shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209332 - 11/11/03 03:24 PM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

For some reason, THIS has the Republicans up in arms!

Funny how Bush can raise 1.5 Million in one night at a high priced "fund raiser" yet this has the Republicans outraged.

My favorite line:
Quote:
"It's incredibly ironic that George Soros is trying to create a more open society by using an unregulated, under-the-radar-screen, shadowy, soft-money group to do it," Republican National Committee spokeswoman Christine Iverson said. "George Soros has purchased the Democratic Party."
WHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yeah, and the insurance lobby and oil companies haven't purchased the Republican party.

You'll excuse me while I dance in joy. [Finger]

#209333 - 12/11/03 06:49 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Do your little happy dance. Your party is just the same as the rest. They all bow down to special interests that will give them money. Of course you leftists all seem to think that is not the case. Soros sounds like an idiot in that article.

#209334 - 12/11/03 07:02 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Wasn't Soros convicted of insider trading less than a year ago? :rolleyes:

#209335 - 12/11/03 09:14 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Wasn't Soros convicted of insider trading less than a year ago? :rolleyes:
ADM:
-pled guilty to one of the most massive antitrust crimes and paid a $100 million fine.

-Donated to the Republican Party $1.7 Million.

Pfizer:
-currently in the middle of a lawsuit because they illegally tested their drugs on Nigerian children.

-Donated to the Republican Party $1.1 Million.

Chevron:
-fined over $300,000 dollars for 52 air quality violations between 1998 and May 2003

-Plead guilty to 65 violations of the Clean Water Act and paid $8 million in fines, for illegal discharges from the company's offshore oil and gas production platform "Grace" off the California Coast.

-Chevron has paid more than $70 million in fines, settlements, and penalties since 1980, and is a PRP for more Superfund sites than any other oil company.

-Donated to the Republican Party $875,000

Enron:
-too many crimes to list

-donated $113,800 to Bush directly, and donated $1,138,990 to the RNC

Arthur Anderson:
-Enron accounting firm

-donated $145,650 to the Bush campaign.

Vinson & Elkins:
-Enron lawyers

-Donated $202,850 to the Bush campaign.

#209336 - 12/11/03 09:58 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
MBFlyerfan Offline

So, Wilmac, you are justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior?

#209337 - 12/11/03 10:07 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nope, just introducing the pot to the kettle.

#209338 - 12/11/03 10:12 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

So, Wilmac, you are justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior?
I believe he was just countering your "Soros convicted of insider trading less than a year ago" statement. Why can't anyone show evidence against conservatives, in this case a rebuttal, without snide comments from yourself?

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209339 - 12/11/03 10:22 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Why can't anyone show evidence against conservatives, in this case a rebuttal, without snide comments from yourself?
Preach on, Brother Sean.

[Laughing]

#209340 - 12/11/03 10:29 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
2001frontier Offline

Preach on? The point is all of the parties take money from anyone who will give it to them.

#209341 - 12/11/03 10:30 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:

[b]So, Wilmac, you are justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior?
I believe he was just countering your "Soros convicted of insider trading less than a year ago" statement. Why can't anyone show evidence against conservatives, in this case a rebuttal, without snide comments from yourself?[/b]
Why did he feel the need to counter? It is true. So, what exactly, is he countering? Where was the rebuttal? Are you trying to say he wasnt convicted? I dont deny anything that Wilmac wrote, and Wilmac would discredit Bush and the republicans on the same merits. So just because he is against Bush it is ok? I dont get you people sometimes.

If the guy came out and said he was going to bring down the Democrat of choice, you would all be up in arms about how another rich guy is supporting Bush, and then bring up that he was found guilty of insider trading.

So, in this case, Wilmac didnt rebut anyone. :rolleyes:

#209342 - 12/11/03 10:42 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Preach on? The point is all of the parties take money from anyone who will give it to them.
Exactly my point! I was just trying to point out that just because he was involved in insider trading, that doesn't make the Republicans blameless. I was just introducing the pot to the kettle, as I said before. :rolleyes:

#209343 - 12/11/03 10:46 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Why did he feel the need to counter?
Because the underlying theme of your reply to me, with its rolling eyes, was that Soros was dirty and so were the Democrats for taking his money.

I was just pointing out that the Republicans are just as dirty. Kettle? Pot?

#209344 - 12/11/03 11:00 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Quote:
[b]Why did he feel the need to counter?
Because the underlying theme of your reply to me, with its rolling eyes, was that Soros was dirty and so were the Democrats for taking his money.

I was just pointing out that the Republicans are just as dirty. Kettle? Pot?[/b]
As I said, justifying bad behavior with more bad behavior. And another thing, I have never once rejoiced in the fact that Bush and the republicans are involved with the companies you mentioned. But you seemed to rejoice (dance for joy was how you said it?)in your earlier post about the dems recieving money from this guy. :rolleyes:

#209345 - 12/11/03 11:12 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

I dont get you people sometimes.
Ditto. I'll never allow myself to be sucked into the "Collective".

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209346 - 12/11/03 11:26 AM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
And another thing, I have never once rejoiced in the fact that Bush and the republicans are involved with the companies you mentioned. But you seemed to rejoice (dance for joy was how you said it?)in your earlier post about the dems recieving money from this guy. :rolleyes:
Yup! If it's ok for the Republicans, then it's ok for the Democrats.

#209347 - 12/11/03 12:27 PM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
2001frontier Offline

Yet another retarded comment. You liberals always act so high and mighty about not dealing with special interests. It is quite comical really. The Dems bow down to more special interests than anyone. The recent shananigans in CA by Davis illustrated that point very well. Pot, kettle? :rolleyes:

#209348 - 12/11/03 12:43 PM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arrr....I be done with ye.

#209349 - 12/11/03 12:52 PM Re: Partial-Birth Abortion: Let The Court Battles Begin
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Arrr....I be done with ye.

OK. [Rainbow]

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal