2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208049 - 31/10/03 01:27 PM Re: Cali Fires
02sc Offline

Loc: up yours
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
oh, and just to update everyone on this conversation...Though you may disagree with my conclusions ie: that the peoples whose houses are burning down should have seen this coming....None of you have been able to dispute the facts in the case--#1--houses are burning, #2--the cause of the severe damage is an area that is overly dry and filled with tinder, #3--a reasonable person who has observed fact #2 would think twice about building their house in such an area, and #3 the rest of the nation should not have to pay for the fact that facts #2 and #3 were ignored...
#1 Boy you are sure observant...

#2 Yep, the area is dry, and thanks to the bark beetle 30% of the trees have died, making the problem worse.

#3 Since most of the houses were built before the invasion of the bark beetle, and before the ARSONIST set the fire, any reasonable and prudent person would like to live in these aforementioned areas.

I am sure the people that have put their own money up for a reward to catch the arsonist really are ignorant, and only have money because they stole it from another state.

#3.1 If you think YOU are personally going to have to pay because of this, please figure out how much it is going to cost you, and I will personally refund you the cost.

As well if you are Indian (not from India?) as in Native American, go back to living on your reservation, as a sovreign nation and you wont have to pay shit for taxes or insurance. As long as you like to live in a hut, and have no modern conveniences this should be a boon for you.

Some random responses to your jibberish:

I guess California never bought the water? Persuant to your allegations of California "stealing" water from other states.

Though, all Californio's are illegal immigrants too, so they are all criminals - whats another theft huh...

You are just another typical wacko, they even sell stickers so that ignotant idiots like you can figure out what to do...

"If you don't like America, get the fuck out!"
...that is is you can read.

Now quit burning up the nations electrical resources by running you computer and surfing the net. And get to destroying the worlds resources by working for "the man" at Toyota...

...the horror, the horror.

#208050 - 31/10/03 02:04 PM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
After you lost those arguments, you said it didn't matter because that wasn't the original argument. [Freak]
Damn liberals. [Spit]

#208051 - 31/10/03 02:08 PM Re: Cali Fires
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]After you lost those arguments, you said it didn't matter because that wasn't the original argument. [Freak]
Damn liberals. [Spit] [/b]
That usually is your tactic as well come to think of it. laugh

#208052 - 31/10/03 02:16 PM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]
Quote:
[b]After you lost those arguments, you said it didn't matter because that wasn't the original argument. [Freak]
Damn liberals. [Spit] [/b]
That usually is your tactic as well come to think of it. laugh [/b]
Noooo...my tactic is to continue arguing the same point over and over until you give up, and then I WIN!! [Laughing] [Laughing]

#208053 - 31/10/03 02:22 PM Re: Cali Fires
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Ah yes. If you say it enough times it must be true. [Laughing]

Hell, you are reasonable compared to some of the libbies I used to argue with. If you want to see some psychotic leftists check out the political forum on shroomery.org. Nothing like a bunch of fried out conspiricy theorist commies to argue with. Madman needs to go over there for a while. That would be fun to watch.

#208054 - 31/10/03 04:31 PM Re: Cali Fires
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Oh, if there is one thing that I do not want to be misunderstood here is what my political persuasion is.....I am definately not a liberal....I believe in capitalism, free markets, and other "conservative" economic policies and think the government is far too big and we are taxed far too much....none of which has any bearing on the original argument here....just seemed that some of you were inferring that I must be pinko to have the opinions expressed here....

#208055 - 31/10/03 07:39 PM Re: Cali Fires
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
I believe in capitalism, free markets, and other "conservative" economic policies
If this were true, you should have no problem with people building/buying houses where ever they want. As long as someone is willing to spend the money, you shouldn't care where they build....right?

You are just pissed off and jealous of California because no one wants to live in your state.

#208056 - 31/10/03 07:55 PM Re: Cali Fires
spalind Offline

Ummmm...no, just because you believe in capitalism does not mean that you believe that the enviroment should be exploited just because people "want" to do something...

#208057 - 31/10/03 09:06 PM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey spalind!

Go live in a tree, you hippy. I'm sure the fire will listen to your argument.

[Spit]

#208058 - 01/11/03 07:51 AM Re: Cali Fires
02sc Offline

Loc: up yours
Hey Spalind-

What is your malfunction, I have called you out twice, and you don't have a response...I guess rational responses directly to your comments are not what you are looking for.

Sounds like the typical liberal mentality to me!

...Only looking for a "fight", not ever looking for enlightenment.

#208059 - 01/11/03 08:31 AM Re: Cali Fires
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by 02sc:
Hey Spalind-

What is your malfunction, I have called you out twice, and you don't have a response...
He avoids the stuff he can't process or re-spin.

I'm still waiting to hear about the amazing, trans-continental divide water pipelines.

This kerfuffle has fully metastasized now that folks are tripping over themselves to stump the chump.

a

#208060 - 01/11/03 01:50 PM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spalind = Asshole

Asshole = Spalind

Any questions?

#208061 - 02/11/03 12:40 PM Re: Cali Fires
spalind Offline

Just ta let ya know...my company, Toyota, gave 1 million $'s to help with the recovery effort...that that will make me sound any better in your eyes...just wanted to let ya know...

#208062 - 03/11/03 03:55 AM Re: Cali Fires
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Nice try at a back pedal. A bit to late though

#208063 - 03/11/03 06:27 AM Re: Cali Fires
PackRat Offline

Quote:
Just ta let ya know...my company, Toyota, gave 1 million $'s to help with the recovery effort...that that will make me sound any better in your eyes...just wanted to let ya know...
OH MY GOODNESS!

So after all of that you come cringing and mewling back with this pathetic offering.

You should at least try to maintain the courage of your convictions. Go to HQ and tell them how you really feel. Tell them you are not happy to work for a company that maintains beliefs in direct opposition to yours.

#208064 - 03/11/03 06:43 AM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spalind,

If you're going to have a hard core viewpoint, then at least have the temerity and gall to back it up when you've been argued into a corner.

So what if your company has donated money to the cause? What have YOU done, besides spew hatred and bile on a message board?

Before you come around here with a stupid viewpoint, why don't you stop, think, and then [Save the fine unicorns]

#208065 - 03/11/03 09:04 AM Re: Cali Fires
spalind Offline

I have not spewed any hatred towards anyone...I have not said that I hate anyone in particlar or that anyone deserves to have their house burned down...My original point....and I STILL stick to it is that if you build in any disaster prone area that YOU hold some responsibility for any damage done to that home...the rest of you have taken my statement personally and blown it far beyond what I have said...but yes, I am a bit depressed that my company gave away a million $'s....its bound to decrease my Xmas bonus....

#208066 - 03/11/03 09:43 AM Re: Cali Fires
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Like we said what about others. Like me I live in a tornado prone area. California is also an earthquake prone are. Shall I not live where I live or anyone else live where they live due to natural disasters? I think that is where everyone is in thier tussle with you as to how can you predict where a fire/tornado/earthquake/flood/hurricane/big green monster might appear and take my home.

#208067 - 03/11/03 10:01 AM Re: Cali Fires
spalind Offline

OK, I would agree that people should be able to live where they wish...this is America after all...but can at least some of you see a bit of my point that the homeowner must share at least SOME responsibility for the destruction of their home when they chose to build in places that may be more prone to disasters than others??

#208068 - 03/11/03 10:55 AM Re: Cali Fires
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

My original point....and I STILL stick to it is that if you build in any disaster prone area that YOU hold some responsibility for any damage done to that home.
In a sense, the home owner already assumes responsibility for building in a "Disaster Prone" area by paying higher insurance rates (i.e flood/fire/etc.). If one decides to build in a flood zone for instance, the owner must purchasing flood insurance to satisfy that requirement needed for acquiring said lien on the property.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208069 - 03/11/03 04:04 PM Re: Cali Fires
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
OK, I would agree that people should be able to live where they wish...this is America after all...but can at least some of you see a bit of my point that the homeowner must share at least SOME responsibility for the destruction of their home when they chose to build in places that may be more prone to disasters than others??
Does that mean if your home is damaged from the effects of freezing rain or an ice storm (search for "New Hampshire" on this FEMA page) that you should be held partially responsible because you live in an area where there could be ice storms? :rolleyes:

The only time I could see a homeowner being partially responsible for his home's destruction in a wildfire is if that homeowner did not take precautionary measures to clear fuel from around his home or refused/postponed intalling fire-retardant roofing. Witness the case of a single homeowner in the Scripps Ranch community whose home survived while hundreds of his neighbors homes burned to the ground.

One can only be "so prepared" for a natural disaster:
Live in a flood zone? Have flood insurance and/or buy a home on stilts.
Live in tornado alley? Buy a home with a basement and keep your most valued possessions there.
Live where earthquakes are possible? Buy a home whose construction meets earthquake-resistant building codes, secure your furniture and appliances.
Live where wildfires are possible? Trim back those bushes, don't keep fuel near your home, get rid of your shake roof.

Sometimes, though, despite your best preparations, shit happens. You can no more blame the residents for their burned homes than you can a driver being hit head-on by another car. If you want a life with ZERO risk, good luck finding it.

#208070 - 03/11/03 05:11 PM Re: Cali Fires
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
There's always going to be risk, that what the insurance is for. But some people don't buy the insurance and then sue the government expecting them to pay the bill, that's where the problem lies.

I'm not sure if the problem exists with these fires but we had problems like this when a river flooded and most of the people on the flood plain didn't bother to buy flood insureance since it had been a couple decades since the river flooded. So they sued the state saying they weren't adequately informed.

I feel sorry for the people who loose their homes I hope the insurance gets them a nice new house.

For the ones without insurance complaining that the rest of us should give them our tax money to bail them out, they've got nobody but themselves to blame for ignoring warnings.

Xterra101.com

#208071 - 03/11/03 05:46 PM Re: Cali Fires
XPLORx4 Offline

Loc: San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:

I feel sorry for the people who loose their homes I hope the insurance gets them a nice new house.
So, here's a thought.... If you were one of the unfortunate souls to have lost your home, would you take the insurance money and buy a new house somewhere else, or would you rebuild on your old site? I imagine the wait time to get a new house built could be months.... Where would you live in the meantime?

Man, all those poor people in the Scripps Ranch area... that really sucks.

#208072 - 03/11/03 05:54 PM Re: Cali Fires
PackRat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XPLORx4:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kerensky97:

Where would you live in the meantime?

Man, all those poor people in the Scripps Ranch area... that really sucks.
There's about 2,000 people living in an old airplane hanger in San Bernardino.

Not at all a good situation.

But a lot of folks donated a lot of stuff, and people make do. Kids even got to celebrate hallowe'en with donated costumes.

#208073 - 03/11/03 09:22 PM Re: Cali Fires
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
oh, and just to update everyone on this conversation...Though you may disagree with my conclusions ie: that the peoples whose houses are burning down should have seen this coming....None of you have been able to dispute the facts in the case--#1--houses are burning, #2--the cause of the severe damage is an area that is overly dry and filled with tinder, #3--a reasonable person who has observed fact #2 would think twice about building their house in such an area, and #3 the rest of the nation should not have to pay for the fact that facts #2 and #3 were ignored...
While I agree that the houses are burning(duhhh)SoCal may be dry but not overly dry, it does rain plus snow melt etc (where do you think mud comes from??)

As for your "reasonable" person, most of them woulds probably think that you are are freakin'loon for living in an area that virtually every year gets at least on major snowstorm of over a foot and/or an ice storm that knocks out power for days or weeks. its the price you pay for living where you do NO MATTER WHERE YOU LIVE!! As was aptly pointed out every region has its negative weather attributes.

Is your Sierra Club card printed on recycled paper??

Can we move Maine between VT and NH?? I'm ashamed to be this guys neighbor.

[Finger]

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal