shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210964 - 29/07/03 11:26 AM We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
My wife and I are discussing a vasectomy. It was her idea actually, but I was glad to hear her bring it up. We share the same feelings about kids and that is, we adore them and spoil the ones we're related to, but we don't want kids of our own.

So why do I feel like I should apologize to people who ask, "Why aren't you guys pregnant yet?"

Maybe its a Minnesota thing (this is the most fertile state I've ever seen). People are actually aghast (and sometimes they're actually angry) that we don't want children. One woman (at church, no less) actually told us we shouldn't waste God's gift of fertility and we should have children and put them up for adoption since there are so many would-be parents out there who want healthy babies.

What the fuck?

We don't want kids. Its our business, its our decision, leave us alone.

(Except for you Nord, you still owe me $50 because we WEREN'T pregnant by whatever time you predicted we'd be!)

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#210965 - 29/07/03 11:33 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Congratulations for helping with the world population problem.
You wont be getting a tax credit for helping out though laugh

If you do decide you want them in the future, just adopt.

#210966 - 29/07/03 11:35 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Get a vasectomy if you want. I had one, it's not bad. Who cares what others think. Tell people at church that if God wants you and your wife to have children, a vasectomy isn't going to stop him from making it happen. laugh They'll have no choice but to scratch their heads and say, "Yea, I guess you're right." wink

#210967 - 29/07/03 11:41 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Well its reversable so if you will want them - you can walk back.

#210968 - 29/07/03 11:51 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

Yea, they're reversible and they're not 100% effective. I've got two kiddos, love them more than life itself, but would consider having a second and third vasectomy just to make sure no "accidents" occur. laugh
My wife tells me since my vasectomy that I have a "License to Thrill." eek

#210969 - 29/07/03 11:58 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chato:
Yea, they're reversible and they're not 100% effective. I've got two kiddos, love them more than life itself, but would consider having a second and third vasectomy just to make sure no "accidents" occur. laugh
Since you are so potent you should ensure that you wash your underwear seperate. [LOL]

#210970 - 29/07/03 12:04 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
PNUT,

You are right about MN, as soon as I got married, every relative/friend/stranger asked when we were going to have kids. We waited 3yrs. I love my daughter more than life itself, but sometimes I wonder what it would be like without kids. Your life as you know it comes to a screeching halt the minute that kid comes oozing out! laugh

I know you listen to KQ, I would think you would be scared shitless to get the old snip, snip. [Huh?] [Freak]

#210971 - 29/07/03 12:19 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
PNUT,

You are right about MN, as soon as I got married, every relative/friend/stranger asked when we were going to have kids. ...

I know you listen to KQ, I would think you would be scared shitless to get the old snip, snip. [Huh?] [Freak]
Its absolutely insane. After our wedding, people started giving us their baby stuff. We got two strollers, 5 car seats, a crib, and some baby clothes. It was nuts. We'd say, "Honestly, we don't need this stuff... we're not planning on having kids" and they would INSIST on shoving the stuff into my truck saying, "trust me, you'll thank me someday." Whatever. We probably banked 100 bucks selling all that shit in a garage sale.

As far as the nut jobs calling KQ (no pun intended), I'm hoping that they represent the same small percentage of the population that doesn't follow their doctor's instructions.... HOPING!

#210972 - 29/07/03 12:48 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
ashleynatlanta Offline

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Well, I have one, and love her so much I can't believe it myself. But as for more, why bother? I don't understand why some people think all life is for is to get married, and shit out kids the rest of their life. That is not the purpose of life. I enjoy the time I get in the outdoors, on my bicycle, passed out drunk, and doing other fun "fatherly" things.

I don't see any reason to go on a personal crusade to populate the world with the fruit of my loins. And I stress "fruit".

Good choice PNUT. But if you decide to have them, or adopt them, good for you as well. Best wishes.

#210973 - 29/07/03 12:52 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
What about your wife having her tubes tied? That way if you ever did decide to have kids, all they have to do is undo the knot and inject your baby batter right up in there. I thought I read somewhere that having the tubes untied is easier than trying to reverse a vasectomy- that is if you ever thought you might want kids. If you are 100% sure then grab a bag of frozen peas snip away.

#210974 - 29/07/03 01:01 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
[b]Yea, they're reversible and they're not 100% effective. I've got two kiddos, love them more than life itself, but would consider having a second and third vasectomy just to make sure no "accidents" occur. laugh
Since you are so potent you should ensure that you wash your underwear seperate. [LOL] [/b]
LMAO...My wife tells me the same thing! laugh
And for those of you that may get the snip snip in the future, not only should you grab the frozen peas, make sure you use a sharp razor to shave first. Razor burn down there's hell. [Geek]

#210975 - 29/07/03 01:10 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
What about your wife having her tubes tied?
Somehow, after watching her take a pill every morning for the past 10 years... it only seems fair that I undergo some form of torture.

#210976 - 29/07/03 01:23 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
aquamander Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Ga.
Ahhh yes Vasectomy. What an adventure that is. I have my two sons, and I love them very much but my house is structurely incapable of handling anymore!! laugh

It's your business dude,so do what suits you and screw other peoples opinions. Sounds like your wedding was more of a baby shower. That's not fair of people to put that kind of pressure on you and the wife IMO. If they want more kids, give that stuff to them.

I had a vasectomy about 5 years ago and I've never had any ill effects from it. Just think PNUT, you will be like a Sunkist orange, all juice and no seed baby!!! laugh

And your wife can get off the birth control crap she's putting in her body.

#210977 - 29/07/03 01:23 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Somehow, after watching her take a pill every morning for the past 10 years... it only seems fair that I undergo some form of torture.
Ah. Say no more. smile

#210978 - 29/07/03 01:26 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Cygnus-X1:
What about your wife having her tubes tied? That way if you ever did decide to have kids, all they have to do is undo the knot and inject your baby batter right up in there. I thought I read somewhere that having the tubes untied is easier than trying to reverse a vasectomy- that is if you ever thought you might want kids. If you are 100% sure then grab a bag of frozen peas snip away.
That doesn't work as well, since they don't tie them, they cut them, then staple the ends closed.

Leslie had this done since I am a wimp when it comes to surgery and am the last sperm donor in my family line.

It's reversible, but not an easy procedure.

#210979 - 29/07/03 01:32 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

The worst part of the vasectomy is being spread eagle, naked, with your legs in the air while a man's head is between your legs and tugging on your sack. [Crybaby]
The procedure itself didn't take 20 minutes though, and there was no pain...only "discomfort."
Try not to get an erection though while the doc is down there. [Laughing]

#210980 - 29/07/03 02:01 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
Quote:
Try not to get an erection though while the doc is down there.
That is the funniest thing I have heard. Albeit true though. [Spit]

#210981 - 29/07/03 02:44 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
bennet Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
The worst part of the vasectomy is being spread eagle, naked, with your legs in the air while a man's head is between your legs and tugging on your sack. [Crybaby]
The procedure itself didn't take 20 minutes though, and there was no pain...only "discomfort."
So what's worse? A vasectomy or a colonoscopy?

I've had the latter. A man tugging on your sack or a man shoving a snake up your ass? Jeez, it was ugly.

#210982 - 29/07/03 03:04 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
You will never satisfy others.

If you are single, they will pester you with "when are you gonna get a girlfriend?". Ok, now you have a girlfriend, sooo.... "when are you gonna get married?"... ok... so you get married, Now it becomes, "So, when are you gonna have kids?". The kids come, ... .. "So when are you gonna retire?" Then you retire... What's left...??? "So when you gonna die?" laugh

#210983 - 29/07/03 03:08 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
As far as the whole church thing...

I have friends who belong to a very conservative southern baptist church (in California). Their Pastor believes in "God's work in reproduction". They encourage married couples to not use birth control, since birth control hinders God's work. :rolleyes:

Their Pastor has 7 kids. Many of the leaders in the church also have many kids. All the newlyweds get pregnant within the first few months of marriage.

Note: This is an extreme view that a very few number of Christians believe. I am not one of them.

#210984 - 29/07/03 03:19 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
The worst part of the vasectomy is being spread eagle, naked...
That alone was too much info... [Uh Oh !]
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#210985 - 29/07/03 04:10 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I wouldn't worry about what others think. Like someone else said, family and friends are always going to pester you about soemthing. I'm single with no intention of ever getting married...ever! I have no desire to be married and no desire to have kids. Imagine what it's like for me! I have noticed that I get asked less and less often...I guess they eventually tired of asking the same questions over and over every Christmas!

Christians who suggest you have babies just because you can are stupid! If they think God wants people to have unwanted children they are sick! Besides, there are already more than enough children who need homes; why add more? :rolleyes: Plus, just because someone wants to adopt a child doesn't meant hey can and I would hate to think my child could be adopted by a psycho.

#210986 - 29/07/03 04:33 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bennet:
Quote:
[b]The worst part of the vasectomy is being spread eagle, naked, with your legs in the air while a man's head is between your legs and tugging on your sack. [Crybaby]
So what's worse? A vasectomy or a colonoscopy?

I've had the latter. A man tugging on your sack or a man shoving a snake up your ass? Jeez, it was ugly.[/b]
Oh crap Bennett, you've got me beat there. I'd much rather have a man tugging on my sack! smile
Now during a colonoscopy would REALLY be a bad time to get an erection! [Laughing]

#210987 - 29/07/03 05:48 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Way to go PNUT. I've gone as far as to talk to my doctor and those insurance pricks about this, but they tell me it wouldn't be covered because of my age?

WTF! I'm NEVER gonna want to have children, so why don't you help a brotha out so I won't have to be so paranoid whenever I get a little juice on a chickadoos tummy!

Oh well, back to unleashing my cream tadpoles on the foreheads of the very fortunate. Me rikey Bukake.

[Finger]

#210988 - 29/07/03 09:24 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
I can kinda understand the desire to not have kids.

I would still like to someday...

for those on the non-kid side of the fence:

http://www.weightlessdog.com/

He has several kid-free links....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal