2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210044 - 04/09/03 10:13 AM Freedom Fries
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
I keep seeing all this mention of french fries being replaced by "freedom fries" - our newspapers are a bit old. Is this the case or what? If I get home and some kids asks me if I "want freedom fries with that", I'm likely to beat his ass. Why do people have to get so stupid about things? I hate people, especially those that can, but don't, and yet are quick to offer an opinion or do something stupid to make themselves feel like they are. If that doesn't make sense to you, think about the phrase, those that can, do. Those that's can't, teach. Those that can't teach, administrate.

#210045 - 04/09/03 10:19 AM Re: Freedom Fries
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
No, the freedom fries buzz has passed. That was just another MTV america fad. Don't worry. When are you coming home? Keep up the good work.

#210046 - 04/09/03 10:22 AM Re: Freedom Fries
GeorgiaXterra Offline

Loc: SXFC Home Office
Quote:
Originally posted by InfX708:
I hate people...
i hate you to [Finger]
(3) I'm looking for a good female, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?
(4) My Xterra made it on Nissans website
(5) "there's people like GeorgiaXterra, that ruins it for everyone else..." Originally posted by Rickster43 2003

#210047 - 04/09/03 10:47 AM Re: Freedom Fries
InfX708 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by GeorgiaXterra:
i hate you to [Finger]
You hate me to what? [Finger] [Finger] Wasn't sure anyone would catch my current view of the world. I need to isolate myself from the Iraqis for a bit. They aren't as bad when I don't have to deal with them. laugh

#210048 - 04/09/03 10:57 AM Re: Freedom Fries
InfX708 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
When are you coming home?
As soon as the "multinational force" shows up, hence my zealousness toward the UN getting off its ass and getting a mandate created. And you all thought it was my concern for a better world. Ha! My only concern, now that my girlfriend has decided that me being gone for six months would have been ok, but a year isn't going to work, is getting back to my X, oh, and seeing my family.

#210049 - 04/09/03 11:39 AM Re: Freedom Fries
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Sorry to hear about your girl, but she has showed her true colors. My wife (girlfriend for 2 deployments and 3 years apart) stood by me and we are better for it. If she couldn't handle the sacrifice of being apart, then she sure as hell couldn't have handled a serious relationship. At least your X will always be faithful, and by your side...unless it ever falls apart.

#210050 - 04/09/03 01:52 PM Re: Freedom Fries
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
The "Freedom Fries" thing happened a while back. The Congressional cafeteria in the Capitol building changed the name from french fries to "Freedom Fries" just to piss off France. The whole thing was stupid and a waste of time. A concrete bomb dropped on Jacque Chirac's head would have been better.

They didn't change the name in McD's or other fast food places if that is what you were wondering about.

#210051 - 04/09/03 01:56 PM Re: Freedom Fries
GeorgiaXterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
...and a waste of time....
just for kicks! how was it a waste of time?
(5) "there's people like GeorgiaXterra, that ruins it for everyone else..." Originally posted by Rickster43 2003

#210052 - 04/09/03 01:59 PM Re: Freedom Fries
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Quote:
[b]...and a waste of time....
just for kicks! how was it a waste of time?[/b]
Don't you think Congress has better uses of it's time?

#210053 - 04/09/03 02:00 PM Re: Freedom Fries
GeorgiaXterra Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]
Quote:
[b]...and a waste of time....
just for kicks! how was it a waste of time?[/b]
Don't you think Congress has better uses of it's time?[/b]
i'm not to sure. are you a congress man? i'd need to get that answer from someone sitting on congress.

greg

#210054 - 04/09/03 02:12 PM Re: Freedom Fries
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

i'm not to sure. are you a congress man?
Not yet. I'll let you know when I launch my campaign. I'm sure I can count on your support for a contribution. [Uh Oh !]

I'm no fan of France or the French... but don't you think it was a little silly?

#210055 - 13/09/03 02:34 AM Re: Freedom Fries
Strider Offline

Loc: Huntington, WV, USA
I thought this was pretty funny, I thought the whole "freedom fries" stuff was over, but I guess it takes a while for those cheese-heads to get it. The following is from a menu at "Julie's Cafe and Catering" in Green Bay, WI that my dad picked up while passing through there recently (he brought back several, he knew we would get a kick out of this):

"... Freedom Toast Countrystyle & Sausage"
"... Texas-cut Freedom Toast"
"... Stuffed Freedom Toast"
"... Freedom Toast Sticks"

Fortunately, the kids can still eat:

"... French Toast Stixs & Links"

I'm consider myself fortunate that I don't live in Wisconsin (I spent a year there one week) [Laughing]

#210056 - 13/09/03 02:35 AM Re: Freedom Fries
Strider Offline

Loc: Huntington, WV, USA
I thought this was pretty funny, I thought the whole "freedom fries" stuff was over, but I guess it takes a while for those cheese-heads to get it. The following is from a menu at "Julie's Cafe and Catering" in Green Bay, WI that my dad picked up while passing thru this week (he brought back several, he knew we would get a kick out of this):

"... Freedom Toast Countrystyle & Sausage"
"... Texas-cut Freedom Toast"
"... Stuffed Freedom Toast"
"... Freedom Toast Sticks"

Fortunately, the kids can still eat:

"... French Toast Stixs & Links"

I'm consider myself fortunate that I don't live in Wisconsin (I spent a year there one week) [Laughing]

#210057 - 14/09/03 04:36 AM Re: Freedom Fries
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
I have a little unique perspective on this...not the freedom fries thing, but the sentiments of some of the French/English I work with.

I was at lunch the other day with 2 Frenchmen and an Englishmen. The resturant had the TV tuned to one of the news stations. To make a long story short, I sat there listening to these Euro-fucks whining and bitching about how fucked up America was. How everything that was happening in the world was all the fault of America and the way we force our policies upon the world. and on and on... [Sleep]

I sat there staying quiet, I knew they were trying to get a rise out of me. The conversation led into a discussion about the military. I mentioned the fact America would be willing to die defending England or France if it came down to it and probably still would after all the negative bullshit they have done to the US recently. According to one of the Frenchmen, (who's a 21 year old and an idiot) they are tired of the US holding things like their liberation and the US defending them during WWI and WWII. "that was fifty + years ago, every time the USA wants a war they hold that over our heads...it's gotten old." That's why according to him why people justify going out and vandalizing the graves of the Americans who are buried in Normandy.

Once I had enough of this shit, I told them what a pack of blithering hypocrites they were. The Englishman, and one of the Frenchmen are working here, making good money, own nice cars, houses, boats, etc. Things that most europeans only dream about. They like living here, in this godforsaken terrible place, in utter luxury compared to what they had at home. (by their own reluctant admission)

I told all three of them, that they could go back if it were so terrible here. I also reminded them that the whole middle east began it's journey of hate just after the end of WWII, when the lines were drawn. They helped create this mess and now wanting to poo-poo the Americans because they think it's our responsibility to fix everything. US policy has caused the problem, according to them.

Must be nice to come here and enjoy the fruit of America, and bitch and complain about everything that's not to their liking.

The Frenchmen were looking forward to me taking them on a wheeling trip. I told both of them they could forget it. Why should I take them out and entertain them? To listen to a day full of that BS?

One other comment was made, he was quoting something he heard on French TV, "Americans are just like american cheese....cheap and artificial." So fuck-em. I ordered a serving of freedom fries with my lunch.... [Finger]

#210058 - 14/09/03 07:04 AM Re: Freedom Fries
Anonymous
Unregistered

F'ng Frogs.

#210059 - 15/09/03 02:00 PM Re: Freedom Fries
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
I think it's a good idea to keep calling it "French Fries" and the like... that way you can pretend you're biting the heads off of little traitorous Frenchmen!

#210060 - 17/09/03 08:42 PM Re: Freedom Fries
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
I think it's a good idea to keep calling it "French Fries" and the like... that way you can pretend you're biting the heads off of little traitorous Frenchmen!
LMAO! A Texas congresswoman has sent letters to Congress asking for everyone to change them back to French Fries and French toast. She thinks it will be a diplomatic gesture. I say bomb 'em, so England can have more parking and stuff. wink

#210061 - 17/09/03 08:57 PM Re: Freedom Fries
R&R LOPEZ Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs (Security)
Don't worry buddy that is just a Camp Virgina thing. Keep you head down and have a safe trip home whenever that is

FEAR NO ONE
RESPECT ALL

Life is but a Dream, Live it to its fullest!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal