2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211933 - 26/05/03 07:45 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I wasn't arguing that they were more violent, just arguing the kids comment. They were probably groups that were more violent than the Vikings, but they definately did their share!

#211934 - 26/05/03 07:51 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Uzbad Offline

Loc: Durango, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
I wasn't arguing that they were more violent, just arguing the kids comment. They were probably groups that were more violent than the Vikings, but they definately did their share!
Yep 8) thats for sure - they done quite a nice share. My point just was that they arent as horrible in general as people like to picture them by some reason.

As for the rest - if you got DVD (not sure they made release on VHS) check out "Dark Ages" miniseries, they got quite funny one about vikings raids on England (couldnt remember episode number.. #2 i think), not to mention hilarious Monty Pythons "Eric the Viking" 8)

#211935 - 26/05/03 08:00 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
sweet...I will have to check that out...thanks

#211936 - 26/05/03 10:37 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Quote:
Originally posted by Rumpy:
yup. That has to be the lamest attempt at humor I've seen in a while. Let's see...wouldn't it be funny if we pretended XOC was full of racists and all the lowly "non-supporting" members got all riled up over a very touchy subject.

Yeah, I can see the humor in that. You know what? You "supporting members" can take your private forum and shove it up your ass. From now on supporting member=trash (well some of them at least)

That was pretty fucking lame in my book. Looking at some of Imacse's posts around here, he does have an *interesting* sense of humor if I recall correctly, but this was damn weak.

Hopefully, all the assclowns who were in on this get when Ian sees this.

#211937 - 26/05/03 10:58 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
All I have to say is...

Shorten your fucking sig Claus.

#211938 - 27/05/03 07:50 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
All I have to say is...

or what

#211939 - 27/05/03 08:04 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
He could just condense some of the sentences...

like this..

--------------------
Clinton was the best Abortion!
Gun Control is a human right
Catholics love Gay marriages

:p

#211940 - 27/05/03 08:06 AM Re: You all got waxed.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]All I have to say is...

or what[/b]
Or maybe you'll have another meltdown and run crying from the board . . . again . . .

I can't believe that:

a) So many people got their panties in a twist about a bunch of people playing on a message forum. The forum is The Asbestos Lined Room. Do you understand the connotations that name implies? Shit will happen, sometimes funny, sometimes pathetic, usually heated, sometimes in order to throw a little fun in a boring day while you count down to 5:00 and a long weekend . . .

b) So many of you even bothered arguing about it during a long weekend. Did any of you get out in the sun?

I can't believe that after two years on this board, Ryan still has the most appropriate sig I've seen for this group:

"It's just a message board. Lighten up."

#211941 - 27/05/03 08:53 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline

It is indeed a just messageboard, you can dish shit out you should be able to take it. Respect the fact that most people did not find it funny,and perhaps people will respect that it was an attempt to humor.

What got me going was the fact that I was considering attending XOC events perhaps this year maybe next year BUT not with people who are narrow minded racists. I felt sorry for the "victim" and wanted to know who this board had said this. Only to find out that it was a lie made up by the very person who cried foul.

I am going to leave it at that, no more posts from me in this tread.

#211942 - 27/05/03 09:01 AM Re: You all got waxed.
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
All I have to ask is, what was the point of all this? [Huh?] (first post on this thread) laugh :p

edited to add: after reading the first page over, you ALL suck, every supporting member, you ALL suck. [Finger] laugh [Too much XOC]

#211943 - 27/05/03 09:05 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
I was gone all weekend, i helped get this little joke off and running and didn't even have a chance to watch the hilarity...

it was a good read afterwards but im sure it was a lot better while it was happening...

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
...Respect the fact that most people did not find it funny,and perhaps people will respect that it was an attempt to humor...
No claus, you need to respect the fact that it was funny, it was funny as hell to its intended audience, sorry you were mad that we were laughing at you, felt left out and had to ruin it... you must be lots of fun at surprise parties :rolleyes:

Quote:

What got me going was the fact that I was considering attending XOC events perhaps this year maybe next year BUT not with people who are narrow minded racists. I felt sorry for the "victim" and wanted to know who this board had said this. Only to find out that it was a lie made up by the very person who cried foul.
get a life...

seriously, if you think that was bad maybe XOC events are not for you... hell you'd probably go for sexual harassment charges if you found Xena sitting in your front seat.

I can only speak for WestX from experience but i do get the idea that GOX is the same(dont know about ecxc) but a big part of it is JOKING around... not taking yourself too seriously is definately a requirement, seriously man, you reallly should lighten up.

#211944 - 27/05/03 09:06 AM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Woo hoo 10 pages in a weekend that is fantastic. especially since I stopped paying attention at least a day ago. You all got

#211945 - 27/05/03 10:00 AM Re: You all got waxed.
MEYEX Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

No claus, you need to respect the fact that it was funny, it was funny as hell to its intended audience, sorry you were mad that we
were laughing at you, felt left out and had to ruin it... you must be lots of fun at surprise parties
Todrick is absolutely correct. This joke was intended for a specific audience. The intended audience had a good a laugh at the expense of just about everyone that posted here.

BRAVO... gives yourselves a hand for yet another LAME ASS ATTEMPT AT HUMOR.

[Laughing] Good going guys.

#211946 - 27/05/03 10:13 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

how is it a lame ass attempt....

let me make this clear:

IT

WAS

FUNNY

#211947 - 27/05/03 10:18 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
It is nice to see that Moderators joined in on this very lame attempt at humor. After wasting 2 hours of my life reading this entire thread, the only conclusion I can come up with, besides the fact that I failed to find the humor, is that you (the perps of the "joke") miss Junior High, and long for the days of picking on or teasing whoever isn't/wasn't in your clique.

Grow the fuck up.
:rolleyes:

#211948 - 27/05/03 10:20 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
how is it a lame ass attempt....

let me make this clear:

[b]IT

WAS

FUNNY
[/b]
Why don't you use your Moderator powers and create a poll to see if it truly was as funny as you tell us it was.

#211949 - 27/05/03 10:26 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

no.

look... its simple reading comprehension.

those involved found it funny, it wasn't mean to be funny to anyone else...

#211950 - 27/05/03 10:31 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Rumpy Offline

Loc: Bayside, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
[b]how is it a lame ass attempt....

let me make this clear:

[b]IT

WAS

FUNNY[/b]
Why don't you use your Moderator powers and create a poll to see if it truly was as funny as you tell us it was.[/b]
Nahh because if he did he would see how stupid his "joke" was to almost everyone. I have yet to see one non-supporting member say they thought this was funny.

#211951 - 27/05/03 10:34 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumpy:
Quote:
[b] Why don't you use your Moderator powers and create a poll to see if it truly was as funny as you tell us it was.

Nahh because if he did he would see how stupid his "joke" was to almost everyone. I have yet to see one non-supporting member say they thought this was funny.[/b]
ok... one more time:

It was not supposed to be funny to "almost everyone" infact that was the point, "alomost everyone" didn't get it... it would have not been funny if everyone got it...

#211952 - 27/05/03 10:35 AM Re: You all got waxed.
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Every time there is any debate in this board that brings up race , religion or any other controversial subject , there is massive participation from people dying to throw their hat into the ring and have their opinions heard.

There is a segment of the membership here that seems to really just be waiting for the next heated topic just for the chance to participate. There is also the occasional display of internet concern , both real and overblown when someone gets their internet feelings hurt.

The joke was that there was this huge rush by some not only to join the discussion but to find the culprit and tar and feather him. Some people showed a great enthusiasm in wanting to somehow get involved and they just couldn't. That WAS funny.

Some people here just like to argue for arguments sake. And you would have been a lot happier had there been some sort of spilover drama with a real member who was an overt racist so that you could have participated. Just because you love the drama.

Once again let's review:

It's the internet.

No one got hurt.

Nothing got broken.

No one particular person was the target.

Anyone who was genuinely concerned , I'm sure your sincerity was appreciated. Anyone who was reading and wanted to participate , although I'm sure no one will admit that was aplicable to you : HA!

#211953 - 27/05/03 10:36 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
no.

look... its simple reading comprehension.

those involved found it funny, it wasn't mean to be funny to anyone else...
You're right, it is simple reading comprehension, I read it, and as I comprehended it, it wasn't funny.

If it wasn't meant for anyone else, keep it in your own forum and laugh amongst yourselves, don't drag innocent bystanders into your little circle jerk.

#211954 - 27/05/03 10:37 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I think the fact that everyone is making such a big deal about it is funny.

This whole thread is like a long deep throaty fart. No matter what age you are, you are either going to laugh about it or be disgusted.... All in all, this thread doesn't even come close in offensiveness to some of the threads we've had in the past in the ALR.....

#211955 - 27/05/03 10:42 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Quote:
You're right, it is simple reading comprehension, I read it, and as I comprehended it, it wasn't funny.

If it wasn't meant for anyone else, keep it in your own forum and laugh amongst yourselves, don't drag innocent bystanders into your little circle jerk.
your funny

you have no idea what this thread was about do you? seriously...

"ok lets keep the joke to ourselves guys, look it will be funny as hell we wont tell anyone that nothing happened... HA, what a hoot"

Jackass

#211956 - 27/05/03 10:43 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
Anyone who was genuinely concerned , I'm sure your sincerity was appreciated.
If that is how you guys feel, then fine. But it seems like the instigators think it was hilarious to jerk with people's emotions, just to get their rocks off.

Most of the people that responded, to me seemed genuinely upset that someone would treat a fellow member that way.

To me, this joke was no better than what Al Sharpton did when he made up the story of the girl being attacked back in the late 80's or early 90's.

#211957 - 27/05/03 10:47 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

ITS JUST A MESSEGE BOARD

comparing it to al sharptons little stunt is a bit much...

ok... i understand it wasn't funny to those of you who were concerned... and honestly that was not the funny part to read... the funny part was people like PNUT that just wanted to know what was going on, who said what... the general gossip crap that was funny

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal