2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209967 - 08/10/03 08:22 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Firebraun:
Quote:
I see tons and tons of caucasians performing low paying jobs, McDonald's etc......
Maybe they do in Pittsburg, but I see very little of that here. Ten years ago every single person working the cash register and assembling burgers at the Mickey Dee's near my house was a white, English-a-FIRST-language, high-school kid earning gas money after they got out of class for the day.

Now I practically have to speak Spanish to order my extra value meal. I'm not kidding, some of the 30 to 40 year old hispanic employees working the cash register speak very little english, if any at all. They get orders wrong all the time, and it's really annoying. I guess "No pickles on that, please" isn't something they teach in ESL classes. Whatever...

I'm not saying it's that way everywhere, but I see it locally every day. What are all the high school kids doing for gas money these days, anyway?
When I lived in DC it was the same way. In fact, it's that way in every big city I've been in.

#209968 - 08/10/03 08:48 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
Wilma, I've already compared a mild recession to a serious recession. Thus the reason for my comparing Carter's recession to the "Bush recession"

I never claimed that the Republican controlled congress was responsible for the economic boom of the mid 1990's. I've attributed that boom to the fact that the Republicans in congress and the Clinton administration were gridlocked.

I can't help it if you don't read too well. It's a real shame that your ability to comprehend the written word is so diminished. You state in another thread that Fox breeds ignorance. Well, maybe it's true, maybe it's not. But research shows that Republicans tend to be more highly educated than Democrats. Democrats are ignorant enough already. You're living proof of that. [Finger] [LOL]

Do you own an Xterra?

#209969 - 08/10/03 08:53 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
But research shows that Republicans tend to be more highly educated than Democrats.
Interesting. Where is this research? I've always heard the opposite. Or rather, I've heard the more educated one is, the more liberal they are. (no republican/democrat mentioning)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209970 - 08/10/03 09:34 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

I haven't found info to completely back up my claim. I've always heard that Democrats are more likely to be blue collar, high school educated people, low income people, and highly educated college professors, whereas Republicans tend to be middle class, small business owner or corporate workers with a college degree.

Like I said, I haven't found the magic evidence to back up my claim just yet, but here's a Washington Post article about how the parties are changing and that more of the less educated, low income people are looking towards Republicans and more of the highly educated, rich people are looking towards the Democrats. The article indicates that this is a diversion from the norm.

I'm still searching....

#209971 - 08/10/03 09:43 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

I think the reality is that they both cover the spectrum. You have both idiots who are democrat and idiots who are republican, and you have both brilliant people who are democrat and brilliant people who are republican.

My guess is, if you had the resources to figure out everyone, it's probably about even.

(And probably, more accurate to use liberal and conservative rather than democrat and republican)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209972 - 08/10/03 09:50 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do find it interesting that drama and liberals seem to have this unbreakable bond together. [Finger]

#209973 - 08/10/03 10:06 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:
I do find it interesting that drama and liberals seem to have this unbreakable bond together. [Finger]
Just like conservatives and comedy, eh? laugh

#209974 - 08/10/03 10:13 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

If the results of the last two presidential elections tell us anything...

Those with no HS degree are far more likely to vote for the Dem
Those with HS degrees were about evenly split.
Those who have some college, a college degree, or a Masters degree were more likely to vote for the Republican
Those with a Doctorate were more likely to vote for the Democrat.

In the Bush-Gore election, 47% of college educated voters voted for Gore, while 49% voted for Bush.

The research I've done in the last hour indicates that the Democrats appeal to the highest educated, wealthiest individuals and the poorest, most uneducated individuals.

The Republicans appeal to the middle of the bell curve.

Conservative vs. liberal would probably be different, and there are no statistics that I could find on that.

But the statistics do show that more Republicans tend to have college degrees than Dems. I guess I'm right... yippee for meeee!

#209975 - 08/10/03 10:17 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:

But research shows that Republicans tend to be more highly educated than Democrats.
I bet Hosscat votes Republican... laugh

Check it out....

#209976 - 08/10/03 10:25 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

Kind of like the unbreakable bond of republican and:

assumed, campy, conceited, contrived, faked, false, feigned, fraud, ham, hollow, insincere, melodramatic, ostentatious, overdone, phoney, playacting, pompous, pretended, pretentious, put-on, schmaltzy, shallow, and sham (just to name a few).

:p

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209977 - 08/10/03 10:31 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Wow, you do know more than three adjectives. Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.

#209978 - 08/10/03 10:35 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:

[b]I do find it interesting that drama and liberals seem to have this unbreakable bond together. [Finger]

assumed, campy, conceited, contrived, faked, false, feigned, fraud, ham, hollow, insincere, melodramatic, ostentatious, overdone, phoney, playacting, pompous, pretended, pretentious, put-on, schmaltzy, shallow, and sham (just to name a few).

:p [/b]
I think all of those were used recently to describe former governer Grey Davis. They also apply to Jesse Jackson, Albert Gore, and Terry McAwful. [LOL]

#209979 - 08/10/03 11:24 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

How about Jackass Jackson saying yesterday before the election was even over that everyone was disenfranchised, and he was going to sue. Then they asked him if he would still do this if Davis won and he said "No". What a dirtbag.

#209980 - 08/10/03 12:11 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:

[b]I do find it interesting that drama and liberals seem to have this unbreakable bond together. [Finger]

:p [/b]
I think all of those were used recently to describe former governer Grey Davis. They also apply to Jesse Jackson, Albert Gore, and Terry McAwful. [LOL] [/b]
Let's not forget Richard Nixon, Ralph Reed, Lee Atwater, G. Gordon Liddy, Bill O'Liely, Sean Hannity and Ann Coulter. (And I bet Rove falls under those soon enough)

...ba-dum-bum. laugh

#209981 - 08/10/03 12:13 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Here is what I honestly think. I am not saying this to be mean or cause an argument. when I apply PURE motives to liberals and conservatives, here is what strikes me.

Liberals: Seem to be academic types (Professors, students) who really want to help people and make things better. They tend to believe in the goodness of people and seem to trust a persons word maybe more than they should. In this respect, they come off as sometimes naive or letting thier righteousness cloud thier reality. Liberals tend to believe that those "less" fortunate than them need thier help whether these people want it or not. They tend to believe that the its the governments role to provide not just for thier safety, but for thier well-being, livlihoods, and general lifestyle. They tend to have more of a "world view" of things even if it is to the detriment of thier own country. They see themselves as citizens of the world rather than Americans. They believe that any problem can be solved by throwing money at it. They believe in more government programs and higher taxes. They tend to have a less strict view of what constitutes right and wrong. They tend to use class warfare as a political weapon.

Conservatives: Seem to be made up of more "Salt of the earth" type people. They have strong work ethics and a strong sense of morals. This moral code sometimes leads them to be close-minded and set in thier ways. They believe that the only way a person can truly be helped is to help themselves. Sometimes this can be to the detriment of those that actually need help, but it also means that they try to make it an environment where one can help themselves. (Liberals tend to use this against conservatives by telling minorities they are having things taken away from them. Conservatives think that the only way they will get ahead is to force them to become less dependant on Uncle Sam.) They believe that the government should do three basic things; keep the peace(enforce the laws), defend the population(from outside attack), and promote the general welfare of the populace(IE the general infrastructure). This does not mean be a welfare state. Conservatives do not believe that it is the governments job to provide or create jobs. They are sometimes portrayed as heartless, gung ho, flag-wavers who want to wear thier guns (preferably for shooting liberals and minorities).

Both liberals and conservatives care. Liberals are the permissive parent, conservatives are the strict parent. What it all comes down to is how do you want your child (The USA) raised. You cant be too permissive, and you shouldnt be too strict. But you do need to know when is the right time to be either. Right now we are a child that has been allowed to run wild, in a nieghborhood of wild children. Daddy needs to come home and lay down the law. wink

#209982 - 08/10/03 12:13 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Wow, you do know more than three adjectives. Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.
You could use a lesson yourself there sport (you forgot to type "time").

:rolleyes:

As for a coherent sentence, what word don't you understand?

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209983 - 08/10/03 12:38 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Both liberals and conservatives care. Liberals are the permissive parent, conservatives are the strict parent. What it all comes down to is how do you want your child (The USA) raised. You cant be too permissive, and you shouldnt be too strict. But you do need to know when is the right time to be either. Right now we are a child that has been allowed to run wild, in a nieghborhood of wild children. Daddy needs to come home and lay down the law. wink
Aside from that last sentence, I'd say that was a pretty good assessment.

Another quirk of mine - while I may be left-leaning, I have absolutely NO problem with the use of corporal punishment when it's warranted. And I have no problem with it used in schools - when it's warranted. My only request of the school would be to let me know immediately.

#209984 - 08/10/03 12:55 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Wow, you do know more than three adjectives. Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.
You could use a lesson yourself there sport (you forgot to type "time").

:rolleyes:

As for a coherent sentence, what word don't you understand?[/b]
Oh well. Your rambling list of adjectives was fairly impressive. Care to give an example of each one?

#209985 - 08/10/03 01:18 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Oh well. Your rambling list of adjectives was fairly impressive. Care to give an example of each one?
Not to butt in, but...

assumed - the whole "Ron Brown conspiracy" crap.
campy - hmmm...I guess there's the Log Cabin group.
conceited - O'Reilly (I've seen him talk)
contrived - They HAVE WMD...we KNOW they do!
faked - Peabody...er...Polk Awards...er...not his. O'Reilly.
false - uranium
feigned - these trailers are WMD labs!
fraud - Watergate
ham - Rush Limbaugh
hollow - Cheney
insincere - Strom Thurmond
melodramatic - Pat Robertson
ostentatious - Jesse Helms
overdone - Clinton bashing, 3 years post
phoney - Phil Gramm
playacting - Dubya as a fighter pilot.
pompous - Ralph Reed (met him, too)
pretended - Bob Barr-CCC connection - NOT pretended.
pretentious - O'Reilly again
put-on - Defense of Marriage Act
schmaltzy - Nixon
shallow - Newt "here honey, I want a divorce" Gingrich
sham - Investigation into Whitewater....turns up nothing. Sham and waste of money.

OK, OK...some are potshots...

#209986 - 08/10/03 01:28 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Nice try. Half of your 'examples' are just your opinion about individuals. Now you have ruined it anyway. I wanted Sean's examples. [Finger]

#209987 - 08/10/03 01:33 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Nice try. Half of your 'examples' are just your opinion about individuals. Now you have ruined it anyway. I wanted Sean's examples. [Finger]
hehehe...opinions? So liberals have opinions, but conservatives have facts? Uh huh... :rolleyes:

anyway. :p

Just make Sean come up with other examples. laugh

#209988 - 08/10/03 01:39 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

I never said that. We all have our own opinions about things. I guess any example really would only be an opinion anyway.

#209989 - 08/10/03 01:42 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]Wow, you do know more than three adjectives. Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.
You could use a lesson yourself there sport (you forgot to type "time").[/b]
I just read this again. I didn't forget any words idiot. "Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.", makes sense without the word time in it sport. :rolleyes:

#209990 - 08/10/03 01:50 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
I never said that. We all have our own opinions about things. I guess any example really would only be an opinion anyway.
Of course. It's just sad that some people (be it conservative or liberal or whatever) are so convinced that their opinions are fact.

#209991 - 08/10/03 01:54 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

What this place is going to look like if it gets any uglier in here....

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal