shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Rausch 1/11/20
by Tom
04/12/19 10:10 AM
MA, Toys For Tots Run 12/14/19
by Tom
03/12/19 12:22 PM
Traction Control/Mass Air Flow Sensor
by Gold Rush
21/11/19 05:01 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Zipper114), 388 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207934 - 13/11/03 01:12 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Anonymous
Unregistered


Well, you're painting in really broad strokes. But not living in New York, I have no way to tell....It's a nice place to visit.

EDIT: AHHH OK DAMMIT...sorry, long day, I was confused. Now I feel like an ass.

Yes, I don't believe it's right for anyone to celebrate any religious holiday at schools or post any religious symbols at all.

Top
#207935 - 13/11/03 01:17 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
2001frontier Offline
Member

Registered: 20/12/01
Posts: 4932
Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Hell here it is fine to wear a cross to school, but if you try to were a pentacle you are in deep shit.
_________________________
Redsox1113: F*** Iran, the only thing that ever came out of iran was the iron sheik, and hulk hogan whipped his ass. F'em

Top
#207936 - 13/11/03 01:37 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Hell here it is fine to wear a cross to school, but if you try to were a pentacle you are in deep shit.
I tell ya, one of the most amusing cases I saw was the girl who was sent home for wearing a rosary around her neck. They said it was a gang symbol. She argued it was her faith.

She was full of shit. The rosary is a Catholic symbol, and it is in NO way to be worn as a necklace or jewelry.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#207937 - 13/11/03 01:45 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Sean Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/01
Posts: 2089
Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Hell here it is fine to wear a cross to school, but if you try to were a pentacle you are in deep shit.
It's OK to wear a cross, or a pentacle for that matter, in any public place you want, it's called freedom of speech, and it didn't cost the tax payers anything.

Placing a religious monument in a public building that's paid for by the tax payers of that state, especially without a public vote, is a totally different matter. I'd be curious to know who paid for the monument itself, as well as the cost to install/remove it.
_________________________
Ned Flanders: "Some people say being a cave man is old fashioned, then I guess I'm just a cave man...if they existed....which they didn't."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Top
#207938 - 13/11/03 01:52 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

I tell ya, one of the most amusing cases I saw was the girl who was sent home for wearing a rosary around her neck. They said it was a gang symbol. She argued it was her faith.

She was full of shit. The rosary is a Catholic symbol, and it is in NO way to be worn as a necklace or jewelry.
The culture wars even go beyond religion. The left frowns on any displays of patriotism too. Remember ABC ordering all it's newscasters from wearing US flag pins on their lapels or blouses. (ABC let Peter Jennings had a say in that matter). Many other networks did the same.

How many people have been sued across the country in the last few years for flying the U.S. flag? Many.

You think the Pledge of Allegiance thing was all about "under God" being part of it? No way. Even without that the left will find a way to get that removed from all schools. The oath of citizenship that new U.S. citizens now recite has been changed.

All this stuff is going to intensify and get worse and much further out of hand as time goes on.

Top
#207939 - 13/11/03 01:57 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

I'd be curious to know who paid for the monument itself, as well as the cost to install/remove it.
Judge Moore paid for it with his own funds. He may also get the bill for it's removal I recall reading somewhere.

That's alright though. When he becomes governor he will install it in front of the state capitol building.

And you know damn well the people WILL elect him governor. He had a lot of public support. Still does.

Top
#207940 - 13/11/03 02:17 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
How many people have been sued across the country in the last few years for flying the U.S. flag? Many.
Good God, man! Sometimes you can be downright paranoid!

When has this happened?

Top
#207941 - 13/11/03 02:21 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Sean Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/01
Posts: 2089
Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

That's alright though. When he becomes governor he will install it in front of the state capitol building.

And you know damn well the people WILL elect him governor. He had a lot of public support. Still does.
That's OK with me, I don't live in Alabama. If this whole mess with the 10 commandments monument is the most pressing issue the people of Alabama have on their plates, then they deserve him.

:rolleyes:
_________________________
Ned Flanders: "Some people say being a cave man is old fashioned, then I guess I'm just a cave man...if they existed....which they didn't."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Top
#207942 - 13/11/03 02:53 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
2001frontier Offline
Member

Registered: 20/12/01
Posts: 4932
Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
[b]How many people have been sued across the country in the last few years for flying the U.S. flag? Many.
Good God, man! Sometimes you can be downright paranoid!

When has this happened?[/b]
Hell it happened right here in Flower Mound recently.

Sean, my point was at some schools here you can were a cross, but not a pentacle. That is bullshit. None of the parents want to fight it because they are afraid they will loose their kids over it.
_________________________
Redsox1113: F*** Iran, the only thing that ever came out of iran was the iron sheik, and hulk hogan whipped his ass. F'em

Top
#207943 - 13/11/03 03:16 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
off2cjb Offline
Member

Registered: 23/10/00
Posts: 4557
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
[b]Exactly which religion are you respecting over another? Looks more like they are prohibiting the free exercise thereof. This is so easy, why is there even a debate?
If its public property, be that a courthouse, a school, or any other government owned property that the US Taxpayers pay for, and a Judeo/Christian symbol such as the ten commandments is posted there, then federal government is de facto endorsing one religion over another.

Try this page for some interesting reading.[/b]
Explain to me you anti-Christian, why then did the state of Florida allow that muslim woman to wear her vail when getting her driver's license photo taken? It is clearly against the law in that state to wear a hat or anything covering your head and face, yet because of her religion, the state had to let her keep it on. They made an exception to their law based on religion. Why doesn't this country ever give in to the wants and desires of us Christians? The Ten Commandments will not force anyone to become a Christian.

Top
#207944 - 13/11/03 03:21 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
off2cjb Offline
Member

Registered: 23/10/00
Posts: 4557
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
[b]Exactly which religion are you respecting over another? Looks more like they are prohibiting the free exercise thereof. This is so easy, why is there even a debate?
If its public property, be that a courthouse, a school, or any other government owned property that the US Taxpayers pay for, and a Judeo/Christian symbol such as the ten commandments is posted there, then federal government is de facto endorsing one religion over another.

Try this page for some interesting reading.[/b]
Since when did a state courthouse become a federal institution? The taxpayers in AL pay for that building, and they seemed fine with the monument being there.[/b]
Exactly, the majority of people wanted the monument to stay. But guess what, the Liberals responded the loudest cry and came running to support one group of people over all the others. Just as they always do.

Top
#207945 - 13/11/03 03:34 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Anonymous
Unregistered


Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Explain to me you anti-Christian, why then did the state of Florida allow that muslim woman to wear her vail when getting her driver's license photo taken?
Ahem...they didn't allow her to wear it. Search for yourself. This is the most up to date story I could find.
Lifting the Veil

Top
#207946 - 14/11/03 11:20 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Sean Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/01
Posts: 2089
Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

But guess what, the Liberals responded the loudest cry and came running to support one group of people over all the others. Just as they always do.
And the conservatives don't do the same?
_________________________
Ned Flanders: "Some people say being a cave man is old fashioned, then I guess I'm just a cave man...if they existed....which they didn't."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Top
#207947 - 14/11/03 11:56 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
off2cjb Offline
Member

Registered: 23/10/00
Posts: 4557
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

[b]But guess what, the Liberals responded the loudest cry and came running to support one group of people over all the others. Just as they always do.
And the conservatives don't do the same?[/b]
No we don't. We don't put one group of people over an another. We don't legislate laws that provide special rights to a select group of people.




Top
#207948 - 14/11/03 05:10 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Sean Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/01
Posts: 2089
Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

No we don't. We don't put one group of people over an another. We don't legislate laws that provide special rights to a select group of people.
Of course not, conservatives just want to abolish all laws that attempted to level the playing field for minorities, so we can ultimately live in a secure mostly white controlled nation "Under God".
_________________________
Ned Flanders: "Some people say being a cave man is old fashioned, then I guess I'm just a cave man...if they existed....which they didn't."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Top
#207949 - 14/11/03 08:10 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
off2cjb Offline
Member

Registered: 23/10/00
Posts: 4557
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

[b]No we don't. We don't put one group of people over an another. We don't legislate laws that provide special rights to a select group of people.
Of course not, conservatives just want to abolish all laws that attempted to level the playing field for minorities, so we can ultimately live in a secure mostly white controlled nation "Under God".[/b]
Oh please Sean, get out of the 50's.

Top
#207950 - 14/11/03 08:47 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Update on NYC insanity........

Yes there is a lawsuit regarding the display of Islamic and Jewish symbols in NYC public schools. We will know the outcome within a week or so I believe. The school system for some insane reason does not view the Islamic star & crescent and the Jewish menorah as "religious" symbols. In their insanity they view them as secular. No Christian symbols are allowed. The word Christmas is a problem because it is viewed as a religious holiday (strange because NY schools are closed for all Jewish holidays even though they are not government holidays). Christmas trees are allowed at the discretion of the principal and no ornaments depicting anything Christian or deemed religious may be hung from the trees (this basically means few schools have trees).

In an even further twist of NY City government insanity........ At Police Headquarters in downtown Manhattan they have recently installed a display of the The Koran. It is displayed atop a brass pedestal and enclosed in a glass cube in front of the official police seal near the Hall of Heroes.

Imagine that... in front of the Hall of Heroes. Many of those heroes who have recently been murdered because of Islam. Insanity in this city knows no bounds. Where is the outrage on separation of church and state in this issue.

The NYPD also wonders why people are retiring by the thousands and can't wait to get out. This city sucks and is so leftist it is killing itself.

http://www.newsday.com/mynews/ny-nyreli073529012nov07,0,7911258.story

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35602


Top
#207951 - 15/11/03 06:06 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Sean Offline
Member

Registered: 08/08/01
Posts: 2089
Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

Yes there is a lawsuit regarding the display of Islamic and Jewish symbols in NYC public schools. We will know the outcome within a week or so I believe. The school system for some insane reason does not view the Islamic star & crescent and the Jewish menorah as "religious" symbols. In their insanity they view them as secular. No Christian symbols are allowed. The word Christmas is a problem because it is viewed as a religious holiday (strange because NY schools are closed for all Jewish holidays even though they are not government holidays). Christmas trees are allowed at the discretion of the principal and no ornaments depicting anything Christian or deemed religious may be hung from the trees (this basically means few schools have trees).
Though I totally agree with you about this scenario being a double standard (you already know my thoughts about having ANY religion proported in public areas), but how do you know it's the "Leftist" fault?

I have my own theory on why this is happening and basicly it's that the white Judo/Christian is the minority in NYC, and is simple being out voted on these matters.

Think about, the inhabitants of NYC proper vote, don't they? Somebody had to have voted for the selectmen in NYC. Do you even know the demographics of NYC, or exactly who is insituting these laws?

On a more abstract thought, do you really think a Democrat like Hillary Clinton would have voted in favor of placing the Koran in front of the Hall of Heroes, in so jeopardizing her future run for the White House?
_________________________
Ned Flanders: "Some people say being a cave man is old fashioned, then I guess I'm just a cave man...if they existed....which they didn't."

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Top
#207952 - 15/11/03 01:47 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

Though I totally agree with you about this scenario being a double standard (you already know my thoughts about having ANY religion proported in public areas), but how do you know it's the "Leftist" fault?

I have my own theory on why this is happening and basicly it's that the white Judo/Christian is the minority in NYC, and is simple being out voted on these matters.

Think about, the inhabitants of NYC proper vote, don't they? Somebody had to have voted for the selectmen in NYC. Do you even know the demographics of NYC, or exactly who is insituting these laws?

On a more abstract thought, do you really think a Democrat like Hillary Clinton would have voted in favor of placing the Koran in front of the Hall of Heroes, in so jeopardizing her future run for the White House?
The thing with the religious symbols are not due to any laws. They are due to policies.

NYC is run by extreme leftists. The City Council has become a total sham. All are leftists and most now are anti-white racists. Even the mayor (Bloomberg) is a liberal Democrat who became a Republican just because he knew there was no way he could have won the Democratic primary. All the politicians in NY are Democrat and for the most part extreme liberals with the exception of Staten Island.

I know the demographics of NY very well. The demographic makeup of NY is VFW (Very few whites). Staten Island is over 70% white and that is the only place where you find Republican elected officials.

Hillary had nothing to do with the Koran at Police Headquarters. That was put there by an Islamic Imam who is a chaplain to the department(for PC reasons of course). It was Jewish politicians who caved on that issue. The Police Dept. is primarily Italian then Irish then a mixture of Hispanic and Black. It is mostly Italian and Irish and all its members are very overwhelmingly from various Christian backgrounds.

Hillary doesn't do a damn thing for NY. She stays in Washington all the time building her power base. You think she lives here? She doesn't care about cops or fireman for that matter. She never went to a single one of their funerals after 9/11. Much will be made of that if she ever ran for president. Even our other radical leftist senator, Chuck Schumer found time to go to some of the funerals.

Top
#207953 - 15/11/03 02:55 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
She doesn't care about cops or fireman for that matter. She never went to a single one of their funerals after 9/11. Much will be made of that if she ever ran for president. Even our other radical leftist senator, Chuck Schumer found time to go to some of the funerals.
She attended a few. Almost none...but she did attend them.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#207954 - 16/11/03 05:21 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

She attended a few. Almost none...but she did attend them.
Nice try Moby...... Nope. She didn't attend any firefighter or police funerals.

Top
#207955 - 16/11/03 07:02 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
1. She attended Judge's funeral. Now, YOU may not consider him a firefighter, but I bet 99% of NYC's firefighters DO consider him a firefighter.

2. According to this anti-clinton site, she DID attend three: Rudy v. Hillary

3. According to this anti-clinton site, she attended two: Look under "comments"

Keep in mind - I'm not saying she attended "enough" of them. I'm just saying the statement she attended "none" is incorrect.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#207956 - 16/11/03 08:16 AM Re: Remember this NY school.....
NY Madman Offline
Member
*

Registered: 09/05/02
Posts: 5232
Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

She attended Judge's funeral. Now, YOU may not consider him a firefighter, but I bet 99% of NYC's firefighters DO consider him a firefighter
Fr. Judge was not a firefighter. He was a chaplain. And no...regardless of what you may have heard in the press he was not as universally loved as he was portrayed in the media. I'm sure he was a nice guy, but many fireman did not appreciate an openly gay priest as a department chaplain. Hillary went to his memorial service because it was televised nationally and because he was gay.

I don't care what web log sites you come up with that tell lies.... it is a very widely known fact amongst anyone even remotely associated with any uniformed service in New York City that she never attended a single fireman or cop funeral. That is the truth and her office has consistently lied about this. The press for some reason here didn't touch it. Even the NY Post which is anti-Hillary only made scant references to it in the months after 9/11.

To make matters worse, how about the lies she told Steven Brill when he was writing his book? She lied about meeting many of the civilian families of 9/11 victims and when Steven Brill tried to corroborate her stories with the families for the book, he discovered that she lied. She never met with them and these people said Schumer was the only one who had met them. She only met a few families and they were prepared photo ops with the cameras rolling.

What about the famous lie she told after the towers fell. She claimed Chelsea was jogging that morning by the water near the trade center. That fell apart when Chelsea told Talk magazine in an interview a week later that she was in her apartment that morning about 30 blocks uptown.

If I were you Moby, I would give up trying to defend her. You will get whiplash trying to keep up and defend that bitches lies.

Top
#207957 - 16/11/03 12:54 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
What about the famous lie she told after the towers fell. She claimed Chelsea was jogging that morning by the water near the trade center. That fell apart when Chelsea told Talk magazine in an interview a week later that she was in her apartment that morning about 30 blocks uptown.
Well, I don't know how close those two are, but she might have *thought* Chelsea was down there. I've had many times where I thought I was going to be travelling to one place, told my parents, and then didn't go - but did not talk to my parents until afterwards. If I had told my parents on the 10th of September that I was going to be down at the Trade Center on September 11th and it fell through and I ended up at work 30 miles away - they may have told people I was there when it happened. They wouldn't have known until I told them afterwards.

Curious...when exactly did she say it? That is, did she say it that day? Because I know when the whole thing happened, I got lucky - it only took me about 3 hours to get a hold of my parents...and my co-workers couldn't get through to anyone at all that day.

Now, if she said this 1-2 days later, then yeah, I'd say she would have known better...there is no doubt she would have been in contact with Chelsea within several hours of the attack. I assume Chelsea has some sort of Secret Service unit still on her.

No, I'm not trying to defend her. But it amazes me that anything that comes out of her mouth must be a premeditated lie, according to the conservatives.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
#207958 - 16/11/03 12:57 PM Re: Remember this NY school.....
Mobycat Offline
Member
*****

Registered: 12/09/00
Posts: 8374
Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

She attended Judge's funeral. Now, YOU may not consider him a firefighter, but I bet 99% of NYC's firefighters DO consider him a firefighter
Fr. Judge was not a firefighter. He was a chaplain. And no...regardless of what you may have heard in the press he was not as universally loved as he was portrayed in the media. I'm sure he was a nice guy, but many fireman did not appreciate an openly gay priest as a department chaplain.
So some firefighters would say he wasn't one because he was gay? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

A simple "he was not a firefighter, he was a chaplain" would have sufficed.

Funny thing...last I knew the Catholic Church had no problem with someone in the church (lay or clergy) that was openly gay - AS LONG AS they didn't act on it. If he was celibate, as he required to have been, it doesn't matter.
_________________________
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Top
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >



shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal