2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208502 - 03/10/03 03:28 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
I myself was christened in a Catholic church, but the brainwashing never went farther than that.
Just a slight clarification. I don't believe the Catholic Church uses the word Christening. Only Baptism.

Yeah, it's a slight distinction...but still.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#208503 - 03/10/03 05:15 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Just a slight clarification. I don't believe the Catholic Church uses the word Christening. Only Baptism.

Yeah, it's a slight distinction...but still.
That's OK Mobycat, thanks for the correction. I'll be the first to admit I know little about religion itself, and none of my close friends are church goers either. But I do know a little about the history of religion, and how it's been used by people thoughout history to get what they really want.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208504 - 03/10/03 09:36 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:

[b]Thanks FlyerFan, but it isn't like I come to their door and come right out and say get saved. I am not one of those kind. I only discuss my beliefs when I am asked or they become relevant. We are all not Jehovah Witnesses that come to your door throwing Bibles at you. Heck, Falwell doesn't even do that. Sean, you have some issues somewhere regarding religion. By any chance were you Catholic as a little boy?
You are contradicting yourself, yet again. My comment was directed to this quote:

"It is our job to go out among the world and spread the Good News. It is not our job to go out among the world and ram it down your throats. I will talk about with a neighbor for two or three times tops, and if he chooses not to go to church or become a Christian, I never bring the subject up again. We are not changing that man's heart, Jesus is. We are merely to plant a small mustard seed."

You clearly state that YOU bring up the subject first. I don't need an organized cult to tell me that we are all born into sin, or to teach me between good and bad. Like I've posted many times, I have nothing against religion as long as you keep your beliefs to yourself. If you want to talk to me about something, talk to me as yourself, a man, not as a spokesman for "God".

PS

I myself was christened in a Catholic church, but the brainwashing never went farther than that.[/b]
Sean, where in that quote do I state I bring up the subject first? You are not only liberal, but illiterate as well. You certainly got that whole lefty spin thing working for you, don't you? Maybe two days before the California Recall Election, you can come out and say Arnold molested you. Get over yourself Sean, you ain't all that..... :p

#208505 - 04/10/03 06:35 AM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Sean, where in that quote do I state I bring up the subject first?
"I will talk about with a neighbor for two or three times tops, and if he chooses not to go to church or become a Christian, I never bring the subject up again."

Would it help you if I spelled it out in bigger letters? Are you really this dumb, or do you play the stooge for sympathy.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#208506 - 04/10/03 01:43 PM Re: Who Is Lying about US involvement in Iraq?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Sean, where in that quote do I state I bring up the subject first?
"I will talk about with a neighbor for two or three times tops, and if he chooses not to go to church or become a Christian, I never bring the subject up again."

Would it help you if I spelled it out in bigger letters? Are you really this dumb, or do you play the stooge for sympathy.

:rolleyes: [/b]
Yep, you are right...it says it right there that I bring up the subject first. Geez, and to think I missed that. You sure got a good spin by assuming you know what I am talking about.

Page 12 of 12 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal