2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212937 - 27/10/03 10:34 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
Quote:
Originally posted by CCX:
Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already!
[/b]
I second that motion! [Wave] [Save the fine unicorns] ALREADY [Wave]

Let's see the wife now.

#212938 - 27/10/03 12:02 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already!
[/b]
Not really. If you remove the off-road uses from the comparison, they are actually very similar vehicles. I say that because we, along with about 90% of the other SUV-owners we see, do NOT use their SUV's for their full purpose, which is the ability to take the vehicle where conventional cars cannot go. I tried to convicer her to get a minivan, but she won't have it. So, stuck with an SUV.

So, off-roading aside, I compare my station wagon to my wife's SUV quite often. On the plus side, the Xterra sits way higher than most other vehicles, giving you a great view of traffic in all directions, something I appreciate being only 5'8". wink The Xterra is also much smaller and has a shorter turn radius, making parking, especially in a garage, very, very easy. The Xterra is also newer, so it's more likely to NOT have mechanical problems when it reaches 75,000 miles and 9 years of age.

On the other hand, I have FAR MORE cargo capacity in my Wagon. For example, this past weekend, we drove to Macon, Ga, to a furniture store and ended up purchasing a full-sized coffee table, as well as a decorative clock that measured 3'x3' and 6" deep. It all fit in the back of the Wagon, and we still didn't have to fold down the second row of seats (we had the kids with us). In fact, the furniture didn't even hang over their heads from the back cargo area. But if need be, the second row of seats also folds down, creating a cargo space large enough to fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, plus anything 3' high or less you want to stack on top of it.

The Wagon gets better mileage, and with over 260 horsepower, has absolutely no problem merging into traffic, highway or otherwise. Being lower to the ground, it handles a bit better than the X, but I'm slamming the X's capabilities in the handling department. As I already stated, I think it handles very well compared to other SUV's I've driven.

The Wagon is going on 10 years' of age and creeping up on 76K miles. Since buying it, I've had to seriously recharge the R134a, flush the tranny, flush the radiator, and do a minor exhaust repair. No biggie, it cost less than 1/3 of the Xterra's price, and came with leather seats. :p laugh

#212939 - 27/10/03 12:06 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:

Let's see the wife now.

That's her arm. Sorry, best I can do on short notice. laugh wink :p cool

#212940 - 27/10/03 12:15 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by SDMF:
Quote:
[b]Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already![/b]
Not really. If you remove the off-road uses from the comparison, they are actually very similar vehicles. I say that because we, along with about 90% of the other SUV-owners we see, do NOT use their SUV's for their full purpose, which is the ability to take the vehicle where conventional cars cannot go. I tried to convicer her to get a minivan, but she won't have it. So, stuck with an SUV.[/b]
It's still an apples vs oranges arguement. If you are not going to take full advantage of an SUV, then you should have gotten a minivan (same goes for the other 90% of SUV owners out there). You would have been much happier.

Comparing the performance qualities of an SUV to a Wagon/minivan/car/motorcycle/RV is silly at best.

Now, if you compare the Xterra to other SUV's out there - then you have a pretty good arguement. [Freak]

#212941 - 27/10/03 12:28 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[QUOTE]It's still an apples vs oranges arguement. If you are not going to take full advantage of an SUV, then you should have gotten a minivan (same goes for the other 90% of SUV owners out there). You would have been much happier.
[LOL] You're preaching to the choir! I didn't want her to get an SUV!! LOL! But hey, we're stuck withthe two vehicles we've got, so I'm going to compare them all the time! Human nature, I guess. [Smoking]

#212942 - 27/10/03 12:32 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Shat's the boy gining her...A frog or a snake?... [Wave]

#212943 - 27/10/03 12:43 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Shat's the boy gining her...A frog or a snake?... [Wave]
It's a very, very small bream. That's Justice, my oldest son. That was one of the boys' first times fishing, so actually holding the fish they caught wasn't as much fun as hooking them. My younger son, Greyson, didn't mind holding them too much:

#212944 - 27/10/03 02:08 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, just when I thought you have no redeeming qualities, there you go posting a pic of your kids fishing. laugh

#212945 - 28/10/03 07:12 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Good Looking boy there. How the heck did a hook fit in that fishes mouth I'm wondering? I bet he likes the XTERRA and could give a hoot about the MPG and probably finds it plenty peppy enough too. (Especially when heading to the fishing spots) [Laughing]

#212946 - 28/10/03 08:35 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good Looking boy there. How the heck did a hook fit in that fishes mouth I'm wondering? I bet he likes the XTERRA and could give a hoot about the MPG and probably finds it plenty peppy enough too. (Especially when heading to the fishing spots) [Laughing]
Actually, both boys dislike the wife's Xterra because they don't like having to climb in and out of it. On the other hand, they LOVE my wagon because the 3rd row of seats, where they normally sit, faces backwards.

They love it back there because they get to look at who's "chasing us" as well as cut-up and be sassy without being in smacking range of mommy & daddy. wink

No kidding, one two occaisions they have literally broken down in tears when we've said we're going out somewhere and they didn't get to go in "Daddy's cool car" as they call it. [Finger]

#212947 - 28/10/03 09:06 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
When I was a kid, I loved riding in the 3rd seat of my parents huge Pontiac station wagon. Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212948 - 28/10/03 09:42 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
When I was a kid, I loved riding in the 3rd seat of my parents huge Pontiac station wagon. Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh
Yep, I remember the days well...Can you believe there's a guy down the street from me that has a CHEVY station wagon with the dissapearing tailgate and glass???!!!

Oh JEEZE....The kids cry when they have to ride in the XTERRA...Really now, come on. Sounds like the wife gets to cruise in peace and quiet or with the jams up loud if she wants.= Happy wife

#212949 - 28/10/03 09:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

You're raising a couple of sissies.

...but at least we know where the whiney-bitch gene comes from; it sure ain't your wife.

#212950 - 28/10/03 09:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
My dad old Plymoth and Chevy used to have those rear facing seats too. They were cool when I was little, but when I got older, they got annoying. What always bugged me was that at red lights, you just sat there facing the person behind you.

This one time, we almost got rear-ended and I got a front row seat for the action. Pretty scary, I kept imagining my legs snapping and breaking off from the collision. The guy somehow stopped in time, but I was pretty sh*t faced though. Actually, so was the other guy...since we were facing it each other I got to see his every expression. [Geek]

#212951 - 28/10/03 10:27 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh
Yeah, those were the days! Now THE LAW will write you up pretty quickly for driving with either of those open and kids facing out the back! :p

#212952 - 28/10/03 10:33 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

...but at least we know where the whiney-bitch gene comes from; it sure ain't your wife.
Really, is that the best you can do? Weak. [Sleep] You disappoint me with your debating skills. Why is it an internet argument almost always has to degrade to name-calling and the like? Can't you have an intelligent debate without taking it personally? Try again when you have something useful to add to the conversation. :rolleyes:

#212953 - 28/10/03 10:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

Really, is that the best you can do? Weak. [Sleep] You disappoint me with your debating skills. Why is it an internet argument almost always has to degrade to name-calling and the like? Can't you have an intelligent debate without taking it personally? Try again when you have something useful to add to the conversation. :rolleyes: [/b]
you smell like poo and ur mom is a hoar

#212954 - 28/10/03 10:53 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[Spit]

#212955 - 28/10/03 10:59 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hoar? confused

www.dictionary.com

Yeah, you described her perfectly! She is old and gray..... :rolleyes:

#212956 - 28/10/03 11:09 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Shouldn't you be trolling some other board, clownboat?

Seriously, what you're doing would be equivalent to any one of us going to the Honda Element or VW Beetle boards and talking about how bad they are.

We have no real reason to do that unless we're just griefing the people there. You're not the "owner," and all yo do is bitch about the Xterra. What do you honestly expect?

Also:

u hav ugly fingerz

#212957 - 28/10/03 11:12 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Seriously, what you're doing would be equivalent to any one of us going to the Honda Element or VW Beetle boards and talking about how bad they are.

You seem to be missing my point. I never said how bad the Xterra is. I just said I was disappointed with it's acceleration and MPG. You must not have read any of my posts that said how much I liked other aspects of the vehicle.

I think Nissan makes GREAT vehicles, which is why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the X. I expected more based on the other NIssan's I've driven, that's all. If you can't take a little constructive criticism, then you shouldn't be allowed to surf the net. [Smoking]

#212958 - 28/10/03 11:14 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Oh good grief, he's still here?? At the risk of feeding the troll...

Yes, what Tremor said.

If you hate the Xterra (and your kids hate it so much-Dern your wife holds the power who did you marry, Margaret Thatcher?) why are subjecting yourself to us? We drive Xterras!!! We like them.

What, is the roadmaster board not engaging enough?

A

#212959 - 28/10/03 11:15 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]

You seem to be missing my point. I never said how bad the Xterra is. I just said I was disappointed with it's acceleration and MPG. You must not have read any of my posts that said how much I liked other aspects of the vehicle.

I think Nissan makes GREAT vehicles, which is why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the X. I expected more based on the other NIssan's I've driven, that's all. If you can't take a little constructive criticism, then you shouldn't be allowed to surf the net. [Smoking] [/b]
You're a tool. Get off of my internet.

#212960 - 28/10/03 11:16 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
Oh good grief, he's still here?? At the risk of feeding the troll...

Yes, what Tremor said.

If you hate the Xterra (and your kids hate it so much-Dern your wife holds the power who did you marry, Margaret Thatcher?) why are subjecting yourself to us? We drive Xterras!!! We like them.

What, is the roadmaster board not engaging enough?

A
I'm sorry everyone got the impression that I hate the X. Nothing could be further from the truth. But apparently, in your world, any criticism equates to hate. Seems like you're the ones coming across with hate, not me. laugh

#212961 - 28/10/03 11:17 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Well, that's true. I sure as hell hate you.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal