shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209642 - 15/09/05 05:11 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"God Save the Queen"

#209643 - 15/09/05 09:20 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
Constitutionality is not based on "hey, there's more of us than you, so shut the fuck up."
Isn't that democracy ?

#209644 - 16/09/05 08:06 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
Ask the damn kids,I bet they don't give a crap, hell most of them make up different words anyways, just like we all did when we were kids

*sigh* Come back, Bill Watterson, come back . . .

#209645 - 16/09/05 09:36 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
babyX Offline

Quote:
Mob rule is not democracy.
I thought the point of democracy was, in fact, that majority rules? I mean, isn't that the point of voting and counting said votes?

#209646 - 16/09/05 10:29 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DobermanN:
Quote:
[b]Constitutionality is not based on "hey, there's more of us than you, so shut the fuck up."
Isn't that democracy ?[/b]
That would be my assertion.

And to whomever said that hopefully sexual preference will be protected by the constitution...you're fucking nuts. There's too many protected groups already. We don't need to encourage more lawsuits on account of some gay guy who thinks he's being discriminated against, when in reality, his "preferences" just make everyone else sick.

#209647 - 16/09/05 10:46 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Yeah , but two chicks is HOT!
Prefer away!

(see the NWS Fridays thread for a reference)

#209648 - 16/09/05 11:26 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok...you got a point there....

Fuck it. I can have a double standard. Two chicks = hot. Two dudes = EWWWWWW.

#209649 - 16/09/05 01:17 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MyGoldX:
Jesus H Fucking Christ people!

With all the shit hitting the fan in the world today, isn't there something better to argue about than whether or not somebody says god in the pledge of allegience. Ask the damn kids,I bet they don't give a crap, hell most of them make up different words anyways, just like we all did when we were kids

Sheesh.....
No sh!t. The kids don't care.

Nobody even said whose god it refers to.

Can anybody tell me why the word "under" is a problem?

I seem to remember something from the 80's.......

I pledge allegiance to the flag,
Michael Jackson is a fag,
Pepsi-Cola burnt him up,
Now he's drinkin' 7-UP!

#209650 - 16/09/05 05:08 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, you're right, the majority of voters decides the outcome in a referendum (except in the case of the electoral college, of course), but doesn't decide the consitutionality of legislation. You don't elect your justices, and they are not (technically) beholden to any party or ideology. That's why federal judges can interfere in states' rights issues, and that's why illegal aliens still get to go to school and marijuana is still illegal. Because if it were up to the People to decide, like it or not, Prop 187 would be placed into law, and so would Prop 215.

My original point is that one of the great things about the Constitution is that it recognizes above all others the rights of the individual, as opposed to the needs of the majority. I realize that transgressions and travesties of justice have occurred and continue to occur that put a blight on our Justice system, but aside from that, the framework for equality is there, and the foundation of that framework is a reverence for the constitutionally recognized rights of the individual. It is to our benefit that we live in a republic and not a true democracy, for all our better intentions and jingoistic platitudes, we are inherently paranoid, angry, unjust, racist, bigoted, and murderous. Nobody seems to like it when the Constitution protects the Bad Guy of the Week. That's why it's there.

#209651 - 16/09/05 05:46 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:
Quote:
Mob rule is not democracy.
I thought the point of democracy was, in fact, that [b]majority rules
? I mean, isn't that the point of voting and counting said votes?[/b]
Except that we're NOT a Democracy. We're a Republic. That means that we elect people to stand up for us and be our collective voice in the government...not that whatever we vote is what we get.

The Founding Fathers didn't trust the "ignorant masses" enough to give us a full-on democracy.

#209652 - 17/09/05 07:42 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Wilmac is correct.

#209653 - 17/09/05 08:59 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Tonka Ross Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
I could give two squirts of piss what you want to put out there. Just let me pay the traffic ticket and get the fuck out.
Uh, huh. This is what makes you such a wonderful contribution to society. Head in the sand - complete ostritch. "It doesn't affect me, so why bother spending any time debating it?"

Beautiful....

Please DO pay the ticket and get THE FUCK OUT!

#209654 - 17/09/05 09:10 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Tonka Ross:
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
[b]I could give two squirts of piss what you want to put out there. Just let me pay the traffic ticket and get the fuck out.
Uh, huh. This is what makes you such a wonderful contribution to society. Head in the sand - complete ostritch. "It doesn't affect me, so why bother spending any time debating it?"

Beautiful....

Please DO pay the ticket and get THE FUCK OUT![/b]
Where did that post go? Did an Admin delete it? It's disappeared...and man, some of the stuff I wrote in that thing was brilliant!! [LOL]

#209655 - 18/09/05 08:42 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I repeated the Pledge all through school and look how I turned out! Oh wait, I'm not a good example!

[LOL] [Wave]

Um yeah, I just don't get what the big deal is. I guess some people just want to get attention or isolate their kids from the real world. They should just home school their little shits or something if it's that big of a deal.

#209656 - 18/09/05 05:04 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I repeated the Pledge all through school and look how I turned out! Oh wait, I'm not a good example!

[LOL] [Wave]

Um yeah, I just don't get what the big deal is. I guess some people just want to get attention or isolate their kids from the real world. They should just home school their little shits or something if it's that big of a deal.
I understand the importance of conformity to American society, so I wont object if my daughters school has the pledge, but if America is so great, why is it necessary to indoctrinate children on a daily basis ?

#209657 - 19/09/05 06:10 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Because school is inherently acidic to conformity.

We threw in a deity in the 50's to prove that not only are we united by civil brotherhood but also by Christianity.

Which, well...were not.

I kinda think Ronald McDonald/Walmart’s Smilyface would be more appropriate unifier nowadays.

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#209658 - 19/09/05 08:26 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
off2cjb Offline

Just another reason to hate Liberals and their secretive actions:

Hate Crimes Act

I can't even gather some words to describe how pissed I am at this. I really wish I was this guys neighbor in Michigan.

#209659 - 19/09/05 09:05 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
Just another reason to hate Liberals and their secretive actions:

Hate Crimes Act

I can't even gather some words to describe how pissed I am at this. I really wish I was this guys neighbor in Michigan.
Yeah, 'cause we should be able to beat the living shit out of them and get away with it because they are gay.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209660 - 19/09/05 09:26 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
off2cjb Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]Just another reason to hate Liberals and their secretive actions:

Hate Crimes Act

Yeah, 'cause we should be able to beat the living shit out of them and get away with it because they are gay.[/b]
Why not? Why should beating the shit out of them because they are gay be any different from beating the shit out them because they are a drunken redneck?

#209661 - 19/09/05 11:03 AM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Mobycat Offline

Beating the shit out of someone just because they are whatever is retarded.

Hate crimes...I dunno... I agree they are pretty stupid.

So you would have no problem with someone beating the shit out of someone because they were standing on the corner preaching?

But then again...why is it that Bob Knight zeroes in just on the orientation part? He's not against the hate crime amendment. He's against orientation being put in it.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209662 - 19/09/05 12:08 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
off2cjb Offline

No Moby, I don't think I would find myself beating up anyone without just cause. I do not believe in hate crimes. Any time you beat someone up its because you hated them at that moment. It gets back to the special rights vs equal rights. Same darn thing as hate crimes. Any other we can please the left and their existence?

#209663 - 19/09/05 01:06 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Hate crimes legislation is stupid. If you murder someone you didn't like them very much. Trying to add something to it based on motivation is wrong IMO.

#209664 - 19/09/05 01:09 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
Trying to add something to it based on motivation is wrong IMO.
Isn't that *sort* of what 1st degree is, as opposed to 2nd degree?

Not quite...but sort of.

#209665 - 19/09/05 01:37 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last time I read is that first degree murder is pre-meditated...not based on motivation...

#209666 - 19/09/05 03:52 PM Re: If you don't like the two words, don't say them!
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
I agree with the sociopath fundamentalist on this one.

Motivations are too subjective to try to add jail times. It allows the prosecution huge leaps in logic and nearly impossible to prove motivations are otherwise.

I think the real question is why are these "christian" groups so upset at this legislation? Why are so concerned in protecting people who beat to death gay people?

Funny, I never heard of them protecting criminals before, what make these criminals so spec...oh nevermind.

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal