shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210005 - 16/09/03 07:12 AM My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
Hey all,

I'm writing this to see if anyone else has noticed this, or if it is just me. Lately, over the course of the last year or so, I've noticed a lot more Pontiac Grand Am/Prix drivers out there. It looks like most of these are kids and or young adults with severe lead feet. It's almost like all the client base from Saturns have shifted over to Pontiacs, due to how cheap these Pontiacs are.

These drivers are by far the worst on the road. They are right up there with people that put Jesus fish on their cars as far as bad drivers go. Back when all these bad drivers drove Saturns it wasn't bad because they drove 4 bangers without any horsepower. Now they are armed with these "cutting-you-off" machines. Not only that, they don't pay attention at lights (cell phones, CD players, makeup), create a 5 car gap between them and the car in front of them when the light turns green, stomp on their souped up engines to close the gap, and I have to use about 2 gallons of gas to keep up and keep from having 3 other cars from the other lane duck in front of me. Apparently, turn signals are an expensive option with these turd cars as well.

Very irritating and I'm wondering if these cheapass POS Pontiac drivers are driving anyone else nuts...

I guess the bright side is that it's a Pontiac, so I only have to deal with these things for another couple years before they all break and the "bad driver" crowd moves on to a new make and model - hopefully back to something a little slower.

#210006 - 16/09/03 07:18 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
I haven't specifically noticed Grand Ams being any worse than anybody else around here.

My two observations have been:
1) Nissan Altima - you've never seen one with the trunk key cover down

2) If I see a vehicle doing something REALLY reckless and selfish - 99 times out of 100 the driver is a black woman. Call me a racist asshole if you want to... but I stay the HELL away from black women drivers when I see them.

#210007 - 16/09/03 07:26 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
I haven't specifically noticed Grand Ams being any worse than anybody else around here.

My two observations have been:
1) Nissan Altima - you've never seen one with the trunk key cover down

2) [b]If I see a vehicle doing something REALLY reckless and selfish - 99 times out of 100 the driver is a black woman. Call me a racist asshole if you want to... but I stay the HELL away from black women drivers when I see them.
[/b]
Ok, so it isnt just me.

#210008 - 16/09/03 07:38 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Someone care to move this to the clubhouse where it belongs?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#210009 - 16/09/03 07:51 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

Auditor_Kevin,

Pardon my french,but,"you're an asshole".

I was going to let the comments about Grand Am's slide but then you just had to throw the Grand Prix's in the mix. :rolleyes:

Just for the record,like Xterra's, BMW's, and pretty much all other cars or trucks there is a wide range of performance and pricing in various lines.

My wife has a Grand Prix GTP Daytona which was not cheap and is one of the best performing cars out there, she drives it as such and if shmoes (spelling?) like you can't handle it she figures you ought to just piss off. [Finger] I agree. [Finger]

And why the hell do you "use 2 gallons of gas to keep up an keep 3 others form cutting you off"? You got a case of the small penis so I'll drive my slow truck harder than I should syndrome? eek

Maybe you should stop crying [Crybaby] crybaby: and buy a Viper or some other big penis car with some power so you won't feel so small when you get cut off or beaten at a light. [Laughing]

Jeez, what a putz. [Too much XOC]

#210010 - 16/09/03 08:03 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by BigYella:
Grand Prix GTP Daytona which was not cheap and is one of the best performing cars out there
Hmmmmm....that's a pretty ambitious statement.

Oh, and next time you stand up, check your ass - I'm pretty sure you'll find something stuck up there. :p

#210011 - 16/09/03 08:06 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

Your head searching for dingleberries?

#210012 - 16/09/03 08:12 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Auditor_Kevin:
It's almost like all the client base from Saturns have shifted over to Pontiacs, .
No shit ! I call them angry saturn drivers because they drive like they have a chip on their shoulder about not being able to afford a proper car.

#210013 - 16/09/03 08:41 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Auditor_Kevin Offline

Loc: Dundee, IL
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigYella:
[QB]Auditor_Kevin,

"I was going to let the comments about Grand Am's slide but then you just had to throw the Grand Prix's in the mix."

It's not so much the Grand Prix's as the Grand Am drivers (just because they are about the cheapest cars on the road now). Although I find that both contain drivers that are the bottom of the barrel, mostly due to the immaturity of the drivers - your post doesn't do much to dispute this. Obviously, not EVERY SINGLE person driving one of these things is a bad driver. C'mon, you're better than that.

"Just for the record,like Xterra's, BMW's, and pretty much all other cars or trucks there is a wide range of performance and pricing in various lines."

Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but if it's that there are bad drivers of all cars - agreed. But there are more bad drivers in cheap cars.

"And why the hell do you "use 2 gallons of gas to keep up an keep 3 others form cutting you off"? You got a case of the small penis so I'll drive my slow truck harder than I should syndrome?"

I have to keep up so other cars don't cut in front of me and behind your wife who can't keep up with traffic! What's so hard to understand here?

As for any Pontiac being "high performance", I guess that is in the eye of the beholder. I will say that the only thing that compares to the screaming of a Pontiac engine at high speeds is the sound your wife makes when she rides my "small penis". [LOL]

#210014 - 16/09/03 08:48 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
My wife says "look out" whenever she sees someone coming / going by in an XTERRA! She says we drive like we are the only ones on the road. Really, around here, the dangerous ones are typically those in the dually pick-ups...They have the attitude that they are so fast. Go figure!!!

Oh, and my 55+yr old co-worker has a Grand Prix Supercharged Daytona 500 Pace Car model that he drives the heck out of...LOOK OUT! He was just talking about racing another guy here in his 350Z coming to work...Dusted that 350Z.

[Wave]

#210015 - 16/09/03 09:33 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
efras Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I never knew that having a Jesus fish on your car automatically made you a bad driver.

#210016 - 16/09/03 09:39 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
XmtbX00 Offline

Loc: Denver
Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:
He was just talking about racing another guy here in his 350Z coming to work...Dusted that 350Z.

[Wave]
The 350Z guy must not have a clue how to drive.

"the GTP scoots from 0-60 mph in an estimated 6.7 seconds"

#210017 - 16/09/03 09:45 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've never heard an engine say "is it in yet?" or "is it supposed to be so soft?"
:p

And I'll stand by the Pontiac being high performance. Unless it goes up against a Vette, Viper, or other high performance rear wheel drive car it smokes everything on the road (got to admit though I hate the amount of torque steering it produces when doing so)

Unlike the supercharger in my X the Pontiac's produces pure seat of the pants speed and acceleration when you go WOT. laugh

I missed your part about the drivers causing a gap first and then accelerating, I assure you my wife never leaves a gap...................... all you ever see is the ass end of her car getting smaller by the second.

PS Audit............ Thank you sooooooooooooo much for actually having a sense of humor and sending it right back, so much more fun than people who get seriously bent over the littlest things around here! [Wave]

#210018 - 16/09/03 09:46 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
Quote:
Originally posted by XmtbX00:
Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:
[b]He was just talking about racing another guy here in his 350Z coming to work...Dusted that 350Z.

[Wave]
The 350Z guy must not have a clue how to drive.

"the GTP scoots from 0-60 mph in an estimated 6.7 seconds"[/b]
0-60 in 6.7 seconds...That is not very quick in my mind at all. It is all relative to one's personal experience really.

They raced on the highway for some distance at speeds of up to 120 MPH. The guy with the 350 rold him later that he could not even keep up with him. I really would not know about the driving ability of that guy but my friend is of a lot of experience with older "hot rod" type cars from what we have talked about over the years.

[Wave]

#210019 - 16/09/03 09:50 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
OK, maybe off to the ALR with this thread then...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#210020 - 16/09/03 10:35 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

i never going to buy an other brand than nissaN or infiniti and from ford the famous mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!chevy never is a cheap car [Finger]

#210021 - 16/09/03 10:38 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a 2003 maxima 3.5 255hp is realy fast
800hp drag mustang
and the fantastic x terra that my wife drive [Argue]

#210022 - 16/09/03 11:02 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Ahh - the Shitstang fans have come out.

#210023 - 16/09/03 11:20 AM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
Anonymous
Unregistered

ohh sorry your wife don't let you buy another car poor boy please don't cry [Finger]

#210024 - 16/09/03 12:46 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
XmtbX00 Offline

Loc: Denver
So you drive a 20003 Xterra and a 4X2 is the only what you need? Sounds good to me.

#210025 - 16/09/03 01:20 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that his English is better than your Spanish.

#210026 - 16/09/03 02:08 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
number41 Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that his English is better than your Spanish.
That's not what he said, you ignorant wretch.

Small hands in third world countries make quality products.

#210027 - 16/09/03 02:24 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by number41:
Quote:
[b]I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that his English is better than your Spanish.
That's not what he said, you ignorant wretch.[/b]
Hmmmmmm.

So you drive a 20003 Xterra and a 4X2 is the only what you need? Sounds good to me.

Does that not appear to be a sarcastic attempt at fucking with him for his typing/language deficiencies ?

Well it did to me and I commented as such. Ignorant wench? Please explain. [Huh?]

#210028 - 16/09/03 02:37 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Ignorant wench? Please explain. [Huh?]
Main Entry: ig·no·rant
Pronunciation: 'ig-n(&-)r&nt
Function: adjective
Date: 14th century
1 a : destitute of knowledge or education ; also : lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified b : resulting from or showing lack of knowledge or intelligence

Synonym -- dumbass
------------------------------------------

Main Entry: wench
Pronunciation: 'wench
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wenche, short for wenchel child, from Old English wencel; akin to Old High German wankOn to totter, waver and probably to Old High German winchan to stagger -- more at WINK
Date: 14th century
1 a : a young woman : GIRL b : a female servant
2 : a lewd woman : PROSTITUTE wench

Synonym -- bitch-ho
---------------------------------------

Ergo . . .

Ignorant wench = dumbass bitch-ho . . .

Sounds like you all the way, Patrick . . . laugh

#210029 - 16/09/03 02:44 PM Re: My "Pontiac Grand Am Drivers" Theory
babyX Offline

Pardon me, but didn't he call you an ignorant wretch? 'Splain that one, Graham.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal