shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#210989 - 30/07/03 01:18 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Ken, first off props to you and your wife for realizing you don't want children and aren't going to have one for shits and giggles(no pun intended).

I've got 3(two stepdaughters and my 2 week old daughter) and they are a pain in the ass. laugh But they're a bundle of fun and I love 'em to death. For me, it was the right choice. Now the wife, on the other hand........ [LOL]

Do what you two think is right. I have looked into it somewhat, as we've been discussing having one more in the future(4 or 5 years) then ending it permanantly. My wife seems to be extremely fertile(3 kids in 3 1/2 years) so we don't know what to do yet. But I'm willing to take the leap when we get there.

Should be no sweat for me. When you've seen your internal organs displayed right in front of you via camera, not much else can turn your stomach. My mother in law damn near lost her cookies during my wife's C-section, I barely flinched.

#210990 - 30/07/03 06:13 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
mmUTK Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Why not just put your wife on the depo shot?

It is damn near 99% effective, and if you want to have kids just have her stop taking it. Just one shot every 6 mos. It decreases menstrual cramps and blood loss--after 1 year of use 50% of women will no longer even get their period.

#210991 - 30/07/03 07:32 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by mmUTK:
Why not just put your wife on the depo shot?
Because my wife is a human being with thoughts and feelings, and she prefers not to. Dude, its not like I can "put my dog on a diet" here... its my WIFE we're talking about. "Honey, I'm puttin you on a depo shot, so git your ass in the truck!"

We want 100% Not 98... not 99... not with hormone shots with side effects (especially with side effects like weight gain), ONE HUNDRED PERCENT.

I'm not "afraid" of the procedure (still waiting to hear if I'm covered by insurance), and I certainly don't give a rip what other people think, I just think its hilarious that people are nervous about asking you SOME things (like "what did you pay for that truck?" or "what kind of deal did you get on the lot for your house?") but they're TOTALLY in your face when it comes to YOUR OBLIGATION to make babies.

Personally, I think the "hurry up and get married" or "hurry up and have kids" mentality is perpetuated by those who want you to join their misery. They'll have someone to "feel their pain" over a beer (if they ever have the time).

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#210992 - 30/07/03 10:13 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Personally, I think the "hurry up and get married" or "hurry up and have kids" mentality is perpetuated by those who want you to join their misery.
This is the story of my life. I will be 27 in two weeks, have a fantastic career, own my own condo, have a freelancing business on the side, and yet, my mother and father think my life is empty because I am not married.

Being a Palestinian American doesn't help either. The typical Palestinian woman gets married and has a plethora of children. This is the so-called "perfect" way to live. :rolleyes:

It sucks trying to fight that standard, but I won't ever give up. When it happens, it happens. I am not going to do anything just to please everyone else.

You shouldn't either.

PNUT, don't have kids. Did you ever read the story I posted called "The Childless Couple"? I keep a copy of it in my wallet. You should too!

#210993 - 30/07/03 01:05 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightX:
Being a Palestinian American doesn't help either. The typical Palestinian woman gets married and has a plethora of children. This is the so-called "perfect" way to live. :rolleyes:

Like I told you a few months back, if you would just use deoderant you might have better luck with that marriage thing. All you're attracting now is flies and vultures looking for a carcass of some kind.

Just a thought.

[Wave]

#210994 - 30/07/03 01:18 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
lemsip Offline

Loc: Lakewood, CO
Vasectomy should be covered by insurance because its cheap and quick and potentially saves thousands in labor/delivery costs.

I must be unlucky because my vasectomy hurt like hell. The first needle makes be cringe today, but the three months of dull ache was far worse. It did finally stop hurting much to my relief.

#210995 - 30/07/03 02:10 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Chato Offline

Loc: Orange, Tx
Mine was 100% covered by insurance. As a matter of fact, I thought they (my insurance) were going to send me a thank you letter for having it done, rather than go through the exenses of birth. Seems like most insurance companies will pay for it. Seriously, I didn't have to pay a penny.
Man, three months of dull ache? Three months?!?! Geez, I felt like I had blue balls for about two weeks, but that was it. Yea, the first needle stung a little, you know, that initial "prick" (hee hee, pun intended laugh ). After that, what hurt most was my pride from having a dude between my legs fingering me. I mean, it was nice for a while, but it got old. eek

Just kidding laugh

#210996 - 30/07/03 02:37 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PrimaryXtc:
All you're attracting now is flies and vultures looking for a carcass of some kind.

Just a thought.

[Wave]
Yea. The kind that like to
Quote:
get a little juice on a chickadoos tummy!

#210997 - 30/07/03 02:51 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
PrimeX Offline

Yeah, if you only knew Ken.

Midnight ain't lookin to healthy there, is she?

#210998 - 30/07/03 04:33 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Quote:
Yeah, if you only knew Ken.

what the fuck thats sick!!!!! dont even want to think about whats down low [Crybaby]

#210999 - 30/07/03 05:17 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterra Kid 2003:
Quote:
[b]Yeah, if you only knew Ken.

what the fuck thats sick!!!!! dont even want to think about whats down low [Crybaby] [/b]
Oh, you want some of that? Well here ya go...

http://www.fototime.com/98D307A6C905D84/standard.jpg

Click the link, as I don't wanna get any people at work in trouble by posting the pic without a warning.

#211000 - 30/07/03 06:32 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
MidnightX Offline

Loc: Jacksonville, Florida
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#211001 - 31/07/03 09:12 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
off2cjb Offline

I see no problem with it. If you two don't want kids, then don't have kids. Absolutely nothing to worry about. Just cause your a man, and she's a woman, don't feel the need to procreate.

If God wants you two to be parents, your little operation isn't going to matter.

#211002 - 31/07/03 11:34 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Xterrian Offline

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
I have two kids and want more. My wife asked me to get a vasectomy and I said no. She had her tubes tied. She doesn't want anymore and I do. It's her body, if she wants to make it incapable of reproducing, that's her business. I however will be capable of suirting wigglers until I die. These genes are too good to keep all to myself. I think it is each individual's right to choose for their self. My aunt bugged my uncle to get a vasectomy for 3 years. He finaly agreed and she gave him his divorce papers when he got back from the doctor's office. That's another reason I wouldn't get one. But to each his or her own.

#211003 - 01/08/03 08:59 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Anonymous
Unregistered

PNUTMNM,

Welcome to my world. Nothing pisses me off more than people telling my wife and I to have kids. I absolutely LOVE kids and we spoil our nieces and nephews rotten.

BUT..........our life style does not really need our own children in it so I took the plunge years ago to insure we have no accidents. Stand tough and do what makes the 2 of you happy.

There is nothing wrong with going the way you are. Period.

#211004 - 01/08/03 07:09 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
bn300 Offline

Loc: Buffalo, MN
Okie dokie. Not sure how I got dragged into this.
A couple of bullet points;
*Ken, I owe you $50 and I will repay you. (beer, mostly)
*God HAS spoken, in that no one on this board wants you to reproduce. Just imagine the Hell!
A related anecdote...
Ken was at my house one time and we were sitting around having beers. The wife comes home with the kids, one runs past Ken screaming and Ken is gone 3 minutes later. No lie.
Some people want kids, some people don't. Some people have no choice.
On a related note, a gal I work with had her husband go in for the "snip snip". Long story short, he had internal bleeding and bruising. I've seen pictures (for the lawsuit), his coin purse was BIGGER than a grape fruit.
I'll stick with wackin' and abstinense, thank you very much.
[Freak]

#211005 - 02/08/03 08:06 AM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Dude, I'm giving you SHIT about the "fitty," I knew it wasn't a fair bet when we made it. Yea, it was a little LOUD at your house that day. My wife adores Tracy though, we do need to get together. Don't know how long we'd stick around if we met at Chuckie Cheese, though.... [Wave]

#211006 - 04/08/03 12:27 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
PNUT.... Don't be bothered by idiots who say shit like that. If they are relatives, when you catch them alone just say it bothers you and they will stop.

Did you ever notice it is only the fat ass baby making machines that say shit like this? Comments like this always come from women who you would never stick your dick into even if you were paid to do so. Their idiot husbands always smile and nod in agreement. (These husbands deserve a beating for becoming feminized).

You never hear comments like this from your really hot female relatives and friends. Also you never hear these comments from the non-feminized male relatives and friends. Only the fat ignorant idiots.

Let it roll off your back .... and you just have to realize where it's coming from.

Good luck to you and your wife....

#211007 - 04/08/03 02:32 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Mosi Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
If someone asks you when you're having kids.. just say "I will forgive you for asking if you will forgive me for not telling".

I prefer not to swim up river... the world wouldn't be able to handle another Mosi! laugh

#211008 - 04/08/03 02:34 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
TravelingFool Offline

Madman, although you may not have stated it as gracefully as some might have appreciated, I would have to agree with your opinions on this particular issue. I can't figure out what happens to men after their wives get fat, angry, and ultimately take over the house. Its scary.

#211009 - 04/08/03 03:09 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
PrimeX Offline

Quote:
I can't figure out what happens to men after their wives get fat, angry, and ultimately take over the house. Its scary.
The buy an old fixer upper and spend the next 20 years in the garage watching football and drinking beer, errr working on the car.

#211010 - 04/08/03 08:36 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
I can't figure out what happens to men after their wives get fat, angry, and ultimately take over the house. Its scary.
Well, my wife has 3 children. She's angry, she's taken over the house, but hey, at least she's still hot! laugh [Freak]

#211011 - 05/08/03 01:35 PM Re: We don't want kids... isn't that OK?
off2cjb Offline

And on, and on, and on, it's Heaven and Hell, oh well.........

Next.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal