shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#209992 - 08/10/03 01:54 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
[QUOTE]...And I have no problem with it used in schools - when it's warranted. My only request of the school would be to let me know immediately.
I don't know Moby. I can kinda see your point, and it's a good one. I just think it puts the school in an odd position of judge, jury, and deliverer of punishment. I'm sure there are some schools systems out there that would handle this properly. But I think some schools would use it as an enforcement tool. This could conflict with the accused's ability to due process.

Personally, I don't like the idea of someone else hitting my kid.(Doesn't matter there is no corporal punishment in our county) Suspend or expel them as they may, but there can be no lesson learned from from a principal hitting a kid with a paddle.

Other things can be used as deterants to bad behavior. Besides the afore mentioned alternatives, school priveledges and functions such as, games, and/or social activities could be denied. Perhaps a classroom setting change may bring people in line. Ultimately, the threat of being expelled from the school district completely will cause most parents to make sure their kids behave themselves.

#209993 - 08/10/03 01:59 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
What this place is going to look like if it gets any uglier in here....

That cop is winning that fight for sure. Wonder what the guy did.

#209994 - 08/10/03 02:22 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
That was from the Boston/A's game - when the fielders ran into each other, some A's fans started yell shit at the Bosox players.

Pretty stupid really, one fan was making gestures like, "Bring it on!" He would have gotten his ass whipped big time.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209995 - 08/10/03 03:11 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

I just read this again. I didn't forget any words idiot. "Maybe next you can form a coherent sentence.", makes sense without the word time in it sport. :rolleyes:
"Next" what? As it's written, it's a incomplete sentence. But I can see how it would look acceptable to someone who was home schooled, idiot.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209996 - 08/10/03 03:20 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:

Nice try. Half of your 'examples' are just your opinion about individuals. Now you have ruined it anyway. I wanted Sean's examples. [Finger]
I think Mobycat posted an excellent example. As a matter of fact, I've would have replied in very simular fashion. The only thing different would have been adding Pat Robinson's name...ur...dam Moby, you got that one too! Funny, I don't recall reading any examples from your orginal post on the subject.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#209997 - 08/10/03 03:50 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nah, he asked the cop to put him out of his misery. You're getting very, very sleepy. [Sleep]

#209998 - 08/10/03 04:08 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ELFTERRA:

Nah, he asked the cop to put him out of his misery. You're getting very, very sleepy. [Sleep]
HA!

I gotta tell ya...I still can't believe how stupid fans have gotten...

1. Did he not know everyone was going to see how idiotic he was being?

2. Did he really think he would have a chance against the player he was yelling at? Even if his friend jumped in, they'd have the entire Bosox to deal with.

(Sorry...not up on the Bosox players, so I don't know the name of the player they were yelling at...except that he was HUGE compared to these two twits.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#209999 - 08/10/03 04:11 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Mobycat Offline

Oh...and what do you want to bet this guy is thinking of suing?

"HEY! Look at the picture! Isn't it obvious I wasn't putting up any resistance?!"

One of the worst problems of this country is the rush to litigate...and that really has nothing to do with political views...it has to do with a large group of lawyers who want to make a quick buck. (Sorry...I've probably just started another argument)

#210000 - 08/10/03 05:19 PM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Next" what? As it's written, it's a incomplete sentence. But I can see how it would look acceptable to someone who was home schooled, idiot.

Huh? Maybe if you could comprehend more than one sentence at a time it would help you figure it out. The word next is not just an adjective dork. It can also be used as an adverb. The example here points this out. Look at the second example of the word next under adverb.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=next

When did it become proper grammar to start a sentence with the word but? I am no grammatical genuis. I really was just fucking with you. You had to try to make some brilliant comeback though about my grammar, and you were wrong. I win. [Finger]

#210001 - 09/10/03 05:32 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
One of the worst problems of this country is the rush to litigate...and that really has nothing to do with political views...it has to do with a large group of lawyers who want to make a quick buck. (Sorry...I've probably just started another argument)
Yeah! Spoken like a true moderate!! I say SUE EVERYONE!

Come on, somebody fight me. hahaha

#210002 - 09/10/03 06:34 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Anyway, getting back to the original subject. Apparently a political group submitted Hilary's name on thier own. Anyone can submit a person's name to be President, and then a number must be assigned to that candidate by the Feds whether that person intends to run or not. That's not to say she will not run, but that is apparently how she had her name submitted. My source was Sean Hannity's radio show. Take it for what its worth. [Finger]

#210003 - 09/10/03 06:38 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:

Since you are a liberal, shouldn't that say, "Come on, somebody appease me. hahaha." laugh

#210004 - 09/10/03 06:48 AM Re: NYMadman's Worst Nightmare.... NOT A JOKE
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Quote:

Since you are a liberal, shouldn't that say, "Come on, somebody appease me. hahaha." laugh
Hahahahahaha...SHUT UP! laugh

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal