2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212108 - 29/05/03 07:34 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:

no... seriously how much is $20? its not like its a lot of money... ian put in a lot of hard work... seems to me if someone posts on here regularly and never became a supporting member then they think they are better than everyone else and they are above contributing... instead they let ian work, and others pay so they can have a free ride... they are like wellfare mothers with 6 kids
I'm sorry, but could you elaborate on this last post? I couldn't get past the gross thought of your lips on Ian's ass. With all the welfare benefits you've received, you would have thought you'd at least spell the word correctly.

:rolleyes:

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212109 - 29/05/03 07:48 AM Re: You all got waxed.
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I wouldn't pay even if I was a millionaire.

Todrick, it's great that you see all the hard work that went into it, and that justifies you spending your not-so hard earned dollars. However, the internet is populated with literally millions of extremely useful sites that all took a lot of hard work to create that don't ask for a single dollar from their readers.

Running a small internet site is extremely cheap. When one gets larger, say like XOC, and the costs get too great, you sell ad space. Maybe having a "pay site" would be worth it for those who hate ads, but look up! There are ads all over this site! :rolleyes:

I don't know what deal Ian (or Carlton) has going with advertisers and would-be advertisers, but why aren't these ads enough to pay for the site? This site has thousands of users and could generate plenty of business for anyone interested in advertising, so why the financial straits?

My guess would be most advertisers willing to pay big bucks wouldn't touch this place with a 50 foot pole. I think there are three reasons.

1. Users like us who have turned this place into a bitch-fest for political discussion, religious discussion, and general flame wars that are like no other site I've ever seen on the internet.

2. An owner who not only lets it happen, but also is a contributor himself. Not to mention numerous threats of closing this place down doesn't look so good to advertisers.

3. Carlton, who is as far as I know now in charge of advertising for this site, was one of the "masterminds" of this 20 page container of shit that you guys are trying to pass off as humor. Do you really think any potential advertiser is going to look at that little fact as "good for business?" Not to mention Carlton's penchant for editing threads of companies he doesn't like.

My God, if you were a potential advertiser, would you advertise here? And you people wonder why Nissan wants nothing to do with this site.

So Todrick, we (Ian and all the active users) could clean this place up and turn it into the gold mine it has the potential to be, or you can keep paying your money to keep it like it is. I'll spend my $20 on something useful.

#212110 - 29/05/03 08:12 AM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Ok ok that's enough. There was no other mastermind to this thread other than me. You guys are taking it way way too personal. It was never meant to be a shot at other xoc members. Stating that members who did not support the site during the small time that it was offered is inflammatory and uncalled for. It is the members that make this site worth coming to. Not only do the members make this place what it is they did not have the option of contributing for very long.
If nothing else I think this thread illustrated the frustration of many at no longer having the option of becoming supporting members. Hopefully when the upgrade goes through these concerns will be put to rest.
As far as advertiser revenue supporting the site on it's own. There are very few who advertise on this site and there are no popups. A simple banner on the top of the page is absolutely acceptable and does not detract from the site. If we began to be exposed to popups and random emails from advertisers I am sure there would be an uproar.

Everybody take a deep breath and relax. IlUVMYX rest your big head on the waterbed and chill for a bit.

#212111 - 29/05/03 08:21 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:

My guess would be most advertisers willing to pay big bucks wouldn't touch this place with a 50 foot pole. I think there are three reasons.

1. Users like us who have turned this place into a bitch-fest for political discussion, religious discussion, and general flame wars that are like no other site I've ever seen on the internet.
Do you know that of the last 50 posts you have made. 70% of them have been in either the ALR or the Club House. You are one of the leading minority on the board that cause most all of the "bitch-fest" that we see.

Things that make you go.... "Hmmmm"
[Huh?]

#212112 - 29/05/03 08:23 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Ok ok that's enough. There was no other mastermind to this thread other than me. You guys are taking it way way too personal. It was never meant to be a shot at other xoc members. Stating that members who did not support the site during the small time that it was offered is inflammatory and uncalled for. It is the members that make this site worth coming to. Not only do the members make this place what it is they did not have the option of contributing for very long.
If nothing else I think this thread illustrated the frustration of many at no longer having the option of becoming supporting members. Hopefully when the upgrade goes through these concerns will be put to rest.
As far as advertiser revenue supporting the site on it's own. There are very few who advertise on this site and there are no popups. A simple banner on the top of the page is absolutely acceptable and does not detract from the site. If we began to be exposed to popups and random emails from advertisers I am sure there would be an uproar.

Everybody take a deep breath and relax. IlUVMYX rest your big head on the waterbed and chill for a bit.
Do you think any of us Non-supporting members are going to believe a word you or any of your other Supporting member cronies spew forth after what you just pulled??

Now you are on our side because we weren't allowed the opportunity to pay? You feel our frustration?

What?

Go back to your supporting member forum and snicker with your clique. :rolleyes:

#212113 - 29/05/03 08:27 AM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Guido this isn't about sides. Regardless of what many would like to think this isn't an us vs. them sort of thing. We are all Xoc members. If I think anyone is getting out of line I will tell them. I still think those that got angry at the original joke are over sensitive. On the other hand supporting member calling other leeches is also wrong. Take it as you will.

#212114 - 29/05/03 08:29 AM Re: You all got waxed.
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Carlton McMillan:
Do you know that of the last 50 posts you have made. 70% of them have been in either the ALR or the Club House.
No argument. Now comment on #3 on my list.

#212115 - 29/05/03 08:32 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Sounds like a case for the post count police....uh ohh....maybe internal affairs because he is one of them!!!

#212116 - 29/05/03 08:33 AM Re: You all got waxed.
kd4adc Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:

Ah, the culprit tries to calm everything down.

FINALLY, it IS funny! [LOL] :rolleyes:

#212117 - 29/05/03 08:34 AM Re: You all got waxed.
kd4adc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Do you think any of us Non-supporting members are going to believe a word you or any of your other Supporting member cronies spew forth after what you just pulled??

Now you are on our side because we weren't allowed the opportunity to pay? You feel our frustration?

What?

Go back to your supporting member forum and snicker with your clique. :rolleyes:
Bingo.

#212118 - 29/05/03 08:37 AM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Aw rats, there goes my attempt to look like the good guy. Screw you you bunch of babies. I still win 21 pages plus 12 more off a handfull of stupid comments.

I still win.

#212119 - 29/05/03 08:38 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
Guido this isn't about sides. Regardless of what many would like to think this isn't an us vs. them sort of thing. We are all Xoc members. If I think anyone is getting out of line I will tell them. I still think those that got angry at the original joke are over sensitive. On the other hand supporting member calling other leeches is also wrong. Take it as you will.
I believe he called us "leaches", but that is beside the point.

I read the thread from the other forum, and I can see how the joke was meant to come across, but I don't think that is what happened.

I think if you guys would have stopped after the first joke, and maybe explained yourselves a little better, some wouldn't have gotten as upset as they did. It did come across as an us vs. them kind of thing. Think about it, you were all plotting this in a forum we had no access to and were yanking us around using a very inflamatory accusation.

It is very hard for me to take anything you and most of the others that were in on the joke have to say seriously, and I am sure others feel the same way.
A certain amount of trust was broken.

As far as Todrick is concerned...I really hope the comment he made was intended to "stir things up" again, but if it wasn't, he has joined the ranks of Snarl in my book.

#212120 - 29/05/03 08:39 AM Re: You all got waxed.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Aw rats, there goes my attempt to look like the good guy. Screw you you bunch of babies. I still win 21 pages plus 12 more off a handfull of stupid comments.

I still win.
You can't beat a Jedi . . .

#212121 - 29/05/03 08:42 AM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]Aw rats, there goes my attempt to look like the good guy. Screw you you bunch of babies. I still win 21 pages plus 12 more off a handfull of stupid comments.

I still win.
You can't beat a Jedi . . .[/b]
Wow that was awesome Graham. You see that is how you rip on someone. A short simple phrase ridiculing something they brought up themselves. Bravo Graham.

#212122 - 29/05/03 08:46 AM Re: You all got waxed.
kd4adc Offline

Quote:

I still win.
[LOL] [LOL] More, please! [LOL] [LOL]

#212123 - 29/05/03 09:27 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by mbflyerfan:
Its a hell of a lot of money when you dont have a job, like I did when he was taking donations.... ...So get off your high horse. :rolleyes:
I didn't have one at the time.... so bite me

#212124 - 29/05/03 09:33 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
[/qb]
Did you ever find a job, by the way? Or are my tax dollars still feeding your fat ass?[/QUOTE]

Tax dollars never had to support me... even when i wa s"out of work" i was still working... just a lot less and for a lot less money...

150lbs is a fat ass?

shit... your all morbidly obese

damn man... if you're gonna go off like that at least pay attention

#212125 - 29/05/03 09:39 AM Re: You all got waxed.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
150lbs is a fat ass?

Andre?

I'm confused. Did he spell your right?

#212126 - 29/05/03 09:42 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

ok i didn't realize my comment would be so offensive but honestly i do feel that way... it was not to stir things up.

however,I will correct one thing.

People who post regularly on here and DECIDED not to support the site are leeches...

basicly if you wanted to, but missed the window then i understand... i honestly didn't even know it was a small window as i stopped paying attention after i paid.

But if you consciously decided to not pay and take a free ride my statements and opinions stand...

I guess we'll find out when it opens back up if everyone claiming they "didn't get the chance" is being honest or just trying to save face cause i called them out.

the unemployed argument is a joke Craig was one of the first to pay and he paid more than most.... and he was unemployed at the time... i might as well have been... seriously $20 is not a lot of money

#212127 - 29/05/03 09:43 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]150lbs is a fat ass?

Andre?

I'm confused. Did he spell your right?[/b]
i dont think i did...

#212128 - 29/05/03 09:50 AM Re: You all got waxed.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
You never do. I'll substitue 'puny, illiterate, and presumptuous' to describe your ass.

If you need to know what "presumptuous" means, ask Graham.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#212129 - 29/05/03 09:58 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
You never do. I'll substitue 'puny, illiterate, and presumptuous' to describe your ass.

If you need to know what "presumptuous" means, ask Graham.
wow, so tell us how your really feel PNUT.

lighten up francis

#212130 - 29/05/03 10:03 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]150lbs is a fat ass?

Andre?

I'm confused. Did he spell your right?[/b]
i dont think i did...[/b]
You didn't.

"shit... you're all morbidly obese"

#212131 - 29/05/03 10:17 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Guido Offline

Quote:
People who post regularly on here and DECIDED not to support the site are leeches...

But if you consciously decided to not pay and take a free ride my statements and opinions stand...
As far as I can tell, becoming a supporting member is optional, which means that you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

I had mixed feelings about paying, I have quit my decent paying full-time job to complete my Masters and taken a part-time job, at a 40% pay cut, to allow me to take day classes and finish 2 years earlier than if I continued to just take night classes. At the time it seemed more important to make sure we had enough $$$ to pay for my daughter's daycare, instead of getting a little title under my name here on XOC. When I finally did go to pay, Ian had closed enrollment.

So if putting my family first makes me a leech, than I guess I am a leech.

I had planned on paying after Ian updates the board, but if becoming a supporting member puts me in the same group is you Todrick, I don't know if it's worth it.

I would like to know why Ian stopped allowing new supporting members in the first place.

#212132 - 29/05/03 10:47 AM Re: You all got waxed.
Todrick Offline

no guido... read my post again... you fit into the non-leech catagory.

but heres the thing, it is not about getting a title under your name....

Page 13 of 18 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal