shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209114 - 11/10/05 10:04 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
OH I am sure she would open her mouth about it. BUT as usual I would back hand her trap shut. I will not put up with a woman with a smart mouth.

#209115 - 11/10/05 10:06 AM Re: Guns in the house?
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Trihead:
OH I am sure she would open her mouth about it. BUT as usual I would back hand her trap shut. I will not put up with a woman with a smart mouth.
AAAAAAAAAAhahahahahahahahahahahahaha....... [LOL]

#209116 - 11/10/05 11:03 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
[b]Fuck off asshat. There are already several stories in this thread proving you are full of shit. mad
Then shut your pie hole and be thankful. You could be next jerky tits.[/b]
That doesn't even make sense. I could be next? Next for what? What a bafoon.

#209117 - 11/10/05 11:38 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Fuck off asshat. There are already several stories in this thread proving you are full of shit. mad
Then shut your pie hole and be thankful. You could be next jerky tits.[/b]
That doesn't even make sense. I could be next? Next for what? What a bafoon.[/b]
Next, it could happen to you and your family. Then what are you going to say?

#209118 - 11/10/05 11:51 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

I am going to say you are a moron.

It can't happen to my family. My guns are locked up. No I am not worried about the local teen safe-cracker either.

#209119 - 11/10/05 12:53 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
Weird this happened to a friend of mine today.

http://www.duathlon.com/articles/3958

Fucking little bastards.

#209120 - 11/10/05 01:03 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Desert Lady Offline

Loc: Arizona
It is the parent's responsiblity to teach their kids right from wrong, as well as setting the example they want followed. If a kid wants to hurt someone, they will. It doesn't have to be with a gun - it can be with a kitchen fork, a piece of glass, a knife, a pencil - I mean come on. We can't just ban everything that could be used to hurt someone. Hold people accountable for their actions.

It is the person w/ the weapon that's the problem, not the weapon.

Just the other week there was a kid (18 I think) who decided to run someone down in his car and killed them. I think we should all band together and ban cars. They kill people. :rolleyes:

#209121 - 11/10/05 01:17 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Lady:
I think we should all band together and ban cars. They kill people.
I heard this one too many times on this thread already. When my gun is able to take me to work or bake a pie, I'll admit that your argument makes sense. Until then find something better to compare to a device that has no other utility but kill ( be it people or animals ). ( And turning on the TV Homer Simpsons style does not count as an example of what guns can be used for )

Again, its not my kids I'm worried about, its yours and all the neighboors ones. If what you are worried about is home invasion, take the money you would spend on a gun and buy a lock for your door.

#209122 - 11/10/05 01:28 PM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

A lock for your door. That is awesome! You have an oven in your car? :rolleyes:

#209123 - 11/10/05 01:49 PM Re: Guns in the house?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
The parents were idiots.

#209124 - 11/10/05 02:13 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
If a child sets the house on fire w/ the stove, should we ban that, too???
Sorry Fronti if I wasn't meticulous enough for you.

#209125 - 11/10/05 02:48 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You have an oven in your car? :rolleyes:
Crazy canucks! I guess that's what they use for an extra heater in the winter??

Bunch of weirdos!

But seriously...

Quote:
Until then find something better to compare to a device that has no other utility but kill ( be it people or animals ).
I guess my Machete collection should be "banned", then. I've got 34 of them hanging on the walls... From Honduras, Nicaragua, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Bolivia. I get one (sometimes 2) everytime I go. They serve absolutely no purpose. And yeah, if some little brat were to grab one, it'd take their head off in a hurry.

Guess that should be illegal.

I guess my bow should be illegal, too.

Good thing I got rid of all the black powder I had sitting around the house... Not sure what that was *supposed* to be used for, but it sure made a helluva' bang when it went... Probably a good idea no kid got 'ahold of it... Probably wouldn't have killed 'em, unless of course they put it in a little pipe w/ some nice end-caps on it...

Come on. This is getting retarded.

#209126 - 11/10/05 03:26 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
As a hunter/gun owner/anti gun law person who now has a 19month old daughter, let me way in.

I've been around guns my entire life. Shot my first .22 at age 6. Began hunting at 13.

I had shot and learned how to clean everything from .22's to 30.06's by 16.

Guns are tools like anything else. Learn how to use it, maintain it, and respect it, and teach your own to do the same and you'll be okay. I'm more worried about my daughter having an accident in the kitchen than I am about her getting a hold of my firearm, and when she is old enough(by my judging) I'll teach her all about it, because by then, I'll be more worried about boys getting a hold of my daughter.

In the grand scheme of things to worry about, a handgun in the home is not even on the radar.

Is that right or wrong? I don't really care, it's right in my home and that's all that matters to me.

As to xterrapin and SF banning guns. What is that going to accomplish? It really is so simple. The criminal element in the city will still have them, and those that refuse to give them up will become criminal. How's that a solution? How about our justice system actually following through with upholding the laws in place to begin with?

#209127 - 11/10/05 03:28 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not the one pushing for a ban on everything, you are.

When is the last time you heard a 'leftie' yell lets ban all guns and knifes !?

And last time I saw a machete at work, it was for cuting sugar cane, so it does have a utility. So don't be banning those.

#209128 - 11/10/05 03:30 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Samueul Offline

Just to shut everyone up.

Please see: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=008932

enough said.....

#209129 - 11/10/05 04:44 PM Re: Guns in the house?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Uhm notsomuch.

Just to keep everyone talking:

"Of the murders in 2003 for which law enforcement identified the type of weapon, nearly 71 percent (70.9) involved firearms. Offenders used knives or cutting instruments in 13.4 percent of murders; personal weapons such as hands, fists, and feet in 7.0 percent of murders; and blunt objects in 4.8 percent of murders. Four percent of murders were committed with other types of weapons"

source: FBI Releases Crime Statistics for 2003

One case does not an argument make. laugh

#209130 - 11/10/05 04:58 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Uhm notsomuch.

Just to keep everyone talking:

"Of the murders in 2003 for which law enforcement identified the type of weapon, nearly 71 percent (70.9) involved firearms. Offenders used knives or cutting instruments in 13.4 percent of murders; personal weapons such as hands, fists, and feet in 7.0 percent of murders; and blunt objects in 4.8 percent of murders. Four percent of murders were committed with other types of weapons"

source: FBI Releases Crime Statistics for 2003

One case does not an argument make. laugh
My post was more in the line of thinking that a child can get his/her hands on anything and become a danger. It's a whole different ballgame with teens/adults, though those numbers still pale in comparison to deaths in the US by automobile accident, alcohol, drug use, etc... and since over 70% where male according to those stats, then the problem is clear. It's not guns at all, it's testosterone.

#209131 - 11/10/05 05:24 PM Re: Guns in the house?
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Violent offenders need to have their bag removed.

I like it. laugh

#209132 - 11/10/05 06:15 PM Re: Guns in the house?
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I never kept gins in the house and that was only 'cause I wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing my ex wife would have had access to 'em! laugh

#209133 - 11/10/05 06:51 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Just to shut everyone up.

Please see: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=008932

enough said.....
The reason why I posted this and the article that Samueul quoted was to pretty much point out that today the discipline of kids is way not the same as it used to be. I may be young (only 21 smile ) and not know a few things about this life but I can surely attest to how kids are raised these days.

One day standing inside McDonalds I overhear the follwing. I'll stay as close to the quote as I can from memory.

Mom: "What do you want to eat?"
Kid: "...a double cheeseburger"
Mom to employee: "Can we have a cheesburger and a small coke?"
Kid (something along the lines of): "Mom, I told you DOUBLE cheesburger!"

Fuck, I would have slapped my kid pretty had if he would disrespect me like that and yell at me!? All she did was ask the employee for a double cheeseburger and said nothing to the kid.

Parents are so much more lenient thse days. I saw that when I worked for Kmart 4-5 years ago and I still see it to this day. Parents often act like they are there to serve the kind and please them no matter what.

Don't get me wrong, not all parents a like that, just a few that I have seen. There have always been 'bad' parents but instances like the original article and such show just how much discipline, respect, values, control and responsibility have lost their value. Someone on here said that kids used to mature earlier and that's true because they were held accountable and had to help out family since early age because their help was needed and expected.

#209134 - 12/10/05 06:00 AM Re: Guns in the house?
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
Quote:

I agree and sort of support your argument, but it only takes ONE time. Only one. Why play those odds when you don't have too. I fully support the 2nd admendment and served 13 years protecting that admendment, but you know what, the British aren't coming.[/QB]
I love it when people pull that BS...yea, the brits aren't coming, but all of those ghetto babies that welfare supports are...and when they step in my home, and intend on doing my family and I harm, they're going to leave looking like swiss cheese.

#209135 - 12/10/05 06:21 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PavementWarrior:
I never kept gins in the house
What do you do with all of your tonic then? [Laughing]

#209136 - 12/10/05 06:24 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by coferj:
yea, the brits aren't coming, but all of those ghetto babies that welfare supports are...and when they step in my home, and intend on doing my family and I harm, they're going to leave looking like swiss cheese.
Are you being serious? Did you just say "ghetto babies"??? [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown]

#209137 - 12/10/05 06:57 AM Re: Guns in the house?
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
1) It's impossible to ban guns. Whether it's a good idea or not is irrelevant because it could never happen.
2) Each person gets to decide whether they want a gun in their household and then hopefully be responsible with that decision as it effects their kids/family. Teaching your kids gun safety is no different then teaching them not to steal, lie, etc..

#209138 - 12/10/05 07:19 AM Re: Guns in the house?
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois
The whole "be responsible" thing means doing your best to keep guns away from kids until they understand how to use them and what kind of damage they can do(preventing accidents).

If you have the kind of kid that WANTS to shoot someone chances are they would find a way to kill even without a gun.

Guns aren't going away, that decision was made many moons ago. The best we can do now is prevent accidents by teaching/training/locking.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal