2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207717 - 17/05/03 12:35 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Bobby_X Offline

I thought the movie had amazing dialogue. Really a well written script, it had actual depth, not just bullshit like so many movies today that were "thrown" together.

Amazing special effects. You have to remember: when something looks rediculous, in this movie, it's because Neo can manipulate the Matrix, that's why he's "the one."

And the wreck scene, with the two eighteen wheelers -- that scene, and at the end when Neo is going so fast it's breaking everything behind him, are probabyl the two best special effects I've ever seen in my life.

#207718 - 17/05/03 01:17 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby_X:
not just bullshit like so many movies today that were "thrown" together.
Read: Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207719 - 17/05/03 01:23 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Mobycat Offline

Now that this post is going...here's Ebert's take on it (kind of amusing, really):

"That will not prevent fanboys from analyzing the philosophy of "The Matrix Reloaded" in endless Web postings. Part of the fun is becoming an expert in the deep meaning of shallow pop mythology; there is something refreshingly ironic about becoming an authority on the transient extrusions of mass culture, and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) now joins Obi-Wan Kenobi as the Plato of our age."
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#207720 - 17/05/03 02:33 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
MOLTAR Offline

Loc: richmond, va
Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
a mindless roller-coaster ride of special effects
just like every other movie and almost every commercial out these days. yay. i'm fuckin' impressed.

manipulating multiple camera angles and manipulating frames after they've been shot does nothing for me. i find it ridiculous and boring. i thought "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wires, er, Tiger" quite stupid, as well.

Nick Park of Wallace & Gromit, now that's talent and creativity.

#207721 - 17/05/03 03:01 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
[b]a mindless roller-coaster ride of special effects
just like every other movie and almost every commercial out these days. yay. i'm fuckin' impressed.

manipulating multiple camera angles and manipulating frames after they've been shot does nothing for me. i find it ridiculous and boring. i thought "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Wires, er, Tiger" quite stupid, as well.

Nick Park of Wallace & Gromit, now that's talent and creativity.[/b]
There's a point at which you hit overkill. I've never seen Crouching Tiger, and my big fear is Matrix will have gone overboard on it.

#207722 - 17/05/03 08:14 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by sean yeager:
[QUOTE]
Oh, well, if you enter Crouching Tiger in hopes to see an action movie, then of course you'll be disappointed. That's not the point.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#207723 - 17/05/03 08:16 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
I've never seen Crouching Tiger, and my big fear is Matrix will have gone overboard on it.
Matrix did go overboard on the effects. Such as the fight scene with the dozens of cloned "agents", it was fairly obvious that Neo was a computer animation. Sometimes nothing looked real.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#207724 - 18/05/03 05:52 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Does anybody not see movies anymore for the sheer enjoyment of letting the "everyday" slide into the backround for a couple of hours? Geez guys, I liked Battlefield Earth... Movies were created to take you away from the everyday grind of reality... I'll watch anything from an old B movie to Godzilla, to anime to pretty much anything else.... Do I like "deep" movies, sure, Trainspotting was a great movie, but do I want to be reminded of the tragedies of life etc... not all the time, so a mindless movie filled with philisophical drivel is excellent fodder for my senses.....

Crouching Tiger could have stood on it's own without any action scenes at all. The story itself was excellent.

#207725 - 18/05/03 08:26 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
MOLTAR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Crouching Tiger could have stood on it's own without any action scenes at all. The story itself was excellent.
it annoyed the hell out of me. every scene pretty much spelled out what would happen later in the film, and i figured out the ending somewhere near the middle of the film. the "action" just further annoyed me throughout.

i just wish films were made by people with real creativity. the writing and the story lines in most new films is horrible. taking old films and remaking them is getting obnoxious. oooooh, my car's faster than yooooooooooors!!! my gun's bigger than yoooooooors!!!

the most notable new films i've seen are "Secretary" and "The Life of David Gale". at least in those there's a reason to pay attention throughout the film.

#207726 - 19/05/03 08:07 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Does anybody not see movies anymore for the sheer enjoyment of letting the "everyday" slide into the backround for a couple of hours? Geez guys, I liked Battlefield Earth... Movies were created to take you away from the everyday grind of reality... I'll watch anything from an old B movie to Godzilla, to anime to pretty much anything else.... Do I like "deep" movies, sure, Trainspotting was a great movie, but do I want to be reminded of the tragedies of life etc... not all the time, so a mindless movie filled with philisophical drivel is excellent fodder for my senses.....

Yes, they are fun.

And I wouldn't mind spending $3, maybe $4 for a little mindless summer fun for a couple hours.

But after $15 for tix, $4.50 for popcorn, $6.00 for two medium sodas, and a theater full of little shits who can't, or won't, turn off the cell-phones and pagers, I'm now broke and frustrated as I spend two hours watching the same movie a second time, with great special effects, that does not transport me anywhere. Instead, I sit there, fuming, for two hours about how bad the writing is, how pedestrian the plot is, and about how gullible and addle-brained the studios think (or maybe know?) I am . . .

George Lucas still owes me $8.00 and two hours of my life back for "Phantom Menace" . . .

BTW, Samueul . . . you thought Trainspotting was "deep"?

[Freak]

#207727 - 19/05/03 03:25 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
I thot I was the only person on earth who liked "Battlefield Earth".

The visuals from Crouching Tiger was very fluid and watching that movie was like watching poetry. The fight scenes were amazingly coreographed (sp?) and the story was impressive as well. (when I say "story" I mean the story of the sword, not the love story, which I think was lame.)

Considering nobody in Crouching Tiger has any martial arts background (except for Michelle Yeo), it makes the coreagraphy(sp?) that much more impressive.

#207728 - 19/05/03 07:27 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

Considering nobody in Crouching Tiger has any martial arts background (except for Michelle Yeo), it makes the coreagraphy(sp?) that much more impressive.
Chow Yun-Fat anyone?

Actually, all of the main actors in Crouching Tiger have martial arts and wire experience. The movie was released in China like two years before it appeared here, languished in limited release for six months, and then hit the big time.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#207729 - 19/05/03 07:55 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Crouching Tiger was was first shown at the Cannes Film Festival in the May of 2000 and released here in December of the same year. I saw it opening night. Ang Lee has enough Hollywood clout since The Ice Storm that anything he makes will be released here rather quickly. Hulk anyone?

#207730 - 20/05/03 04:05 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
And I wouldn't mind spending $3, maybe $4 for a little mindless summer fun for a couple hours.

But after $15 for tix, $4.50 for popcorn, $6.00 for two medium sodas, and a theater full of little shits who can't, or won't, turn off the cell-phones and pagers, I'm now broke and frustrated as I spend two hours watching the same movie a second time, with great special effects, that does not transport me anywhere. Instead, I sit there, fuming, for two hours about how bad the writing is, how pedestrian the plot is, and about how gullible and addle-brained the studios think (or maybe know?) I am . . .

George Lucas still owes me $8.00 and two hours of my life back for "Phantom Menace" . . .

BTW, Samueul . . . you thought Trainspotting was "deep"?

[Freak]
Well, in this day and age, if you expect to pay any sort of dime for a "good" movie experience, you are setting yourself up for failure. If you truly want a "good" movie experience, you need a large screen tv and a nice surround sound system. Going to the theatre was NEVER a great experience... EVER. It's mediocre(sp) at best, all the time....

Maybe "deep" was the wrong term for Trainspotting. Trainspotting was a good portal into the life of a heroine addict, and I would like to think that life was portraited fairly spot on.... So it was edgy and an eye opener, and had some good shock to reality value.... You can't say it wasn't a good movie.

#207731 - 20/05/03 06:23 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
I just saw this movie last night. What I wouldn't give to have those 2 hours back. What a crappy sequel. They could have done so much with this movie. What a borefest. [Sleep]

For those who haven't seen it it goes like this....way boring beginning...action...boring dialogue....action....boring dialogue....action...
[Sleep]
It reminded me of the latest Star Wars installments. Some ok action/SFX interspersed with dull, droll, who gives a crap dialogue. Man, they so blew it with this script. [Sleep]

#207732 - 20/05/03 06:21 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
pinoy Offline

Loc: TinleyPark, IL.
Turned on the E channel and they were already talking about matrix 3 coming out in Nov. [Freak]

#207733 - 04/06/03 06:02 AM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
You must be a girl.
[Finger] Girls enjoy action movies, too, thank you very much.

I actually dozed off twice during this movie. There was too much personal story with the one guy (the one who replaced Tank, was it?) -- I don't care that his girlfriend doesn't want him to go.

And I don't care about Morpheus' past lovers and who they're involved with now, either.

Not to mention, why on earth did they spend all that time on the huge fight sequence with the multiplying Agents? After about 45 seconds, I'm yelling, "fly away for Christ's sake! Fly away!" It was pointless and added absolutely nothing to the story.

Huge, huge disappointment.

But I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out! laugh

#207734 - 04/06/03 12:58 PM Re: I saw "Matrix reloaded" Morpheus dies
MOLTAR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Huge, huge disappointment.

But I can't wait for the 3rd one to come out! laugh
so you can waste another (enter local movie price with drink and popcorn here)???

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal