2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209423 - 01/07/03 09:06 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
That's real nice; hoping for physical harm. You beat your wife?

First, I simply posted in this thread with a response based on the topic of the thread. You jumped on me for no reason without any relation to the topic at hand.

Second, I have yet to bring up (in this thread) my political views. However, it has turned into a "love it or leave it", "what other countries have you been to" bullshit, nothing thread.

My point, and what initially pissed me off, is my first example. If you don't agree with my politics fine, but don't hijack a thread just to fuck with me. I could care less (...It's a message board people) what you think about me or my views and I don't feel obligated to defend, prove or argue my point; albeit I like to now and then. Who gives a fuck what other countries I have been to, who I voted for and why I believe the way I do! You wanna talk about that shit, start a thread with my name in it and I'll sling red clay mud all day long; otherwise, stick to the topic at hand. Madman!

#209424 - 01/07/03 09:08 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
[b]Typical, nationalist, flag waving responses; I love it when all you rednecks goose step together.
What other countries have you been to xterrapin???? My guess is none!! I have been all over the world and now realize how great our country is!! We have it better than anybody. You can spew all of the anti-government shit you want, because this is a free country. You should do yourself a favor and check out some other countries and see how great America really is. I was a little bit like you until I spent some time with people from other countries. I don't agree with everything the government does, but most of the time they have our best interests in mind.[/b]

#209425 - 01/07/03 09:44 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Quote:
That's real nice; hoping for physical harm. You beat your wife?
In the 19 years we've been together,(17 married) I've done little more than disagreed with her. Do us all a favor and let's leave our families out of this crap okay?

I've never made any comments partaining to anyone in your family but you and your silly rants about or against something. I really don't wish anything bad on you. I just enjoy getting a rise out of you. Even that has become way too easy.

I didn't jump on you..Go back and read. I simply fired a shot at you and your post about NY. As if you weren't controversial yourself.

I'll "give peace a chance". What do you say? [Huh?]

#209426 - 01/07/03 09:51 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
xterrapin Offline

Deal and done.
Feel the love folks! smile

#209427 - 01/07/03 10:36 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
X-Yotaluva Offline

Loc: Rural Hall, NC
Gosh! I almost teared up. [Crybaby] Now, if PhilMcCracken would leave the term redneck on the conservative side of the fence, the world would be right again.... [Laughing]

#209428 - 01/07/03 02:55 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Please. There have been FAR greater, more hazardous, and more creative flames than this on the board. blah, blah, blah...
This isn't a flame as much as its an "in your face, one guy calling another guy out" kind of post...
Yeah, I agree. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much action to compare it to lately. I guess I just got caught up in the moment. [Wave]

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#209429 - 01/07/03 03:48 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
hehe found an early post of the madman back when he first joined

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=000878#000001

back when he was half social...

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#209430 - 01/07/03 04:39 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness570:
hehe found an early post of the madman back when he first joined

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=00087 8#000001

back when he was half social...
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

Yes indeed Jekyll had not met Mr. Hyde

#209431 - 01/07/03 06:22 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
FANOF5 Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Fl
all of you people that argue so much with each other, are you SERIOUS! would you say these things to each others faces, or just say these things because your behind a computer screen? i am not instigating anything, i am really curious. to me it is funny, but some of you all say some nasty shit to each other. do you really feel this way, or just getting a rise out of each other? you can flame me all you want for asking, i don't care, but i am really curious about this.

#209432 - 01/07/03 07:31 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
all of you people that argue so much with each other, are you SERIOUS! would you say these things to each others faces, or just say these things because your behind a computer screen? i am not instigating anything, i am really curious. to me it is funny, but some of you all say some nasty shit to each other. do you really feel this way, or just getting a rise out of each other? you can flame me all you want for asking, i don't care, but i am really curious about this.
I'll answer that. I tend to not be around people on *either* extreme. My boss is probably the most extreme I know - opposite of what my views are. And he knows it. Jokes go both ways. It's just not that big of a deal. I'd probably be the same in person - but, I don't believe I've resorted to some of the degrees of attacks that I've seen on here and I never would. I would never bring up the subjects, anyway. I rarely instigate any kind of argument. But once it's started, I will put my opinion on the table - IF it's something I feel strongly about. I don't believe in started up an argument to argue - I know the people probably wouldn't give a shit. Madman and I have extremely different points of view, but I don't think either one of us has attacked the other personally.

Typing it in on a message board, it's an easy way to vent, really. I doubt most of the people on here who argue would do it in person.

Is there really something wrong with that?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209433 - 01/07/03 07:47 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
FANOF5 Offline

i don't see anything wrong with venting. some of it is pretty harsh though.

#209434 - 01/07/03 07:51 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FANOF5:
i don't see anything wrong with venting. some of it is pretty harsh though.
Oh, I agree with you there. Some of it is uncalled for. Common decency, you would think. But I guess people get blinded by their emotions (either way, whatever it might be).
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209435 - 01/07/03 07:55 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
FANOF5 Offline

i feel bad for newbies who get creamed right away, i know i did with a topic i put out there

#209436 - 01/07/03 08:53 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahem, speaking of...

I am a newb, and since day one I have noticed the hostility on this board, and I have been meaning to ask, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

Didn't your mommies love you? I mean, I am not advocating that dogs and cats should sleep together or anything, and I know people have differing opinions, but DAMN, some people just get far too excited over this crap.

It's just down-right impolite and unsociable.

Oh, and BTW, I ALREADY SEARCHED! mad

#209437 - 02/07/03 12:01 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by NateX:

Why not cry about it? It may make you feel better. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Asbestos Lined Room is meant for hostility, other than that just ignore Brent (offroadX) wink

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#209438 - 02/07/03 03:51 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Hell, just hang out and follow some of the topics in the ALR, you may just find that you are the next contestant on "you can kiss my ass!" laugh (<<
Many of us have been on this board for a long time and we get into little flame wars from time to time. Once you've been here for a while you will see what I mean. It's no different from any other message board or users group.

I believe in my convictions, I would have no problem saying these things to someones face. I don't think I would start off with name calling though. I have been known to throw out some spicy zingers from time to time.

That's why I wanted to extend the olive branch to Xterrapin. We both have our personal convictions and to continue the tit for tat arguement is getting nowhere.

Like the man said, this is the ALR. The place you can come to on this board to air things out. It gets hot in here sometimes. Sometimes the debates in here can get heated. [Argue]

This yoga seems to be mellowing me out though....ohm...ohm...ohm... laugh

#209439 - 02/07/03 04:06 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
xterrapin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by aquamander:
This yoga seems to be mellowing me out though....ohm...ohm...ohm...
LOL! [LOL]
Yeah, it's just a way to pass the time while at work. The Xterra brings us together (even though some of us no longer own one) in the end and George W. tears us apart everytime. Really though, look how long some of us have been here; we know the boundaries and limitations. Most of us tend to follow the creed, "It's a message board people. Lighten up!". No worries, it's all in fun and jest.

#209440 - 02/07/03 05:23 AM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by aquamander:
[qb]This yoga seems to be mellowing me out though....ohm...ohm...ohm...
LOL! [LOL]
Yeah, it's just a way to pass the time while at work. The Xterra brings us together (even though some of us no longer own one) in the end and George W. tears us apart everytime.QB]
laugh Or it could be the true axis of evil, Tom Daschle, Hilary Clinton, and John Kerry that tears us apart. That being said, it IS a message board, lighten up Francis. wink Oh yea, work would suck without my hourly foray into this site.

"Just making sure the internet is up and running boss."
wink

#209441 - 02/07/03 12:13 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
off2cjb Offline

WOW, look at what all I have missed in the past month...nothing....

Glad to see some things don't change. Life is boring when there is nothing else to discuss concerning the X.

#209442 - 02/07/03 01:15 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
WOW, look at what all I have missed in the past month...nothing....

Glad to see some things don't change. Life is boring when there is nothing else to discuss concerning the X.
"Hello. You have reached the end of the internet." laugh

#209443 - 02/07/03 01:15 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
airbutchie Offline

Loc: Where the freakin' Rose Parade...
Quote:
Originally posted by NateX:
Ahem, speaking of...

I am a newb, and since day one I have noticed the hostility on this board, and I have been meaning to ask, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

Didn't your mommies love you? I mean, I am not advocating that dogs and cats should sleep together or anything, and I know people have differing opinions, but DAMN, some people just get far too excited over this crap.

Oh Nate... Nate, Nate, Nate... Being a newbie is tough... I'm glad you know the SEARCH feature... It's good to see that you have an X... And it's great that you've contributed to this board...

But you haven't really grasped this board until you've been flamed or fingered over once or twice... So here ya go laddie!!!

[Finger] (one)
[Finger] (two)

Welcome to the club, man!!! eek See ya on the boards, broddah!!!

- Air B

#209444 - 02/07/03 01:53 PM Re: NY Madman: why is he here?
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by airbutchie:
But you haven't really grasped this board until you've been flamed or fingered . . . once or twice... So here ya go laddie!!!

[Finger] (one)
[Finger] (two)

Welcome to the club, man!!! eek See ya on the boards, broddah!!!

- Air B
God love Butchie . . .

Always there to finger a newbie . . .

laugh

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal