shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209189 - 13/10/05 07:39 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by great pyr-hauler:
I own 2 guns, & never been broken into. I don't even have any good shooting stories. Does that lower the odds to your liking Wil? Does that make the others more believable?
Slightly, but since nobody ever says this, it makes the eight other stories you'll hear in a thread seem like everyone has one.

After three years of reading this board, yesterday I had just had enough and went off. I've worked for the PD for five years, and have never heard the gunslinger stories like I hear on here. And one would think that I would have, if they happen with the frequency that this board says they do.

Am I asking for a ban on guns? No. (I have in the past, but have changed my mind. Who am I to tell someone else what to do, espically if they're a cognizent and educated gun owner?)

My point was just that I was having difficulty believing some of the hero stories I read on here every time someone brings up gun rights. It just seemed like every time this subject got brought up, SOMEBODY has to tell their "Yeah, he was robbing me and so I grabbed my twelve gauge that I sleep with under my pillow, and blew that bastard away!" story.

And, with the day I had yesterday, I had had enough.

So, ok...you've got your story. I've said my peace on this, and it is now down for the record.

Now, who's got some titty pictures?? [LOL]

#209190 - 13/10/05 07:45 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] YES, yes, more titty pictures!!!!!!!!!

#209191 - 13/10/05 08:44 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by coferj:
I'm sure I could get a copy, but sorry, don't have one handy being that it was about 9 years ago
Sorry, I don't believe you.

#209192 - 13/10/05 08:45 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]And I'm posting my opinion that you and anyone else on this board that claims to have stopped a crime or knows someone who has because they had a gun handy, is full of shit.

I've been in more crime infested areas, covering nastier stories than you can imagine, and I've NEVER heard of anyone ever saving someone else because they had a gun handy. If that ever happened, it would be the first story on the news.

You know why you never hear that story on the news? Because it never f*cking happens.
Maybe you should get out more often:

Cincinnati, OH:

Store Clerk Allegedly Shoots, Kills Robber

Logan, UT:

Courier Clobbers Would-be Robber

San Antonio, TX:

Would-Be Burglars Hit Wrong House

Wilmingotn, NC:

Carolina Beach homeowner kills intruder in self defense

There's plenty more, Willy Mac... Evidently, you're not the all-knowing god of the universe that you thought.

How's that foot taste?[/b]
6 out of millions who own guns. Your argument to us does not hold water.

#209193 - 13/10/05 08:55 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Who is us, you and WilMac? [Spit]

#209194 - 13/10/05 09:03 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas
I shot my brother once Dove hunting. He was pissed off about it.

#209195 - 13/10/05 09:37 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Quote:
[b]I own 2 guns, & never been broken into. I don't even have any good shooting stories. Does that lower the odds to your liking Wil? Does that make the others more believable?
Slightly, but since nobody ever says this, it makes the eight other stories you'll hear in a thread seem like everyone has one.

After three years of reading this board, yesterday I had just had enough and went off. I've worked for the PD for five years, and have never heard the gunslinger stories like I hear on here. And one would think that I would have, if they happen with the frequency that this board says they do.

Am I asking for a ban on guns? No. (I have in the past, but have changed my mind. Who am I to tell someone else what to do, espically if they're a cognizent and educated gun owner?)

My point was just that I was having difficulty believing some of the hero stories I read on here every time someone brings up gun rights. It just seemed like every time this subject got brought up, SOMEBODY has to tell their "Yeah, he was robbing me and so I grabbed my twelve gauge that I sleep with under my pillow, and blew that bastard away!" story.

And, with the day I had yesterday, I had had enough.

So, ok...you've got your story. I've said my peace on this, and it is now down for the record.

Now, who's got some titty pictures?? [LOL] [/b]
What was so heroic about my stories? I was scared shitless and didn't even come face to face with whoever it was that broke in? I had my firearm, and I yelled through a door that I was armed, end of story. I could have not had the firearm and did the same thing with the same outcome, but if the person on the other side decided to come in, then well, I'm glad I actually did have a firearm with me.

My uncle was also very afraid, and I think reacted out of fear more than bravado...

If it makes you feel any better, every other household in my family also owns guns and I know of no "defense" stories bad or good, from them, though I have a 15 year old cousin in the grave cause some 13 year old fuck stabbed him in the neck at a schoolbus stop........

#209196 - 13/10/05 10:54 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahem...

Quote:
I've said my peace on this. Now, who's got some titty pictures?? [LOL]

#209197 - 13/10/05 11:29 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

no tits but how about this instead...

eek

#209198 - 13/10/05 11:37 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I've worked for the PD for five years, and have never heard the gunslinger stories like I hear on here.
What?

You expect the police to share stories with the janitor?

Get back to work and mop the freaking floor...

[Finger]

#209199 - 13/10/05 11:45 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
I've worked for the PD for five years, and have never heard the gunslinger stories like I hear on here.
What?

[Finger]
I write and direct their training tapes, so I've heard a LOT of stories...but thanks for playin' anyway. [Finger]

#209200 - 13/10/05 11:48 AM Re: Guns in the house?
coferj Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Quote:
[b]I'm sure I could get a copy, but sorry, don't have one handy being that it was about 9 years ago
Sorry, I don't believe you.[/b]
I don't remember anyone pulling your chain recently, monkeyboy...also, I could really give a rat's a$$ if you believe me or not. I can only wish that the same situation happens to you...and we'll see how strongly you feel about it then.

#209201 - 13/10/05 12:00 PM Re: Guns in the house?
great pyr-hauler Offline

Loc: Illinois

[Finger] [/qb][/QUOTE]I write and direct their training tapes, so I've heard a LOT of stories...but thanks for playin' anyway. [Finger] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Sorry Wil-Mac, I don't believe you. :p

#209202 - 13/10/05 12:04 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Sorry Wil-Mac, I don't believe you. :p
[Spit]

HAHAHA....

#209203 - 13/10/05 12:19 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have three guns, never had anyone break into my house, or used one to save my life. i have however, used one to beat the bejesus out of the damn girlscouts that rang my doorbell at 9:00 on a saturday morning (it jammed) -

now back to the tittie pix please!

#209204 - 13/10/05 01:10 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
What?

[Finger]
I write and direct their training tapes, so I've heard a LOT of stories...but thanks for playin' anyway. [Finger] [/b]
So YOU'RE the guy in the wife-beater that always goes running out the back door when the cops come in the front??

That makes so much sense, now...

[Finger]

#209205 - 13/10/05 01:15 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love a good flame war! [Smoking]

#209206 - 13/10/05 01:20 PM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I'm sure I could get a copy, but sorry, don't have one handy being that it was about 9 years ago
Sorry, I don't believe you.[/b]
I don't remember anyone pulling your chain recently, monkeyboy...also, I could really give a rat's a$$ if you believe me or not. I can only wish that the same situation happens to you...and we'll see how strongly you feel about it then.[/b]
Dude, don't get upset, this is the internet. Everyone on this board is Dirty Harry. Simply show me proof that this happened. It isn't difficult. Hearing you mumble, I would think you would have framed the incident report because you obviously are so proud of the moment.

Wishing it happened to me and my family, yeah that's heroic of you. Maybe you want to be the one trying to get into my place.

#209207 - 13/10/05 01:32 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So YOU'RE the guy in the wife-beater that always goes running out the back door when the cops come in the front??

[Finger]
I said WRITE and DIRECT, not STAR, you turd.

However, I did enjoy taping your beating.

#209208 - 13/10/05 01:54 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Trihead Offline

Loc: Austin Texas

#209209 - 13/10/05 02:47 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I knew this was headed here from the start...

#209210 - 13/10/05 05:44 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]So YOU'RE the guy in the wife-beater that always goes running out the back door when the cops come in the front??

[Finger]
I said WRITE and DIRECT, not STAR, you turd.

However, I did enjoy taping your beating.
[/b]
It's hard to make it out, but I'm pretty sure that's your mom on top of the car... It's hard, though, 'cause normally I make her be on top, so I don't recognize her from this angle. wink

#209211 - 13/10/05 08:44 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Claus Offline

I just bought a gun, Living in Canada has become tougher with all tyhe illegal guns that is smuggled across the border...I got the gun with 500 rounds, fucking B'B's are hard to load, looks like a real gun So I will just wawe it and yell 'WHO'S YOUR BICHT NOW!!"

#209212 - 13/10/05 08:49 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Remember to handle it sideway, gangster style. It hads to your character.

#209213 - 13/10/05 09:00 PM Re: Guns in the house?
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Wow, what a thread. When I was a corrections officer, I had a STEN Mk2 under the couch, a Sig P226 in the kitchen, and a Winchester 1300 and Ruger Mini-14 in the bedroom. Just being the good Boy Scout that I am - Be Prepared. Now that I'm in the relatively safe field of being an infantryman, I just have a Glock sititng in my room and a shotgun in the closet. No kids to worry about and anyone else that comes in is a potential target.
Now a word about safes. They are useless for anything but storage. We had a guy decide to start firing a few rounds at a formation today at Ft. Campbell. We have 100 M4s, a few shotguns, pistols, and machineguns and nothing was around to provide defense. Luckily the guy was a shitty shot.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal