shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211802 - 07/06/03 04:22 PM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Quote:
Originally posted by off2cjb:
[b]You liberals are the biggest waste of tax dollars going today.
Unlike those $600 toilet seat covers Reagan was buying, eh?

[Wave] Just kidding. I still don't see what the big deal was with Bush doing it.

This thread is like a dripping faucet...[/b]
Do you know why those toilet seats and ashtrays cost so much? There is a legitimate reason you know. [Uh Oh !]

#211803 - 07/06/03 05:02 PM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Do you know why those toilet seats and ashtrays cost so much? There is a legitimate reason you know. [Uh Oh !]
Some sort of anti-stain chromoly design? laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#211804 - 07/06/03 05:53 PM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
MBFlyerfan Offline

Quote:
QUOTE]Some sort of anti-stain chromoly design? laugh [/QB]
Then they would be worth $1000. laugh

They are designed not to shatter. In an explosion they are designed to break into heavy pieces so anyone around them can have a better chance of avoiding a shraptnel (sp?)type wound. The ashtrays and other things of that nature are expensive for the same reason. I guess the materials they need just cost more. laugh Consider yourself OWNED!!! laugh wink (I am kidding, I just always wanted to say that.) :rolleyes: laugh

#211805 - 07/06/03 06:12 PM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Quote:
QUOTE]Some sort of anti-stain chromoly design? laugh
Then they would be worth $1000. laugh

They are designed not to shatter. In an explosion they are designed to break into heavy pieces so anyone around them can have a better chance of avoiding a shraptnel (sp?)type wound. The ashtrays and other things of that nature are expensive for the same reason. I guess the materials they need just cost more. laugh Consider yourself OWNED!!! laugh wink (I am kidding, I just always wanted to say that.) :rolleyes: laugh [/QB]
So, what exactly are they made of then? Seems to me, the plastic one in my bathroom wouldn't shatter - any kind of blast would just send it flying in one piece (ouch!). The toilet itself is another story.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#211806 - 08/06/03 07:51 AM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
mr_omerta Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally posted by babyX:

And a million dollars means a hell of a lot more than $5 to millions of kids who aren't fed well on a daily basis, animals who are abandoned in the streets to die, or to cancer research or stem-cell research or any other sort of "charity".

Jesus Christ, people, ever heard of "priorities"?

I had Stage 4 Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma when I was 18 and had a Stem Cell Transplant which cured it. I have no problem with the money spent to fly Bush in.

As for "priorities", I like that you said that there are "animals who are abandoned in the streets to die"! I didn't know that was such a hot issue! I saw a dead deer on the road this morning, perhaps if we gave it $5 dollars it would still be alive!

#211807 - 09/06/03 04:52 AM Re: President Bush: Glory Hound?
MBFlyerfan Offline

I tried giving $5 to this stray cat I saw running around the nieghborhood. He said he didnt take "charity". Put his tail up, turned around and walked away. I was like, "well I never". When I got home my other 4 cats and 2 dogs almost threw all my stuff out on the lawn because they somehow knew I was out looking for pussy. wink

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal