shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208205 - 02/05/03 12:16 PM A Democrat converts....
NismoXse02 Offline

Loc: The Woodlands, TX
Quote:
A young teenage girl was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat but her father was a rather staunch Republican.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school.

She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.

He asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time. Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.

Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Mary has done nothing".

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party".
[Spit] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#208206 - 02/05/03 12:20 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
NICE!

#208207 - 02/05/03 12:53 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Looks like Mary is a slut laugh

#208208 - 02/05/03 01:03 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Shit Mary is going to get the job because she has the social skills that make her a complete person. The straight A book worm cannot deal with things that are not taught to her there for her ass is unemployeed laugh bwhahahahah

Always hire the party girl.

#208209 - 02/05/03 01:28 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Shit Mary is going to get the job because she has the social skills that make her a complete person. The straight A book worm cannot deal with things that are not taught to her there for her ass is unemployeed laugh bwhahahahah

Always hire the party girl.
a)I've heard all the excuses now, if you're serious. If not, disregard this because I laughed anyway. If you're serious, are you saying all smart people have no social skills?

b) What job? This has nothing to do about a job. [Uh Oh !]

#208210 - 02/05/03 01:32 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
Trihead Offline

Relax Nismo smile I am not serious. Well you can't base job skills on party skills or on grades. It is obviously proportionate to bra size vs. waist size. OH man the ladies of XOC will be on my ass now.

#208211 - 02/05/03 01:32 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
"Following the rules" gets drunks coming up to me asking me (smugly) why "I" am happier than they with nothing but contempt and bitterness. 40 something, white collar, $$ falling out of his pockets and upset that he isn't happy and some "freakin' pot smokin-lookin'-hippie" has IT ALL FUCKIN FIGURED OUT!! Take your rulebooks and shove 'em up your ASS!

Live life and find a way EVERY DAY to tell yourself you are Happy. That is the fuclkin' answer.

And if you need religion, or a political party or WHATEVER. DO IT. BE FUCKIN HAPPY!! And try not to make others unhappy anlong the way.

Ya' herd meh?

Sheesh

[Smoking]

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#208212 - 02/05/03 01:35 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
NismoXse02 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
Relax Nismo smile I am not serious. Well you can't base job skills on party skills or on grades. It is obviously proportionate to bra size vs. waist size. OH man the ladies of XOC will be on my ass now.
I'm relaxed. laugh Like I said, I laughed anyway. However, I bet there's some that feel like what you said (strange, huh?) so you can disregard what I said and leave it for those people.

#208213 - 02/05/03 01:40 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
Trihead Offline

No worries mate, I took it as you meant it. I am just bored as hell at work wanting to start up some shit. I have a 5 hour bike ride scheduled for tomorrow followed by a short run. Then Sunday I am riding 2 hours and running 12 miles. I am ready to leave this friggen office NOW smile

You are right I am sure there are a lot of people who think that way. It is sad.

Honestly I envy the Hippie that can move at will and get jobs to sustain that way of life. I am stuck in corporate hell trying to stay alive in the shark bowl. As of yet I have not figured a way out. I will I hope.

#208214 - 02/05/03 01:53 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
nolarocks Offline

The idiot who wants to "figure it all out" is the one who called me a friggin hippie. Just more of the old judging a book by its cover at work against him. Maybe someday he can put that shit to rest and stop being so fucking judgemental.

He acts surprised when he finds out that I am not a hippie, who has a JOB (loyally and consistently) and am smart or smarter than his dumb ass. And probably (at least in his eyes) have it all freakin figured out. Fucker.

He won't EVER learn no matter how much someone tries to show him how easy it is. Chill for cryin' out loud!!!!!

What is this? Some kinda "Good Protestant" (or whatever religion, cult, mental illness, fill in the blank) ethic where you have to suffer and follow along and do everything right to prove that you are worthy of happiness?

eek

I'm finished.

Have a GREAT Weekend!

Iaaammmm..... going home.

Buh-bye.

[Wave]

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#208215 - 02/05/03 02:35 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by nolarocks:
What is this? Some kinda "Good Protestant" (or whatever religion, cult, mental illness, fill in the blank) ethic where you have to suffer and follow along and do everything right to prove that you are worthy of happiness?
Yeah...it's called Puritan. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#208216 - 02/05/03 03:04 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
nolarocks Offline

[LOL] Sorry bout that. I was typing before I was thinking.

#208217 - 04/05/03 10:36 PM Re: A Democrat converts....
ned946 Offline

How about this. I've been a medi-cal (welfare) provider for a good portion of my professional life.

There is a lot of truth to the original post from my observations.

I too am a convert.

#208218 - 05/05/03 08:17 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
It goes back to the old saying, anyone in their 20's who isnt a liberal has no heart, anyone in their 30's who isnt a conservative has no brains.

Not to be taken literally of course, I have been a conservative since High School. I have an Uncle who was a Professor at Princeton who is as liberal as it gets. Liberals mean well, from an idealized point of view however. The reason I became so conservative at such a young age was because I grew up with a cop as a step-father, and a nurse as a mother. I saw what they dealt with everyday and it just kinda rubbed off on me. By that I mean responsibilty for ones actions and no free rides.

Rush Limbaugh said it best: "The safety net that our Government provides is a good and noble thing, the problem is that too many people use it as a hammock."

#208219 - 06/05/03 04:38 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
This little story about Mary sounds like something William Bennet would say at one of his $50,000 speeches on family values. Can you say compulsive gambler?

[LOL]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208220 - 06/05/03 06:39 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
off2cjb Offline

You just gotta love these:

#208221 - 06/05/03 06:40 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
As far as William Bennett goes, I don't think that him being a complusive gambler has any effect on the validity of his ideas. I mean geez, the fact that Bill Clinton was a compulsive liar didn't seem to effect his ability to govern. Al Gore's environmental whackiness didn't get in the way of him investing millions in oil companies.

As far as I know, William Bennett never preached against gambling, he seems to be able to afford losing 8 million bucks without going broke... The only thing I have against him is this. After you lost the first, say, one million, wouldn't you start to think that you're a fucking terrible gambler and should cut your losses? 8 million fucking dollars?!? What the hell were you thinking?!? Dumbass!

#208222 - 06/05/03 06:44 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Trihead Offline

That pic is friggen hillaryous bwhahahaha

#208223 - 06/05/03 07:17 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
As far as William Bennett goes, I don't think that him being a complusive gambler has any effect on the validity of his ideas. I mean geez, the fact that Bill Clinton was a compulsive liar didn't seem to effect his ability to govern. Al Gore's environmental whackiness didn't get in the way of him investing millions in oil companies.

As far as I know, William Bennett never preached against gambling, he seems to be able to afford losing 8 million bucks without going broke... The only thing I have against him is this. After you lost the first, say, one million, wouldn't you start to think that you're a fucking terrible gambler and should cut your losses? 8 million fucking dollars?!? What the hell were you thinking?!? Dumbass!
Gotta agree. While I don't agree with most of what he says, I don't see where the gambling has any effect. If it doesn't affect their job, what someone does in private shouldn't matter. (Obviously, if he were having an affair, that would be different - but only because he is always talking about family values and such.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#208224 - 06/05/03 07:20 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
You just gotta love these:

Aside from him using his left hand [Freak] , what's the big deal?

Trent Lott:
1. Never learned where his heart was.
2. Has an itch in his left armpit.
3. Uses his right arm (correct).
4. Just plain dumb.

Hey, 1 out of four ain't bad. laugh

#208225 - 06/05/03 08:24 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
nolarocks Offline

They are ALL liars. Wake up.

I'd also be willing to bet that more dems work than "conservatives". :p

Oh wait.....I guess the "willing to bet" part is probably not the best choice of words. laugh

#208226 - 06/05/03 09:11 AM Re: A Democrat converts....
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Gotta agree. While I don't agree with most of what he says, I don't see where the gambling has any effect. If it doesn't affect their job, what someone does in private shouldn't matter. (Obviously, if he were having an affair, that would be different - but only because he is always talking about family values and such.)[/QB]
Mobycat,

You don't think being a complusive gambler, and racking up 8 million dollars in loses is not an important family issue? How much time do you think Mr. Bennet spent away from his family in Vegas to lose all that money, as well as all the traveling across the country necessary to give his family values speeches (most likely to help pay the debt off)? Doesn't sound like he should be preaching about family values to me. Rack up another republican in the stupid catagory.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal