2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209942 - 06/10/03 10:21 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, not all minorities or poorer classes of this country: do nothing for the economy, are here illegally, live of the hard working taxpayer, or breed ignorance. The only ignorance here is your comment.
Not so fast my narrow minded friend! My point wasn't that all minorities or poorer classes fall under these catagories. However, I do have a problem with those that are sucking this country dry. As for ignorance, wouldn't it be ignorant to assume that I am not part of a minority? wink

#209943 - 06/10/03 11:34 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, Elf, you dummy...

When was the last time you saw a caucasian working in McDonalds, 7-11, or any other of the hundreds of "lower class" jobs.

Immigrants take those jobs and work hard at them because they actually BELIEVE in the American dream. Not like you proud mofo's that just sit and complain about how foreigners suck off of the government's tit. Ignorant fools like you only breed hate.

#209944 - 06/10/03 11:37 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:

[QB]Not so fast my narrow minded friend! My point wasn't that all minorities or poorer classes fall under these catagories. However, I do have a problem with those that are sucking this country dry.
That's not what you said in your first comment on this subject (Off-His-Crib should take notes here). You stated:

"Umm, how about a hell yes! Especially the ones that 1)Do nothing for the economy 2)Are here illegally 3)Live off of the hard working taxpayer 4)Breed ignorance. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Or at least I hope you do."

Note the word bolded here, "Especially":

Especially

\Es*pe"cial*ly\, adv. In an especial manner; chiefly; particularly; peculiarly; in an uncommon degree.

By using this word in your response, you infer that you dislike minorities Especially the ones that do nothing for the economy, blah, blah, blah.

Now for the second part of your enlightening post:

"As for ignorance, wouldn't it be ignorant to assume that I am not part of a minority?"

If you truely are part of this "Minority" that you earlier stated you hated, one would assume that you must hate yourself then. I had no idea you had self-loathing complex, my apologies.

:p

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209945 - 06/10/03 11:52 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
Quote:
As for the rest of your comments, do you have something against the poor or the minorities of this country?
Umm, how about a hell yes! Especially the ones that 1)Do nothing for the economy 2)Are here illegally 3)Live off of the hard working taxpayer 4)Breed ignorance. I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. Or at least I hope you do. wink [Finger]
Um... Whoops. Got racism?

"And all of the other nazis moved away from him there on the group W bench"

A

#209946 - 06/10/03 12:53 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by xterrapin:
Amazing how Clinton's prosperity seems to coincide with the timeperiod where the Republicans took control of the house and senate. It's also interesting how the economy was still doing pretty well right up until September of 2001. (although it had started to decline at the end of 2000. Which was under Clinton's watch.)

I am better off now, thank you very much.

#209947 - 06/10/03 01:05 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Amazing how Clinton's prosperity seems to coincide with the timeperiod where the Republicans took control of the house and senate. It's also interesting how the economy was still doing pretty well right up until September of 2001. (although it had started to decline at the end of 2000. Which was under Clinton's watch.)

You are? You're one of the few. Lucky you!

By the way, the split in the house is currently 229 Republicans, 205 Democrats, and 1 Independant.

The split in the Senate is 51 Republicans, 48 Democrats, and 1 Independant.

Plus a Republican President.

What's your excuse for the recession (nearly depression)? If you're going to take credit for the prosperity, then you also have to take credit for the situation as it stands now, even more so than then.

Come on, I'm waiting for your answer, girliemouth.

#209948 - 06/10/03 02:26 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
What recession? According to most economists the recession ended around November/December 2001. Some say April 02. Some say November 2001. The economy has been growing at a pretty steady rate since then. Sorry about everyones jobs, but jobs are always the LAST thing to make a comeback after any downturn. Common sense will tell you that. Companies have to make sure they are stable enough to hire new people before they can actually do it. At least, any responsibly run company. And if you think Gore wouldve kept the economy rolling along after 9/11 you are fooling yourself. The economy is fine, and it has been fine. The money you all made on the dot.com boom was phantom money. It was all money invested in companies that didnt do anything, a recipe for disaster. Blame your own stupidity for thinking you were all going to get rich on nothing. You wre all throwing money into a giant black hole. And when it became known that these internet/technology companies actually couldnt do anything with the money people invested, they tanked. I, myself, got into bonds. As you should do during any downturn. It happens all the time, like a cycle, oh wait, it is a cycle. After 9/11, that really turned out to be a smart move. In the long run, any Government in power really has little to do with affecting how an economy reacts. They can prod and nuzzle it in this direction or that, but the American economy works in cycles. 9/11 just made it more pronounced. Clinton was about as responsible for the Boom as Bush Jr. was responsible for the downturn.

#209949 - 06/10/03 03:45 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hey, Elf, you dummy...

When was the last time you saw a caucasian working in McDonalds, 7-11, or any other of the hundreds of "lower class" jobs.

Immigrants take those jobs and work hard at them because they actually BELIEVE in the American dream. Not like you proud mofo's that just sit and complain about how foreigners suck off of the government's tit. Ignorant fools like you only breed hate.
Wow, this ignorance thing is showing up everywhere. No Caucasions working at McDonalds or 7-11 huh? That's an interesting statement. I guess the guy that served me my lunch along with his co-workers painted themselves white. Assuming that only immigrants and non-caucasions, like myself, only hold low positions is kind of racist don't you think? So by saying that I breed hate aren't you calling the kettle black. Oh, when did it become the American dream to work at McDonalds anyways? So [Save the fine unicorns]

#209950 - 06/10/03 03:52 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Note the word bolded here, "Especially":
I'm not above admitting that I made a mistake in the word selection here. [Finger]

#209951 - 06/10/03 06:54 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
[QUOTE].....I was director of IT for a dot.com during Clinton and now I'm not... simple as that... the economy tanked under Bush... or were you not paying attention....
Well whoop-dee fucking do, so your another IT guy(dime a dozen) who sold himself short in a short term market and now hates Bush because you didn't have the capacity to expand, or even to look ahead five years and ask yourself if your little world would still be there. I'm a programmer, I've made more money than I ever have in the past 15 years. (worked for three different companies) And it keeps getting better. Bet your ass one thing I won't do is publish some bullshit web page begging for others to pay my fucking bills so I can have a Harley and an Xterra. Gotta job yet? wanna get personal dude, I'll bite for damn sure...

Quote:

I'm Voting Clinton...
Campaigning again. :rolleyes: Know what man, more power to you. I don't really care who you vote for...

Quote:

Maybe a reading comprehension class is in order. Blah, blah, blah,... Even though judging by this thread I think its obvious you have the attention span of a gnat...
Okay you win. Damn, Got me all figured out. And that being said, perhaps you should learn to ask if the customer wants fries with that order, Coke or Sprite, that type of thing. Stop whining about how everyone else has ruined Todrick's life but Todrick....never had a bad thing to say about you, used to like alot of things you had to say. Since you want to throw off the gloves now I think I'll just yield and bid you a good life asshole. [Finger]

#209952 - 06/10/03 07:00 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
LOL... hey, you got personal with your first post... Notice i don't post much in the ALR anymore, its cause of assholes... assholes who resemble my Sig line.

That site was built on a whim, when i saw Savekaryn.com make her 30k... figured "why the hell not"... i updated it one time(2 days after creation) and never looked at it again until madman found it.... it was deleted over 6 months ago... since it served no purpose.

as for ruining my life... no one has, not bush... not me. I am quite content.

I do however think he is a horrible president... sorry if your only reaction to opinions you dislike is to lash out and make personal attacks... I would much rather debate civilly(like NYmadman and i were before you jumped in with the insults)

thanks for your concern...

Now I remember why I wasn't posting in the ALR

#209953 - 06/10/03 08:05 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
aquamander Offline

Does this mean I'm off your Christmas list and everything? [Crybaby]

#209954 - 06/10/03 08:16 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
aquamander Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

Now I remember why I wasn't posting in the ALR
Hey man, you started this thread! I don't care about you or your life. I just stated the fact that I thought you struck me as someone who liked your government to take care of you. That and a couple comments about your pathetic begging website. As long as people like you want to start "yea let's elect Hillary threads" I'll go in and state my opinions too.

If you think the truth is an insult, you shouldn't air your laundry on the boards. But hey, you go right ahead tiger.

I guess I'll never get to go wheelin with the great Todrick. frown

#209955 - 06/10/03 08:21 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
Hey, Elf, you dummy...

What the living fuck are you spewing? Really? Can you actually claim that you are not racially bias after that statement? I see tons and tons of caucasians performing low paying jobs, McDonald's etc...... Pull your head out of your ass...

#209956 - 06/10/03 09:05 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by aquamander:
As long as people like you want to start "yea let's elect Hillary threads" I'll go in and state my opinions too. (
well that explains it... just go back and read... the thread was for info sake... i didnt even voice my opinion until asked... and then i stated clearly im not a fan of hillary

#209957 - 07/10/03 05:09 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Pull your head out of your ass...
It's my condition. It's called cranial rectosis, and I'd like you to please stop staring.

PS...sometimes, dontcha just want to start a fight? Sometimes I go overboard, but it's all in good fun. smile

#209958 - 07/10/03 05:27 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Pull your head out of your ass...
It's my condition. It's called cranial rectosis, and I'd like you to please stop staring.

PS...sometimes, dontcha just want to start a fight? Sometimes I go overboard, but it's all in good fun. smile [/b]
LOL!!! [Spit] Cranial rectosis.!!!

#209959 - 07/10/03 05:40 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Pull your head out of your ass...

PS...sometimes, dontcha just want to start a fight? Sometimes I go overboard, but it's all in good fun. smile [/b]
I couldn't help myself. Such a big head in such a small hole and all..... wink

#209960 - 07/10/03 02:04 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Actually it is called rectal cranial inversion.

#209961 - 07/10/03 03:23 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Originally posted by Andre the Giant:

You are? You're one of the few. Lucky you!

By the way, the split in the house is currently 229 Republicans, 205 Democrats, and 1 Independant.

The split in the Senate is 51 Republicans, 48 Democrats, and 1 Independant.

Plus a Republican President.

What's your excuse for the recession (nearly depression)? If you're going to take credit for the prosperity, then you also have to take credit for the situation as it stands now, even more so than then.

Come on, I'm waiting for your answer, girliemouth.[/b]
It's obvious that you don't understand the basic ebb and flow of the economy. The standoff between the republican congress and the democrat controlled white house allowed the economy to do what it does best... determine it's own course. It's not so much that Clinton was to blame for the "Bush recession" but he could have stopped it by cutting taxes in his last year in office. Unfortunately, at the end of Clinton's term, the economy was slowing down after years of rapid growth. (A perfectly natural thing for it to do.) When Bush took office, he inherited a slowing economy which was driven into a mild recession when the 9/11 attacks took place. What has happened since then has been a modest recovery, but the recession was barely a recession, and given the economic definition of recession, its over.

Compare this recession to the one when Carter was president.

Carter 10+% interest rates 10+% unemployment 10+% inflation

Bush 4.75% interest rates 6% unemployment <1% inflation

Bush's leadership and economic policy may not be your cup of tea, but we are headed in the right direction.

And yes, I am one of the lucky few... the 94% of the population that has a job.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it girlieman!

wink

#209962 - 07/10/03 04:16 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Firebraun Offline

Loc: Reno, Nevada
Quote:
I see tons and tons of caucasians performing low paying jobs, McDonald's etc......
Maybe they do in Pittsburg, but I see very little of that here. Ten years ago every single person working the cash register and assembling burgers at the Mickey Dee's near my house was a white, English-a-FIRST-language, high-school kid earning gas money after they got out of class for the day.

Now I practically have to speak Spanish to order my extra value meal. I'm not kidding, some of the 30 to 40 year old hispanic employees working the cash register speak very little english, if any at all. They get orders wrong all the time, and it's really annoying. I guess "No pickles on that, please" isn't something they teach in ESL classes. Whatever...

I'm not saying it's that way everywhere, but I see it locally every day. What are all the high school kids doing for gas money these days, anyway?

#209963 - 07/10/03 06:16 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Firebraun:

They get orders wrong all the time, and it's really annoying. I guess "No pickles on that, please" isn't something they teach in ESL classes. Whatever...
Actually the caucasians that I see get the order wrong too. smile I don't think the language barrier has anything to do with the incompetence level of McDonald's employees.

#209964 - 08/10/03 05:48 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andre:

I hate to attack you, because a) loved you in "Princess Bride" and b) you're dead.

But since you brought it on yourself, what we were discussing is NOT Jimmy Carter, but taking credit for an economy because of a Republican congress. You did it, not me. I was just correcting you.

By the way, how is this a MILD recession? This is worse than the recession that knocked off Poppa Bush. The Shrub is going to be the first President since Hoover to leave office with fewer jobs than when he started. Tell me how this is MILD except in Republican spin, chickenlegs.

#209965 - 08/10/03 07:04 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
Andre:

I hate to attack you, because a) loved you in "Princess Bride" and b) you're dead.

But since you brought it on yourself, what we were discussing is NOT Jimmy Carter, but taking credit for an economy because of a Republican congress. You did it, not me. I was just correcting you.

By the way, how is this a MILD recession? This is worse than the recession that knocked off Poppa Bush. The Shrub is going to be the first President since Hoover to leave office with fewer jobs than when he started. Tell me how this is MILD except in Republican spin, chickenlegs.
It has already been explained why. Reread previous posts.

#209966 - 08/10/03 08:18 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

MBFlyerFan...

You do realize that your quote was parodying the way Republicans use dirty tricks to skirt the issues, right? Because I would hate to point out how hilarious it truly is that a conservative missed the point of that line and took it to heart.

BTW-previous posts have answered nothing. We were talking about taking credit for the boom of the 90's because of a Repugnican (whoops, typo)Congress, and I simply stated that if you take credit for that, then you have to take credit for the recession also. Cycles, schmikles. That's no excuse for 3 million people out of work since Bush took office.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal