shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209776 - 01/05/05 03:13 AM Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I was going to wait for Shrockworks to come out with the rear bumper/tire carrier combo, but I changed my mind and went with a reputable company, one that does what it says it is going to do.

The reason behind this is because (Jim) at shrockworks promised me a windshield logo and never came thru I even offerd to pay here is my email to him asking about them (SHROCK,(Jim?)

I purchased a set of your sliders, I went with the unpainted because of the price (I am getting killed on freight up here!!)

I like the way they were shipped oiled, no chance for rust to start, (you meant to do that right?)

Anyways I really screwed up the SHROCKWORKS stickers that were supposed to go on them after painting the Sliders. (DORK I am)

Can I get another set or purchase them?

Also do you offer a window sticker (large) that I can put on my winshield? if so, how much?)

Here is his reply: (Hey,

I'll mail you some decals. We do have winshield banners. They are free if you promise to put it on your truck!

Email me your real name address please.

Jim)
Then I sent him my addy(Jim,

I sent you an email with my address.

Thanks

Clif S.)

and his reply:
(got it! send it right out)

that was a month ago, well if he cant keep his work, then I wont spend money on his products, might never get them, I went with SkidRow on the bumper, at least I got it in two days from when I ordered it!!and it is bigger than a window sticker!! go figure...

#209777 - 01/05/05 04:10 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

He's a busy guy, I'm sure he turned around, got to doing something and it slipped his mind. OR, he did send them, and they went astray.

You said yourself he shipped a great product, so perhaps you should just privately e-mail him, and politely let him know that they did not arrive, and you just wanted to let him know you're still interested/excited to get them so if they went astray in the mail, or he's been too busy to send them, you'd really appreciate him to send some at his convienience.

Perhaps you can give him an update on the sliders as well so he feels good about doing you the favor of sending you free stickers.

Being able to scmooze is a lost art, I swear.

#209778 - 01/05/05 04:44 AM Re: Shrockworks
marmillerX Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, MA
I think you should really show Jim how pissed you are about not getting a sticker and get rid of your sliders and give them to me. [LOL] That will show him! Give the guy a break he is a small company working on lots a new products. Have you tried to call Jim and ask about the sticker?

#209779 - 01/05/05 06:31 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XPatriot:
He's a busy guy, I'm sure he turned around, got to doing something and it slipped his mind. OR, he did send them, and they went astray.

You said yourself he shipped a great product, so perhaps you should just privately e-mail him, and politely let him know that they did not arrive, and you just wanted to let him know you're still interested/excited to get them so if they went astray in the mail, or he's been too busy to send them, you'd really appreciate him to send some at his convienience.

Perhaps you can give him an update on the sliders as well so he feels good about doing you the favor of sending you free stickers.

Being able to scmooze is a lost art, I swear.
Ditto

#209780 - 01/05/05 08:00 AM Re: Shrockworks
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Seriously give him a break he's a small company.So he forgets to give you a free sticker. :rolleyes:

#209781 - 01/05/05 08:15 AM Re: Shrockworks
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
it must be bitch fest for you today..

Seems everyone is pissing you off. This is the third gripe in one day from three differant things.

#209782 - 01/05/05 08:19 AM Re: Shrockworks
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Kind of getting old. Can we ban him? laugh

#209783 - 01/05/05 08:50 AM Re: Shrockworks
spalind Offline

Loc: Windham, NH
Yeah...this is a bit much...especially over a friggin sticker...I think you might have an issue with stickers...first your upset with APwired cause you havent gotten your stickers from him yet...now after YOU destroyed your first set of Shrockworks stickers you are upset that Jim hasnt been quick enough for your liking in sending you a SECOND set of stickers...This is pretty weak on your part...

#209784 - 01/05/05 08:59 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

You could always give him a phone call. 1-877-4shrock. I've always had a live voice on the other end of the phone when I call.

#209785 - 01/05/05 09:16 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

besides, if all you wanted was a sticker, it would have cost a whole lot less dough

#209786 - 01/05/05 11:12 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like noone bothered to read the entire post.

Hhmm, lets see, first I payed for the stickers from Alfonse, never, got them, I did send emails with no replies.

With Shrockworks, I offered to pay for them up front (guess nobody read that part)and was told no by Jim.

And for the clown who wants to ban me for posting, just as well, I suppose you have never payed for something that you never got?

#209787 - 01/05/05 11:46 AM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I read your posts and you got an email back saying they were sent out. And then you posted here saying what a crap company it is for not sending you your free stickers.

Email or not, if I was the person who was not getting a response by email the phone is much better. You just have to say hey I did not get something that was sent out, not like you are harrassing him or anything. Just "Hey Jim I was just calling because the stickers did not arrive, are you sure they were sent? Was it this address? Maybe you forgot?" It is free advertising to him, there is no reason he would not send them.

I help run a small business and the email I get every day is well over 200 and occasionally the spam filters get one wrong.

It is an 800# and it is a simple phone call.

Also when I work with customers from Alaska, Texas or Louisianna the mail just crawls. I always beg and plead for Fax or Email to get things moving. It is faster to mail something to Europe than Texas , go figure.

Basically the phone works. No filters and you get instant gratification in knowing you 1) Talked to someone 2) You know what action is being taken vs. I wonder what is goint on. 3) You can hear in their voice if they are really concerned or not.

#209788 - 01/05/05 12:59 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Yes I read your posts and you got an email back saying they were sent out. And then you posted here saying what a crap company it is for not sending you your free stickers.

Email or not, if I was the person who was not getting a response by email the phone is much better. You just have to say hey I did not get something that was sent out, not like you are harrassing him or anything. Just "Hey Jim I was just calling because the stickers did not arrive, are you sure they were sent? Was it this address? Maybe you forgot?" It is free advertising to him, there is no reason he would not send them.

I help run a small business and the email I get every day is well over 200 and occasionally the spam filters get one wrong.

It is an 800# and it is a simple phone call.

Also when I work with customers from Alaska, Texas or Louisianna the mail just crawls. I always beg and plead for Fax or Email to get things moving. It is faster to mail something to Europe than Texas , go figure.

Basically the phone works. No filters and you get instant gratification in knowing you 1) Talked to someone 2) You know what action is being taken vs. I wonder what is goint on. 3) You can hear in their voice if they are really concerned or not.
The mail is pretty fast here (Alaska)only takes three (3) days to mail from Alaska to Texas, in state mail takes longer due to the size of the state and access to parts of the same.
The telephone works excellent when someone accually answers or returns your calls.

If I had known that I was going to piss everyone off by venting, I guess I would not have said anything, then again you know the saying? (a closed mouth never gets fed)

I deal with lucrative contracts daily when a vendor or manufacturer does not live up to thier contracts they are graded and eventually dropped.

Life is a buisness.
We created this mess ourselves, so now we live it.

#209789 - 01/05/05 01:17 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is a board you can voice whatever. I do all the time (especially my opinion of lawyers)

And you did not piss everyone off.... there are still 10,887 members that have not responded smile

#209790 - 01/05/05 01:33 PM Re: Shrockworks
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Hmm, must just be me but for some reason stickers (!!) were not a prime criteria for picking accessories for my truck [Freak]

Still looking forward to replacing my bumpers someday...

#209791 - 01/05/05 01:58 PM Re: Shrockworks
OnlyOneDR Offline

Geeze dude, if you met him and saw his shop and how busy he was you might realize why you did not get your sticker yet...

What is wrong with wrong with picking up the phone and calling? No one is perfect.

I bought his slider unpainted too and OMG had to sand them to prep them for paint anyway. Oil them? The raw material is already nasty and has surface rust on it (doesn't all bare steel?) so YOU asked for them unfinished, you got them unfinished.

BTW, if you want a sticker that bad, stop bad-mouthing and pick up the phone.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#209792 - 01/05/05 06:07 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OnlyOneDR:
Geeze dude, if you met him and saw his shop and how busy he was you might realize why you did not get your sticker yet...

What is wrong with wrong with picking up the phone and calling? No one is perfect.

I bought his slider unpainted too and OMG had to sand them to prep them for paint anyway. Oil them? The raw material is already nasty and has surface rust on it (doesn't all bare steel?) so YOU asked for them unfinished, you got them unfinished.

You are another one of the people who did not read my post in it's entirety, I complimented him on the oiling of the steel for shipment, if you would have been able to understand what you read, you would have realized that. looks like another example of our educational system at it's finest.

#209793 - 01/05/05 06:09 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

By the way, want to talk about steel? I deal with it every day, need an education on steel? just ask, I would be happy to help you.
(just a side note, do you know what A707 modified to X65 is?)

#209794 - 01/05/05 06:45 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

When you put as much money into your X as I have, then you can talk smack to me, untill then sit back and be one of the (I wish I could have guy's)

#209795 - 01/05/05 07:02 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kmoving:
When you put as much money into your X as I have, then you can talk smack to me, untill then sit back and be one of the (I wish I could have guy's)
Have you heard OnlyOneDR's story? He converted his 2wd to 4wd, lifted, locked, with gears. He might have actually spent more than you have. wink

#209796 - 01/05/05 07:04 PM Re: Shrockworks
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Blah Blah Blah, quit your bitching. If you know so much about steel build your own sliders next time dip shit.

Tim [Finger]

Thomas Jefferson

#209797 - 01/05/05 07:05 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

how about you cool it down a little, kmoving

is it that time of the month?

....and what's the comment about spending as much money as you on your Xterra.....what's that prove, that you have money...or just a lot less now and you're bitter about it.

#209798 - 01/05/05 07:14 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I will cool it down, as far as money I have money and I have a well paying job, I have also dumped a little more that $10,000.00 into my X, who else has done that?

Education, I have a P.E. and E.E. anyone know what those are? thought not.

I know what I am talking about, and while we are on the subject, what was that comment about me making my own sliders, dont have to, that is what the people that have no education are for, cheap labor.

End of subject.

#209799 - 01/05/05 07:15 PM Re: Shrockworks
Anonymous
Unregistered

All this crying over some stickers? damn...make the phone call, or do you have more money than good sense?

#209800 - 01/05/05 07:20 PM Re: Shrockworks
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Ladies and Gentlemen we have managed to piss off yet another complete moron. Anyone else here have a P.E.? Physical Educaton maybe, trying to make yourself sound smart hummm? Hey dumb ass like I said quit your bitching about a fucking sticker and instead of being a pussy and using email pick up a phone and call them up? I pray not everyone in the company you work for is such a grabasitc piece of amphibian shit like you are! Peace!!!!

Tim
HeHeHe
[Smoking]

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal