2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212887 - 24/10/03 01:46 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by SDMF:

I know what you're going to say -- why didn't we get a different vehicle, especially since it's used for urban use, not for off-roading excitement??? *shrugs* Talk to her, y'all -- she wanted a friggin' Xterra, and she wouldn't take "How 'bout a sedan?" for an answer!

While that is a good guess, that is not what I'm going to say.

What I'm going to say is this:

Why on earth are you telling us? Can't stand up to the wife so in a fit of pique you go to the Xterra Owner's Club board, register, and then tell them how much you think their trucks suck?

To refine the comments of others: Your wife is happy. We're happy. That leaves you, bub.

#212888 - 24/10/03 01:51 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
GrayHam Offline

What does SDMF stand for?

#212889 - 24/10/03 02:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
babyX Offline

I test drove one about a year before I bought it. But when I was test driving it, I wasn't paying attention to the handling or the MPG or any of that. I was listening to my friend bitch about being seen around town in a $%^&ing sunshine-yellow truck.

laugh

She hated it, I love it, what can you do? Suck it up and enjoy the ride!

#212890 - 24/10/03 02:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
To refine the comments of others: Your wife is happy. We're happy. That leaves you, bub.
[Spit] [LOL] He called you bub.
Quote:
I am quite unhappy with my husbands 2.003" penis
Quoted from "Big Engines for Men with Little HotRods Magazine" [Finger]

#212891 - 24/10/03 03:22 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]

#212892 - 24/10/03 03:24 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
it seems to go in cycles...

#212893 - 24/10/03 03:41 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey someone voted for me!! laugh My first little trucks! I hope they get better MPG [LOL] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Don't count it!!

Graham, Kinda curious too about that acronym also. Anyone know??

#212894 - 24/10/03 04:02 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
wmtrout Offline

Loc: Oregon
SDMF

I know what you are saying, One would think that ether the HP would be better or the MPG. Other wise a great vehicle.

#212895 - 24/10/03 05:35 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Shoot, I'm happy to be getting 15 MPG with my X, but who cares about gas mileage if you're driving a truck anyways! If it's a big deal ride a bike, take the bus, or get a Chevy Metro!

The X is not a Formula 1 racer, it should not be able to beat a Mustang in a race, the X is not an economy car, it should not get 40 MPG...it's a truck and the mileage it gets is about the average for the type of vehicle it is.

Sounds like she knew what she wanted to tool around in, "put her foot down", and got what she wanted anyways! [Laughing]

DKX01

#212896 - 24/10/03 07:11 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Wags Offline

Loc: Piedmont, SD
Quote:
I get 13 so [Finger]

I'm sure its because of the MT's laugh [/QB]
Roger that... I get 12-14 mpg on the highway with MTRs.

Keith

#212897 - 24/10/03 07:27 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
triton Offline

Loc: Virginia
Here we go with the mpgs again. I just got 372 miles out of 17.8 gallons, that's 20.9 mpg. It was 40% interstate (95 from Richmond to DC) 40% non interstate highways and 20% city. It's all stock with 60K on her.

Everyone here knows the X has the aerodynamics of a brick. If you go over 70 they will slurp down the gas. I'm not usually in a hurry so I rarely stomp or even apply "rapid pressure" to the throttle. If you don't mind getting 13-15 mpg, go ahead and give her the gas, it's your choice. I can't speak for the S/Cs, but the regular Xs can do better, I consistently get 19 or so. The worst thing I get is an occasional "granny" comment from a lead footed passenger.

#212898 - 24/10/03 09:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]
No shit, it seems like it is a capital offense to say anything negative about an Xterra around here. Some of you really need to get a grip.

I like my X, but I am not getting another one after I am done with this one. It no longer fits what I need. Since we bought the X, we have purchased a boat, and I would like to have a tad bit more power for towing it around. I also am finding I need the utility of a pick-up bed more than I need an enclosed cargo area.

It is just a truck, nothing more, nothing less. Some of you seem to consider it the second coming or something. The X is not some higher being that needs to be exalted, it is meant to be driven and then parked in the garage when you are done.

#212899 - 24/10/03 09:46 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I'm gonna guess SDMF is:
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever.

Apparently, "society dwellin' motherfucker" may work, too.

#212900 - 25/10/03 06:59 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]
No shit, it seems like it is a capital offense to say anything negative about an Xterra around here. Some of you really need to get a grip. [/b]
FWIW, my comments above were not meant to further fetishize the Xterra, but rather to call out a fairly obvious troll.

Those energies could be put to better use!

A

#212901 - 25/10/03 02:08 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
ROKN_X Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BORX:
Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

I have a Supercharged X, I barely get 17MPG, I say that is pretty good, and also It is fun to drive. With a Supercharged X, I have no pick up problems, when I have the overdrive off..
Hope this isn't dumb of me, but not having the OD on will give you better acceleration?

#212902 - 25/10/03 02:36 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Canadian5150 Offline

I'd say the only thing dissapointing is the length of this thread.

This is a cult...

REPEAT AFTER ME

We have the best trucks...

Gas mileage is fantastic...

Yellow is the best colour...

#212903 - 25/10/03 02:42 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian5150:

Yellow is the best colour...
Damn Canadians! It's color ! [Finger]

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#212904 - 25/10/03 06:53 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

YELLOW RULES!!
[Smoking]

#212905 - 25/10/03 07:12 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It kills me when people say, "how can I add more power to the X?" or, it doesn't have enough power. What did you think it would do after you bought it, miraclously get more horsepower by sitting in the garage overnight? If you park your 1988 Dodge mini van next to a Lamborgini Contosh, in the parking lot at Saks Fifth Ave will it suddenly gain more power too? I think most people, like me, bought the X because of it's unique appearance, reasonable sticker price, and flexibility. Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage? no, they bought it because it satisfied a need they had, evidently they didn't think the gas consumption would decrease if they parked it next to the new VW Beetle.
Stop your bitching and moaning.

#212906 - 26/10/03 08:46 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
Oh, wait, I forgot, you're used to having a Corvette engine under your hood. (yeah, right) :rolleyes:
All 1994-1996 GM B-bodies (Chevy Caprice/Impala SS, Buick Roadmaster, or Cadillac Fleetwood) came with an option for an LT1 engine, the same engine used in Corvette for those same years. GM chose the LT1 because it adequately produced enough torque and horsepower to move the 4,000+-pound vehicles. The only real differnce between the b-body engines and the ones used in the Corvettes was that they exchanged some horsepower for torque (to get the big whales off the line a little better since they weigh more than the Vette) and the Corvette LT1 has aluminum heads. [ThumbsUp]

#212907 - 26/10/03 08:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:

Why on earth are you telling us? Can't stand up to the wife so in a fit of pique you go to the Xterra Owner's Club board, register, and then tell them how much you think their trucks suck?

[/QB][/QUOTE]

I didn't register just to complain. I'm not a troll, as someone stated earlier. If offering a dissenting opinion offends some of you, I suggest you skip thread that aren't of the same opinion as yours.

#212908 - 26/10/03 08:52 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wmtrout:
SDMF

I know what you are saying, One would think that ether the HP would be better or the MPG. Other wise a great vehicle.
Really, that IS all I'm saying. I never said there was anything else wrong with this vehicle. In fact, I think it handles well, and I like everything aboutt he interior. I just expected more acceleration performance for the HP & torque rating.

Some people apparently mis-read my initial post, which never slammed the X as an off-road vehicle. I just wish my wife had chosen something else. I was just venting and seeing if anyone else felt the same way. Some people do, and some people get overly-offensice if you offer constructive criticism. :rolleyes: Oh well, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

My wife hates my Roadmaster Wagon, and I dislike her Xterra's acceleration and gas mileage. [Smoking]

#212909 - 26/10/03 08:55 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
I'm gonna guess SDMF is:
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever.

Apparently, "society dwellin' motherfucker" may work, too.
Correct, although it meant Society Dwelling Mother Fucker before it was Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever. For more info please check out the bulletin board at www.BlackLabelSociety.net . They're way more tougher on No0bs than you rookies. :rolleyes:

#212910 - 26/10/03 09:02 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackhawk:

Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage?
Yes they do. Poor gas mileage was the number one complaint for H2 owners according to JD Power.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212911 - 26/10/03 09:16 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackhawk:

[b]Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage?
Yes they do. Poor gas mileage was the number one complaint for H2 owners according to JD Power.[/b]
Wow, that's interesting and surprising! eek

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal