shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210882 - 21/09/03 05:53 PM Re: So I pissed everyone off... again...
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by lttljess:
hair and nail appointments? oh thats rich [LOL] I dont wear makeup and I dont get my hair done what a waste of money. I simply like to go fast. I like eating meat too for that matter. I go below the required speed when there are actually kids about. Often however those lights flash long after the after school kids have gone home and schools been out for over an hour. But point taken.
You're a poster child for a selfish society. "I simply like to go fast" - and to hell with everyone else. It's all about you. Have to ask - do you tailgate, too? :rolleyes:

#210883 - 21/09/03 09:25 PM Re: So I pissed everyone off... again...
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
Quote:
hair and nail appointments? oh thats rich [LOL] I dont wear makeup and I dont get my hair done what a waste of money. I simply like to go fast. I like eating meat too for that matter. I go below the required speed when there are actually kids about. Often however those lights flash long after the after school kids have gone home and schools been out for over an hour. But point taken.
I was going to say something. Then I saw your from Omaha. that explained it.
[Huh?] eek [Laughing] [LOL] [Spit]
Dan

#210884 - 22/09/03 12:01 AM Re: So I pissed everyone off... again...
mil1982 Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
If your going to not stop at least don't go to the far left turn lane and block up that side of the street. I had some moron do that when I was running code 3 in my ambulance. Luckly the light changed and he moved out of my way before I got to the intersection

#210885 - 22/09/03 08:50 AM Re: So I pissed everyone off... again...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
I go below the required speed when there are actually kids about. Often however those lights flash long after the after school kids have gone home and schools been out for over an hour. But point taken.
Those lights flash longer than school hours for a reason. Disabled kids take longer to get out and get home... special needs kids are often at school after hours, kids have music practice, detention, etc.. there's LOT'S of reasons why the lights continue to flash. The "I slow down when kids are about" argument doesn't hold water. Kids come from out of NOWHERE. They don't come across the recess field with a flashing light and a bullhorn announcing their intention to cross the street. Their little bodies are standing behind a tree or something waiting to dart out and chase a squirrel or a toy or a ball or whatever. If you're doing 40 and stand on the brakes, you'll kill the kid before you ever stop. Just slow the F down.

In MN there is ALWAYS a cop on both ends of most school zones. My radar detector screams like a banshee when I come close to one and we all file in like 20mph baby duckies. I go through one when I take a certain route to work and I clocked myself through it this morning. 93 seconds.

If the 40 seconds you save by speeding through there is worth the life of a child, you need to find another route!

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#210886 - 25/09/03 05:08 PM Re: So I pissed everyone off... again...
Ruger1022 Offline

Loc: Visalia, CA
Also slightly annoying to slow down for a school that happens to be a high school, and have to students get pissed at you...
MV

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal