2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212550 - 17/06/03 08:45 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Busted! [Finger]

#212551 - 17/06/03 09:13 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
NY Madman Offline

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

I have nothing against ANY peaceful, moderate, and caring religious groups or individuals, so long as they don't try forcing their religious beliefs on me or our government.
But you have no problem with a small percentage of the population forcing and imposing their immorality, perversion and twisted views on the majority of the population through the instrument of government.

It's interesting that you don't see yourself as an extremist. You are. Of the left wing and atheist anti-Judeo/Christian type.

You are some kind of a victim now? When the hell did any religious organization try to inflict their beliefs on you? Never... It's all in your sick mind.

#212552 - 18/06/03 04:43 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Strom:

So when you said "No wonder why you Christians have so many issues...", you weren't generalizing or stereotyping Christians?
No I wasn't. Do you remember who I was debating against when I made this comment?

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212553 - 18/06/03 04:43 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by NY Madman:
When the hell did any religious organization try to inflict their beliefs on you?
Every time there is an attempt to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Defense of Marriage Act.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#212554 - 18/06/03 05:35 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Samueul Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:

Defense of Marriage Act.
What do you think about Roe trying to overturn it now???? Funny how things go eh?

#212555 - 18/06/03 05:45 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
nolarocks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
She's probably being paid by anti-choice groups. Who better to be their spokesperson?

[Too much XOC]

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" - The C man

I also have some waterfront property for sale on the lakefront in Louisiana!! (NOLA) Just kidding

#212556 - 18/06/03 05:47 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Now abortion is in the fray? SHIT people, its fairly obvious that nobody in this train wreck is:

A) A policy maker on a local, state, or national level
B) EVER going to say, "I'm sorry, you're right!"

Why can't we have a booty call thread, or a beer thread, or an XTERRA thread that lasts this long.

You guys make me tired. [Sleep]

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#212557 - 18/06/03 05:58 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:

But you have no problem with a small percentage of the population forcing and imposing their immorality, perversion and twisted views on the majority of the population through the instrument of government.
What no comments about my son or my family? Have we finally grown a set? You'll have to be more specific with your over-the-top generalizations here.

Morality - immorality technically is in the eye of the beholder. You'll have to be more specific in this area if you are looking for my opinion on a certain matter.

Perversion - Just what is your definition of perversion, and what are you benchmarking it against?

Quote:
It's interesting that you don't see yourself as an extremist. You are. Of the left wing and atheist anti-Judeo/Christian type.
How can you prove this? Just because I have posted comments about Israel giving land back to the Palestians to help end the conflict, this makes me anti-Judeo? Or that I don't want to see the 10 commandments posted on the wall of a public building, this makes me anti-Christian? I don't have a right to disagree with these groups without being labeled "hater"? You know NOTHING about me, all you can do is spew shit.

Quote:
You are some kind of a victim now? When the hell did any religious organization try to inflict their beliefs on you? Never... It's all in your sick mind.
I have the sick mind? Who made the comment about my 3 1/2 year old son, and "Bath House 101"? Off-his-Crib even went as far as posting about bending my wife and kid over, and I'm the immoral one?

Now reguarding religious organizations trying to inflict their beliefs on me, let's start with the subject of abortion (womans right to choose). I still remember the media/newspaper stories about the abortion clinic shooting/killing that occured here in Boston a while back (I've walked by that clinic many times prior). That wacko shot two people, killing one (a receptionist), hell I could have been walking by that day, and I could have been a victim too.

Now they're trying extra hard again to overturn Wade vs Roe (Roe "converting" to the Christian side I guess). This will cause the many teenagers/young adults who are not ready for children to seek life threatening "back room abortions" (have you ever seen "Cider House Rules"?). If my next child is a girl, this could possibly effect her in the future as well.

These "Christian Beliefs" slowly taking more of a toe hold in government could possibly effect my job as well (as well as the health of the nation) with the advent of new rules restricting experimentation on fetal tissue and cloning. With this knowledge, someday we will have the ability to "regrow" damaged organs in the human body, but with the passing of new restrictions, who knows?

Now go crawl back under that rock you came from, you know jack about me. I've already spent way too much time posting to someone who has no honor.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212558 - 18/06/03 07:24 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
I've already spent way too much time posting to someone who has no honor.

#212559 - 18/06/03 08:57 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Claus Offline

Ridicule or compliment? :

#212560 - 18/06/03 09:36 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Now abortion is in the fray? SHIT people, its fairly obvious that nobody in this train wreck is:

Why can't we have a booty call thread, or a beer thread, or an XTERRA thread that lasts this long.

Is it finally time to break out the snake???

#212561 - 18/06/03 09:37 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
[b]Now abortion is in the fray? SHIT people, its fairly obvious that nobody in this train wreck is:

Is it finally time to break out the snake???[/b]
I think it is!!!! laugh

#212562 - 18/06/03 09:41 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Now abortion is in the fray? SHIT people, its fairly obvious that nobody in this train wreck is:

I think it is!!!! laugh [/b]
what?

#212563 - 18/06/03 09:49 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Claus A Christensen:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

what?
whee!

#212564 - 18/06/03 10:31 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Samueul Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:

what?
whee!

Alright! It amazes me to see how many here on XOC love the snake! smile

#212565 - 18/06/03 10:33 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:

what?
whee!

yee haw . . .

#212566 - 18/06/03 10:47 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Samueul:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

what?
whee!

yee haw . . .

#212567 - 18/06/03 11:01 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA

#212568 - 18/06/03 11:51 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
MBFlyerfan Offline

Loc: NJ, Just east of the Walt.

#212569 - 18/06/03 07:21 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Quote:
[b]When the hell did any religious organization try to inflict their beliefs on you?

Defense of Marriage Act.[/b]
That is very naive of you Moby, or maybe a little spin on your part.

While Christians and some Jewish groups are against abortion and deviant marriages, many people, maybe more, also oppose them for clear moral reasons. Religious reasons are by far not the only opposition to these abominations (infamnia's).

#212570 - 18/06/03 07:31 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
NY Madman Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

I have the sick mind? Who made the comment about my 3 1/2 year old son, and "Bath House 101"?
When you post some sick shit like you will be training your son in the "use of the penis" you opened yourself up to ridicule, and rightfully so. That was a sick and twisted comment. Coming from you it did not surprise me.

Regarding your rants about religion forcing overturning abortion... see my above response to Moby.

Many issues are fought on moral principles, not just religious. Seeing that you are an immoral man I don't expect you to understand that. (Yes I can make that conclusion from reading your leftist bullshit and ideals for well over a year now)

#212571 - 18/06/03 07:45 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
Quote:

[b]
Quote:
[b]When the hell did any religious organization try to inflict their beliefs on you?

Defense of Marriage Act.[/b]
That is very naive of you Moby, or maybe a little spin on your part.

While Christians and some Jewish groups are against abortion and deviant marriages, many people, maybe more, also oppose them for clear moral reasons. Religious reasons are by far not the only opposition to these abominations (infamnia's).[/b]
I'm not saying religuous reasons are the only reason, but if you think religious beliefs didn't have the most impact, then you truly have blinders on. People who are supportive of the Defense of Marriage act do it because they are morally against it. And a majority (I'd bet a good 90%) base those morals solely on the teachings they have had from religion. VERY few people get their morals elsewhere - I imagine that Samueul's child will be brought up outside of religion, and I'd bet he/she turns out just fine.

Abortion is a different matter - I realize some people are against it for not just religious reasons. I do find it incredulous that people can oppose abortion because it extinguishes a life and yet be fully behind the death penalty.

I have no problems with abortion, if the fetus is viable. Death penalty, I'm still unsure of - it certainly doesn't deter - if it did, wouldn't the population of death row have dropped off even a hair?
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#212572 - 18/06/03 08:22 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
NY Madman Offline

Quote:

Abortion is a different matter - I realize some people are against it for not just religious reasons. I do find it incredulous that people can oppose abortion because it extinguishes a life and yet be fully behind the death penalty.

I have no problems with abortion, if the fetus is viable. Death penalty, I'm still unsure of - it certainly doesn't deter - if it did, wouldn't the population of death row have dropped off even a hair?
An unborn child is purely innocent. A convicted murderer on death row is not. He has forfeited his rights through his actions.

I don't think death penalty laws are meant to deter crime. They are an instrument of the state to protect society and remove it's most dangerous. The death row population will not decrease because of death penalty laws. Most criminals on death row are sociopaths.

A law abiding citizen with normal mental health considers the consequences of his actions. A sociopath generally does not.

Then you have those murderers that acted out of crimes of passion. Juries have leway in deciding punishment on these criminals. If it is extremely egregious, than the death penalty is used. Sometimes it is not.

Death penalty laws are for society. They were never really meant as a deterant. That has always been the liberal spin.

Think about this... would you rather receive the death penalty or 40 or 50 years in a shithole state peniteniary with no chance of parole? Unless you are 18 years old, most would choose death.

#212573 - 18/06/03 08:58 PM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Mobycat Offline

Quote:
I don't think death penalty laws are meant to deter crime. They are an instrument of the state to protect society and remove it's most dangerous. The death row population will not decrease because of death penalty laws. Most criminals on death row are sociopaths.
If that's how you view it, I respect that. I just hear too many people try to justify it by saying it's a deterent (sp?).

And a LOT of people argue against abortion because it violates the sanctity of life. They should be against the death penalty, too, as it violates the sanctity of life, even if the one who may get executed is the absolute worst criminal possible.

Oh...and I realized I worded a sentence wrong - I meant to say I have no problem with abortion if the fetus *isn't* viable. Beyond that... I can't say. I don't know if anyone can truly say what their view is until they find themselves in that situation.

#212574 - 19/06/03 04:17 AM Re: Peaceplan goes down the toilet
Samueul Offline

Moby/NY Madman

I agree a little with both of you (Moby, thanks for the kind words in regards to my child).

I will not raise my child in religion, but as he/she grows I will not deter them from seeking and learning. It's a tough thing, cause on one hand you don't want to "limit" a person seeking answers, but on the other, you have to trust in your own ability to "teach" them??? I am sure it will get tougher for me too.....

Abortion. I am against it on a solely moral stance and it has nothing to do with religion. Like Madman says. A newborn,fetus,infant whatever, is innocent and has so much potential. To willingly cut off that potential to me just seems wrong.... I use my wife as an example all the time. She was adopted. She could have been aborted, and her mother has even told us that she thought about it etc... I can look on this world with a lot of "warm" "fuzzy" feelings knowing people like my wife walk it...

Death Penalty - Again, 40 years down the line, if this person who was given the chance to expand upon the potential of his/her life is raping, murdering, etc... They have proven that they do not deserve the right to life in our society. Not judged by god as I don't believe in him, but judged by his fellow man, because to me, who else is there to judge?? We have to police our own society.

I also do not believe the death penalty is a deterent, but a tool. A tool that is not used often enough.

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal