shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207387 - 19/11/03 06:51 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by BigYella:
Nothing to add, just wanted to push it to 200. [Wave]
Aww...too bad you were 199. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207388 - 19/11/03 06:57 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
I just read the first and last pages of this thread and it's amazing how off topic it is. laugh

It starts out making fun of a tailgater that got burned and ends up a Right/Left fight about pills and school.

Xterra101.com

#207389 - 20/11/03 04:20 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
I just read the first and last pages of this thread and it's amazing how off topic it is. laugh

It starts out making fun of a tailgater that got burned and ends up a Right/Left fight about pills and school.
"Do you see me jumpin all willynilly from tree to tree?!" [LOL]

#207390 - 20/11/03 05:24 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
off2cjb Offline

I didn't mean liberal in their politics, but in there thinking. These drug companies and the such are certainly in it for the money, but they created their drugs from the liberal minded side of the house. As a general rule, liberals do not take responsiblity as discussed in another thread. That is why they come up with diseases like ADT. Sure, some kids are more hyper than others, but it isn't a disease. They don't need medicated. This is not a conservative mind planning all this out. They are shifting blame to some fictitious disease.

#207391 - 20/11/03 05:44 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

I know you guys are going to say I am nuts, but most ADD like disorders are rooted in diet and food allergies.

You give a kid too much sugar, they are going to get hyper. There is also (I kid you not) allergies to red dye that make kids hyper, unable to concentrate. My wife is allergic to red dye. My bosses children are all allergic to it.

I even know a kid that is allergic to apples. I feel many Dr.s are irresponsible prescribing Ritalin, Prozac, Buspar, etc for over active children when they should be analyzing a child diet. What a kid eats affects them in many ways. There is red die in so much of the junk we feed our kids today. From hot dogs, to condiments, and all the ready-made, microwavable crap that they all eat because they are "on-the-go." Its also in many medicines from Day-Quil, Ny-Quil, Tussin, etc etc.

I am not nessesarily saying its all red dye, but everyone needs to analyze and give more creedence to a child's diet, and look into changing that first. You are what you eat is a truism that many seem to overlook anymore. Flame away.

#207392 - 20/11/03 06:11 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I think it's Yellow Dye #5. Damn Twinkies.

#207393 - 20/11/03 06:30 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

I didn't mean liberal in their politics, but in there thinking. These drug companies and the such are certainly in it for the money, but they created their drugs from the liberal minded side of the house. As a general rule, liberals do not take responsiblity as discussed in another thread. That is why they come up with diseases like ADT. Sure, some kids are more hyper than others, but it isn't a disease. They don't need medicated. This is not a conservative mind planning all this out. They are shifting blame to some fictitious disease.
Becareful, your stupidity is starting to show again. First off ADD/ADHD is a DISORDER:

dis·or·der ( P ) n.

An ailment that affects the function of mind or body: eating disorders and substance abuse.

Not a disease:

dis·ease ( P ) n.

A pathological condition of a part, organ, or system of an organism resulting from various causes, such as infection, genetic defect, or environmental stress, and characterized by an identifiable group of signs or symptoms.

Second, as usual you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to a subject based on science. But then again, living in the "Stone Age" is a common trait when it comes to the right-wing. I suggest you actually LEARN a little something about a subject before you start bad-mouthing it, perhaps this will help:

http://www.adultadd.com/index.jsp

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#207394 - 20/11/03 07:55 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:

Ritalin, Prozac, Buspar, etc for over active children when they should be analyzing a child diet.
It's alright to dope up kids. Sedate them. Load them up with pills. It's easier than actually being a good parent. Why should people have to be responsible for these inconveniences who are byproducts of sex? They should be lucky they weren't aborted.

It's only wrong when conservative talk show hosts take drugs. Then they should go to jail.

Come on Flyer... get with the liberal program here.. [Uh Oh !]

#207395 - 20/11/03 08:05 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
It's alright to dope up kids. Sedate them. Load them up with pills. It's easier than actually being a good parent. Why should people have to be responsible for these inconveniences who are byproducts of sex? They should be lucky they weren't aborted.

It's only wrong when conservative talk show hosts take drugs. Then they should go to jail.

So, you're equating illegal drug use with overmedicating children via perscription? You're ranting again. Get a grip.

#207396 - 20/11/03 08:20 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

So, you're equating illegal drug use with overmedicating children via perscription? You're ranting again. Get a grip.
You read a lot of crap into things don't you?

I was being facetious.

My point was most liberals seem to have no problem doping up their kids. A very high percentage of young boys in this country are sedated on all kinds of medication because parents and teachers are too lazy to actually deal with them. The same liberals who give their kids tons of drugs complain when an adult like Rush takes drugs to kill pain.

Get it now? It doesn't matter. I feel a China rant coming on. We'll have to continue this in the other thread.

#207397 - 20/11/03 08:22 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#207398 - 20/11/03 08:29 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

You mean illegally obtained prescription drugs, right? Damn straight Rush should go to jail if he's convicted. He too should practice what he has preached.
How about if Rush said he needed the pills so his secretary could give him BJ's.... then asked everyone to define "is". Would you be willing to give him a pass so quickly?

Besides... Rush isn't going to jail. The DA in Florida said he had no evidence to convict so it's done. The money laundering story was bullshit muckraking. Rush is in the clear. He got the drugs with prescriptions and last time I checked, that's legal.

You really don't want to start a list of all the Democrats who do drugs do you? What about all the drug addicts Clinton had in the White House? We could go on all day.

And I want to rant about China in the other thread.. [LOL]

#207399 - 20/11/03 08:48 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
I am on this narrow two lane road...He hits it dead on... Now cars are going around him because he is stuck..

What a wonderful day it is... [Laughing]
Drive stupid, pay the price. Thanks for sharing that story Carlton. Good thing they weren't hurt and hopefully the driver will learn a lesson in driving from it.

Now, for the rest of you "turn every thread into something political" fuckers....KNOCK IT OFF! Quit hijacking threads for your personal arguements, it's really annoying.

I've opened another thread in the ALR so you can all have at it. Go here

#207400 - 20/11/03 11:57 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
No doubt! Last time I checked, this post was about tailgating...when the heck did it turn into a political debate, then to a discussion about prescription drugs?

Oh wait, we didn't argue about abortion yet...there's another 10 or 12 pages of posts we could add :rolleyes:

DKX01

#207401 - 20/11/03 12:58 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Abortion rules! [Finger]

#207402 - 04/12/03 07:34 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
No doubt! Last time I checked, this post was about tailgating...when the heck did it turn into a political debate, then to a discussion about prescription drugs?
Has anyone noticed that NYMadman's post numbers grows the fastest here? The last time I took notice of that guy he had 1000 or so, now he's added 800 more of his political crap. I wonder how many of those 2000 posts are actually about the Xterra.

So Madman, go and find a politics board and practice your typing skills there. mad

#207403 - 05/12/03 04:15 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Hey RJ [Save the fine unicorns] laugh

#207404 - 05/12/03 07:36 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Has anyone noticed that NYMadman's post numbers grows the fastest here? The last time I took notice of that guy he had 1000 or so, now he's added 800 more of his political crap. I wonder how many of those 2000 posts are actually about the Xterra.
I'd say 4 or 5, tops.

. . . or about 3 less than me. laugh

#207405 - 05/12/03 09:03 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile

#207406 - 05/12/03 09:23 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Really? That mustve been kinda cool. How long before they hatch, and how many will hatch? Will you be overrun with sea turtles? Or will you let the seagulls eat most of them as they leave the beach?

#207407 - 05/12/03 10:11 AM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I saw a couple of red-eared sliders gettin' it on in the tank at the pet store the other day. That or they were practicing for a Yertle The Turtle-like turtle stacking... wink

I like frosted flakes (isn't that the cliche` here?)

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#207408 - 05/12/03 12:53 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
I'll bet a sea turtle would fuck up the front end of a bimmer pretty well. Just like a log would.

Serves the tailgating bastard right.

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger]

#207409 - 05/12/03 01:01 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Quote:
[b]My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile
I'll bet a sea turtle would fuck up the front end of a bimmer pretty well. Just like a log would.

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]
This thread needs a snake . . .

Sssssssssssssnake!!

#207410 - 05/12/03 01:05 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]My pet sea turtle laid eggs today. smile

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]
Hell Yeah I have been waiting for the snake thread for awhile it has been to long pun intended.

[Rainbow]

Might as well throw in the gay pride smiley

#207411 - 05/12/03 01:10 PM Re: So I am being tailgated today...
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

I
Love
Cornflakes
[Finger] [/b]

Sssssssssssssnake!![/b]
Hell Yeah I have been waiting for the snake thread for awhile it has been to long pun intended.

[Rainbow]

Might as well throw in the gay pride smiley

Sanke snake snake snake . . .

Watch the snake grow . . .

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal