shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210275 - 29/05/03 08:00 PM If they can see it, they will steal it
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Thats what the police told me. Came home today, went to take the aluminum cans out(we recycle), found the barrel gone, short search, it's in the neighbors yard( only a 3' fence between, easy to see) all cans gone. Doubt he had anything to do with it, he's a feeble old man, never had a conversation with him as he can never can hear me (tried tonight, he's not home). After going to get dinner(priorities) called police to make a report, I'm not overly concerned with the cans but rather wanted it on record so if in the middle of some night I find some bastard in the yard and shoot him, it'll be on record that thefts had occured before(now 'he' was threatening me!!). Left the unlocked garage alone, bike, T.V. radio, misc crap worth more than cans all OK. What's this world coming to... oh well just needed to vent...
MV

#210276 - 29/05/03 08:08 PM Re: If they can see it, they will steal it
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Probably just some damn kids terrorizing the neighborhood.....would annoy the shit out of me also though!

#210277 - 29/05/03 08:32 PM Re: If they can see it, they will steal it
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
People will steal anything that is not tied down actually. Doesn't matter if it is in view or not. It is a sad world.

#210278 - 30/05/03 09:52 AM Re: If they can see it, they will steal it
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Ruger1022:
I'm not overly concerned with the cans but rather wanted it on record so if in the middle of some night I find some bastard in the yard and shoot him, it'll be on record that thefts had occured before([b]now 'he' was threatening me!!).[/b]
Kind of like on South Park:

"It's Comming Right for us!!" [Freak]

Xterra101.com

#210279 - 30/05/03 10:03 AM Re: If they can see it, they will steal it
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
My wife and I recently bought a bunch of plants and flowers from the local garden center. We placed them on our back patio to plant at a later date when the rain stopped. I got up one morning and they were all gone.

About a week later I drove by a "fixer upper" house in the neighborhood that is for sale. It is the one eyesore in our otherwise nice neighborhood. To my surprise I saw that our stolen plants and flowers had somehow ended up planted in front of this dump, I guess to give it some curb appeal or something.

To make a long story short....I took a shovel and wheelbarrow up there and dug them all back up. The owners were not home since it was "open house" day. The owner later apolgized and said his son told him he purchased them to spruce the house up a little. I told him son was a thief and a liar.

#210280 - 30/05/03 11:25 AM Re: If they can see it, they will steal it
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
In college, I ordered a free poster from Playboy.. it had a nice Bianci racing bike with a lovely topless model who's bicycle shorts were tastefully too short pictured on it. The tube the poster was supposed to come in must have had a return label with "Playboy" stamped on it, because "I never received it." After the Christmas break (months after I was supposed to have received it in the mail), I caught a glimpse of it on the wall of our athlete's dorm RA's room. The SAME RA who checks and distributes the mail.

He was a pencil neck geek who got the job through the campus jobs for students program. Derrik McAdoo, Cody Carlson, and myself knocked on his door one day told him, "Here's how this works... Give back the poster you stole, look the other way when we want to bring girls into our rooms, and generally keep your mouth shut around here and we won't report you for the felony of mail theft and we'll let you keep all of your permanent teeth.."

He was all, "I didn't take it, but you can have mine...."

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal