shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209470 - 17/08/05 06:26 PM Re: Speed Governour
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Since nobody wants to answer the original question, I will...

1. Buy Xterra.
2. Rent C-5 Tranport.
3. Insert Xterra.
4. Get to altitude.
5. Open rear of C-5.
6. Drive out.

Voila... you'll go past 95.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209471 - 17/08/05 06:42 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Since nobody wants to answer the original question, I will...

1. Buy Xterra.
2. Rent C-5 Tranport.
3. Insert Xterra.
4. Get to altitude.
5. Open rear of C-5.
6. Drive out.

Voila... you'll go past 95.
Damn, there are 2 of these threads goin, but this is the most logical answer I've run across so far.

#209472 - 17/08/05 07:39 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

No no no no.. You have it all wrong guys. With the aerodynamic styling of the Xterra, even freefalling out of an aeroplane it would be hard pushed to go more than 95. You have to take into account the terminal velocity of something that is very un-aerodynamic. I think you'll find that the aerodynamics of the Xterra are so poor that people have actually used them as parachutes to slow their descent.

#209473 - 17/08/05 08:31 PM Re: Speed Governour
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Okay, if I get some performance tires speed rated "V"; can I ask the original question? "How do I adjust or get rid of my governour?" laugh wink

#209474 - 18/08/05 10:10 AM Re: Speed Governour
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Okay, if I get some performance tires speed rated "V"; can I ask the original question? "How do I adjust or get rid of my governour?" laugh wink
Trade in for a 2000 model [LOL] neither of mine had them.

Seriously I would think its controlled electronicly through the ECM module.

#209475 - 19/08/05 04:30 AM Re: Speed Governour
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Not to call some people out, but damn! Y'all have got to relax a little bit.

The original poster is wanting to know how he can freaking pass people (or even just keep up w/ the traffic, depending on when/where he is), without his X dry humping itself...

Speed doesn't kill. Speed differential kills. If you're keeping up w/ traffic, that's inherently safer than going the speed limit, regardless of how fast the traffic is going. If traffic is cruising at 80 in a 55, then if you're doing 55 and get hit, there's a 25 mph differential, and bad things can happen. The same bad things that would happen if you're cruising the same highway at 55, and hit someone going 30.

It's like we're surrounded by 100% law abiding people, here... This cracks me up, whenever I see posts like this...

If I don't maintain at least 75 mph on my way to work, I'll get run over. Don't know about y'alls cities, or where you live, but just try driving the speed limit someday, and watch the traffic fly by... Good luck with that. Be sure to keep a good eye on the rearview, 'cause you're gonna' have the front end of some vehicle shoved right up through your backseat...
I gotta disagree. I drive the speed limit all the time, whether in a car or on a motorcycle. I have yet to have an issue with someone shoving their front end through my backseat, and if it did happen at least I will not be at fault. More things to take into consideration in an accident then just how fast you were travelling. One of which is, how fast the ass who hit you was travelling....

As far as the traffic "flying by", who cares? Is it a race. If you are travelling 75mph in a 55mph zone and are coming up on me in the right lane fast, then who's responsibility is it to take action? Me doing the legal speed limit or you? If you decide, screw it, i'm just gonna keep on barrellling down on this guy, and you hit me, because I didn't change lanes, then guess what. You're the one at fault. If you decide to switch lanes and blow by me, then guess what? No harm no foul. I continue to drive safely and you continue to build up your stress level....

#209476 - 19/08/05 08:29 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

That'd interesting about the 2000's not having them. Must admit I think I did push it up to around 100 when it was new, so I don't think mine is limited to 96. Not going to try it again tho.

"I don't think she can take any more Jim".

#209477 - 19/08/05 12:00 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote from Rinky...

No no no no.. You have it all wrong guys. With the aerodynamic styling of the Xterra, even freefalling out of an aeroplane it would be hard pushed to go more than 95. You have to take into account the terminal velocity of something that is very un-aerodynamic. I think you'll find that the aerodynamics of the Xterra are so poor that people have actually used them as parachutes to slow their descent.
--------------------------------------------------
Didn't they try that on Mythbusters a week or so ago? confused Oops. That was airplane escape slides and life rafts....Sorry bout that. [LOL]

#209478 - 19/08/05 11:24 PM Re: Speed Governour
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
That'd interesting about the 2000's not having them.
I'm not sure mine did, as the engine didn't cut off, but I got up to 95 once or a straightaway on I95 with no traffic near me and the truck damn near fell apart. I brought it back to a more reasonable 75. This was with my Pirelli Scorpions as well, not sure what they're rated.

#209479 - 20/08/05 11:10 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

consider yourself lucky to go 96 mph. around here theres always 2 or 3 jackass' going 5 below the limit while hogging every fuckin lane on the freeway.and when you get past em, it only takes 2 minutes before your stuck behind the next bunch of assholes. seriously, it sucks, cant even go 60 mph!

#209480 - 20/08/05 11:17 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

man i used to live by tacoma wa. thats cool man.

( i lived on ft. lewis )

#209481 - 21/08/05 10:16 AM Re: Speed Governour
OnlyOneDR Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by darfishin:
around here theres always 2 or 3 jackass' going 5 below the limit while hogging every fuckin lane on the freeway.and when you get past em, it only takes 2 minutes before your stuck behind the next bunch of assholes. seriously, it sucks, cant even go 60 mph!
For a minute I thought you were talking about Houston. With all the "immigrants" who have and DON'T have licences and insurance, as well as everyone else, they're so scared to drive that they shouldn't be on the roads. Instead they crowd all lanes of traffic driving like the idiots that they are. I can't stand driving here. GTFOOMW (Get The *$@! Out Of My Way)

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#209482 - 22/08/05 08:53 AM Re: Speed Governour
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
Quote:
consider yourself lucky to go 96 mph. around here theres always 2 or 3 jackass' going 5 below the limit while hogging every fuckin lane on the freeway.and when you get past em, it only takes 2 minutes before your stuck behind the next bunch of assholes. seriously, it sucks, cant even go 60 mph!
LOL [LOL] Yeah that was always my drive around there.

#209483 - 22/08/05 11:04 AM Re: Speed Governour
babyX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
You're the one at fault.
Yes, but who cares who's at fault after you're dead?

Personally, there are times when I've not paid attention and been cruising down the freeway at 85 mph or so, sometimes hitting 90, but I generally reel it in just out of fear that I'll pass a cop. If there's some open stretch of road somewhere that would suit nicely cranking it up to 100 mph, go for it.

Just don't cross the center line or drive into my bumper. laugh

#209484 - 22/08/05 04:06 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just thought of this. is it a speed governer or a rev limiter? just wondering

#209485 - 22/08/05 08:47 PM Re: Speed Governour
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:
Quote:
[b] around here theres always 2 or 3 jackass' going 5 below the limit while hogging every fuckin lane on the freeway.and when you get past em, it only takes 2 minutes before your stuck behind the next bunch of assholes. seriously, it sucks, cant even go 60 mph!
For a minute I thought you were talking about Houston. With all the "immigrants" who have and DON'T have licences and insurance, as well as everyone else, they're so scared to drive that they shouldn't be on the roads. Instead they crowd all lanes of traffic driving like the idiots that they are. I can't stand driving here. GTFOOMW (Get The *$@! Out Of My Way)[/b]
Amen and W00T! My blood pressure stays on high due to these mensa's cruising 40 in the fast lanes of the highway. My middle finger is going to be huge with all the workouts it gets.

I also :heart: the horn in the Z compared to the pansy one I had in the X. Just a tad bit more brute.

#209486 - 22/08/05 08:58 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
I just thought of this. is it a speed governer or a rev limiter? just wondering
It's a speed governer. Doesn't matter what gear and/or the RPM's. It'll kick in all the same.

#209487 - 24/08/05 09:49 AM Re: Speed Governour
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Kind of - you can fool it with bigger tires for example...so your true speed is higher than what it says on the speedo.

laugh

I had it up to about 117 mph according to my GPS...

Of course, that was through a recently renovated Historical Landmark elementary school yard during a recess parade of disadvantaged and physically/mentally challenged minority children that had just beaten their cancer and made the honor roll, holding Spotted Owls, Snail Darters, and other endangered species, accompanied by the Dahli Llama, the Pope, and floats with the originals of many Precious Treasures such as the original Old Glory,the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the real Shroud of Turin.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#209488 - 24/08/05 10:36 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Think about it next time you are barrelling down the highway and you see a white cross out the corner of your eye. Those crosses were put up because those individuals cared enough.

I have seen many accidents up here and I hear all of the horror stories. Last year one of my coworkers came upon someone who had lost control and he was severly injured his hand only held on by tendons.. bleeding.. unable to speak anything tangible. His son was thrown from the car but they did not find him for a few more minutes due to the tall grass. They both passed away on that cold empty feild before paramedics were able to really help.

Speed is a big deal... idoits kill.

Take a look at these photos and tell me it is no big deal.

Each one of these has a family affected...

Many times the person causing the accident not only is not injured but drives off as well...

Food for thought... stop by and look at one of the crosses some time.

#209489 - 24/08/05 06:53 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alpine you hit the nail on the head. I have seen the pain that is left behind.

#209490 - 24/08/05 10:21 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
Kind of - you can fool it with bigger tires for example...so your true speed is higher than what it says on the speedo.

laugh

I had it up to about 117 mph according to my GPS...

Of course, that was through a recently renovated Historical Landmark elementary school yard during a recess parade of disadvantaged and physically/mentally challenged minority children that had just beaten their cancer and made the honor roll, holding Spotted Owls, Snail Darters, and other endangered species, accompanied by the Dahli Llama, the Pope, and floats with the originals of many Precious Treasures such as the original Old Glory,the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the real Shroud of Turin.
[LOL] [Spit] [LOL] hahahaha

#209491 - 24/08/05 10:34 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

you are not right in the head! [Laughing] how long did it take you to come up with that.

#209492 - 25/08/05 02:53 PM Re: Speed Governour
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Whadyyah mean, come up with?

laugh

OK, I made up the part about the real Shroud of Turin, it was just the fake everyone's seen already...

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#209493 - 25/08/05 05:40 PM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh thank god yours is a fake because i was told when i got mine it was the real one. if you can't trust the proplr at wal mart who can you trust. [Huh?]

#209494 - 29/08/05 11:41 AM Re: Speed Governour
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just yesterday my wife and son came upon a rollover it had happened just minutes before. She and another passerby helped out. Apparently they were driving too fast and edged off the road, over corrected and rolled it twice.

One of them was trying to help his 2 freinds out. He was severly bloodied. Another obviouly had a broken leg and hip. And the third had a knot on his head the size of a baseball and didnt know his name, where he was, and was just laying there mumbling. It shook my son up because he actually knew one of em.

Ironically these are only about 100 feet away from the accident.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal