shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#208819 - 23/06/06 08:34 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrah:
Thanks Chris for the kind words. It means a lot to me to still be considered part of the SCCX family even though I haven't been able to participate for a while. I'm looking forward to getting all this medical nonsense behind me so that I can get back to the Xcursions and friendships that I enjoy so much. smile
Marshann:

The club misses you - and your food! Get well soon, oh jedi master of Costco. laugh
Oh, I take it Marshann is a good cook? Dangit, you definately have to come along after that! errr I mean definately for freinds, yeah friends, not stomach... laugh

#208820 - 23/06/06 10:29 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Quote:
Originally posted by krisjon:
[b]
Quote:
Thanks Chris for the kind words. It means a lot to me to still be considered part of the SCCX family even though I haven't been able to participate for a while. I'm looking forward to getting all this medical nonsense behind me so that I can get back to the Xcursions and friendships that I enjoy so much. smile
Marshann:

The club misses you - and your food! Get well soon, oh jedi master of Costco. laugh
Oh, I take it Marshann is a good cook? Dangit, you definately have to come along after that! errr I mean definately for freinds, yeah friends, not stomach... laugh [/b]
Well, no. But she is real good friends with KFC [Wave] laugh

#208821 - 23/06/06 11:06 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
Well, no. But she is real good friends with KFC [Wave] laugh
I don't claim to be a good cheff but my mom has a killer merinade and I'm gonna bring some steak marinaded with the sauce. ohh man I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!!

#208822 - 23/06/06 11:28 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Loc: West Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
It was never my intent to belittle you, or whatever it is you perceive my motive was. To me it was just a picture of a stuck Xterra. I personally still don't get the joke.

Marshann
The words "two faced", liar, SCCXcuses and buffet table comes to mind when ever your name comes up.

Quote:
Source for above: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=002316
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Xterrah.. that was perfect!! you are a god! I bow to you!

HAHAHAH [LOL]
laugh [/b]
You think it is funny to mock me. Don't use the "I was misunderstood" excuse. Your " laugh " said it all.

Arthur Schopenhauer, Philosopher, 1788-1860

#208823 - 23/06/06 11:30 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
A little sour grapes Cary cuz you got caught by us stuck out on Soda Lake. You were not even with our group, we just ran across you when we got out there.

Your violations: (1) never go out alone; (2) always tell someone where you are going (preferably someone who has the ability to come get you); (3) don't go out in the middle of the night to an unpredictable area.

The recovery truck you hired and a backhoe were already out there trying to extract you. And even they were unable to get you out until much later in the day. Nothing we could do. :rolleyes: Before we left the area we called your home and your wife said the recovery trucks were eventually able to get you out.

Unfortunately, the recovery vehicle busted a hydraulic line leaking oil and causing a section of the trail to be damaged in a very sensitive area; possibly irreversible forever. You can see the oil around your tires in the pictures below. Some vehicles had to try to get past you and made tracks off route, which goes against the special wilderness designation of the area. The entire situation was a real disgrace. frown Maybe you should have left this one in YOUR closet of skeletons.
Lets go thru your excuses and out right lies.

Quote:
You were not even with our group, we just ran across you when we got out there.
The funny thing was I was not even with 2 Jeeps who "just ran across" me. Without hesitation they tried to help. "You were not even with our group" was the line that inspired my wife to come up with the term SCCXcuses.

Quote:
Your violations: (1) never go out alone;
Hey you got one right. Never do the pre-running for someone who refuses to... even thou it is clearly in the SCCX By-Laws(official title but name changed to "Guidelines" if it is incovient to obey). What will be your thanks... being kicked in the teeth.

Quote:
(2) always tell someone where you are going (preferably someone who has the ability to come get you);
Wife knew were I was. Friend who had access to a Land Cruiser knew were I was. Work knew were I was Friday morning when my wife e-mailed them telling them she had not heard from me and they should find a replacement to fill my shift. Work was thinking of launching the helicopter to look for me. My wife was contacted in time to contact work and let them know I had been located. If the recovery crew didn't get me out a group of 30 Rubicon's(on a run that day up and down the Calico area) 90 minutes away would have been informed were I was.

Quote:
(3) don't go out in the middle of the night to an unpredictable area.
The afternoon IS NOT the middle of the night! The middle of the night is when WolfmanX called my wife to see if I got out!

Quote:
The recovery truck you hired and a backhoe were already out there trying to extract you. And even they were unable to get you out until much later in the day. Nothing we could do. :rolleyes:
What can I say... you take tele-photo pictures from 300 yards away. Do you see a back-hoe in any of your pictures. Do you see a back-hoe in any of the pictures WolfmanX took behind my back! That is the extent that you will LIE!

The back-hoe you are talking about was out on Soda Lake 3 weeks earlier! How did I get out? When did I get out?

Quote:
Before we left the area we called your home and your wife said the recovery trucks were eventually able to get you out.
Xterrah... so if I was still stuck... what would you have done? The same thing you did when you were 300 yards away...

Quote:
Unfortunately, the recovery vehicle busted a hydraulic line leaking oil and causing a section of the trail to be damaged in a very sensitive area; possibly irreversible forever. You can see the oil around your tires in the pictures below.
The back-hoe was out on Soda Lake 3 weeks earlier! It was attempting to rescue German Tourist in 5 SUV's and 2 motorcycles. The pile of dried mud and the area I got stuck in was a loose mud pit caused by the back-hoe trying to dig it's self out. It did bust a hydraulic line. I found a empty 5 gallon bucket of hydraulic oil with all the trash left behind. I could have hired the back-hoe operator for literally half the price of the guy with the 1970 Ford pickup. I did not hire the back-hoe guy because of the principal of the matter. I hired the Ford guy... we hauled out all the trash after I got unstuck.

Quote:
Some vehicles had to try to get past you and made tracks off route, which goes against the special wilderness designation of the area.
The tracks around me were the same tracks that were there before I got stuck. When I got out the tracks around me were the same. Tracks and holes caused by among other things a low impact(wide-track) bulldozer that sank trying to rescue a UNLV professor's Dodge Durango.

Quote:
The entire situation was a real disgrace. Maybe you should have left this one in YOUR closet of skeletons.
The only disgrace was that you had "to go. We have a schedule to keep". CCX would never have left period! He never would have left so he would have more time for a buffet table!

Quote:
After the Soda Lake surprise the rest of journey was vintage Mojave Rd. laugh Stopped for lunch at the edge of the lava flow, buffet table was nice as always.
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Ritchey:
Oh, I take it Marshann is a good cook? Dangit, you definately have to come along after that! errr I mean definately for freinds, yeah friends, not stomach... laugh
Chris... that is one of the things that really bothers me!

It would have taken less then 5 minutes to hook the 2 "Scout" vehicles to the Ford Pick-up. I would have then had a solid anchor and gotten out. Instead the group hung out long enough to watch me pull the Ford over 4x4 lumber.

Instead the group hung out long enough to take pictures literally of my back. "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep"

Yes... a schedule with Xterrah(Marshann's) buffet table.

<Edited to fix stray qoute(s)>

#208824 - 23/06/06 11:40 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by LAXterra:
Quote:
[b]It was never my intent to belittle you, or whatever it is you perceive my motive was. To me it was just a picture of a stuck Xterra. I personally still don't get the joke.

Marshann
The words "two faced", liar, SCCXcuses and buffet table comes to mind when ever your name comes up.

Quote:
Source for above: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=002316
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Xterrah.. that was perfect!! you are a god! I bow to you!

HAHAHAH [LOL]
laugh [/b]
You think it is funny to mock me. Don't use the "I was misunderstood" excuse. Your " laugh " said it all.[/b]
You gotta admit that picture is funny as hell. I used it as my desktop for a couple of months... [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
edited to add: and that was way before all this melodrama that is the XOC ALR room... Someone should shoot this over to Fox or UPN to pick up as a soap opera.

#208825 - 23/06/06 11:45 AM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cary...you refused their help.

Why did you refuse their help?

#208826 - 23/06/06 12:07 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
amen.

but to play devils advocate here...

look at the photos cary just posted... there is no way in hell he was solely responsible for that mess... looks like an army of trucks tore into Soda lake before it was dry for the season... i would bet it happens every year.

#208827 - 23/06/06 12:19 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I presume that happened in trying to free him...

#208828 - 23/06/06 12:25 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
a) I did lay low for 6 month after realizing either people don't care about the truth or they are could careless about anyone other then themselves.
You were right about people, Cary...they don't care about the truth. What's the truth, anyway? In this case, I've heard two sides to this story--yours, and theirs. Which one is true? More importantly, why would I give a shit? Why would anyone? It was your stuck. Your stuck is your problem. I've spent enough time in the desert to learn never to underestimate that she is capable of the most severe beauty and cruelty. I love her, but I don't turn my back on her. Not for one second. Anyone who does is a fool. You were lucky that embarassment and a little lost cash were your only injuries. If I were you, I'd be a little more careful next time.

Quote:
b) I would considering rolling a bigger goof.
As would I...well, in some cases. A roll is as a result of driver error, whether a chronic error or a momentary error, and the consequences of a roll are much worse, but you can't do much to prepare for a roll. What you did was folly piled upon folly. I've seen good drivers roll. I've never seen a smart expedition driver get into the kind of ass-backwards situation that you managed.

Quote:
c) I don't know about you but I don't go thru life being a door mat for everyone to wipe their feet on. :rolleyes:
I don't know about you, but I'm willing to admit my folly. I'm willing to laugh at my folly. I'm also willing to laugh right along with everyone else at my folly. If you can't do the same, then try not being such a fucking clown. Door mat? Pffft! Your hubris covered you in mud, not SCCX's boots!

Quote:
d) Armageddon... isn't that the projected date that SCCX will not bend or out right break rules/laws with double speak (SCCXcuses).
Only excuses seem to be coming from you, amigo. You didn't prepare. You didn't plan. You fucked up. You refused help. You made your bed. You lie in it.

Pun intended.

#208829 - 23/06/06 12:57 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
amen.

but to play devils advocate here...

look at the photos cary just posted... there is no way in hell he was solely responsible for that mess... looks like an army of trucks tore into Soda lake before it was dry for the season... i would bet it happens every year.
I agree, unless that white film (salt maybe?) grows over night there is no way that pile in the picture could have formed over night. plus the larger ditches have a smooth layer over the middle, indication water filled them. at least thats how I see. Although I am curious about how Cary got stuck in the middle of a flat plain, at least it looks flat. But what ever, truth is, Cary broke a cardinal rule of offroading don't go out alone! And the funny thing is that if the group had never been notified of Cary being where he was none of this would be happening. that is unless some one wanted to make a claim the group was negligent for not knowing Cary was there. So Undeniable fact: Cary went off road alone

hey I like this, the irony is it's from one of our own.
Quote:
xterra101.com
If you do get stuck you don’t want to rely on Search and Rescue to be your only way out. After a few trail runs they’ll be hating you because you'll get stuck a lot; you should have a way to get out on your own. The best method of getting unstuck is to have a buddy to pull you out, offroading on your own can be very dangerous. A very important rule is to never go 4-wheeling alone, however it's the most broken rule there is. I know it's tempting to go 4-wheeling on your own, I do it alot too; but take somebody with you if you're venturing somewhere unknown, and be more willing to turn back if things get a little tougher than you expected. If you're alone and you roll and break your legs Emergency Services is your only chance for help.

#208830 - 23/06/06 01:08 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:

Sometimes you're the guy laughing at the guy getting whipped in the balls with his own belt by the crackhead stripper, and sometimes you're the guy getting his balls whipped with his own belt by the crackhead stripper.
sounds like my bachelor party.

#208831 - 23/06/06 01:12 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Cary, you keep calling this a "pre-run."

I'm assuming that by this you are referring to the fact that you were pre-running the trail for some other excursion by someone.

But what I'm confused about is that at the time of this incident, you were already out of SCCX and other people from SCCX "happened" to be out there at the exact same time you were.

So riddle me why and how you happened to be out "pre-running" for a run that you were not invited to be on, and "happened" to be out in an area where a group of people from a club to which you no longer belonged also "happened" to be?

I mean let's look at this rationally:

You were out of SCCX.
You had burned your bridges with SCCX and completely alienated yourself from the group
You were basically stalking these guys out in the desert.
They had grown tired of dealing with whatever situation you had created with them and they we not going to go out of their way to do anything for you.

Is there something else that I'm missing here?

#208832 - 23/06/06 02:24 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Cary...you refused their help.

Why did you refuse their help?
I did not refuse recovery help!

Just like Marshann's tale of what happened... it more then just a little bit WRONG!

Xtoolbox refused to stay. WolfmanX wanted to get BEHIND me and connect trucks. Conditions were worse behind me. What was I going to do... winch myself in deeper? [Freak]

Xtoolbox from 300 yards away was saying I would drag the groups vehicles in with me. "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep".

Xtoolbox kept saying that... he said he was going to leave. I started get apologizes and offer of food and water. I told them I didn't need food or water. I had plenty. I had 5 gallons left of the 7 gallons I had brought with me on Thursday. The Ford guys had about 3 or 4 gallons they had brought with themselves.

I got offers of a ride out. This offer was the strangest of them all. [Freak] What was I going to do? Leave the guys I had hired in the Ford. The guys I was supervising to get me out? Maybe get a ride so I could met up with the man(Xtoolbox) who had LAUGHED HIS ASS OFF ON THE RADIO AT MY SITUATION!!! What... maybe "hug it out" with him?

They radioed to Xtoolbox that they wanted to stay and help. Xtoolbox radioed back, "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep". Ya... a schedule with a buffet table. [Freak]

I started getting more apologize. I started getting reasons they could not stay. "I have never been out here before and I don't know my way out."

Xtoolbox radioed "We got to go. We have a schedule to keep".

He then started to leave. Xtoolbox started to leave them! They(the group with me) said they had to go. Xtoolbox was leaving them!

I told them, "Go ahead. But remember this... some day Brian will leave you"

I thought that would have been a wake-up call to them. It was not.

I thought if they could put themselves in my shoes for a second they would get what took me years to figure out... what Xtoolbox was all about. HIMSELF!!! I thought they would stand up to Xtoolbox. Evidently NO ONE CAN!

It turned into what was needed to clear their conscience. I was shocked but could live with it. The person responsible for leaving me was the person who was the "leader". The person that was leaving them. Xtoolbox.

CCX would never have left. CCX would have stood up to Xtoolbox! Chris had a great amount of common sense.

I could have lead them out. Were do you think Xtoolbox got the GPS coordinates from? He got them when I first lead the 3 day Arizona to I-15 trip in 2001. I got them when my wife, as copilot, read off detailed directions and I followed them. He marked the way points along the way in his GPS. How do you think bought for him Mojave Road Guide- An Adventure Through Time by Dennis G. Casebier in 2001? Who do you think has visited Casebier at his home? Who do you think belongs to the Friends of the Mojave Road and the MOJAVE DESERT HERITAGE & CULTURAL ASSOCIATION?

Xcuses are made for everything Xtoolbox does. Laws, Rules, By-Laws, Permits and etc. are ignored. I point out violations... I am vilified an pounded on. It's the new fun SCCX/XOC game. Get the popcorn. Krisjon even went as far a comparing me to Charlie Manson. Kind of odd when you think about it. Charlie Manson was the head of a group that did whatever HE told them to do... [Freak]

#208833 - 23/06/06 02:26 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The afternoon IS NOT the middle of the night! The middle of the night is when WolfmanX called my wife to see if I got out!
Actually, you told me and several others that you were on the lake at night. You said that you mistaked a pile of mud for the rock pile, and tried to go around it.

Picture which supports that explanation:

Quote:
I'm assuming that by this you are referring to the fact that you were pre-running the trail for some other excursion by someone.
Well Cary's story changed a few times. First he said that he was out pre-running for us. Then he said he was simply there to pre-run for his Rubicon club. Now it is back to pre-running for SCCX. Who knows what is really true?

Quote:
If the recovery crew didn't get me out a group of 30 Rubicon's(on a run that day up and down the Calico area) 90 minutes away would have been informed were I was.
Actually I forgot to mention this, but a group of Jeeps from a magazine were running the Mojave road, and we stopped them to notify them of the Soda Lake conditions, and Brian asked them to check on Cary's status. They said if he wasn't out when they got there, they would get him out for sure.

#208834 - 23/06/06 02:40 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He then started to leave. Xtoolbox started to leave them!
This is true, I will verify this statement. Cary you know how I felt about all of it.

My X was in the shop after a major accident, so I was simply a passenger during all of this.

Trust me Cary, if I had my X, I would have stayed despite the fact that you told us to leave. You say now that you told us to leave, but only meant it sarcastically. That may be, but the four of us obviously thought you were serious. However, no matter what somone has done in the past, they should not be left on the trail. If it was up to me, things would have been done differently.

Word of advice. Next time you are stuck in the middle of a dry lake, don't tell the people who offer you help to leave!

#208835 - 23/06/06 03:05 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are half way there ladies and gentlemen 15 pages!
wooohoooo smile
Let's make it an even 30 pages. Go go go go go

#208836 - 23/06/06 03:14 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Why stop at 30? I wanna see triple digits.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#208837 - 23/06/06 03:14 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard your rants Cary, and I can't help but indulge the little voice in the back of my head that keeps asking "Where's Cary's responsibility in all this?" I've heard you blameshift for months...or is it years? Cary, where's YOUR RESPONSIBILITY?

Like I said, I've seen good drivers roll. I have never seen ANY expedition driver worth his salt (ha!) get into a situation nearly as embarassingly stupid as yours.

So until you can rightfully say that this scene here:

...was in no way a result of your own (stupid) actions, then I suggest you SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GROW A SET.

#208838 - 23/06/06 03:52 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jesus H. Christ...I really only NOW started looking at this picture. It really does say a thousand words.

C'mon, Cary, let's take a look. Since you've decided to air your laundry, everyone else should come along too.

You were driving along this (not so) dry lake bed, alone. No convoy. No other vehicles at all.

When you started to penetrate the crust, which is substantial (even in wet conditions), and slowed, according to the tire tracks behind you in some of the photos, you did what EVERY DESERT GUIDE IN EXISTENCE tells you not to do: you kept going, instead of hanging a wide U-Turn.

When you finally stopped, you were underneath the crust, but if you'd done what you were supposed to do, you wouldn't have gotten stuck all the way to the frame rails. From how deep you are, and judging by the underlayer mud that is thrown up all over the side of your car and its sliders, once you stopped, you gunned it and dug yourself in even deeper.

You had a winch. Great. Where's your anchor or pull-pal? You're in the desert, genius--what were you planning to winch off of? A nearby tree?

Did you have a shovel? If so, great, if not, what the fuck?

Obviously someone brought some plywood. Good thinking...did they also bring you the shovel?

Looking at your tires, did you try airing down at all? Or did you keep your Dunkin' Donuts General Grabbers all hard and slippery? Why would you spring the $$$ for that fancy-schmancy Calmini bumper and retain those shitty tires? You a Gear Queer, Cary?

Where was your jack? You had a shovel to dig, plywood to use as a base, a jack to raise a tire, and more wood to throw in the hole? Plus how many guys helping you? And finally another truck?

You had all these chances to not get stuck. Once stuck, you had all the equipment and muscle you needed to get out.

And you were there HOW LONG? That's sad, Cary.

Cary, with all this, do you think you are still a good enough driver to lead a convoy into the desert? Founding member or not, you should know how to drive on a salt marsh if you're going to pre-run a convoy on a salt marsh! I wouldn't trust anyone to lead me, that got themselves into that situation and couldn't quickly and efficiently get themselves out.

Founding member? Bah! Unfortunately, your timeliness in the club's conception is no indication of you forethought or skill.

#208839 - 23/06/06 04:06 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

#208840 - 23/06/06 04:18 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Cary,

You have said in numerous threads that I've read here and at SCCX that you were prerunning for the SCCX run. So you are saying that that's no longer the case and you were just kidding? As your relationship with SCCX severed you still seemed to be in some attempt to hold on to some thread of participation with a club that no longer wanted you. You are saying now that their happening by you was a pure coincidence?

I find it odd that a group of 30 Jeep Rubicons would need you and your Xterra anywhere but that's a different discussion.

You keep chanting the almighty "never leave a man behind" rule that should trump everything and you seem to be using that as your hole card.

But the reality is that your relationship with SCCX and the guys that later found you out in the desert was severely severed and it doesn't sound like these guys really wanted to do much more than was already being done to help you based on the state of your current relationship.

And please...........

Please?

Please?

Will you please say that it was your fuckup that you got stuck?

#208841 - 23/06/06 04:23 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread is great. I hope my boss never realises the hours I wasted reading it today. My question is, what did Carey do to alienate himself from SCCX before the stuck-in-the-mud clusterfuck he got himself into?

#208842 - 23/06/06 04:24 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I was out on Thursday April 14th. You guys showed up on Saturday April 16th.
Wait a minute, you could see the rock pile out in the distance, and you were out there for two fucking days? Never thought to rock yourself up a lil' ol' path out of your predicament?

I hate to keep pointing this shit out, Cary, but you're diggin' yourself deeper and deeper here. All indicators are pointing to your lack of foresight, common sense, and driving skill.

If you're gonna be that careless, it's fortunate you're so lucky. If you had been there in the middle of summer, this conversation might be a tad different. We'd be discussing what a big dumbass you were, instead of are.

#208843 - 23/06/06 04:57 PM Re: Gone but not forgotten
LAXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
I find it odd that a group of 30 Jeep Rubicons would need you and your Xterra anywhere but that's a different discussion.
Well Mr. All Seeing Answer Man... opps I mean Mr. Ticket Man. That was because in May I was driving my Rubicon on the Mojave Road, was the trail boss and was on the BOD. [Freak]

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal