2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210788 - 06/05/04 06:48 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Stone4x4 Offline

Loc: Chandler AZ
I don't know how dark the tint is I put on my Xterra in 1999. Fairly dark in front.

I have light sensitve eyes with excellent night vision, so maybe that's why I don't have a problem seeing out of it. It's probably not 20%.

I do live in Arizona, and the sun burns bright even at night, or so it seems.

If a cop pulls someone over SOLELY for tint, in my book that cop's an ass, sorry Paul. I see vehicles all day that are so black up front you can see nothing.......so maybe Arizona has a different law. I do notice that cars with midwestern plates have NO tint, not even the back and sides. We consider that strange.

#210789 - 06/05/04 09:40 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
storm2175 Offline

Loc: Sanford N.C.
Quote:
I do have poor night vision, but so does everyone because it's dark.
damn ian,you wear glasses right? i thought you could look at a map and see people wavin. [Wave]

#210790 - 07/05/04 07:52 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Originally posted by Stone4x4:

If a cop pulls someone over SOLELY for tint, in my book that cop's an ass, sorry Paul. I see vehicles all day that are so black up front you can see nothing.......so maybe Arizona has a different law. I do notice that cars with midwestern plates have NO tint, not even the back and sides. We consider that strange.
Probably true. Most western states have tent limitations not restrictions. Illinois allows no tint whatsoever on the front passenger and driver side windows. Different states.

I agree with pulling people only for tint being as ass. I don't as I think it is petty. Now if I happen to stop someone for something else and they happen to be an ass hole to me then I might include that in the paperwork I give them. Most likely not though just a warning. I do not stop people for stuff I do to my truck as that would. I don't have tint but am running without a front plate now so I don't stop people for that. Etc..

#210791 - 07/05/04 10:03 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
In jersey it is illegal to have the three front (windshield, front doors) windows tinted dark. Not sure what the legal limit is.

They pull people over pretty often for it. Especially ricers who use the real dark stuff. I can see the point, they want to be able to see in your car etc etc.

#210792 - 07/05/04 03:34 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother. and to add, the cop pulled me over just for my tints and nothing else.

#210793 - 07/05/04 04:27 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Black2002X:
now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother. and to add, the cop pulled me over just for my tints and nothing else.
if it is illegal he is within his good rights to do so, you break the law you pay..easy peasy enough for you?

#210794 - 07/05/04 05:10 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

He has better things to do other than to stop me because i want to block the sun from hitting me and making my car look better. now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.

#210795 - 07/05/04 06:35 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
mmUTK Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Why would someone be so proud of being an idiot that they would post about it here ?
I've done it before. eek

#210796 - 07/05/04 11:51 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
FinallyAnXer Offline

Loc: Bradford, PA
Great post mmUTK. smile

Back to the topic, I would love to tint my front windows.
Does it look nice? Yes. (My opinion of course)
Does it serve a purpose? Arguably, but yes.
Is it contradictory to state law? Yes.
Are there other violations that should be addressed prior to tint violations? Of course.
Will I tint my windows? No.

My brother-in-law is a city cop and said most likely I would not be bothered for it. Ah, the advantages of living in a rural area.

Black, I can understand your frustration, but if that same cop pulls you over, you may regret your decision to retint right away.

-Jeremy

#210797 - 09/05/04 08:53 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
"easy peasy Japanesy"- now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.

Shawshank Redemption

Quote:
now this is much better. this thread started to calm downd and people are talking not yelling at eachother.
Eat shit Dickweed. [Finger]

[Wave]

#210798 - 09/05/04 08:57 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

^^^^Bwahahahahaha!^^^^

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#210799 - 09/05/04 10:20 AM Re: Just came back from the shop
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by SRTMO:
Any good officer tells the person they stopped to roll down the windows when they are tinted to dark to see into. That's nothing special. At night they even have them turn on the interior light to reverse the effect of the tint. The interior light prevents the violator from seeing out somewhat also. That tactic provides the officer with concealment.
Actually it’s the law here in GA that when pulled over after dark that you have to roll down the windows, turn on interior lights, and turn off the ignition.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#210800 - 09/05/04 05:16 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.
Brooks said it to Andy at the conclusion of his "dime tour" of the Shawshank Prison library.

#210801 - 11/05/04 01:23 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Ski_Patrol_Guy Offline

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Quote:
He has better things to do other than to stop me because i want to block the sun from hitting me and making my car look better. now if you can tell me what movie i got that quote from i will be impressed.
Lock stock and two smoking Barrels.

#210802 - 12/05/04 06:09 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

at least some people in here watch good movies. i tinted my tv screen because the glare was really bad. [Finger]

#210803 - 12/05/04 06:10 PM Re: Just came back from the shop
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also put 20" crome spinning casters on the tv stand. Dickweed!!! [Finger]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal