2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#211833 - 23/05/03 12:05 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
I'm going for a drive in my MG... That will cool me off.
Oh, you suck! laugh I wish I had a convertible again. Then again, I wish it would finally stop raining in the DC area.

23 days in May gone - about 18 have had rain. Ugh.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#211834 - 23/05/03 12:13 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:

Pot, meet Kettle
I guess you are implying I'm a racist. If someone were brainwashed with political correctness they would probably see it that way. I just call it like it is. You have never seen me post a racial slur. An opinion yes, never a racial slur.

I bet the racists in the thread in question have called me a racist. There's your pot and kettle. The XOC is loaded with hypocrites.

How about it Ivan? Let's name names and see some quotes. Expose the hypocrites.
hmmm I guess calling me a Nazi was political and not a reference to you mistaking my ethnicity.

Do not get me wrong I am not insulted...I know you can be a bit off the wall sometimes.

I have a feeling this tread is a hoax, just to get people going.

#211835 - 23/05/03 12:16 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I'd post some of the quotes but I feel that would only make those who originally posted it feel stronger. They are some of the cowardess that want to hide in a restricted forum and talk shit about others.

I for one am not easily offended, but this is wrong. I won't add to this already degenerated thread.

Ivan, stay strong.

#211836 - 23/05/03 12:21 PM Re: You all got waxed.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka:
I'd post some of the quotes but I feel that would only make those who originally posted it feel stronger. They are some of the cowardess that want to hide in a restricted forum and talk shit about others.

I for one am not easily offended, but this is wrong. I won't add to this already degenerated thread.

Ivan, stay strong.
I'd like Ivan to post the quotes. I think that shit should be aired.

But, like was discussed earlier, once we start quoting from a restricted forum, then it's no longer restricted.

I like having a restricted forum. Regardless of the shit it generates . . .

I say, if Ivan wants to post names and comments, fine. I wish he wouldn't, though . . .

#211837 - 23/05/03 12:25 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XterrAZ Offline

Loc: Anthem, Arizona
Hey Ivan, I've always given you a hard time about stuff and you know it's all in fun. I get a huge kick out of jackin' with you over the net and emails. I've even taken it so far as to post and make fun of pictures of you.

What's going on in the "other thread" is way fucked up. I can't believe that shit has been started and people thought such things. What's more surprising is that someone would actually "say" them to someone. I feel sorry for you dude, I hope this doesn't jack up your entire weekend, just let it roll off your back and realize they're just assholes. I'm sure when Ian gets back there will be many changes made and people banned. The XOC will look quite different come Tuesday.

#211838 - 23/05/03 12:27 PM Re: You all got waxed.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Someone should keep a copy in the Admin forum... just in case things get "lawyer ugly" in there.

Question, if Ian is no longer accepting donations for "supporting members," why is there still a "supporting member" forum? Just curious...

Jeez, what's next? Women in the PGA?

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#211839 - 23/05/03 12:27 PM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
I am not about to post the quotes of a bunch of chicken shit closet nazi's who like to talk trash behind closed doors. I brought the argument out here into the open to see if any of these cowards will have the balls to openly proclaim these beliefs which they claim to hold so strongly.

#211840 - 23/05/03 12:47 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline

I am curious (as are many others) what the nature of the slurs were (no need to get into specifics) I think getting it out , now that you have brought the topic into the open would be pertent.

#211841 - 23/05/03 12:53 PM Re: You all got waxed.
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
You know. For all the over the top threads I have read on this board, that thread in Suporting Members hardly would be considered any more offensive. Sure it can be interpreted as lacking in tolerance, but I think the use of the word "nazi" just makes you look a bit too over sensitive.

There are a lot of people here who have shown indications of having the same attitude and prejudices but now that someone comes right out and makes their feelings clear you get up in arms.

I think that you guys need to just take yourselves a little less seriously and look inside yourselves and the things you've said before you start casting stones.

#211842 - 23/05/03 12:54 PM Re: You all got waxed.
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Yeah, come on you closet racist fuckers! If you can make these types of comments in the closed forum you can make them hear. I would just like to know who you are so I never associate with you. Sorry to hear about this Ivan. Don't let a bunch of losers get to you man.

#211843 - 23/05/03 12:58 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
I spoke to one of the "supporting members" offline to see what was up. I won't say who or what, but man that's some fucked up shit going in there....

#211844 - 23/05/03 01:00 PM Re: You all got waxed.
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:

hmmm I guess calling me a Nazi was political and not a reference to you mistaking my ethnicity.
It was actually intended to just piss you off. I don't think calling someone a Nazi is a racist remark. Germans have their own specific racial slurs. I think I've been called a Nazi many more times than you or anyone else and I'm not even German. I do love streudel though.

Bottom line ... this board is loaded with hypocrites. There is a lot of veiled racism and outright bigotry. All the anti-Catholic shit is a perfect example of bigotry. Many people here think I am a racist. They're entitled to their opinions as am I.

Ivan... If you don't want to quote anything could you give us an idea of what is going on or being said? Just out of curiosity.

#211845 - 23/05/03 01:04 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Smith Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Screw it.
I'll come out of the closet.
I'm a lesbian. laugh

#211846 - 23/05/03 01:07 PM Re: You all got waxed.
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Ivan... If you don't want to quote anything could you give us an idea of what is going on or being said? Just out of curiosity.
I'm sure it's killing you to know there's some sort of racial discussion going on without your involvement. Oh God, I know that's gotta be hard for you. I bet Ian could offer you a "supporting membership" for a cool grand, and you'd pay it just so you could join in the hate.

#211847 - 23/05/03 01:11 PM Re: You all got waxed.
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ILUVMYX:
Quote:
[b]Ivan... If you don't want to quote anything could you give us an idea of what is going on or being said? Just out of curiosity.
I'm sure it's killing you to know there's some sort of racial discussion going on without your involvement. Oh God, I know that's gotta be hard for you. I bet Ian could offer you a "supporting membership" for a cool grand, and you'd pay it just so you could join in the hate.[/b]
Are you kidding?

It feels like he's already there.

#211848 - 23/05/03 01:13 PM Re: You all got waxed.
socalpunx Offline

Penut, I put a copy in Admin and also pasted and saved a copy as a word doc just in case it gets deleted. IMHO I think Madman's philosophies are even tamer than the ones posted in there though. But I still think you guys are reading more into it than what's there. A lot more.

#211849 - 23/05/03 01:15 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
There are a lot of people here who have shown indications of having the same attitude and prejudices but now that someone comes right out and makes their feelings clear you get up in arms.

I sincerely hope you're not agreeing with what's been said. If so, you are no better than they are. If you're just trying to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal and it will pass, read the thread again because you didn't understand the true hatred there.

Just like Ivan, I prefer this comes out to an open forum for all to see. I refuse to post to the thread where not everyone can see what is said.

I'm hoping with the severity of the thread, Ian will make it public when he gets back for all to see and understand.

I can't believe this is actually happening on the XOC.

#211850 - 23/05/03 01:15 PM Re: You all got waxed.
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Hey Ivan, I've always given you a hard time about stuff and you know it's all in fun. ...
What's going on in the "other thread" is way fucked up. I can't believe that shit has been started and people thought such things. What's more surprising is that someone would actually "say" them to someone. I feel sorry for you dude, I hope this doesn't jack up your entire weekend, just let it roll off your back and realize they're just assholes. I'm sure when Ian gets back there will be many changes made and people banned. The XOC will look quite different come Tuesday.
Well thanks for the support mike but no need to feel sorry for me. I know that none of those pansies would have the balls to repeat those things to my face. It is easy to be an internet tough guy. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the pieces of crap around here and to expose their cowardice.
Jokes are jokes but saying that my family should have died in an overheated container is way over the top. The one who said it knows who he is. Let me run into you at an event you chickenshit motherfucker.

#211851 - 23/05/03 01:32 PM Re: You all got waxed.
socalpunx Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XterrAZ:
Quote:
[b]There are a lot of people here who have shown indications of having the same attitude and prejudices but now that someone comes right out and makes their feelings clear you get up in arms.

I sincerely hope you're not agreeing with what's been said. If so, you are no better than they are. If you're just trying to make it seem like it wasn't a big deal and it will pass, read the thread again because you didn't understand the true hatred there.

Just like Ivan, I prefer this comes out to an open forum for all to see. I refuse to post to the thread where not everyone can see what is said.

I'm hoping with the severity of the thread, Ian will make it public when he gets back for all to see and understand.

I can't believe this is actually happening on the XOC.[/b]
You know, I didn't see the word "hate" specifically used. Maybee you can point out to me where it was on the thread. Yes, the views expressed are a bit extreme, and no I don't agree. I just don't see how in this day and age and in this obviously charged climate people can get so up in arms and appear to be shocked when people express these types of views.

We live in a changing world and the extremists just don't seem so extreme anymore. Am I the only one who just isn't surprised by this? I realize that it feels to some like these attitudes are foreign to XOC and we are very protective over the site, but when you mix so many diverse people who's only common link is a vehicle you are bound to get people with attitudes are are going to be offensive to some.

#211852 - 23/05/03 01:44 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Claus Offline

well , I for one think XOC has sunk to a point where I only use it for sheer entertainment and will never change that since there are no rules nor any consequences for people that go off the edge.

If someone ever attempted to slur me or my family on this board I would do 2 things, EXpose the mallice and pity the idiot who has notmet me in person nor has any grounds for comments. biggotry adn racism are evident everywhere these days, reacting and playing into peoples mind games only let's them get the better of you.....

Now post some names and we'll see who gets the short end of that stick.

#211853 - 23/05/03 01:49 PM Re: You all got waxed.
XterrAZ Offline

Quote:
Penut, I put a copy in Admin...
It's not showing up. I too copied to the Admin area but when I go there it's not there. Any ideas why? Is there something different about the Supporting Members forum?

#211854 - 23/05/03 01:53 PM Re: You all got waxed.
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
You'll have to start a new Admin thread and copy/paste the contents.

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#211855 - 23/05/03 02:23 PM Re: You all got waxed.
MyGoldX Offline

Loc: Santa Rosa, Ca
Quote:
Originally posted by imacsae:
Jokes are jokes but saying that my family should have died in an overheated container is way over the top. The one who said it knows who he is. Let me run into you at an event you chickenshit motherfucker.[/QB]
Somebody actually said that? [Huh?]

Damn, that's totally fucked up and whoever said that should be banned

#211856 - 23/05/03 03:38 PM Re: You all got waxed.
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
o.k. this is getting out of hand..

the thread in the supporting members forum has been locked and this one will too unless things calm down..

#211857 - 23/05/03 03:54 PM Re: You all got waxed.
n2fireresq Offline

Loc: Missouri
i think it needs to be unlocked, why not, that is why we paid the xtra. that is total b/s to lock it

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal