shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209445 - 15/08/05 07:58 AM Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

How do I adjust or get rid of my governour, I can't go faster than 96mph!!!!!

#209446 - 15/08/05 08:06 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

This could get interesting... [Uh Oh !]

#209447 - 15/08/05 08:24 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ItalianFF79:
Why do you need to?

#209448 - 15/08/05 08:44 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ItalianFF79:
Slow down Speed Racer

#209449 - 15/08/05 09:16 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Where in New York is the speed limit over 96 MPH?

#209450 - 15/08/05 09:37 AM Re: Speed Governour
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
Quote:
Where in New York is the speed limit over 96 MPH?
I dont believe Manhattan has any posted speed limits. laugh

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#209451 - 15/08/05 06:33 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

The 05 doesn't seem to have a governer at least to 100 or so...

laugh

#209452 - 15/08/05 07:49 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

05 stops @ 114

#209453 - 15/08/05 08:09 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd like to know if it can be changed too. What speed are the tires rated at?

Yes I know it's illegal to be driving over 95 mph but sorry it'd be nice at times. Driving back and forth between Baton Rouge and New Orleans traffic moves pretty steadily at about 80-85 and there are always several times per trip I move to pass someone and I get up to 95 and the governor kicks in, bringing my speed down making it difficult to get around them.

It's not less I'd trust myself less driving 100 as opposed to 95 so as long as the truck and tires can handle it, I'd like to alter or get rid of the governor.

#209454 - 15/08/05 08:49 PM Re: Speed Governour
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Go Rocky, go!!!!!!!
[LOL]

#209455 - 15/08/05 09:15 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey dip shits!!!! You drive an SUV!!!! [Finger]

#209456 - 15/08/05 09:28 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just wait a bit until you smash your X all to shit driving it like a sports car.

I bet that governor'll be altered or gotten rid of for good then.

Try not to kill anyone.

#209457 - 16/08/05 01:04 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kschul2:
I'd like to know if it can be changed too. What speed are the tires rated at?

Yes I know it's illegal to be driving over 95 mph but sorry it'd be nice at times. Driving back and forth between Baton Rouge and New Orleans traffic moves pretty steadily at about 80-85 and there are always several times per trip I move to pass someone and I get up to 95 and the governor kicks in, bringing my speed down making it difficult to get around them.

It's not less I'd trust myself less driving 100 as opposed to 95 so as long as the truck and tires can handle it, I'd like to alter or get rid of the governor.
Hey buddy the chip stops @ 114 for the 2005 models so no need to get that chipped and plus think about it 95+ is soooo much its usually around thre were the car gets unstable , so lets not try anything stupid plz

its a [ThumbsDown] idea [Wave]

#209458 - 16/08/05 07:06 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've driven through New Orleans & Baton Rouge area lots of times. It's not to hard getting up to 90 when most the drivers seem to be cruising at 80 or higher. I wouldn't push it that much in an xterra though.

#209459 - 16/08/05 07:23 AM Re: Speed Governour
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
TIME TO DROP THE F@#ING XOC ATTITUDE, CHILDREN.

The man asked a question. If you can't answer it, don't respond to the damn topic. We don't need your high and mighty attitude and your petty comments. SO [Save the fine unicorns] [Save the fine unicorns] [Save the fine unicorns] .

To (unfortunately not) answer the question, this has been asked here dozens of times and I have never seen an answer... just a whole lot of messages like the above frown

#209460 - 16/08/05 07:28 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
TIME TO DROP THE F@#ING XOC ATTITUDE, CHILDREN.

The man asked a question. If you can't answer it, don't respond to the damn topic. We don't need your high and mighty attitude and your petty comments. SO [Save the fine unicorns] [Save the fine unicorns] [Save the fine unicorns] .

To (unfortunately not) answer the question, this has been asked here dozens of times and I have never seen an answer... just a whole lot of messages like the above frown
What he is asking to do isn't safe for himself or others on the road, why would anyone tell him how to do it? That is like me posting the questions "How can I kill someone and get away with it?". According to you everyone should just tell me the best ways to do it, and no for a minute think it is wrong. :rolleyes:

#209461 - 16/08/05 09:32 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

[useless post]
Lifting a vehicle isn't safe, rock crawling isn't safe, feeding puppies peanut butter with razor blades isn't safe.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't understand the mechanics of each of them. There's a time and a place for each.
[/useless post]

#209462 - 16/08/05 10:40 AM Re: Speed Governour
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Kaiser,

[Save the fine unicorns]

#209463 - 16/08/05 10:41 AM Re: Speed Governour
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by tuff:

Lifting a vehicle isn't safe, rock crawling isn't safe,]
Not at 100 MPH it isn't

#209464 - 16/08/05 10:48 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not to call some people out, but damn! Y'all have got to relax a little bit.

The original poster is wanting to know how he can freaking pass people (or even just keep up w/ the traffic, depending on when/where he is), without his X dry humping itself...

Speed doesn't kill. Speed differential kills. If you're keeping up w/ traffic, that's inherently safer than going the speed limit, regardless of how fast the traffic is going. If traffic is cruising at 80 in a 55, then if you're doing 55 and get hit, there's a 25 mph differential, and bad things can happen. The same bad things that would happen if you're cruising the same highway at 55, and hit someone going 30.

It's like we're surrounded by 100% law abiding people, here... This cracks me up, whenever I see posts like this...

If I don't maintain at least 75 mph on my way to work, I'll get run over. Don't know about y'alls cities, or where you live, but just try driving the speed limit someday, and watch the traffic fly by... Good luck with that. Be sure to keep a good eye on the rearview, 'cause you're gonna' have the front end of some vehicle shoved right up through your backseat...

#209465 - 16/08/05 11:28 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Quote:
Originally posted by tuff:
[b]
Lifting a vehicle isn't safe, rock crawling isn't safe,]
Not at 100 MPH it isn't[/b]
Oh I see, but feeding puppies peanut butter with razor blades is? what's wrong with you!?!?? [LOL]

#209466 - 16/08/05 12:12 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love it whenever this topic is posted. Most fun watching someone go from 5 trucks to 0 in a matter of minutes smile

The speed governor is there for a reason. I think an X brakes up due to the horrible brick like aerodynamic styling at around 97mph, so you should be glad it's limited to 96. Any faster and the underpowered engine just can't push the air out of the way and gives up.

#209467 - 16/08/05 01:07 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Look i am not telling anyone what to do or not do but i see atleast once a week what happens because of high speeds. Now you mite be the best driver in the world never had a wreck but what about other people? what about road hazards? If you do take it off please becareful. My dept. has a new set of "Jaws Of Life" and we would like to keep them new.

#209468 - 16/08/05 01:24 PM Re: Speed Governour
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I love it whenever this topic is posted. Most fun watching someone go from 5 trucks to 0 in a matter of minutes smile
[LOL] [LOL]

BTW, I wasn't supporting the idea of trying to bypass the governor.. I just get tired of the same old "Oh NO HE DI'INT!!!" responses... they're actually MORE annoying than the questions that they are responding to (i.e. I can forgive a noob for asking what mileage people get... but the same old retards telling him to search first etc... they get annoying.).

I personally don't feel safe above about 120... so I try to keep it below there... but that's my *other* car wink

#209469 - 16/08/05 01:30 PM Re: Speed Governour
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Its very simple...the tires the stock X comes with are not speed rated above that, so for liability purposes, the truck's top speed is limited to prevent exceeding the speed capabilities of the tires.

As to "Where can you legaly drive more than 96 mph..."

The speed limit around here is 55 mph...so therefore trucks sold here should have a limiter for 55 mph?

I suppose people here want a limiter on the X that prevents it from ever exceeding the speed limit, as they have in Japan, where a sensor wired to the truck and traffic sensors communicate, and prevent the trucks from exceeding the speed limits...or, the system where exceeding the posted limit triggers a set of flashing lights on the roof of the truck...to call attention to its excess speed?

Sounds GREAT!

laugh

I can't wait for more laws to protect us from ourselves.

I think the vast majority of drivers instinctually drive at a safe rate, what ever that may be given the road conditions, their reaction times, etc...

The rest have an inflated sense of their capabilities.

As George Carlin says, everyone going faster than me is a maniac, everyone going slower than me is a moron.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal