shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208619 - 01/04/06 10:59 PM Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
After 6 1/2 years our Xterra is gone. We sold our 2003 Rubicon and traded in our 2000 Rubicon Trail Rated Xterra for a 2006 Toyota Pruis.

It was a hard decision with all the outstanding selfless people in Southern California. Working weekends for nearly 7 years it was a hard decision for my family if I should take weekends off and not get paid or spend quality time with quality people.

Xtoolbox\'s hard work got national coverage of GONEMoab. He actually called the editor of FourWheeler Magazine... made a appointment and visted the office to pitch coverage of the first group of Xterra's to do Moab.

You wouldn't believe the amount of work it took for SCCX members to free my X!

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#208620 - 02/04/06 01:58 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

gone.. and completely forgotten!

clever post.

You should be happy. You are the topic of many campfire stories. When "crazy cary" went completely off the deep end. It usually makes for a good laugh.

[Wave]

#208621 - 02/04/06 03:06 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Yeah, everyone in SCCX is really going to miss you, too.

Have a nice life. Hope you find a rubber room that fits ya.

#208622 - 05/04/06 03:08 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Seriously, or 4/1 joke?

#208623 - 05/04/06 04:00 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

gotta be an april fools joke. Nobody is that stupid.

#208624 - 06/04/06 03:16 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

WolfmanX's first post before he erased and changed it:
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Finally!

We can only hope the new owner of your X isn't a jackass like you.

Have a nice life.

Oh and.. you are quite easy to forget, don't flatter yourself.
His current quote.

Quote:
[LOL]

gone.. and completely forgotten!

clever post.

You should be happy. You are the topic of many campfire stories. When "crazy cary" went completely off the deep end. It usually makes for a good laugh.

[Wave]
Obviously not forgotten since this one of your paparazzi pictures you took behind my back from close-up one year ago.

Your paparazzi cohort took other pictures with a long lens from 300-400 yards away. When you did absolute NOTHING but leave me. Only to mock me later on SCCX. Only to brag about who thoughtful you were later that day at CCX\'s roadside memorial.

Xterrah obviously has not forgotten about me. She mocked me in her February 22, 2006 post... 10 months after you took the picture.

The irony is she mocked me on the very same day that she did a silent post for a Fallen Friend.

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Now Chris (CCX) has a buddy to wheel with up there. God bless.
Actions truly speak louder then words.
Mock me a year ago with yours and others regurgitated lies.

You obviously have not forgot how funny it is to mock someone who was pre-running the trip you were going on.

I bought my first 4x4 two years before you were born.

You are half my age but our daughter at age 9 thinks more about other people then you do.

Quote:
Xterrah.. that was perfect!! you are a god! I bow to you!

HAHAHAH
I was stuck for 2 days not 4.
I got stuck in the afternoon not "the middle of the night".
A back-hoe broke a hydraulic line. It was not trying to get me out. It was trying to get 5 SUV's and 2 motorcycles out a MONTH before I was on Soda Lake. I got stuck in the filled in pit he dug.

Your "leader" would later hide in SCCX and blame me for everyone else's damage. He would call the BLM and offer SCCX's help in all the damage I caused. Just more internet boasting. It was actually NPS area. He would have known that if he had bothered to "jump thru hoops" to get the necessary permit for the Mojave Preserve. The three times I lead... we had a permit. How many times has your "leader" had a permit while leading? The same amount that he helped me. Zero.

That is why I said, "You wouldn't believe the amount of work it took for SCCX members to free my X!" The answer to that April Fools Joke is zero work... except for the cowardly pictures you took behind my back.

And you call me a jackass?

You ran like a puppy when Xtoolbox said on the radio, "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep". The person you and others would later brag about honoring on the internet... would never have left.

How was CCX's memorial service in Monterey? Oh, that's right you never went.

Quote:
Giving Toolbox props after you shredded him (not to mention our entire club) time after time on this site. How ironic, Cary.

Have a nice life.
In your first post... you obviously think Xtoolbox was responsible for the things in the pictures. The true irony is he always took credit for the good and hides behind people when he screws up.

This was Xtoolbox driving my X on the Rubicon Trail. I told him to his face to let me post first when we got back. He agreed only to break his promise and post how he conquered the Con. Never once even mentioning me.

The next month he rolled his X because as the "leader" he was doing as he always does... leaving everyone in his dust literally. He then lied to everyone on the internet saying he sold it because it was too small. Lied to my face. Lied to my wife's face.

CALX 2000. I took unpaid time off work to go to Big Sur. That was when I first met CCX. In August 2000.

EVERYONE OF THE 35 PLUS SCCX TRIPS I WENT ON WAS UNPAID TIME OFF WORK.

I have worked weekends since May 1999.

Let me repeat that incase you missed it.

EVERYONE OF THE 35 PLUS SCCX TRIPS I WENT ON WAS UNPAID TIME OFF WORK.

I went up early. I was asked to save campsites for Xtoolbox and others. They gave me their tents to set-up. I pre-ran all the trails that day. The next day I got kicked out of the campgrounds for helping others save campsites. I spent the rest of CALX 2000 living in a campground 11 miles up the mountain, 11 miles away from the beach, 11 miles away from my wife, 4 year old daughter and in-laws and their kids. Law enforcement was called after Xtoolbox got it a altercation with the camp host.

How was CALX in 2005? Oh, thats right it never happened.

How was the 2005 SCCXmas Party? Oh, that right it never happened. I hosted the first three years.

You actually think Xtoolbox was responsible for organizing the Nissan Commercial shot? You actually think he was responsible for negotiations that got everyone $400 instead of $0? You think he was the radio relay between the director and the 30 trucks?

You really are gullible...

You actually think Xtoolbox\'s hard work got national coverage of GONEMoab? You actually think he called the editor of FourWheeler Magazine... made a appointment and visited the office to pitch coverage of the first group of Xterra's to do Moab? You actually think he got the national coverage for how good Xterra's are off road and promoted XOC?

You really are gullible...

Quote:
Yeah, everyone in SCCX is really going to miss you, too.

Have a nice life. Hope you find a rubber room that fits ya.
Yea... I can see you will miss the maturity. Just look at what your newest immature member considers "off-roading".

Two out of the five BOD members have laughed off this immature action and the idiot now is proud of his new signature of The Infamous "Steeple Stepper".

WolfmanX a member of the SCCX BOD had suggested... "I like "Church Crawler", or "cross crawler". You must not eat sugar for 4 days now to make up for your wrong doings! (or what ever it is they do)."

I am considered Public Enemy Number One... but people are afraid "Steeple Stepper" will leave if someone makes him feel bad about his bad immature behavior.

Anyone who complains about SCCX's website being down gets more grief then the Infamous "Steeple Stepper".

I don't need a rubber room. Obviously SCCX is a big enough room for some people with small maturity and large egos. Why do you think Blueleader and others have left the NEW SCCX? You can bounce around in your Hawaii / SCCX room all you want. "Our entire club"? You have not even lived on the same continent as California for a year and a half. I missed 11 months because I worked every Saturday and Sunday and could no longer take off even as I had for YEARS unpaid.

The very first Sunday I can get off, (unpaid) my daughter and I go on the Last Chance Canyon Xcursion. CCCX said at the drive meeting, in the campgrounds, that he wanted me to lead the group. I declined knowing that Xtoolbox had raced ahead to the entrance to the canyon.

I got slammed for "web wheeling" with SCCX and not going on runs. Somehow it is okay for you since you have as much chance as going on runs as I do. I guess you provide a valuable service for SCCX. You moderate the SCCX section on XOC. You protect SCCX's image... our what you consider "shredding". Good Boy.

A BOD member lives near the Atlantic Ocean! Will at least he is on the same continent.

By the way the title, "Gone but not forgotten" was in reference to the OLD SCCX. I was also implying that our Xterra would be missed. I ordered it when our daughter was 2. We got it when she was 3. She is now closer to 10 then 9. WolfmanX was 16. Your so vain you probable thought this post was about something else. But it did prove your love for me and how gullible you are for April Fool's. :p

#208625 - 06/04/06 03:28 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Dudeareyoufuckingkiddingme?

Let it go man.
Seriously.
Let it go.

UNPAID TIME OFF WORK
UNPAID TIME OFF WORK
(unpaid)
YEARS unpaid

Were you doing consultant work for the club? Was there someone who agreed to pay you to be a member of the club and participate in, lead or organize runs?

Is there ANYONE that gets paid by a club to "lead" or attend or even organize club runs in the entire country? I don't understand why taking time of work to go have fun and participate in an activity you love should fall on the backs of anyone but you.

It's your time and your job, if you have to work weekends and take the time off to go drive your truck without getting paid....Who cares? Don'tfuckinggo. I work weekends and I don't go on club runs.

Problem solved.

I will say that that is pretty fucked up using the steps of a church as an RTI ramp though.

#208626 - 07/04/06 02:34 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
I bought my first 4x4 two years before you were born.

You are half my age but our daughter at age 9 thinks more about other people then you do.
Really now? I'm 34, so that makes you, what? 68? Not only have you lost touch with reality, but I see time as well.

Quote:
You have not even lived on the same continent as California for a year and a half.

A BOD member lives near the Atlantic Ocean! Will at least he is on the same continent.
Last I checked, Hawaii was part of the the United States. The United States is part of the North American continent. I bet your 9 year old daughter knows that.

And I retired from the BOD when I moved, even though I still own my place in San Diego and am in LA/SD at least once every other month. But you're out of it in more than one way, so you wouldn't know that.

And as far as the rest of your comments, I think it just reinforces my 'hope you find a rubber room that fits ya' comment.

It couldn't be more true.

Have fun.

#208627 - 07/04/06 01:21 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

#208628 - 07/04/06 02:08 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
I am not a moderator here or anything....but why in God's name is this thread of mud- and shit-slinging being perpetuated....especially here in the General Forum......Probably one of the first forums a potential new member or visitor would come to.

What a ridiculous display of he-said, he-said, she-said, he-said. [Argue]

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#208629 - 07/04/06 02:22 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Drama continues. dident you guys have this huge post here http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18 that got deleted ? why start one here?

#208630 - 07/04/06 02:35 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RedX:
I am not a moderator here or anything....but why in God's name is this thread of mud- and shit-slinging being perpetuated....especially here in the General Forum......Probably one of the first forums a potential new member or visitor would come to.

What a ridiculous display of he-said, he-said, she-said, he-said. [Argue]
It started as a simple April Fool's joke only (4-1-2006 11:59PM).

Then two SCCX members pounce on me.

I am not going to lay down and take it.

Three have been publicly mocking me on another thread. Ten months after they abandoned me on the trail. I will not be mocked by low life scum.

I don't think you would put up with it either.

#208631 - 07/04/06 02:41 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lmhin2004:
The Drama continues. dident you guys have this huge post here http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18 that got deleted ? why start one here?
It was deleted after they lied then locked it with thier lies as the last word.

This thread started as a simple April Fool's joke only (4-1-2006 11:59PM).

Three have been publicly mocking me on another thread. Ten months after all three abandoned me on the trail. I will not be mocked by low life scum.

But in some crazy mixed up world I am the bad guy for protecting myself and pointing out the truth. [Freak]

I don't think you would put up with it either.

#208632 - 07/04/06 03:49 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

lmao you are too funny Cary.

You pretend to be innocent, but you only posted this "april fools joke" to entice an argument, and give an excuse to throw around your frustrations.. what ever they may be.

I find you funny because you speak of this long lost SCCX thing that no longer exists. Yet, here we are, going out once a month, enjoying ourselves in the company of friends, working with Adopt-A-Trail and functioning as any other club. You are the only one that seems to be pissed off for what ever reason.

Relax man, have a cold one on me. Enjoy these pictures of SCCX, doing what we all love to do. Wheel.

Yup, we are the evil empire alright.

#208633 - 07/04/06 06:36 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Sorry about changing the topic, but. Nice pics.

#208634 - 07/04/06 07:03 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
Sorry about changing the topic, but. Nice pics.
So, uhm, how 'bout this weather?

Seriously, I agree with Southernx - nice pics.

At least this got moved to the ALR.

#208635 - 07/04/06 07:45 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Xorand:
Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
[b]Sorry about changing the topic, but. Nice pics.
So, uhm, how 'bout this weather?

Seriously, I agree with Southernx - nice pics.

At least this got moved to the ALR.[/b]
Thanks.

Here are some more horrible unforgivable SCCX activities:

Promoting Destination Xterra

Or fixing culverts

Or blocking off illegal side trails..

Enjoying a view.. oh god the horror!!

Helping fellow offroaders.. I know.. we are horrible! Hleping a JEEP, how could we.

Or maybe taking the fine Nissan cameramen on an Xcursion.

Or enjoying the multi-colored hills of vail lake.. I know, I prolly shouldn't have captured this horrible act.

Enjoy.

#208636 - 07/04/06 08:47 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by lmhin2004:
[b]The Drama continues. dident you guys have this huge post here http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=18 that got deleted ? why start one here?
It was deleted after they lied then locked it with thier lies as the last word.

This thread started as a simple April Fool's joke only (4-1-2006 11:59PM).

Three have been publicly mocking me on another thread. Ten months after all three abandoned me on the trail. I will not be mocked by low life scum.

But in some crazy mixed up world I am the bad guy for protecting myself and pointing out the truth. [Freak]

I don't think you would put up with it either.[/b]
Time to jump in for shits and grins
I would be the BIGGER PERSON and ignore their posts if they were uncalled for and go about my business

#208637 - 08/04/06 11:19 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey! now none of that bigger person stuff, it's just now getting good! wink

Oh yea, and nice pics wink

#208638 - 08/04/06 02:09 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
Hey! now none of that bigger person stuff, it's just now getting good! wink

oh come on, it's fun to bait people in the ALR laugh

#208639 - 08/04/06 08:30 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ChefTyler:
Quote:
Originally posted by XterraAdam:
[b]Hey! now none of that bigger person stuff, it's just now getting good! wink

oh come on, it's fun to bait people in the ALR laugh [/b]
There's really not much left to say, the guy is certifiable. All you have to do is read his myriad of completely obsessive posts. His demeanor is the reason he was eventually kicked out of our club.

He resurfaces once in awhile to stir the pot and illicit a reaction, but honestly, I'm not wasting one more second of my life on him. Sorry, guys!

Cary, you can have the last word. And the last word after that. And when the sour grapes bubble back up in you in another 6 months, you can have the last word then, too.

#208640 - 08/04/06 09:12 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
After 6 1/2 years our Xterra is gone. We sold our 2003 Rubicon and traded in our 2000 Rubicon Trail Rated Xterra for a 2006 Toyota Pruis.
Thank you for the fond memories. smile I hope you enjoy your new clubs. Here's some links to get you going. But you might want to learn to spell Prius correctly before you begin entertaining them with your antics.

Have fun! Bye! [Wave]

http://www.priusonline.com/
http://priuschat.com/
http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef21c65
http://www.topix.net/forum/autos/toyota-prius
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/f62

#208641 - 18/04/06 05:15 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

in case any one wants to read the whole story behind the church picture you can read it here: http://www.sccxterra.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=2865

You know Cary, Honstly, I would love to talk with you offboard, up front, no other people to intervein.. ok my spelling sucks, I know. I want to know what it is you don't like about the club, and what you think could be done to fix it. Seriously, email me, aperion@mapforge.net, I've talked with older members before because you're right, the "old" SCCX is gone, but not forgotten, and I want to know what can be done to improve the club. I'm always open to new Ideas, and I always evaluate them as well.

As for the church picture I do feel the need to step up and speak out on behalf of one of our members. Well in truth I want to clarify what Cary has said, especially being that I was one of the two BOd that "laughed" at it, actually I did say I was appauled...

Whatever, anyways, If you think we handled it poorly, then I would like to know how to better handle it in the future. And no I didn't think kicking him out of the club was a appropriate action. Why? Because in the club he'll know WHY those kinds of activities are frownd upon, and harmfull to the offroad community, which was pointed out to him. If you read the thread you will notice that we did not condone his action. The whole nickname was my idea to give him a hard time, more a badge of shame than a badge of honor. It's humerous now because we've learned and moved on, We've all made stupid mistakes that we later laugh at, this is one of them.

Like I said I feel we handled this appropriately but maybe we could have handled it better. A couple other things,
1) Please don't call our members idiots, yes it was stupid but Davey and Elliot aren't idiots.
2) "People are afraid "Steeple Stepper" will leave if someone makes him feel bad about his bad immature behavior." Since that is refering to me I will clarify, "Tact is the ability of making a point without making an enemy." And when some one needs to be scolded you don't want to scold them so much that they rebel, but not so little they don't learn their lesson. Tact, Cary, Tact.

Thank you, have a nice day.

#208642 - 18/04/06 11:22 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA

Any door dings from Jeep Squeeze?

I don't think a Gen2X could make that obsticle with the 2.5 inch wider stance frown

#208643 - 18/04/06 11:27 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Chris: you're wasting your time trying to rationalize things with Cary. Trust me and others who have been around long enough to know. For the sake of the club, let it go. Cary never will, but at least we can.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal