shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208869 - 26/06/06 09:19 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Let me get this straight... SCCX is a "club," right? Where folks can gather to share stories, have a beer or two, and meet for some offroad fun? Right? Fun?

and yet... there was a "silent power struggle?"

There's your problem, right there.

You guys have dues, by-laws, minutes, a treasurer, all that?

May sound like fun to some, I just don't get it.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#208870 - 26/06/06 09:29 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a question... And seeing as how I was probably as close to this event as shamalamadingdong, I've got a couple arm-chair questions as well.

1) How many times did you pull out the pull-pal again? 3 times?? Isn't the definition of insanity when you do the same thing over and over expecting different results??

2) You had a spare tire and a shovel, right?

3) If answer 2 is "yes", then during the 2 days time, did it ever occur to you to dig a big fucking hole, hook up the winch line to the tire, drop the tire in, and backfill it? It's called a dead-man anchor... In two days time, you could've dug down to freaking bedrock and anchored in there for cripes sake...

I'm completely understanding of getting stuck; sticky mud like that'll swallow you up in a heartbeat. Us East-coasters understand that completely. It's the whole "taking 2 days" to get unstuck that I just can not possibly understand. I know it only rains a couple times a year out there, but damn!

#208871 - 26/06/06 10:52 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
wow this is some interesting shit.. seriously thou.. Can't we all just get along... [Laughing]
Shesh you laid back hawaians, we're close to LA of course we can't get along smile

#208872 - 26/06/06 10:52 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
ATFrontier Offline

Loc: Loganville,Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Let me get this straight... SCCX is a "club," right? Where folks can gather to share stories, have a beer or two, and meet for some offroad fun? Right? Fun?

And you have a good point. Our club, SXFC, has the dues, officers, bylaws etc... and you sometimes wonder what happened to your group of friends that just liked to get together for fun. I know one of our big reasons for the organization was a member wrecking, getting sued etc.... Plus dues allowed us to have a very good board and webhost. Theres good and bad with it but I see your point. It should just be friends getting together with friends.

#208873 - 26/06/06 06:34 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
In two days time, you could've dug down to freaking bedrock and anchored in there for cripes sake...
not likely on soda lake.

i would suspect you could bring ina back hoe and in two days not even get close to bedrock... when there is mud there it is not measured in inches... but feet... Cary got lucky... very lucky

#208874 - 27/06/06 02:00 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
[b]In two days time, you could've dug down to freaking bedrock and anchored in there for cripes sake...
not likely on soda lake.

i would suspect you could bring ina back hoe and in two days not even get close to bedrock... when there is mud there it is not measured in inches... but feet... Cary got lucky... very lucky[/b]
Yeah, it's similar to the dry lakebed next to Calico with the artesian well in the middle. That's some goop. Ironic there's that kind of mud in the middle of the desert.

#208875 - 27/06/06 06:31 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]In two days time, you could've dug down to freaking bedrock and anchored in there for cripes sake...
not likely on soda lake.

i would suspect you could bring ina back hoe and in two days not even get close to bedrock... when there is mud there it is not measured in inches... but feet... Cary got lucky... very lucky[/b]
Yeah, it's similar to the dry lakebed next to Calico with the artesian well in the middle. That's some goop. Ironic there's that kind of mud in the middle of the desert.[/b]
Then by all means, let's attempt to cross it in an Xterra! :rolleyes:

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#208876 - 27/06/06 07:37 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Cary got lucky... very lucky
Yeah.. right up until he refused help from us. [Freak]

#208877 - 27/06/06 09:02 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
In two days time, you could've dug down to freaking bedrock and anchored in there for cripes sake...
not likely on soda lake.

Yeah, it's similar to the dry lakebed next to Calico with the artesian well in the middle. That's some goop. Ironic there's that kind of mud in the middle of the desert.[/b]
Then by all means, let's attempt to cross it in an Xterra! :rolleyes:
well right... which is why guide books only suggest it being passable two months out of the year... the planned run was not during one of the suggested times.

this was Cary's reasoning for needing to prerun... as i recall.

#208878 - 27/06/06 09:33 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This is exactly the reason SWANKy remains unincorporated here in Arizona. No politics, no problems. We've all been wheeling together for years and we get newbs joining us all the time.

#208879 - 29/06/06 10:46 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
And you call me a jackass?

You ran like a puppy when Xtoolbox said on the radio, "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep". The person you and others would later brag about honoring on the internet... would never have left.

#208880 - 03/07/06 02:39 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
krisjon Offline

Loc: San Diego (formerly Oahu, Hawa...
Could this thread actually be dying?

Come on, Cary (LAXterra) we know you're good for at least a few more pages..... [Wave]

#208881 - 03/07/06 12:12 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think there are a couple of movies that this situation could be likend to... Involved some sort of psycho that got dumped by his girlfriend and he went off the deepend with the stalking and not letting go. Although I think even they give up after a couple of months. I can see that this event mentally scarred a couple of people and they might need some professional help with "letting go" That is kind of a half joke there, but seriously, that guy might need to get professional help with this. This event has seems to have consumed him, rational thought giving way to a hateful, spiteful, huge chip on the shoulder mentality. I think its in his best interest for all of those involved to just let it die. God forbid he snaps and does something drastic. Take a vacation Cary, a long one, for mental health reasons. I dont know you at all or the situation, but you are showing yourself more and more as an unstable mind ticking towards a bad ending. Take a break from the intarweb and just enjoy your life. You were fine before the Xterra club and you can be fine after it. Dont let this event give the members on here such a skewd view of who you are. Cut the loses, be thankful for what you have, and let this die.

#208882 - 07/07/06 08:19 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
It's quite obvious what's going on here.

If you look at the first photo, it is quite obvious that it is a book depository:

Or is it?

This series of pictures shows what we all can agree is a grassy knoll the day of the shooting.

This is the same grassy knoll as it looks today.

Now looking at this overview one thing becomes quite clear to everyone:

Brian was the lone gunman in the Kennedy assasination.
And he was illegally parked and trespassing.

#208883 - 07/07/06 10:06 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=010215

made me think of this thread smile

#208884 - 07/07/06 02:02 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#208885 - 07/07/06 02:07 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Crybaby]
you really come across as a whiny bitch. will you please stop posting, and leave the SCCX out of your life? it'll make everyone (including yourself I'm sure) much more happy.
smile

#208886 - 07/07/06 02:14 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Cary, the clear difference is that you were no longeer part of the club.

Now ,I'm sure you can read and you seem to be in posession of great skills of noticing details. Why is it that you choose not to address my questions?

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
[b]I pointed out that Xtoolbox was going to NOT pre-run this same trip in 2004. I had lead and pre-ran it in 2001, 2002 & 2003. I offered to pre-run. No one stepped up. I made the mistake of asking him if he had gotten the required Mojave National Preserve Permit.
So what you are saying is that you were under the impression that you were prerunning for a run for a club that you were no longer a member of? Is that right?

Let's try this again:

Quote:
Cary,

You have said in numerous threads that I've read here and at SCCX that you were prerunning for the SCCX run. So you are saying that that's no longer the case and you were just kidding? As your relationship with SCCX severed you still seemed to be in some attempt to hold on to some thread of participation with a club that no longer wanted you. You are saying now that their happening by you was a pure coincidence?

You keep chanting the almighty "never leave a man behind" rule that should trump everything and you seem to be using that as your hole card.

But the reality is that your relationship with SCCX and the guys that later found you out in the desert was severely severed and it doesn't sound like these guys really wanted to do much more than was already being done to help you based on the state of your current relationship.

And please...........

Please?

Please?

Will you please say that it was your fuckup that you got stuck?
So again... Let's focus:

Why were you prerunning? Were you under the impression that A) you were still a member of SCCX? and B) prerunning a run for them?

Are you respoonsible for the situation that you created with your relationship with SCCX?

Are you responsible for getting yourself stuck?

Do you feel that the anomosity you created with SCCXC and the members of SCCX led to them being less than interested in providing you anything but compulsory assistance?

Now concentrate.[/b]

#208887 - 07/07/06 02:17 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
will you please stop posting, and leave the SCCX out of your life?

"But I'm not dead yet."

[Too much XOC] [LOL]

#208888 - 07/07/06 03:03 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like Cary found his stick again...

Wait, Cary, I think I see her breathing!

Hit her with another dissertation! This time, put some research on it!

Damn! That's gotta hurt! You da man Cary! You da MAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!

#208889 - 07/07/06 03:04 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Cary, this one is for you Douche!

#208890 - 07/07/06 03:08 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn, that chick's got some manly arms! [Too much XOC]

#208891 - 07/07/06 03:35 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
[Finger]

You are just jealous 'cause I have hair, and you are bald.

nyah! [LOL]

#208892 - 07/07/06 03:41 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, well I may be bald, but at least I'm fat.

Hey wait a minute...

#208893 - 07/07/06 09:00 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Look at her finger nails. I think she's a lesbian. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal