shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208644 - 19/04/06 08:25 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to take my chances here and jump in for a simple comment.

I dont know the whole story or who is at fault here...but, what I do know is that it was pretty fucked up on the entire club's behalf to leave a fellow offroader behind, its just not cool. Kinda like in the military noone gets left behind dead or alive. At least that is how the club I belong to do it. Just my $0.02

#208645 - 19/04/06 08:44 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by VG33POWER:

I dont know the whole story or who is at fault here...but, what I do know is that it was pretty fucked up on the entire club's behalf to leave a fellow offroader behind, its just not cool. Kinda like in the military noone gets left behind dead or alive. At least that is how the club I belong to do it. Just my $0.02
Seriously dude, you have no idea. The story goes way way waaaaaaay deeper. If you REALLY want to know what went down, give me a call:

951-551-9427

This was drawn out before over like 30 pages of posts. Will be easier to tell you over the phone or in person.

#208646 - 19/04/06 08:47 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:

Any door dings from Jeep Squeeze?

I don't think a Gen2X could make that obsticle with the 2.5 inch wider stance frown
Snoopy,

Nope, never even toutched it. I'm not sure about the Gen2, that would be a really tight spot to be in. I bet going the other direction on that would be way harder. Then again I think it is a one-way only trail simply for that reason. Although the Pinyon Mountain dropoff does have a winch anchor at the top, so I can only assume people ARE going in a reverse direction.

[Wave]

#208647 - 19/04/06 08:55 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:

Thank you, have a nice day.
Chris.. :rolleyes:

Didn't you see the other thread with 8 billion posts in which ALL of this was covered about seven hundred times? Shit SCCX was at the top of google for that thread.

Cary is never going to change his mind about anything. He will always twist and pick apart ANYTHING you write to use against you. Don't give him the ammunition.

#208648 - 19/04/06 09:31 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
And the drama continues.. Wu-Tang, Wu-Tang....

#208649 - 19/04/06 09:58 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Quote:
[b]

Didn't you see the other thread with 8 billion posts in which ALL of this was covered about seven hundred times? Shit SCCX was at the top of google for that thread.

Cary is never going to change his mind about anything. He will always twist and pick apart ANYTHING you write to use against you. Don't give him the ammunition.[/b]
Yeah I remember that post, I think I was the one that posted up about it being #1 on google for SCCX. I also remember alot of name calling on both sides, not a very good way to handle the situation, don't you agree?

Edited to add: Sorry, I wasn't trying to feed the troll, I just wanted to clarify for other people reading what happened with the church picture.

#208650 - 20/04/06 01:32 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:

Bottom line: the guy was offered help, but very pointedly refused it. Please don't add fuel to a fire when you're too new to the club to know better.

#208651 - 20/04/06 01:40 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
[b]
Quote:
[b]

Cary is never going to change his mind about anything. He will always twist and pick apart ANYTHING you write to use against you. Don't give him the ammunition.[/b]
Yeah I remember that post, I think I was the one that posted up about it being #1 on google for SCCX. I also remember alot of name calling on both sides, not a very good way to handle the situation, don't you agree?

Edited to add: Sorry, I wasn't trying to feed the troll, I just wanted to clarify for other people reading what happened with the church picture.[/b]
It's all good Chris, but let's please end this discussion now once and for all. There's absolutely no point to it or good to come from it. Thanks.

#208652 - 20/04/06 08:04 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

krisjon,

Dude RELAX and take your Prozac please...in case you did not read and understand

Quote:

I dont know the whole story or who is at fault here...but...
I wasn't adding fuel to the fire nor do I have anything against anyone here, nor do i want your SCCX issues to arise from the dead, it was a simple comment and that was it...dont overanalyze it and butcher it up and start talking down to me as a naive noob, I may be fairly new here in XOC, but I am not that new to going out wheeling and having fun with friends...so just RELAX, I am not trying to spark nor fuel an old issue. :rolleyes:

#208653 - 20/04/06 09:12 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow...this has been some interesting reading.

I know Xtoolbox - he has joined us on the last couple AZ Runs, the GONE Moab Run I attended, and the commercial shoot. If he rolled his truck and didn't want to talk about it, so what? Did it hurt you? No. He probably didn't want the ridicule he knows he'd get from the vultures on this site. Wheeling up the church steps isn't using the best judgment, but it doesn't look like he hurt anything or did any damage either. Say it's immature and move on.

That said, I don't know anything else about all the SCCX drama, nor do I want to. Having experience keeping the SWANKy crew together, and hosting dozens of large runs including 6 week long AZ runs does give me my own perspective on some of the comments made, though.

On leaving people behind....we've seldom had to do this, but it has happened. If the offer to help was extended and was turned down, WTF is the rest of the group supposed to do? It's challenging leading a group of 15-20 trucks through trails and try to get everyone through in a reasonable amount of time. I've done it, and for those of you who haven't, don't underappreciate the effort. It's like herding cats.

Airing dirty laundry out on these boards serves no purpose but to generate infighting among friends and club members.

LAX, Move on. It seems most of your former club agrees that you should.

#208654 - 20/04/06 09:25 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona

Looks like Brent got here before you.

#208655 - 20/04/06 09:45 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:

Huh? I guess I don't get it. Must be inside XOC humor again [LOL]

#208656 - 20/04/06 10:02 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
[Spit]

#208657 - 20/04/06 10:56 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
krisjon,

Dude RELAX and take your Prozac please...in case you did not read and understand

Quote:

I dont know the whole story or who is at fault here...but...
I wasn't adding fuel to the fire nor do I have anything against anyone here, nor do i want your SCCX issues to arise from the dead, it was a simple comment and that was it...dont overanalyze it and butcher it up and start talking down to me as a naive noob, I may be fairly new here in XOC, but I am not that new to going out wheeling and having fun with friends...so just RELAX, I am not trying to spark nor fuel an old issue. :rolleyes:
Relax and take my prozac? Overanalyze and butcher up what you said? Get a grip yourself.

All I asked was that you not continue conversation on an argument that:

A) is dead

and

B) you don't know enough background on to be legitimately commenting on. Not because in your words you're "a naive noob" - you just haven't been around long enough to know the backstory with the club - that's all.

How you take it is up to you.

You were adding your $.02 where it clearly wasn't needed. End of story.

#208658 - 20/04/06 11:01 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

rolling on the floor chortling

#208659 - 20/04/06 11:20 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Quote:
[b]
rolling on the floor chortling[/b]
Classic. That's a backstory that IS funny.

#208660 - 20/04/06 03:16 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You were adding your $.02 where it clearly wasn't needed
...so do we now need to ask permission to voice one's $0.02 or opinions...geesh, whats next!
WOW...just WOW! [Huh?]

Sorry to voice it, I guess I have to be a veteran like you (883 post) to not be a noob..WOW I am short 550...sorry I will keep my mouth shut from now on... [Spit]

#208661 - 20/04/06 04:02 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, BOTH of you need to take a chill pill. Krisjon the noob comment wasn't needed either, nor are sarcastic comebacks about post count, come on.

Ok, I'm curious about the brent story, care to share?

#208662 - 20/04/06 04:21 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
You were adding your $.02 where it clearly wasn't needed
...so do we now need to ask permission to voice one's $0.02 or opinions...geesh, whats next!
WOW...just WOW! [Huh?]

Sorry to voice it, I guess I have to be a veteran like you (883 post) to not be a noob..WOW I am short 550...sorry I will keep my mouth shut from now on... [Spit]
This is not about who has more posts, who has more wheeling experience and who's a noob. I merely said that you haven't been around club business long enough to contribute to this thread.

The point is the club's been trying to put this issue to rest FOREVER and you come in, admitting you don't know the story and say something that could potentially stir the pot again (i.e., saying essentially how messed up it is that our club purposely left someone on the trail - when we didn't).

Sure, you have a right to free speech, but why bother when you don't know the facts - and the fallout from an uniformed comment like that could hurt OUR club?

If you can give me an intelligent/rational answer to that question, then I'm all ears.

#208663 - 20/04/06 04:25 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
On leaving people behind....we've seldom had to do this, but it has happened. If the offer to help was extended and was turned down, WTF is the rest of the group supposed to do? It's challenging leading a group of 15-20 trucks through trails and try to get everyone through in a reasonable amount of time. I've done it, and for those of you who haven't, don't underappreciate the effort. It's like herding cats.
Some time videos are better than words, is this what you're talking about? Cat Herding
laugh

#208664 - 20/04/06 04:32 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's awsome =D

#208665 - 20/04/06 06:00 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
[LOL]

On the next episode of Springer… eek hope I don’t get a chair thrown my way but…

Perhaps the original poster (LAX) just feel likes he’s been un-appreciated or something. IMO he’s actually a decent fairly normal productive citizen IMO away from this message board.

Maybe his anger and bitterness are displaced but if I could find a way to help him or get over stuff I would so I’ll offer this one last time.

Thanks for productive things you did back then [ThumbsUp] I appreciated them and hoped I told you enough.

Here are some of my favorite tips on life from L.Lipman:

Happiness
Happiness is a choice. We choose to be happy.

Attitude
Attitude is a choice. We choose our reactions.

Courage
Courage is how far you bounce after you hit bottom.

Integrity
Integrity is being honest when nobody is looking.

Commitment
Whatever were your results, were your intentions.

Blame
Blame is really "bla - me." It's not my fault!

Forgiveness
Forgiving others is not for them. It is for you.

Life's Challenges
This, too, shall pass.

Need to be Right
It is more important to be kind than to be right.

Changing People
We cannot change people... only our reactions to them.

To me the whole club thing is about the group dynamic…90% of the time it’s all good and the rest of time you just deal with stuff the best you can like life.

I could care less about individual recognition, credit, etc and would rather see a group of people or others get noticed, having a good time than me as an individual doing so. The pictures I post are a testament to that I hope. To me the good times are much better shared and some of the best times I’ve had are with different groups doing whatever, I enjoy team work and seeing people united for common interests & good times.

Case in point, since it’s been referred to please re-read my 03’ Rubicon Tested post and notice how I mention, thank the group, and even state that “LAX did a great job of driving the 'Con in his X”, that's LAX's solar yellow so he deserves the spot line & XOTW IMO.
http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=001214#000000

Anyway, I’m not going rehash the other 1-6 year old stuff mentioned other than to tell LAX to read D.Casiber’s book bottom page 33 & top 34 to see where I was coming from.

I don’t need to be right and I apologize if I wasn’t kind enough or did enough in the past.

Irish toast:

Here's to you as good as you are,
Here's to me as bad as I am,
As good as you are,
And as bad as I am,
I'm as good as you are,
As bad as I am.

#208666 - 20/04/06 09:41 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
have i mentioned i love this shit?

seriously brian... Who stirred more shit and was a bigger pain in SCCX's collective ass, Me or Cary.

As I have stated before,

Cary let it go, I understand your frustration when it seems like you are the only person who knows what is right. But sometimes, its better to just walk away and accept that if you are right, then they must like being wrong...
and NOTHING you ever say will change that...

Then again there is the othe rline of thought... if your the only one who thinks you are right... then you must be wrong smile

#208667 - 21/04/06 08:52 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
have i mentioned i love this shit?
smile
I agree. I get my coffee in the morning, and open up XOC to see what juicy stuff is going on now.

The bottom line is simple for me. No matter what sombody posts on the "oh no" internet, I'll still be enjoying life wheeling with friends. Friendships created simply because of a similar interest in a vehicle and the strive to push that vehicle to its limits. I don't care what so and so says I did, and if it wasn't so damn entertaining, I probobly wouldn't even respond.

I feel bad for Cary because it seems as though he is holding so much anger and frustration, that he spends his days trolling the boards looking for some new thing to be angry about, or some new way to attack Brian. Get out man, go do what at least I think you used to enjoy. Life is too short to spend your days pissed at somone. Stress kills. [Too much XOC]

Cheers! [drink]

#208668 - 22/04/06 10:46 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

this thread sure has died down... of course maybe it's the silence before the storm, or maybe I should stir the pot a little J/K though it may [Too much XOC] be a little humerous I know it wouldn't be a wise thing to do smile

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal