shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212329 - 09/10/03 05:09 AM Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
CPTMIGGS Offline

Loc: Arizona
Bill visited Terry Gross of NPR's Fresh Air this week to push his new book. The interview, which lasted about an hour, ended when Bill walked out after lecturing the host on the unfairness of the interview. The interview can be heard here in stream. If you have the time click on the link and listen. I am interested in your opinions on this. Was Bill right? Was the interview that was supposed to be a book review, really a set up to attack Bill, or was he overly sensitive?
I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle. I do think that NPR only had him on in an attempt to make him look bad, but I also think that Bill played right into there hands with his attitude. I believe that he could have been a bit more cool about the whole thing and calmly turned it around on that wimp Gross. Instead he playedinto their hands and gave them exactly what they wanted.

#212330 - 09/10/03 05:59 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's pretty even handed. He reacted just the way she thought he would. On the other hand, he shouldn't have flipped out, which he does all the time.

The biggest problem with O'Really is that he flips out when he's caught in spin or lies. It makes him look bad. He has had some valid points to say, but he's an angry child that pouts, yells, and throws a fit, and then walks out when he is treated the same exact way as he treats his guests on his show. When the tables are turned, we see his true face.

For example, any other person being interviewed would have allowed the People story to be read, and then respond in a calm manner. Instead, he goes nuts before she even reads the piece.

She DOES get him with the NY Times review. He's crazed, saying that these reviews are unfair, and she drops a nuclear bomb on him with the Michael Moore review that ISN'T good. I had to laugh at that point. But to give Bill credit, he backs up and says he'll re-read the review. But THAT was a beautiful moment.

O'Really is his own worst enemy.

#212331 - 09/10/03 06:27 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.
I agree he got a little out of hand. But his beef was still valid. It was supposed to be an interview about his book and I cant recall any questions she asked about the book itself, other than the minute or so they spent on the chapter about his father and a little on his views of secularism. You could see where she was, she admitted giving Franken a free pass. After, when she read what the People guy said, she didnt read anything about his review of his book, she read his response to O'reilly calling him out for bringing personal dislike into the review. So, you cant get an honest context of the guys review without hearing that first. Like most liberals, you could hear her thinly vieled disdain shrouded in her condecending politeness. It was very fun to listen to. O'reilly said some things I dont agree with but in other points he was right on.

#212332 - 09/10/03 06:52 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy crap!! Was doing some investigating...one of O'Reilly's favorite movies is "Easy Rider."

WTF?

CHECK IT OUT

#212333 - 09/10/03 06:58 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
He like The Doors as well. I guess you libbies can't listen to them anymore now.

#212334 - 09/10/03 07:10 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2001frontier:
He like The Doors as well. I guess you libbies can't listen to them anymore now.
That's ok, I never listened to them before anyway. If I wanted to listen to a drunken baffoon, I'd put in The Guess Who. At least they weren't pretentious. smile

#212335 - 09/10/03 07:16 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
2001frontier Offline

You have just totally proven your idiocy. How old are you anyway?

#212336 - 09/10/03 07:18 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
MBFlyerfan Offline

Well, if you are going to eliminate listening to music groups because they are pretentious, you end up eliminating 3/4 of all the bands out there. laugh

#212337 - 09/10/03 07:23 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
You have just totally proven your idiocy. How old are you anyway?
27. What's your point?

#212338 - 09/10/03 07:28 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
2001frontier Offline

Just wondering. I don't see how you can't like The Doors, thats all. Morrison was greatness! [Finger]

#212339 - 09/10/03 07:43 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
MBFlyerfan Offline

Another thread Hijacked. What is the record I wonder, for a thread being hijacked totally off topic. In this case it was 4 posts. LOL [Laughing]

#212340 - 09/10/03 07:46 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Another thread Hijacked. What is the record I wonder, for a thread being hijacked totally off topic. In this case it was 4 posts. LOL [Laughing]
Hee hee hee...alllllll part of my diabolical plan for world domination. MMMWWWAHAHAHAHA!!!

laugh

#212341 - 09/10/03 07:51 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
If he really though his Fresh Air interview was going to be as innocuous as a Good Morning America, lookie-my-bookie interview. Then he got what he deserved.

A

And Jim Morrison died of boredom. wink

"riders on the storm................

.................riders on the storm" [Sleep]

#212342 - 09/10/03 08:09 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
CPTMIGGS Offline

Loc: Arizona
Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
If he really though his Fresh Air interview was going to be as innocuous as a Good Morning America, lookie-my-bookie interview. Then he got what he deserved.

A

And Jim Morrison died of boredom. wink

"riders on the storm................

.................riders on the storm" [Sleep]
I disagree, have you ever listened to Fresh Air before? She usually strokes her guests. Most of the program is her, or her guest reading passages from the persons book and discussing it. This was clearly a departure from her normal style.

#212343 - 09/10/03 08:13 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
I disagree right back!

I listen to Fresh Air quite often. Theres a lot more than just reading passages going on, especialy from the guests who aren't authors! wink

She can and will get pointed and political.

The Gene Simmons interview was my favorite.

A

#212344 - 09/10/03 11:06 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:

Quote:
[b]He like The Doors as well. I guess you libbies can't listen to them anymore now.
That's ok, I never listened to them before anyway. If I wanted to listen to a drunken baffoon, I'd put in The Guess Who. At least they weren't pretentious. smile [/b]
Just a small clarification, Morrison was a drunken baffoon that was high on acid.

wink

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212345 - 09/10/03 11:40 AM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212346 - 09/10/03 12:10 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

You guys aren't gonna listen to some idiot meat slicer from Mobile Alabama, are you?

Pathetic.

#212347 - 09/10/03 12:12 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
I like Fox news. I also watch a little CNN and MSNBC from time to time to keep things unfair and unbalanced. o'Reily is annoying and too confrontational. His schtick is getting old. He claims a "spin free zone" but that's not true. His spin is pretty strong.

#212348 - 09/10/03 01:27 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Anonymous
Unregistered

More Happy Fun Reading!!

Bill O\'Reilly Exposed

#212349 - 09/10/03 07:28 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by WilMac1023:
More Happy Fun Reading!!

[b]Bill O\'Reilly Exposed
[/b]
You know... I'm sure there are loads of people with personal websites dedicated to hating O'Reilly just like the one you posted. What's your point?

#212350 - 09/10/03 07:47 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
MBFlyerfan Offline

Every response on that website is Bullshit.

#212351 - 09/10/03 08:10 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by MBFlyerfan:
Every response on that website is Bullshit.
OK, I only read one of them, and I agree the guy is pushing it a bit...

BUT... MB, I have never seen someone so adamantly pro-O'Reilly as you. There are some things of his that are absolutely false, and you've passed them off as "an honest mistake" or the like...

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I'm just curious how you came to be so resolutely in favor of some of O'Reilly's rantings.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#212352 - 09/10/03 08:31 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Well...... My take on the "Fresh Air" interview with O'Reilly is.....

He never should have went there in the first place. He knew that it was going to be an "unfriendly" venue. After all, NPR is leftism on the taxpayers dime.

Seeing that he did agree to the interview, he should have stayed until the end and goaded comrade Gross into saying some more things she did not want to say.

The interview was supposed to be about him and his new book, not his responses to reviews in various biased publications of his book.

What was the deal with comrade Gross drilling him about his interview with that idiot Jeremy Glick? As source material she used an edited transcript published in an article in the very biased lefty Harper's Magazine. She even admitted to never reading the ACTUAL transcript from the show.

He was right... She was attempting a hatchet job on him. I thought he was doing alright exposing some of her bias. He should have kept it up. He also should have been better prepared walking into enemy territory. By that I mean he should have listened to or read the transcript of her Al Franken interview. He should have stayed until the interview was over and lambasted her on her bias. Like I said he should have been more prepared. Walking out didn't make him look too good. But then again I am sure the NPR crowd are not big fans of O'Reilly anyway.

O'Reilly is not the only person to walk out on her either. I think there have been quite a few over the years. Monica Lewinsky even ended an interview (She besmirched the legacy of the comrades hero).

You should also listen to comrade Gross interview ultra left wing columnist Molly Ivins. It's so nice when the interviewer has the same mindset and the interviewee. (Anyone ever notice that Ivins not only looks like a man who had a sex change... she also sounds like one?)

Would anyone else guess that Gross was a liberal just by looking at her?

One thing about O'Reilly....... I love how the left hates him. He must be doing something right.

#212353 - 09/10/03 08:38 PM Re: Bill OReilly walks out of NPR interview
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:

One thing about O'Reilly....... I love how the left hates him. He must be doing something right.
Could have something to do with his hypocrisy...no spin zone indeed.

(There are some things of his I don't disagree with...but his claim of being a spin-free zone is absolute tripe.)
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal