shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209239 - 19/10/05 11:39 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
That is why Texas rules. Here if it is at night, when most people are home sleeping, you can shoot to defend your property. That means if someone is running away with your wive's jewelry you can shoot them for it. These states that require you to abandon your home to the thieve are just plain stupid. You can also defend another person here in Texas. A woman getting raped would be a legal reason to shoot someone.

Robbery is a capitol offense IMO. If you are willing to break into someone's house, while they are there, you are obviously willing to do them harm in an encounter.

#209240 - 19/10/05 11:56 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Also, go look up what the founding fathers wanted Americans to defend themselves from. Hint: It's not other Americans.
Really? Man, all those freaking history books were wrong!!! White men never killed native americans! So sayeth jorge, so it must be true!!!

[Finger]

#209241 - 20/10/05 11:40 AM Re: Guns in the house?
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Really? Man, all those freaking history books were wrong!!! White men never killed native americans! So sayeth jorge, so it must be true!!!
[Finger]
I admit I didn't mean Native Americans when writing "Americans". Good point, thanks.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#209242 - 20/10/05 02:14 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
White men never killed native americans!
Just a question...

...why are you so gleeful over the extermination of a race?

#209243 - 20/10/05 06:40 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]White men never killed native americans!
Just a question...

...why are you so gleeful over the extermination of a race?[/b]
Just a guess....but I think it was "tongue-in-cheek"?

man, if you're this serious on a message board, you must really be something in real life, Hillary. :rolleyes:

#209244 - 20/10/05 06:49 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]
Quote:
[b]White men never killed native americans!
Just a question...

...why are you so gleeful over the extermination of a race?[/b]
Just a guess....but I think it was "tongue-in-cheek"?[/b]
Just a hint...so was mine. :rolleyes:

#209245 - 20/10/05 07:36 PM Re: Guns in the house?
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:

Also I see no reason for civilians to have assult weapons and hide behind the 2nd ammendment.
Exactly what do you consider an "assault weapon"? A knife can be an assault weapon. I've seen a VW Passat used as an assault weapon. Or do you just consider and firearm that looks scary to be an assault weapon? Personally, I'm more afraid of some nut armed with a .30-30 winchester lever action than I am of some nut with an AR-15 or variant.

#209246 - 20/10/05 10:03 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by X-Act:
.....you or someone else must be under the threat of imminent death before you can legally use your weapon.........your claim always must be, I shot to STOP him. You never, ever meant to kill him, no matter what the situation. You only meant to STOP him.
First off, we have guys acroos the sea dealing with MUCH more dangerous adversaries. They must follow the Rules of Engagement (ROE), why shouldn't we?

Secondly, a gun is deadly force, period. If you fire, be prepared to kill. You can say you shot "to maim", but use of deadly force is a serious matter. The authorities and courts will not look kindly upon your trivialization of your use of deadly force.

#209247 - 21/10/05 01:18 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
That is why Texas rules. Here if it is at night, when most people are home sleeping, you can shoot to defend your property. That means if someone is running away with your wive's jewelry you can shoot them for it. These states that require you to abandon your home to the thieve are just plain stupid. You can also defend another person here in Texas. A woman getting raped would be a legal reason to shoot someone.

Robbery is a capitol offense IMO. If you are willing to break into someone's house, while they are there, you are obviously willing to do them harm in an encounter.
[ThumbsUp]

#209248 - 25/10/05 08:38 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:

One other tip: If you ever find yourself in that situation, your claim always must be, I shot to STOP him. You never, ever meant to kill him, no matter what the situation. You only meant to STOP him.
Horrible advise. Like posted before the very act of shooting at someone is using deadly force. Your claim would be yes I shot to stop him but never put I didn't want to kill him. A defense lawyer will rip you a new one.

#209249 - 27/10/05 08:00 AM Re: Guns in the house?
off2cjb Offline

#209250 - 27/10/05 11:01 AM Re: Guns in the house?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Hartwig:
Quote:
[b]
One other tip: If you ever find yourself in that situation, your claim always must be, I shot to STOP him. You never, ever meant to kill him, no matter what the situation. You only meant to STOP him.
Horrible advise. Like posted before the very act of shooting at someone is using deadly force. Your claim would be yes I shot to stop him but never put I didn't want to kill him. A defense lawyer will rip you a new one.[/b]
Again it depends on what state you are in. People need to keep that in mind. That is actually perfect advise for some places, Texas being one of them.

#209251 - 27/10/05 02:55 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
I just don't see how one could justify shooting someone as they run away.

Sure, them stealing something of your's is wrong. But how could property even remotely be equated with someone's life?

(Note - I'm ONLY talking about property)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209252 - 28/10/05 11:12 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Paul H Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
Horrible advise. Like posted before the very act of shooting at someone is using deadly force. Your claim would be yes I shot to stop him but never put I didn't want to kill him. A defense lawyer will rip you a new one.[/b]
Again it depends on what state you are in. People need to keep that in mind. That is actually perfect advise for some places, Texas being one of them.[/b]
Doubtfull it is any different in Texas. Hell you can shoot people there for stealing shit. You don't want to say you only wanted to injure them. You might be alright criminally but you could get your ass sued off. Thats all I was saying.

#209253 - 28/10/05 11:13 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Paul H Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
I just don't see how one could justify shooting someone as they run away.

Sure, them stealing something of your's is wrong. But how could property even remotely be equated with someone's life?

(Note - I'm ONLY talking about property)
Agreed.

#209254 - 28/10/05 11:17 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because by breaking into your home, taking your stuff while you're there not knowing what other intentions the guy may have, he's just made an announcement to the world that his life isn't worth spit.

#209255 - 28/10/05 08:53 PM Re: Guns in the house?
Paul H Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
Because by breaking into your home, taking your stuff while you're there not knowing what other intentions the guy may have, he's just made an announcement to the world that his life isn't worth spit.
I agree there also. If he is in your home and you announce yourself and he does anything but leave fuck him cap his ass. But if he is running away which is Moby's point he is not a danger to you any more. Why bother with shooting him. Seriously with the way courts are today it is NOT worth it for someone running away not threatening you.

#209256 - 31/10/05 09:11 AM Re: Guns in the house?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
[b]Because by breaking into your home, taking your stuff while you're there not knowing what other intentions the guy may have, he's just made an announcement to the world that his life isn't worth spit.
I agree there also. If he is in your home and you announce yourself and he does anything but leave fuck him cap his ass. But if he is running away which is Moby's point he is not a danger to you any more. Why bother with shooting him. Seriously with the way courts are today it is NOT worth it for someone running away not threatening you.[/b]
How about just cap his ass to begin with. If he's armed, you may get killed if you make an "announcement".

I would never fire on someone who was running away. However, in CO, the law sides with the homeowner in his house no matter what the circumstances.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal