shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212782 - 14/11/05 10:33 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
....stop feeding the trolls.
Agreed.

It just seems that there are 2manytrolls, don't it? laugh

#212783 - 14/11/05 11:05 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffW:
Quote:
[b]....stop feeding the trolls.
Agreed.

It just seems that there are 2manytrolls, don't it? laugh [/b]
I gotta' say, Jeff, you're one of the trolls, at this point. Just keep repeating the same things...

#212784 - 14/11/05 11:30 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]....stop feeding the trolls.
Agreed.

It just seems that there are 2manytrolls, don't it? laugh [/b]
I gotta' say, Jeff, you're one of the trolls, at this point. Just keep repeating the same things...[/b]
I've tried and tried to let this thread die. 2manytoyz just keeps dragging it out of the ditches.

Sorry if I don't want the board full of bullsh!t posts from somebody who's never wheeled.

#212785 - 14/11/05 12:12 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yo Jeff,

I didn't start this thread. Nor did I revive it. balsaaaq first brought it back, then Karlan did.

I tried to steer the thread back on track by repeating the original question, and pointing out that he was looking to those with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE driving Jeeps -n- Xs. Since you don't, you're the one trolling.

You're going for personal attacks, rather than experience or facts, shows you have little to add to this discussion.

So I'm done with this thread. Facts mean nothing here, neither does actual experience. If you want to know anything about off-roading in general, or details on how a Jeep handles on/off-road, ask Jeff... he knows everything. He's been everywhere (if you count only Colorado, oh, and if you've been there too, that doesn't count). Sheesh.

I'll probably be posting pics on my website later this week of my trips to Pismo CA, Engineer Pass CO, and the Jemez Mountains in NM. [Finger]

#212786 - 14/11/05 12:24 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 2manytoyz:
.....he was looking to those with ACTUAL EXPERIENCE driving Jeeps -n- Xs....
Whatever, troll.

I have experience with both. REAL trail experience. You have experience with neither. You've never even been offroad.

Engineer Pass? Don't make me laugh. I can drive that in 2wd.

#212787 - 14/11/05 08:45 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Southernx7 Offline

Loc: Sunny Florida
Jesus Christ. What an ego you have. [Freak] Someone that's owned or does own both vehicles says that a Jeep is more capable than an Xterra and you act like you are the offroading God (the thing a lot of us hate of Jeepers), all praise Jeff who has done everything and if you haven't done what he has you are a punk. Whatever. It's reasons like this that this board is dying.

2manytoyz.....just drop it, you will never get a point across to someone that isn't open to conversation.

Oh, Jeff. Yes, I've been in many Jeeps and I've got a modded X......You know what? The Jeeps still kick ass for a far less price. But comparing east coast to west coast is apples to oranges. Dry trails with rocks to generally wet clay with rocks. dirt roads to roads underwater. oh, dirt and rock again..to mud, sand, logs. It's different terrain and you wheel in the area that you live in. Glory be to God that you have the best area in the country to wheel in, but you know what? I'm sure all over the country people are out on the weekend having fun wheeling with FRIENDS in the area they live in.

#212788 - 14/11/05 08:48 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Southernx7 Offline

ps. before you go mouthing off on who is a Jeep whore, why don't you take a big gulp of the glass you offered him. He is a member of SXFC (southeast xterra frontier club). You sir are a dumbass.

#212789 - 14/11/05 10:08 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Claus Offline

Jeff, all there is left to do is to challe [LOL] nge them to a Breakdance fight.....I am sure you would win.

#212790 - 15/11/05 04:07 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
monkeyman Offline

Loc: raleigh_nc
Quote:
Originally posted by Claus:
Jeff, all there is left to do is to challe [LOL] nge them to a Breakdance fight.....I am sure you would win.
you've been served

#212791 - 15/11/05 08:34 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by southernx7:
.....Jeeps still kick ass for a far less price.....
There's plenty of nice Jeeps out there.

2manytoyz and you are the ones trying to Say that Xterras are a lesser choice for a trail rig. I'm not talking "trailer queen" either. I'm talking a trail rig that you depend on to get your a$$ out of the woods.

How 'bout this? I'll keep my Xterra, you can go get a Jeep. Jeeps have plenty of great things about them. I prefer an Xterra for a trail rig.

Yes, an Xterra does weight more. So do the Patrols and Land Cruisers that they use in the outback.

Like I said about 7 pages ago:

• Jeep: Dana 30/35 combo ====> shit
    My Xterra: IFS (front)/ 33 spline, 4.90 9.25" R&P STOCK!
    Jeep: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time (even in the rubis)
    Xterra: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time
    Jeep: Needs lift or spacers to fit 32" tires
    Xterra: Fits 32's stock

Jeep: Short wheelbase, sometimes an advantage*
    Xterra: Medium wheelbase, sometimes an advantage

*what makes the SWB especially problematic is that when it is lifted high enough to clear big boulders, it tends to flip backwards on steep inclines.

Anybody who is ignorant enough to think that Jeeps are the end-all offroad simply hasn't wheeled. I'm so tired of all this bullsh1t rhetoric when it really comes down to one thing:

Trail rigs are built, not bought.

Read the posts. While I may have been a bit indignant, 2manytoyz and you are the ones being elitists. Every rig has advantages and disadvantages. FWIW, if I were to build a hardcore "trailer queen", it would be based on an a 105" WB 1985 Toyota, NOT a Jeep.

Everything is a compromise. The difference between you two and people who wheel is that people who have been out there realize that different vehicles have advantages in different situations. So those of us who do wheel appreciate each rig for what it is, including its shortcomings and advantages. Those who don't know any better just sit around spewing a "this is better than that" idoeology.

Quote:
.....It's reasons like this that this board is dying......
Actually, elitists who discourage people from modding/owning Xterras are the ones who are harmful to this board. I dare you to go "Jeep whorin'" over at a Yota board. See what happens. This kind of BS won't be well received anywhere.

This community will stay strong as long as we encourage open minds and keep the Jeep elitism in it's proper place; the ALR.

#212792 - 15/11/05 02:16 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
chupasierras Offline

Loc: Monterrey, M�xico
Quote:
Quote:
[b] .....Jeeps still kick ass for a far less price.....
*what makes the SWB especially problematic is that when it is lifted high enough to clear big boulders, it tends to flip backwards on steep inclines.
[/b]
You mean like this? (video)

Abiel
www.abielg.com

#212793 - 15/11/05 02:49 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
quote:
.....Jeeps still kick ass for a far less price.....
There's plenty of nice Jeeps out there.

• Jeep: Dana 30/35 combo ====> shit
    My Xterra: IFS (front)/ 33 spline, 4.90 9.25" R&P STOCK!
    Jeep: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time (even in the rubis)
    Xterra: Cheapo steering that breaks all the time
    Jeep: Needs lift or spacers to fit 32" tires
    Xterra: Fits 32's stock

Actually...
An XJ could have come with a Chrysler 8.25 rear/Dana 30 HP front... Which is equivalent in strength to the Nissan drivetrain...

And I like how you dodged the whole IFS vs. SFA comparison... SFA vs. IFS, on comparably equipped rigs, will outperform IFS in EVERYTHING, except high speed whoops. So Jeep, which comes w/ a SFA, would have a major advantage over the Nissan, right off the bat, unfortunately.

#212794 - 15/11/05 05:47 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Southernx7 Offline

Plenty of Jeeps have made that ride. That on the other hand was driver/spotter error.

#212795 - 15/11/05 07:15 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Plenty of Jeeps have made that ride. That on the other hand was driver/spotter error.
That was all driver error..

#212796 - 15/11/05 07:50 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Quote:
[b]Plenty of Jeeps have made that ride. That on the other hand was driver/spotter error.
That was all driver error..[/b]
woman driver that doesn't know how to obey her spotter...

Man, that's two dangerous things on trail. She's lucky it was only a roll-over, and not worse...

laugh

#212797 - 15/11/05 09:03 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Plenty of Jeeps have made that ride. That on the other hand was driver/spotter error.

Man, that's two dangerous things on trail. She's lucky it was only a roll-over, and not worse...

laugh [/b]
Biggot, that has nothing to do with Gender....That person should never have been on that trail to begin with, the ability to follow directions, how ever shitty they might be is the foundation to wheeling

#212798 - 20/11/05 06:20 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:

laugh [/b]
Biggot, that has nothing to do with Gender....That person should never have been on that trail to begin with, the ability to follow directions, how ever shitty they might be is the foundation to wheeling
Crazy canooks... I realize y'all don't speak english very well, so I'll cut you a little slack. But you'd think you could at least use an english term that's derived from French properly... But "Bigot" is the wrong word. That's generally a racist term, nowadays. What you meant to say was "Sexist", or "Sexist Pig", or something along those lines... :p

Thank you for playing. Please try again.

[Laughing]

#212799 - 21/11/05 10:12 AM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
quote:

laugh [/b]
Crazy canooks... I realize y'all don't speak english very well, so I'll cut you a little slack. But you'd think you could at least use an english term that's derived from French properly... But "Bigot" is the wrong word. That's generally a racist term, nowadays. What you meant to say was "Sexist", or "Sexist Pig", or something along those lines... :p

Thank you for playing. Please try again.

[Laughing]

Your poorly formulated attempt to reply is not only uninteresting but also a fine example of what kind of person you are..The extra "G" was for effect, I am perfectly aware what the word "Bigot" means. it is by no means "Racist" as you so undereducatedly state but a stronger word for Hypocrat,elaquently depicting a person who is strongly devoted to his/hers own opinions.

How many languages do you speak?...BIGGOT

#212800 - 21/11/05 12:45 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Your poorly formulated attempt to reply is not only uninteresting but also a fine example of what kind of person you are..The extra "G" was for effect, I am perfectly aware what the word "Bigot" means. it is by no means "Racist" as you so undereducatedly state but a stronger word for Hypocrat,elaquently depicting a person who is strongly devoted to his/hers own opinions.

I can't understand a word of what your saying... First you say "Biggot" is another word for "hypocrat", which I'm assuming you mean hypocrite. Then you say it means it depicts a person who is strongly devoted to his/her own opinions. But Bigot and Hypocrite are polar opposites... So you still haven't got a clue...

But that's ok. One of these days, when you learn English, you'll understand the differences. And in the US, the ONLY time you'll see the word Bigot used, nowadays, is in a racial situation.

Stay up there in the cold... It's doing wonders for your intellect.

(BTW, I speak English and Spanish. Evidently that's 1 more than you, even if you speak French, 'cause you sure as hell don't speak English very well...)

I coulda' swore this thread was about Xterra vs. Jeep... Crazy canooks got me all off-topic, now... Go eat a beaver or something. [Finger]

#212801 - 21/11/05 01:53 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Claus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Your poorly formulated attempt to reply is not only uninteresting but also a fine example of what kind of person you are..The extra "G" was for effect, I am perfectly aware what the word "Bigot" means. it is by no means "Racist" as you so undereducatedly state but a stronger word for Hypocrat,elaquently depicting a person who is strongly devoted to his/hers own opinions.

I can't understand a word of what your saying... First you say "Biggot" is another word for "hypocrat", which I'm assuming you mean hypocrite. Then you say it means it depicts a person who is strongly devoted to his/her own opinions. But Bigot and Hypocrite are polar opposites... So you still haven't got a clue...

But that's ok. One of these days, when you learn English, you'll understand the differences. And in the US, the ONLY time you'll see the word Bigot used, nowadays, is in a racial situation.

Stay up there in the cold... It's doing wonders for your intellect.

(BTW, I speak English and Spanish. Evidently that's 1 more than you, even if you speak French, 'cause you sure as hell don't speak English very well...)

I coulda' swore this thread was about Xterra vs. Jeep... Crazy canooks got me all off-topic, now... Go eat a beaver or something. [Finger] [/b]
Figured....

Pronunciation: 'bi-g&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, hypocrite, bigot
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices

#212802 - 21/11/05 02:37 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK. And now for you're english language lesson, courtesy of Dictionary.com:

Quote:
hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold
Quote:
bigot

n : One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.
As even a french speaking canook can see, one can not be a bigot and a hypocrite; they're antonyms. Just to decipher that for you...

Quote:
antonym
n. : A word having a meaning opposite to that of another word: The word wet is an antonym of the word dry.
By definition, I'm not a hypocrite. Trust me, I completely believe that women can't drive worth a shit. So also by definition, I could be considered a partial "bigot", as I don't have any intolerance towards women. I like 'em, for the most part. Just don't think they can drive worth a shit (re-stated for emphasis).

After talking with me for a while, though, most people would consider me a chauvanist. Hopefully since chauvanist is a French originating word, you already know what that means. But just in case:

Quote:

chauvanist
n. : Prejudiced belief in the superiority of one's own gender
Delving deeper, and more specifically, I would be considered a chauvanist pig. But that's just a phrase coined by the bra-burning feminists of the 1960s, so you probably won't be able to find the phrase at dictionary.com. You can find, though, that in the definition of "pig"

Quote:
pig

n. : 5. Slang. A member of the social or political establishment, especially one holding sexist or racist views.
it has a connection to the word chauvanist. So, when you put the two together, it is fairly clear what a chauvanistic pig is. If you can't make the connection, though, hopefully someone else will chime in. I assume you can, since I'm offering up myself as a real-world example of one. Surely you can figure out what it is, in context.

So in conclusion, if you're going to insult someone, please attempt to use the correct term. It will greatly help the debate/discussion. Using improper words for the situation only makes for long-ass posts like this one, pointing out the stupidity of the original flame, instead of adding to the fire.

Please use the following examples below, to learn how to use proper name calling technique, since you obviously suck at it:

If I call you a "douche", it's either because I think you're an annoying female, or else I'm also degrading your pathetic use of the XY chromosome. Which is ok, as long as that is the original hidden intent. But if I call you a bastard, and you're a female, then that just doesn't make sense, as there aren't any hidden references in that, and it is a gender specific name. Further, if I call you an ass clown, well, that's a gender-neutral name, and therefore does not bring along the problems of any hidden meanings, and can usually be read literally.

So of those three names, obviously Ass-Clown is the correct name to call you in this situation, as I do not know your gender (Claus seems like a fruity name that could be applied both ways in some strange, sick world like Canada), and I can't comment on whether or not I think you've used the XY chromosome in a poor fashion, as I still don't know if you have one.

So please. Study up on some decent put-downs, name-calling, or whatever you want to call it, before you enter the ring next time. Otherwise, [Save the fine unicorns] and have a nice day.

(And for the record, since I know you're a crazy canook, STFU stand for "Shut the Fuck Up". And no, I didn't have to go to a dictionary to look that one up for you. So if you have to verify that, then by all means, feel free.)

Ass-Clown. [Finger]

edited to add:

After reading this long-arse post, I realized something else. I believe I could also be called a dick, ass-hole, or many other phrases in that line, as I obviously don't give a shit about what I say to, or about, the opposite party in this discussion... I believe you can look up the word "Aloof", and "non-chalant" to describe my attitude... I frankly just don't care if I offend...

#212803 - 21/11/05 03:07 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Claus Offline

Keyboard Cowboy, One thing that is evident, You have entirely too much time on your hands, You are severely under educated, and you most likely were beat up frequently as a child.

Don't really give a shit if you feel you have to cut and paste the English GED "how to" to be funny, only makes a bigger ass of yourself. So you master the english language, you are still a narrow minded poor excuse of an American. Call me Fruity from the comfort of your Geek cave see if I give a fuck.So continue your attempt to get ahead in life by lecturing others. one day soon you are going to run into someone and get your ass handed to ya, unable to hide behind your 35 word a minute skills . Life is more that cut and paste google searches but being that you are from KY I should lay off and realize that it might just be that you are a product of your dad fucking your sister.

hows that?

#212804 - 21/11/05 04:25 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

wow, when did this shit start happening?

flame suit and popcorn are needed, post-haste.

[Spit]

#212805 - 21/11/05 05:44 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
hows that?
Much better. I'm proud of you. You've managed to put together some coherent thoughts, and stopped talking out your ass. Just brings tears to my eyes.... Baby's all grown up...

[Sleep]

:rolleyes:

#212806 - 21/11/05 05:45 PM Re: Ok. Wrangler or Xterra?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
wow, when did this shit start happening?

flame suit and popcorn are needed, post-haste.

[Spit]
'bout the time some crazy canook took a joke a little to much at heart, I guess. Beats me. But it sure has been a hella' lot of fun!

[Spit]

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal