negative comments, i don't think they have much of a place here. i thought we might have a little more respect for each other seeing as we are all on the same team. but i must say, after reading nine pages of this thread...
sean, don't be a dick. let it go. [Save the fine unicorns]
save your crap for people who want to hear it.

#207324 - 15/11/03 05:05 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
Quote:
Originally posted by Ericj12v:
sean, don't be a dick. let it go. [Save the fine unicorns]
save your crap for people who want to hear it.
i concur [Finger]

#207325 - 15/11/03 05:31 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Xtracurricular Offline

Loc: Denver, CO
Man, what a great opportunity to get a new rear bumper and tire carrier from Calmini. Carlton, you either already have one, or have a lot of reserve. People make their own luck. He set himself up for failure, and then failed all on his own. This guy will hopefully learn from this and not do it again...yeah right!

#207326 - 15/11/03 05:34 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
I'm thinking Brent cut the tree down and put it on the road?
[Smoking]

#207327 - 15/11/03 06:12 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
wmtrout Offline

Loc: Oregon
Originally posted by Sean
Quote:
I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened
Hell yes! Why not? There are way to many asshole drivers that will only learn by experierce like this.

#207328 - 16/11/03 05:19 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh? my friend sent me the link to this gay board. we were on the way across memphis wenesday following a jacked up goofy looking whit X-terra that was gowing waay slow so we pull up a little closer. this idiot got even slower. next thing wee knew we hit something in the rode. well thanks to this spazztic, jim's beemer is gettin a new spoiler and radeator suport and you people think its funny thet this happned?? how would you like it if it hapened to your x-terrra's ?? i doubt you'd dig it much so how about quitting laughing about it huh? mad [Save the fine unicorns] what a bunch of goobers. mad
i'm beginning to think we should hav called the law. mr. carlton wouldn't think it wus soo funny if the police showd up chargin him wit leeving the sene of an acident would he?? he'd be crying in jail geting it in the backside. [Rainbow]
now sit down and be quite
Alright, which one of you posted this? laugh Comon, its pretty damn funny with the mispelling and the "Classy Man" name. Own up! laugh Is that you Hosscat? wink

#207329 - 16/11/03 11:39 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Unfortunately for most on this board, yes. The funniest part was how pissed off people were getting, then how it turned into a "Mob Rule" kiss Carlton's ass party.

He got a driver in a BMW that was driving too close to his bumper to run over a log in the road. He later posts this adventure of his as to brag about his heroic and glorious victory for all to see, big fucking deal.

People here need to learn to not get so bent when someone expresses their [b]opinion
, afterall this is a message board isn't it?. I should hope not even Carlton would have thought 100% of the people reading this thread would have agreed with what happened.[/b]
Seriously Sean, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the driver of that BMW? or related to that driver or something?

Why the hell do you act stupid like that all the time? Go over to one of the Bimmer boards and share your sour feelings with them if that makes you feel any better.

Oh yeah, I was following some guy too closely today while walking. He started walking down a fleet of stairs but since I was walking so closely behind I didn't see the steps. I tripped and fell. Thanks a lot to that idiot in front of me who didn't warn me ahead of time! Now everyone's medical insurance is going to go up because I broke my arm.

#207330 - 16/11/03 03:04 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
He should have stopped and let you pass since you were obviosly in a hurry and needed to pass. [Too much XOC]

#207331 - 16/11/03 03:36 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Quote:
[b]You idiots think this is funnie? for yuor information i think i was in the bmw in question mad . nobody laughing now huh?
Sure we are.. we're laughing even harder now! [Laughing] [LOL] laugh [Wave] [/b]
Hehehehe! Hooked on Fonics werked fer me!

-Rick

#207332 - 16/11/03 06:51 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, everyone. I've read this whole thread and you all need a different viewpoint. So here's mine - albeit a philosophical one.

There is no such thing as luck. You make your own karma by the actions you choose. Every action has a reaction and every reaction is also an action to cause other reactions. To put it simply, only you can cause your own suffering and your own happiness. Nobody else can take either blame or credit for your life but you.

If this story is true, and I am not even going to try and answer that, the BMW driver caused his own suffering. Granted, maybe there was something Carlton could have done to gain merit on this by looking out for other drivers to come behind him, but it was (is) not necessary, if the conditions are not present for him to do so. And from the sounds of it, he wouldn't have had that opportunity in this case.

So, Carlton was in the right by making the choice he made at the time - i.e., to avoid putting himself in danger (by hitting the log or possibly running off the road to avoid it). The BMW driver on the other hand made a bad choice and suffered the consequences - just as the Law of Karma requires - immediate and proportionate retribution for his deeds. If you understand this simple law, you can sit back and watch it happen all the time and it can be very interesting to watch too.

End of story.

#207333 - 17/11/03 07:01 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:
If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

Carlton did nothing wrong. If the BMW was too close to react in time then he was obviously following to close to Carlton for the current conditions. REGARDLESS. Just because Carlton made a decision to negotiate the obstacle differently than a BMW does not in any way shape or form put him at fault.

I applaud you Carlton for doing the speed limit. I could drive down the road right now and 9 out of 10 vehicles are over the limit. As for the BMW... if you have the money to own one in the first place then you have the money to fix it. Be thankful you didn't hurt anyone or get and violations.
so what you'r saying is it doesn't matter that he was trying to cause the accident? have you not ever heard of a "intent to cause harm" statute? sounds like you're a typical wal mart rent-a-cop. how about geting to know your law huh? you think you're all that because you wear that badge. i know your type. when it comes down to it you put your britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

and for you clowns laughing at my spelling i was just a little bit drunk the other day so what ?? is that some big deal?

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby]

#207334 - 17/11/03 07:22 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread has been beaten to death. Let it go my brothers... Final Word

-dp [Smoking]

#207335 - 17/11/03 07:29 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
wordtothis Offline

Loc: atlanta
oh, and it's stupid, it happened, get over it. sure if someone with maybe 4 posts had done this then maybe they would be labeled with giving xterra owners a bad name, but that's beside the point.
this thread is too big and this topic touches home for too many people, that's the reason it's gotten 10 pages of replies in a couple of days and it's the same reason that i think it should be dropped off in a field.
david [Geek]

#207336 - 17/11/03 08:15 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Suspect2:
[b]If both parties had stopped and I rolled up. I would get both stories and any witnesses. Once figuring out the BMW was following to close I would let Carlton be on his way and write 2 tickets for the BMW. Following to close, and speeding for road conditions.

so what you'r saying is it doesn't matter that he was trying to cause the accident? have you not ever heard of a "intent to cause harm" statute? sounds like you're a typical wal mart rent-a-cop. how about geting to know your law huh? you think you're all that because you wear that badge. i know your type. when it comes down to it you put your britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

and for you clowns laughing at my spelling i was just a little bit drunk the other day so what ?? is that some big deal?

i'm interestted in seeing what this "carlton" fellar has to say when i press charges on him. all the bravado and charisma will vanish in thin air i promise you that. [Crybaby] [/b]
Soooo, whats your excuse for your spelling this time? Ever hear of a shift key?

Go ahead and press charges on him. They will laugh. You are a moron. Face it, you or whoever was driving is an idiot. What are you going to do next, get up real close behind a salt truck and then blame them for the damage from the sprayer. Maybe you should stick your head in your Microwave, I am sure you could get a substantial settlement from whoever manufactered it. I am curious to see how loud the police laugh at you when you try to press charges. You'll be sure to post that won't you? Dumbass.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal