shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210184 - 01/11/06 02:08 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerguy38:
I wonder how long it will be before the "blue man group" deletes this thread...
Hey -

Don't be insulting the Blue Man Group by associating them in any way with Calmini.

BMG rocks.

#210185 - 01/11/06 02:26 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
In all seriousness....how has this thread gone on this long?? CM going soft now that he's married or is there a new wind (ie: someone not renewing their sponsorship of the site) blowing in the air??
I have never been one to censor peoples thoughts about one vendor or another.

However since this post is not really here to start a conversation with Calmini I have moved it to the ALR.

#210186 - 01/11/06 04:14 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by XOC:
Quote:
Originally posted by spalind:
[b] In all seriousness....how has this thread gone on this long?? CM going soft now that he's married or is there a new wind (ie: someone not renewing their sponsorship of the site) blowing in the air??

However since this post is not really here to start a conversation with Calmini I have moved it to the ALR.[/b]
WOOOOWWW there are sooo many other thread here on XOC that are far far worse than this, yet they stay put.

good job admin, good job [ThumbsUp] or something.

I mean, he never said it was to start a conversation with Calmini, he posted a picture of him being pissed off at their products and you move it to ALR?

#210187 - 01/11/06 04:42 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

However since this post is not really here to start a conversation with Calmini I have moved it to the ALR.
actually it was directly addressed to Calmini. The title of this thread is "Thanks CALMINI."

He goes on to tell Calmini :
Quote:
Originally posted by WolfmanX:
For this stinky pile of bull dung...

My truck is finally free from this shoddy half-assed death trap you call a steering system. [ThumbsUp]

Woohooo! [LOL]
Maybe it was addressed to me but Wolfman accidentally called me CALMINI instead of my real name. laugh Honest mistake I guess.

#210188 - 01/11/06 05:02 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
[b]I know there is another company designing an SAS set up for the X, I know Im in no hurry. Ill just wait to see what the OTHER company comes up with. laugh
how SOON is this OTHER company gonna release it?
and HOW much MORE is this OTHER company gonna charge for it? if it cost more than calmini, then i will go with calmini.[/b]
Ya' know, I said that when I was looking at 3" suspension lifts 2 years ago. I said "why should I buy SLR if Calmini is cheaper?"

Yeah, well I learned my lesson the HARD way. Shitty unsafe steering system, crappy rusting T-bars that sag like my grandma's titties, UCA's that won't align in to spec because they wern't designed correctly, shackles that snap grade 8 bolts because they were desinged as a split unit vs. a solid unit like others, leaf springs that mis-aling themselves and have lost most lift, I could go on and on and on.....[/b]
hey, i feel your pain, but i think you missed the point. what im saying is if the slr 3" lift is the same in cost as the calmini SAS, why the fuck would i spend the same money to remain IFS?

#210189 - 01/11/06 05:25 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

SNAKE!!!!!!!!

#210190 - 01/11/06 05:41 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't really have a problem at this point with putting a Calmini SAS kit on my Xterra...for one reason, it's lack of options for a bolt on, ready to go kit. When someone puts out something cheaper, I'm sure others will get it, evaluate it, and make recommendations based on its quality and their experience with said "option for another SAS kit". I know of one guy that had a problem with the trac bar shearing off, and it caused him to roll his Frontier about 7 times on the highway...this is the same guy that's doing the swap for me, and I'm pretty sure he knows what to look for now from experience. He's done about 5 SAS projects now using Calmini's kit...those trucks are still shiny side up today.

There are things I'm not using from Calmini though because of repeated statements of disappointment in those products (i.e. rear springs packs, and front driveshaft). The front driveshaft I can have made for cheaper locally, and the leaf packs I have on my X now, which are custom, are going to get SOA'd to add the lift in the back. So, the back half of my X will be mostly SLR and Alcan, while the front half will have just the things it NEEDS from Calmini to make the SAS possible. I'm not going to wait for something else to come on the market...quite honestly, we don't know when that's going to happen and I'm in a place financially where it makes sense to do the SAS in January...who knows where I'll be months or years down the road...things change, and I'm not sure I'll have the money or time to spare at that point.

#210191 - 01/11/06 05:48 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
I know of one guy that had a problem with the trac bar shearing off, and it caused him to roll his Frontier about 7 times on the highway...
From what I've seen and heard it would be a good idea to put that bolt in double sheer. SLR has actually done one such modification on a truck for a young lady that was concerned about that bolt backing out.

(Hey, check out those welds!) laugh

#210192 - 01/11/06 05:57 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice welds. I tell you "if" SLR came out with an SAS kit Depending on a few variables they my be the way to go. laugh

#210193 - 01/11/06 06:52 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Trust me, I tried to get them to do so. Who knows, it could happen.

#210194 - 01/11/06 06:55 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll give you [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] for the welds but a double [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] for the safety wire job. That has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Would never fly in the Air Force.

#210195 - 01/11/06 07:01 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AV Xterra:
I'll give you [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp] for the welds but a double [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] for the safety wire job. That has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Would never fly in the Air Force.
It's also not going to fly... it's not a jet [Laughing]

#210196 - 01/11/06 07:02 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Trust me, I tried to get them to do so. Who knows, it could happen.
Call and talk to Spencer, he may be working on it. wink

#210197 - 01/11/06 07:18 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
Quote:
[b]I have never been one to censor peoples thoughts about one vendor or another.

actually it was directly addressed to Calmini. The title of this thread is "Thanks CALMINI."

Quote:

My truck is finally free from this shoddy half-assed death trap you call a steering system. [ThumbsUp]

Woohooo! [LOL]
Maybe it was addressed to me but Wolfman accidentally called me CALMINI instead of my real name. laugh Honest mistake I guess.[/b]
Calmini has not posted on this board in a very long time. I doubt that they would start back up by responding to a thread showing someone flipping off their stuff and posted in such a way to be nothing more than a slap in the face.

So for those of you bitching that it got moved to the ALR. Try posting something similar in fashion about 4x4parts or similar board and see how fast the post disappears and or you get banned.

[Finger]

#210198 - 01/11/06 07:25 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by skaggs396:
[b]
Quote:
[b]I have never been one to censor peoples thoughts about one vendor or another.

Quote:

Woohooo! [LOL]
Maybe it was addressed to me but Wolfman accidentally called me CALMINI instead of my real name. laugh Honest mistake I guess.[/b]
Calmini has not posted on this board in a very long time. I doubt that they would start back up by responding to a thread showing someone flipping off their stuff and posted in such a way to be nothing more than a slap in the face.

So for those of you bitching that it got moved to the ALR. Try posting something similar in fashion about 4x4parts or similar board and see how fast the post disappears and or you get banned.

[Finger] [/b]
Sure, why would Calmini need to stand behind their products. They sell enough to not have to care what the customers think.

#210199 - 01/11/06 08:38 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

God this has been covered so much. Get over it. I have had some problems with about every supplier out there. You dont see me bitching about it, I found another solution. Now everyone just get over it. [Finger]

#210200 - 01/11/06 09:51 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
God this has been covered so much. Get over it. I have had some problems with about every supplier out there. You dont see me bitching about it, I found another solution. Now everyone just get over it. [Finger]
It has huh? Hmmm I havn't seen it. I consider it performing a service to those who are unfortunate enough to think that cheaper is better. [Wave]

#210201 - 02/11/06 02:02 AM Re: Thanks CALMINI
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by airbornenurse:
Quote:
[b]Trust me, I tried to get them to do so. Who knows, it could happen.
Call and talk to Spencer, he may be working on it. wink [/b]
Must be working on something because it's not my headers that I ordered 3 months ago! Good thing I don't have the money to put them in yet or I'd come unglued! eek

#210202 - 02/11/06 03:21 AM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
This is the lamest ALR thread ever. Even lamer than Chia's shit.

You fucking assholes need to get your asses in gear. [Finger]

#210203 - 02/11/06 04:21 AM Re: Thanks CALMINI
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I think its because the discussion was not that heated, and the name calling in frustration that would normally occur when one side would not concede a point was not happening.

It really didn't even need to be moved...still pretty tame and under control, even here.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#210204 - 02/11/06 07:22 AM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

It wasn't a thread that was intended for the ALR, but since this is a last resort stop loss type of thread depository, it ended up here.

#210205 - 02/11/06 08:38 AM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Powerguy38 Offline

Loc: Greensburg, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fried Rice Mofo:

#210206 - 02/11/06 02:51 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Powerguy38:
Quote:
[b]This is the lamest ALR thread ever. Even lamer than Chia's shit.

[/b]
talk about de ja vu, i was just thinkin this morning about this thread and thought it would be funny if there was decal of calvin pissing on calmini.

[Spit]

#210207 - 02/11/06 03:54 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:

Shut the hell up ya mouth-breathing, gargoyle-looking, stubby-fingered freak.

#210208 - 02/11/06 08:58 PM Re: Thanks CALMINI
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Smith:
Shut the hell up ya mouth-breathing, gargoyle-looking, stubby-fingered freak.
I'll pass along the message to your mom, you fuckfaced cocksucking shitbag of a loser son. I thought you were going to do us the favor of killing yourself already! mad

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal