2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210738 - 01/05/04 04:09 PM Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

After having my tint on for 2 years i was finally pulled over for having "illegal" tint. 20% to match the backs. but whats funny is i pull up next to cops at night and you cant see in, do they care, no, but it took one state cop with a stick up his ass to pull me over for it, so back to why i wrote this, i just came back from the shop after having to take my tints off. 20% is back on, "illegal" or not.

#210739 - 01/05/04 05:52 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
I hope they double your fine next time DUMBASS!

-Rick

#210740 - 01/05/04 05:58 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well DUMBASS no fine, so up urs... [Finger]

#210741 - 01/05/04 06:08 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Why would someone be so proud of being an idiot that they would post about it here ?

#210742 - 01/05/04 06:19 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why do i get shit for something that almost everyone is doing, i guess to be original and not an idiot im gonna go buy a piece of metal that you hang on the front of your car, pay a outragous amount of money for it and say that it looks cool, not idiotic then hang some huge lights that i can only use when im 500 miles from a paved road. ps, my next mod is to raise my xterra so high that i can travel around the country with bigfoot crushing cars, drinking $1.00 beers and banging my sister while mom tapes it...you freain [Rainbow]

#210743 - 01/05/04 06:26 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
[Freak]

#210744 - 01/05/04 06:40 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow did that just come out of me, sorry had a brain fart, anyway, just i did it and 1/2 the people here do it too. xoc and rrdstar just seem to be on a power trip but whatever, loosen up and have some real fun, screw someone in ur X
my OHHH face
[Geek]

#210745 - 01/05/04 11:20 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
No you are gay...not a brain fart. You obviously have no care for the law and learned nothing from getting pulled over. So you are gay... [ThumbsDown]

#210746 - 01/05/04 11:55 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hope the same state trooper keeps pulling you over, day after day, giving you the same ticket every day. laugh

#210747 - 02/05/04 12:50 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Let me be the Nth to say:

I hope the same state trooper keeps pulling you over, day after day, giving you the same ticket every day.

No you are gay...not a brain fart.

and

Loser.

#210748 - 02/05/04 06:18 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is a sign for your passengers to carry,

#210749 - 02/05/04 08:08 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
uh well I have had 20% on my truck since the day I drove it off the lot. I installed it myself and am well aware that it is illegal. Never got a ticket and know where to go for inspections to not get hassled.

On the other hand I do have a huge piece of metal on the front of my truck, Lights I can only use 500 miles off road. I am still working on the car crushing thing.

To sum up all of you are gay for whining about tint. The original poster is gay for rippin on X's that actually go offroad. And you all suck.

Sincerely,
me.

#210750 - 02/05/04 01:19 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
XOC Offline
Admin

But Ivan, you don't come here and boast about how cool you are for having it, getting busted for it, then putting it on again just to beat the man...

#210751 - 02/05/04 01:32 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Even though he didn't pay a fine, he still paid for the new tint. He loses either way.

#210752 - 02/05/04 02:46 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Damn the man, Save the empire.

#210753 - 02/05/04 03:33 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

all of you are fucking morons and i hope you all crash and kill yourselfs and your passengers in your x!!! rot in hell you motherfuckers [Finger]

#210754 - 02/05/04 03:36 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
XOC Offline
Admin

I bet you have lots of friends.

#210755 - 02/05/04 03:38 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it to late to ban him Ian?

#210756 - 02/05/04 03:47 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
XOC Offline
Admin

I can't ban him, he used the [Finger]

#210757 - 02/05/04 03:49 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

the fine is if i didnt take it off was over $100 bucks, the tint shop that i go says that once you get the tint done there and if you have any problems they will remove the tint and reapply it after it is checked off by the police officer, so no it didnt cost me anything.

#210758 - 02/05/04 03:51 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

ban me? y is that? because i said something that you guys didnt agree with? is hitler running this forum? confused

#210759 - 02/05/04 04:41 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Black2002X:
all of you are fucking morons and i hope you all crash and kill yourselfs and your passengers in your x!!! rot in hell you motherfuckers [Finger]
I laughed.

#210760 - 02/05/04 04:46 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Wow, how mature... So, in a year we can expect your Xterra to have 5% tint on all windows; a big black tint strip at the top and bottom of the windshield, leaving a microthin strip of untinted window to see through; 22" wheels with ultra cool, ultra low profile tires, Altezza style tail lamps and windshield washer lights in neon green, and "slammed" on airbags to ease entry and exit into your APC equipped, once cool, but now rice-mobile.

Shoot yourself in the head with a .22 pistol and make some pea soup.

#210761 - 02/05/04 04:47 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah well im pretty creative, get to know me and you will learn what laughing really should be like...some people just cant take a joke, other can, some i care about and some i just love to poke and poke at until they use their "power" to ban me. hehe

#210762 - 02/05/04 04:52 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

See it seems that Eric is one of the ones who dont know how to take a joke and no i dont have a huge strip across the top and bottom of my car, gay ass tail lights, 22" no, im acutally putting bigger tires on my car, and 5% is too dark, the washer nozzles are gay and ILEGAL,lol, if you guys dont loosen up your gonna have some problems takign craps ur assholes are gonna get so tight. :p

#210763 - 02/05/04 05:41 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just out of curiosity, why do you feel it necessary to platently break the, have contempt for the law and use such language? Why would you be proud of such things?

#210764 - 02/05/04 05:53 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

not proud. but like i said i poke at people, using language in manner that i did made this become something that people actually took offense to when they shouldnt have, second, i do have respect for the law as well, but i ahve talked about this b4 and i have been next to other police officers and they didnt give a crap about how dark my windows were, if u have ever seen a x with 20% on the front you would know that its not that dark at all especially with a sunroof. when i do get pulled over for any reason the first thing that i do to help the officer in any way is to roll all the windows completely down. having tint on your windows doesnt make me a bad person, but make fun of me and i will show you what kind of person i can be. but please people live a little and learn to take jokes. oh and Square lights suck, ITS A JOKE!!!

#210765 - 02/05/04 05:58 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Weasel Offline

Loc: San Antonio
Hey dude most laws, while not all, have a good reason behind them.
The reason for the tint law is so when a cop does pull someone over some assclown cant be aiming an sawed off while he walks up.
I have limo and as dark as much as I can legally up front and it still looks sharp.
Just follow the law and eveything will be just fine
PS. Thanks for wishing all of our firey deaths on a truck forum.....thats real classy.

Me: Um, That's Dan Marino...

#210766 - 02/05/04 06:08 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like i said b4 every cop that i have takled to seen and pulled up next to didnt seem to mind my tints(20%),plus i do roll my windows down when i do get pulled over, i was acutally told by the officer one time "thanks for rolling your windows down it makes us approach the car much easier", i told him i do it all the time, and about the fire and death thing, that was just something out of the heat of the moment, to be honest i would love to get a 3inch lift on my truck, bigger tires ( which are coming) ive undercoated my car with 20 cans of 3M undercoat, changing my speakers putting in some dynamat, see i do things in here that everyone else does, XOC just pisses me off, "mr powertrip", but whatever, there are others in here who love to make their cars look great and not "RICEY", i dont like the rice look, ghetto look either, i just like to make my x look the best it can be, sound great and last me forever. plus i love to live life loose and have fun while im here. not worry about little things in life. smile

#210767 - 02/05/04 06:31 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

How hard is it to see out the back with 5%? Do you have extra reverse lights?

#210768 - 02/05/04 08:06 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any good officer tells the person they stopped to roll down the windows when they are tinted to dark to see into. That's nothing special. At night they even have them turn on the interior light to reverse the effect of the tint. The interior light prevents the violator from seeing out somewhat also. That tactic provides the officer with concealment.

Just because one trooper stopped you and no others have doesn't mean anything. How do you know they weren't involved in some other mission and you were the least of their priorities?

The laws on tinting are in place not only for police but, so you can see out safely. Believe it or not, the laws are there to protect people and that includes you. There is nothing like an attorney telling someone that the reason they pulled in front of his client and caused a collision wasn't only because they can't drive, they are in violation of the tint law and couldn't see either. Why brake the law and set yourself up for failure?

Look who can't take a joke. I say the word "Ban" and you start calling people Hitler. News flash, my family ancestory is German and I lived there too. I still have alot of family in Dusseldorf.

#210769 - 02/05/04 09:31 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
ban me? y is that? because i said something that you guys didnt agree with? is hitler running this forum? confused
From the TOS:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the XOC to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

#210770 - 03/05/04 12:12 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah! Laws are there for a reason...
aren't there laws against oral sex in some states? Which state has banned sex toys? Oh yeah and don't forget against those damn gay people getting married! Please! So if it was illegal to color outside the lines you guys would follow that too?

I don't agree with all tint restrictions. Some front tint is okay with me... helps against getting sunburn. I can see out of my rear windows just fine... and most of my driving is after sunset. If you have a hard time seeing out of your rear windows obviously you shouldn't even be driving after dark... common sense...

#210771 - 03/05/04 08:43 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Bobby_X Offline

Quote:
ps, my next mod is to raise my xterra so high that i can travel around the country with bigfoot crushing cars, drinking $1.00 beers and banging my sister while mom tapes it...you freain [Rainbow]
lol. It's always funny when people come and bitch about how much cops suck. It's always *AFTER THEY'VE BROKEN THE LAW!*

Hey it sucks your tint is illegal, but it is so face it.

#210772 - 03/05/04 09:19 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Like i said b4 every cop that i have takled to seen and pulled up next to didnt seem to mind my tints(20%),plus i do roll my windows down when i do get pulled over, i was acutally told by the officer one time "thanks for rolling your windows down it makes us approach the car much easier", i told him i do it all the time, and about the fire and death thing, that was just something out of the heat of the moment, to be honest i would love to get a 3inch lift on my truck, bigger tires ( which are coming) ive undercoated my car with 20 cans of 3M undercoat, changing my speakers putting in some dynamat, see i do things in here that everyone else does, XOC just pisses me off, "mr powertrip", but whatever, there are others in here who love to make their cars look great and not "RICEY", i dont like the rice look, ghetto look either, i just like to make my x look the best it can be, sound great and last me forever. plus i love to live life loose and have fun while im here. not worry about little things in life. smile
How about you invest in Hooked on Phonics instead of window tinting. I can't read your drivel.

#210773 - 03/05/04 12:28 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

everyone who posted on this topic except for the original bitch and moan are losers. Let him get it off his chest. I cant believe you even cared enough to write a bad reply. EVERY ONE OF YOU!! You dont have to worry about banning me. I can asure you, you will not see me post on here again if you guys are the more tenure folks on here! I would not associate myself with people like you Xterra Owner or not!

#210774 - 03/05/04 01:00 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Quote:
Originally posted by rustycg:
everyone who posted on this topic except for the original bitch and moan are losers. Let him get it off his chest. I cant believe you even cared enough to write a bad reply. EVERY ONE OF YOU!! You dont have to worry about banning me. I can asure you, you will not see me post on here again if you guys are the more tenure folks on here! I would not associate myself with people like you Xterra Owner or not!
Bye-bye!

-Rick

#210775 - 03/05/04 02:27 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I like tinted windows. The X is the first truck I've owned with privacy glass, and I love the fact that half the time, no one can see in those windows. I wish the two front side windows were the same tint. Cools the truck down, and keeps and air of mystery around it. Dark backpacks and other items blend in to the floor and seats, so the X looks empty in a dark parking lot to anyone walking by.
Besides, I'm not driving a fucking fishbowl. No one needs to see who I am, who I'm with, what I'm doing, or what I've got. I don't want ANY involuntary personal interaction with my fellow motorists. I want them to wonder if the person who just made that lane change is a 90 lb. female, or a gang of pipe-swingin' Samoans out to rape and pillage the countryside. If someone can size you up, the advantage may lie in their court; if they can't, they may not want to take their chances with the unknown.
It also increases the invisibility factor; if no one can see you, they can't make any assumptions about you. You're not a person; you're an automobile with no driver and no personality, no culpability, no accountability. No eye contact? Move on. There's shelter in that, and safety, for those who know how to use it.
As far as the cops go, if I get pulled over, they can ask me to roll them down. I'm not here for their safety, they're there for mine. If they wanna pull me over, let it be for something legit like a traffic violation, not because I look a certain way. Let them ogle someone else. Everybody knows profiling is effective, and in some ways it is, but when you're the one constantly getting profiled, and pulled over, and searched, and questioned, and detained, time after time it starts to make you a little pissed and a little paranoid. I've had this problem since I was able to drive, being of the racial persuasion that I am.
A few here may share my experiences, and can understand my reasoning. For those that don't, please keep your unqualified opinions about profiling to yourselves. I don't give a fuck about what the 38 year old white guy in the Lexus thinks about profiling; chances are he's never been on his stomach in a grease spot with a Beretta 92F shoved in his temple...six times in the past three years. And never been charged.
I can't say I'm too surprised at all the Ricky Ranger responses here. I'm reading "but a law is a law", and "you get what you deserve", and "the laws are there to protect people", but all I'm hearing is "Baaaa-Baaaaa!"
How's cop ass taste, anyway?

*This excludes all people who tint their windows too much to see out of. Those people are just plain stupid, and don't deserve to leave the house.

#210776 - 03/05/04 02:35 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahram:
*This excludes all people who tint their windows too much to see out of. Those people are just plain stupid, and don't deserve to leave the house.
Which is what 20% is at night, especially on the front side windows when trying to turn left at an intersection. We have 35% or something on the WRX, and I have to wind the window down to make a left turn because I can't see safely. I can see, but not safely, which is the issue here.

I do have poor night vision, but so does everyone because it's dark.

#210777 - 03/05/04 05:55 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fronts match the back so it is stock tint. (20%) i can see perfectly fine out of it at night. I have great vision. But finally someone understands why i started this in the first place, to get it off my chest. but some people take it a little to seriously like im gonna go rob a back or something because i tinted my windows. thanks rusty. [ThumbsUp]

#210778 - 03/05/04 06:08 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ban me? y is that? because i said something that you guys didnt agree with? is hitler running this forum?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the TOS:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use the XOC to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

and

rrdstarr
PNWX
2001 Solar Yellow
4 X 4 XE

posted May 01, 2004 06:52 PM

and

Paul Hartwig
HXOC-Security
2001 Super Black
4X4 XE 3 Pack

posted May 02, 2004 12:20 AM
No you are gay...not a brain fart. You obviously have no care for the law and learned nothing from getting pulled over. So you are gay...

and

Eric

2003 Silver Ice
4x4 SE
posted May 02, 2004 05:46 PM
Wow, how mature... So, in a year we can expect your Xterra to have 5% tint on all windows; a big black tint strip at the top and bottom of the windshield, leaving a microthin strip of untinted window to see through; 22" wheels with ultra cool, ultra low profile tires, Altezza style tail lamps and windshield washer lights in neon green, and "slammed" on airbags to ease entry and exit into your APC equipped, once cool, but now rice-mobile.

Shoot yourself in the head with a .22 pistol and make some pea soup.

Now your telling me i was calling people names, being hateful, be careful about what you typ, read all the words before you say anything. Thank you.

#210779 - 03/05/04 07:50 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
The problem has to do much more with your attitude than with your 20% tint. TO be honest, I would like my front windows to match too, but I know where I live I'd be pulled over within a week of having it done. Around here you don't even drive 5 MPH over the speed limit or you'll get pulled over. Not only that, but being able to see fine is one thing, but being able to see better could save yours or someone elses life. I have no interest in replacing my tint constantly just so I can look "cool!"

Anyway, if you want to keep replacing your tint that's your business, but don't come on here with a bad attitude about being stopped for it when it's illegal. If it weren't illegal and you got stopped for it then it would be different and you would have reason to bitch. You know the law and you chose to break it. Be a man and accept responsibility!

#210780 - 03/05/04 10:52 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
I do have poor night vision, but so does everyone because it's [b]dark.[/b]
Well Ian, at least everyone in your age category.

I've heard bi-focals help wink

#210781 - 04/05/04 05:51 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
This thread reminds me of the ones I see start about every other week on the 350Z boards when someone feels the need to vent about being pulled over for not having the front license plate displayed. I think someone even tried to start an online petition to have the law rescinded in California.

#210782 - 04/05/04 10:34 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Why would someone be so proud of being an idiot that they would post about it here ?
He may have used poor judgement, in your opinion, but how do you know he's an idiot? I haven't seen the man's tint job, but perhaps it doesn't affect his vision in the way others have suggested. He claims it matches the tint in the back windows. I can see through my rear tint just fine, even at night. I think the fuckers eating McDonalds while talking to aunt Martha on the cell are much more dangerous than someone with a little extra tint.........

#210783 - 04/05/04 11:15 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Susy,
What did the cops tell you their reason was was for holding a gun to your head? I don't think cops just pull people over and get them out of a car with guns out unless there is a good reason.

The statement was made earlier, everyone hates the cops when they get pulled over but, when they need the cops, they don't hesitate to call. If people hate the cops, why call them. You have to talk to them then.

#210784 - 04/05/04 07:07 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

im glad people are realizing that i dont hate cops, i never have, and the only reason that i started this thread was to talk about my day. but then there is always those who are above us all and turn something that was suppose to be informative and funny into something blown way out of propotion. [ThumbsUp]

#210785 - 05/05/04 06:50 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby_X:
lol. It's always funny when people come and bitch about how much cops suck. It's always *AFTER THEY'VE BROKEN THE LAW!*
So two guys get pulled over by a state trooper. The trooper walks up to the driver and smacks him in the head. The driver asks why he did that, and the trooper answers "That's for not having your license and registration out and ready for me by the time I got to the car". The trooper then walks around the car and smacks the passenger in the head. The passenger asks why he did that, and the trooper answers "That's for when after you leave and get a mile up the road and say - Man, I wish he'd have tried that shit on me!"

#210786 - 05/05/04 04:06 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Laughing]

#210787 - 05/05/04 07:04 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

lmao now thats funny

#210788 - 06/05/04 06:48 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
I don't know how dark the tint is I put on my Xterra in 1999. Fairly dark in front.

I have light sensitve eyes with excellent night vision, so maybe that's why I don't have a problem seeing out of it. It's probably not 20%.

I do live in Arizona, and the sun burns bright even at night, or so it seems.

If a cop pulls someone over SOLELY for tint, in my book that cop's an ass, sorry Paul. I see vehicles all day that are so black up front you can see nothing.......so maybe Arizona has a different law. I do notice that cars with midwestern plates have NO tint, not even the back and sides. We consider that strange.

#210789 - 06/05/04 09:40 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
storm2175 Offline

Loc: Sanford N.C.
Quote:
I do have poor night vision, but so does everyone because it's dark.
damn ian,you wear glasses right? i thought you could look at a map and see people wavin. [Wave]

#210790 - 07/05/04 07:52 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:

If a cop pulls someone over SOLELY for tint, in my book that cop's an ass, sorry Paul. I see vehicles all day that are so black up front you can see nothing.......so maybe Arizona has a different law. I do notice that cars with midwestern plates have NO tint, not even the back and sides. We consider that strange.
Probably true. Most western states have tent limitations not restrictions. Illinois allows no tint whatsoever on the front passenger and driver side windows. Different states.

I agree with pulling people only for tint being as ass. I don't as I think it is petty. Now if I happen to stop someone for something else and they happen to be an ass hole to me then I might include that in the paperwork I give them. Most likely not though just a warning. I do not stop people for stuff I do to my truck as that would. I don't have tint but am running without a front plate now so I don't stop people for that. Etc..

#210791 - 07/05/04 10:03 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
In jersey it is illegal to have the three front (windshield, front doors) windows tinted dark. Not sure what the legal limit is.

They pull people over pretty often for it. Especially ricers who use the real dark stuff. I can see the point, they want to be able to see in your car etc etc.

#210792 - 07/05/04 03:34 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother. and to add, the cop pulled me over just for my tints and nothing else.

#210793 - 07/05/04 04:27 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Claus Offline

Quote:
now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother. and to add, the cop pulled me over just for my tints and nothing else.
if it is illegal he is within his good rights to do so, you break the law you pay..easy peasy enough for you?

#210794 - 07/05/04 05:10 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

He has better things to do other than to stop me because i want to block the sun from hitting me and making my car look better. now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.

#210795 - 07/05/04 06:35 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
mmUTK Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
I've done it before. eek

#210796 - 07/05/04 11:51 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
Great post mmUTK. smile

Back to the topic, I would love to tint my front windows.
Does it look nice? Yes. (My opinion of course)
Does it serve a purpose? Arguably, but yes.
Is it contradictory to state law? Yes.
Are there other violations that should be addressed prior to tint violations? Of course.
Will I tint my windows? No.

My brother-in-law is a city cop and said most likely I would not be bothered for it. Ah, the advantages of living in a rural area.

Black, I can understand your frustration, but if that same cop pulls you over, you may regret your decision to retint right away.

-Jeremy

#210797 - 09/05/04 08:53 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
"easy peasy Japanesy"- now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.

Shawshank Redemption

Quote:
now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother.
Eat shit Dickweed. [Finger]

[Wave]

#210798 - 09/05/04 08:57 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^^^Bwahahahahaha!^^^^

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#210799 - 09/05/04 10:20 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by SRTMO:
Any good officer tells the person they stopped to roll down the windows when they are tinted to dark to see into. That's nothing special. At night they even have them turn on the interior light to reverse the effect of the tint. The interior light prevents the violator from seeing out somewhat also. That tactic provides the officer with concealment.
Actually it’s the law here in GA that when pulled over after dark that you have to roll down the windows, turn on interior lights, and turn off the ignition.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#210800 - 09/05/04 05:16 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.
Brooks said it to Andy at the conclusion of his "dime tour" of the Shawshank Prison library.

#210801 - 11/05/04 01:23 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Ski_Patrol_Guy Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
He has better things to do other than to stop me because i want to block the sun from hitting me and making my car look better. now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.
Lock stock and two smoking Barrels.

#210802 - 12/05/04 06:09 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

at least some people in here watch good movies. i tinted my tv screen because the glare was really bad. [Finger]

#210803 - 12/05/04 06:10 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also put 20" crome spinning casters on the tv stand. Dickweed!!! [Finger]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal