2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#212862 - 24/10/03 09:41 AM Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm quite disappointed with my wife's 2003 Xterra. It is seriously underpowered and gets terrible mileage. Shoot, my 4,400-pound Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon with a LT1 V-8 in it gets better mileage than her Xterra! That's sad.

For a 3.3L V-6, I expected better, especially since it's very close to the engine used in Nissan's more prestigious vehicles. It takes serious pressure on the gas to get the car moving to roadway speeds, and that only kills the mileage even worse.

I know what you're going to say -- why didn't we get a different vehicle, especially since it's used for urban use, not for off-roading excitement??? *shrugs* Talk to her, y'all -- she wanted a friggin' Xterra, and she wouldn't take "How 'bout a sedan?" for an answer!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say: Just bitchin', I guess. Nothing I can do about it now. [Freak]

#212863 - 24/10/03 09:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Did you not test drive or check the MPG on the sticker?

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#212864 - 24/10/03 09:46 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Did you not test drive or check the MPG on the sticker?
...or get on XOC, before you got the X... [Crybaby]

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#212865 - 24/10/03 09:47 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
dezurtrat Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ
What kind of mileage are you getting? I always felt my X accelerated up to speed just fine! Have you though about a trip to the dealer to have it checked out?

Mike

#212866 - 24/10/03 09:48 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love the X. I could give a rats ass about the gas mileage.

#212867 - 24/10/03 10:02 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

I have a Supercharged X, I barely get 17MPG, I say that is pretty good, and also It is fun to drive. With a Supercharged X, I have no pick up problems, when I have the overdrive off..

#212868 - 24/10/03 10:09 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally posted by BORX:
Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

I have a Supercharged X, I barely get 17MPG, I say that is pretty good, and also It is fun to drive. With a Supercharged X, I have no pick up problems, when I have the overdrive off..
Must be nice.

#212869 - 24/10/03 10:18 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
GrayHam Offline

You guys must be doing it wrong.

2001 V6. No S/C. Automatic.

I have never been unable to keep up with traffic. Ever. I get walked away from by Mustangs and BMWs, sure, but those guys are standing on the throttle, and there's no keeping up with them in almost any SUV . . .

Little hint: Turn off the O/D, and do not stomp on the gas. That bogs the Xterra down.

Give the throttle increasing pressure, and the engine will respond. Just don't mash it!

The Xterra is not a hot rod, but is not a sluggish pig. Learn how to drive your truck . . .

#212870 - 24/10/03 10:22 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Quote:
Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

I get 13 so [Finger]

I'm sure its because of the MT's laugh
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#212871 - 24/10/03 10:24 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Give the throttle increasing pressure, and the engine will respond. Just don't mash it!

I agree. I have a 5-speed, none SC, normal v6, 2001. When I mash the gas, it does nothing. When I gradually apply pressure, then it picks up just fine. The Xterra is easily one of the slowest vehicles I have ever driven, but its definetly manageable in SF Bay Area traffic, and I have no complaints. It is what it should be - a slow SUV.

Is your Xterra your wifes primary vehicle? does she complain about the sluggishness, or is it just you? If she doesn't complain, and it sounds like she chose the vehicle, then she should otherwise be pretty happy with it - right?

#212872 - 24/10/03 10:25 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
You guys must be doing it wrong.

2001 V6. No S/C. Automatic.

I have never been unable to keep up with traffic. Ever. I get walked away from by Mustangs and BMWs, sure, but those guys are standing on the throttle, and there's no keeping up with them in almost any SUV . . .

Little hint: Turn off the O/D, and do [b]not
stomp on the gas. That bogs the Xterra down.

The Xterra is not a hot rod, but is not a sluggish pig. Learn how to drive your truck . . .[/b]
I second that notion! I've never read so many post on MPG for the X as I have the last week or so. For crying out loud [Crybaby] , if MPG is so important avoid all SUV's period.

hey someone voted for me!! laugh My first little trucks! I hope they get better MPG [LOL]

#212873 - 24/10/03 10:37 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
Quote:
Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

17 MPG? You lucky bugga. I only get 13-14 tops with ny S/C X. No whining here though. I expected to get worse mileage than I got with my 2000 X and it has remained the same. Gas prices do keep going up though. I just paid $2.23 per gallon for Super Unleaded [Crybaby]

Chaney

#212874 - 24/10/03 10:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
cbx Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
If you bought the truck brand new...there is always a break in period, after which you can expect your mileage to improve. Dont know how many miles are on yours now, but I've found this to be true. Give it a little time and at least your mileage will get better.
-cbx

#212875 - 24/10/03 10:48 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Happy Birthday daventx Offline

Loc: Midtown Houston, Texas
Take it back, get a Camry and be done with the bitching.
I love my X despite the gas and power.
Then again I didnt by an SUV to win the Gand Prix.

#212876 - 24/10/03 11:24 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra

Quote:
Originally posted by CCX:
Horsepower issues - it's called a test drive
Gas mileage issues - there is a sticker on the window when you buy it. :rolleyes:

You work here? - http://tcsdesign.com/Default.htm

And this is your home page? - http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/

Scary eek
so you have top secret clearance and hang with Zakk Wilde?
Cool.

#212877 - 24/10/03 11:37 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Loc: TEXAS
"...and she wouldn't take "How 'bout a sedan?" for an answer!"

I don't blame her.

Just to make you feel better, I hate my wife's car as well....but...She likes it and that is all that matters at my house. I got the X and she has the crap (my opinion)...A happy woman in one's home is worth a whole lot to some I guess.

[Wave]

#212878 - 24/10/03 11:53 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
I average 15 mpg in my Xterra, and my wifes 2003 Ford Explorer (XLT 4x4, 4.0 L V6) gets 17 mpg.

[Crybaby]

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212879 - 24/10/03 12:06 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Horsepower issues - it's called a test drive
Gas mileage issues - there is a sticker on the window when you buy it. :rolleyes:

You work here? - http://tcsdesign.com/Default.htm

And this is your home page? - http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/

Scary eek
I don't know why you think that's scary, but you're uninformed opinion is worthless to me unless you car to comment further. :rolleyes:

Fellas, believe me, I tried to get her to test drive it first, and she didn't. I don't know why. If you think you can uinderstand the female brain any better, you're welcome to give it a shot. I wish she had test driven it.

But, no, she doesn't complain. I DO!!! I still have to drive it occaisionally, even though she is the primary driver. And when I do drive it, I'm always grumbling about it's lack of power. I guess that's what happens when you're used to a Corvette engine under your hood.

Thanks for the easy throttle advice. I'll try it next time. I've never been one for mashing on the gas in any vehicle I drive, but maybe I need to baby this one even more than I'm used to when it comes to accelleration. I'll give it a try and see if I have better results. THANKS!

#212880 - 24/10/03 12:08 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by daventx:
[QUOTE]you have top secret clearance and hang with Zakk Wilde?
Cool.
Zakk Wylde. And no, it's not a secret society or anything like that. Anyone who dig's Zakk's work is an SDMF and get's to hang.

#212881 - 24/10/03 12:09 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bonesnTX:

A happy woman in one's home is worth a whole lot to some I guess.

[Wave]
True, true. laugh [ThumbsUp]

#212882 - 24/10/03 12:52 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra

Get the family in the Vista Cruiser and head to Wally World!

#212883 - 24/10/03 01:03 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
daven8844x Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SDMF:
I know what you're going to say -- why didn't we get a different vehicle, especially since it's used for urban use, not for off-roading excitement??? *shrugs* Talk to her, y'all -- she wanted a friggin' Xterra, and she wouldn't take "How 'bout a sedan?" for an answer!
Well if you're letting her make the decision then she should be the one on the board bitchin'. If she's happy with it then it doesn't matter.

#212884 - 24/10/03 01:16 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
blah blah blah If you think you can uinderstand the female brain any better, you're welcome to give it a shot blah blah blah she doesn't complain. I DO!!! I still have to drive it occaisionally, even though she is the primary driver. And when I do drive it, I'm always grumbling about it's lack of power. I guess that's what happens when you're used to a Corvette engine under your hood. [e-penis++]
Maybe you'd be better off riding in this:

#212885 - 24/10/03 01:37 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Andre the Giant Offline

Loc: Cape Girardeau, MO
When we bought the Xterra, we bought it for the styling, utility and ruggedness of the vehicle. If you want sportscar speed and handling, might I suggest a Nissan 350 Z. Oh, wait, I forgot, you're used to having a Corvette engine under your hood. (yeah, right) :rolleyes:

Maybe you should take her Xterra and trade it in on a Porche Cayanne. I think you'd be happier with that.

#212886 - 24/10/03 01:46 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally posted by Andre the Giant:
When we bought the Xterra, we bought it for the styling, utility and ruggedness of the vehicle. If you want sportscar speed and handling, might I suggest a Nissan 350 Z. Oh, wait, I forgot, you're used to having a Corvette engine under your hood. (yeah, right) :rolleyes:

Maybe you should take her Xterra and trade it in on a Porche Cayanne. I think you'd be happier with that.
I'd be happier with an Xterra, a Z, and about 10 grand in my pocket. laugh

#212887 - 24/10/03 01:46 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Loc: Wheat Ridge, CO
Quote:

While that is a good guess, that is not what I'm going to say.

What I'm going to say is this:

Why on earth are you telling us? Can't stand up to the wife so in a fit of pique you go to the Xterra Owner's Club board, register, and then tell them how much you think their trucks suck?

To refine the comments of others: Your wife is happy. We're happy. That leaves you, bub.

#212888 - 24/10/03 01:51 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
GrayHam Offline

What does SDMF stand for?

#212889 - 24/10/03 02:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
babyX Offline

I test drove one about a year before I bought it. But when I was test driving it, I wasn't paying attention to the handling or the MPG or any of that. I was listening to my friend bitch about being seen around town in a $%^&ing sunshine-yellow truck.

laugh

She hated it, I love it, what can you do? Suck it up and enjoy the ride!

#212890 - 24/10/03 02:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
To refine the comments of others: Your wife is happy. We're happy. That leaves you, bub.
[Spit] [LOL] He called you bub.
Quote:
I am quite unhappy with my husbands 2.003" penis
Quoted from "Big Engines for Men with Little HotRods Magazine" [Finger]

#212891 - 24/10/03 03:22 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]

#212892 - 24/10/03 03:24 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
it seems to go in cycles...

#212893 - 24/10/03 03:41 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey someone voted for me!! laugh My first little trucks! I hope they get better MPG [LOL] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Don't count it!!

Graham, Kinda curious too about that acronym also. Anyone know??

#212894 - 24/10/03 04:02 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
wmtrout Offline

Loc: Oregon
SDMF

I know what you are saying, One would think that ether the HP would be better or the MPG. Other wise a great vehicle.

#212895 - 24/10/03 05:35 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
DKX01 Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA
Shoot, I'm happy to be getting 15 MPG with my X, but who cares about gas mileage if you're driving a truck anyways! If it's a big deal ride a bike, take the bus, or get a Chevy Metro!

The X is not a Formula 1 racer, it should not be able to beat a Mustang in a race, the X is not an economy car, it should not get 40 MPG...it's a truck and the mileage it gets is about the average for the type of vehicle it is.

Sounds like she knew what she wanted to tool around in, "put her foot down", and got what she wanted anyways! [Laughing]

DKX01

#212896 - 24/10/03 07:11 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Wags Offline

Loc: Piedmont, SD
Quote:
I get 13 so [Finger]

I'm sure its because of the MT's laugh [/QB]
Roger that... I get 12-14 mpg on the highway with MTRs.

Keith

#212897 - 24/10/03 07:27 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
triton Offline

Loc: Virginia
Here we go with the mpgs again. I just got 372 miles out of 17.8 gallons, that's 20.9 mpg. It was 40% interstate (95 from Richmond to DC) 40% non interstate highways and 20% city. It's all stock with 60K on her.

Everyone here knows the X has the aerodynamics of a brick. If you go over 70 they will slurp down the gas. I'm not usually in a hurry so I rarely stomp or even apply "rapid pressure" to the throttle. If you don't mind getting 13-15 mpg, go ahead and give her the gas, it's your choice. I can't speak for the S/Cs, but the regular Xs can do better, I consistently get 19 or so. The worst thing I get is an occasional "granny" comment from a lead footed passenger.

#212898 - 24/10/03 09:05 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]
No shit, it seems like it is a capital offense to say anything negative about an Xterra around here. Some of you really need to get a grip.

I like my X, but I am not getting another one after I am done with this one. It no longer fits what I need. Since we bought the X, we have purchased a boat, and I would like to have a tad bit more power for towing it around. I also am finding I need the utility of a pick-up bed more than I need an enclosed cargo area.

It is just a truck, nothing more, nothing less. Some of you seem to consider it the second coming or something. The X is not some higher being that needs to be exalted, it is meant to be driven and then parked in the garage when you are done.

#212899 - 24/10/03 09:46 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I'm gonna guess SDMF is:
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever.

Apparently, "society dwellin' motherfucker" may work, too.

#212900 - 25/10/03 06:59 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
[b]Man you guys are ruthless these days... [Huh?]
No shit, it seems like it is a capital offense to say anything negative about an Xterra around here. Some of you really need to get a grip. [/b]
FWIW, my comments above were not meant to further fetishize the Xterra, but rather to call out a fairly obvious troll.

Those energies could be put to better use!

A

#212901 - 25/10/03 02:08 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
ROKN_X Offline

Quote:
Gas Mileage, BLAHHH

Hope this isn't dumb of me, but not having the OD on will give you better acceleration?

#212902 - 25/10/03 02:36 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Canadian5150 Offline

I'd say the only thing dissapointing is the length of this thread.

This is a cult...

REPEAT AFTER ME

We have the best trucks...

Gas mileage is fantastic...

Yellow is the best colour...

#212903 - 25/10/03 02:42 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadian5150:

Yellow is the best colour...
Damn Canadians! It's color ! [Finger]

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#212904 - 25/10/03 06:53 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

YELLOW RULES!!
[Smoking]

#212905 - 25/10/03 07:12 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

It kills me when people say, "how can I add more power to the X?" or, it doesn't have enough power. What did you think it would do after you bought it, miraclously get more horsepower by sitting in the garage overnight? If you park your 1988 Dodge mini van next to a Lamborgini Contosh, in the parking lot at Saks Fifth Ave will it suddenly gain more power too? I think most people, like me, bought the X because of it's unique appearance, reasonable sticker price, and flexibility. Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage? no, they bought it because it satisfied a need they had, evidently they didn't think the gas consumption would decrease if they parked it next to the new VW Beetle.
Stop your bitching and moaning.

#212906 - 26/10/03 08:46 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh, wait, I forgot, you're used to having a Corvette engine under your hood. (yeah, right) :rolleyes:
All 1994-1996 GM B-bodies (Chevy Caprice/Impala SS, Buick Roadmaster, or Cadillac Fleetwood) came with an option for an LT1 engine, the same engine used in Corvette for those same years. GM chose the LT1 because it adequately produced enough torque and horsepower to move the 4,000+-pound vehicles. The only real differnce between the b-body engines and the ones used in the Corvettes was that they exchanged some horsepower for torque (to get the big whales off the line a little better since they weigh more than the Vette) and the Corvette LT1 has aluminum heads. [ThumbsUp]

#212907 - 26/10/03 08:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:

Why on earth are you telling us? Can't stand up to the wife so in a fit of pique you go to the Xterra Owner's Club board, register, and then tell them how much you think their trucks suck?

[/QB][/QUOTE]

I didn't register just to complain. I'm not a troll, as someone stated earlier. If offering a dissenting opinion offends some of you, I suggest you skip thread that aren't of the same opinion as yours.

#212908 - 26/10/03 08:52 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wmtrout:
SDMF

I know what you are saying, One would think that ether the HP would be better or the MPG. Other wise a great vehicle.
Really, that IS all I'm saying. I never said there was anything else wrong with this vehicle. In fact, I think it handles well, and I like everything aboutt he interior. I just expected more acceleration performance for the HP & torque rating.

Some people apparently mis-read my initial post, which never slammed the X as an off-road vehicle. I just wish my wife had chosen something else. I was just venting and seeing if anyone else felt the same way. Some people do, and some people get overly-offensice if you offer constructive criticism. :rolleyes: Oh well, you can't please all of the people all of the time.

My wife hates my Roadmaster Wagon, and I dislike her Xterra's acceleration and gas mileage. [Smoking]

#212909 - 26/10/03 08:55 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
I'm gonna guess SDMF is:
Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever.

Apparently, "society dwellin' motherfucker" may work, too.
Correct, although it meant Society Dwelling Mother Fucker before it was Strength, Determination, Merciless, Forever. For more info please check out the bulletin board at www.BlackLabelSociety.net . They're way more tougher on No0bs than you rookies. :rolleyes:

#212910 - 26/10/03 09:02 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackhawk:

Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage?
Yes they do. Poor gas mileage was the number one complaint for H2 owners according to JD Power.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212911 - 26/10/03 09:16 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Quote:

[b]Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage?
Yes they do. Poor gas mileage was the number one complaint for H2 owners according to JD Power.[/b]
Wow, that's interesting and surprising! eek

#212912 - 26/10/03 09:46 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Xterra Kid 2003 Offline

Loc: Bozeman MT, originally Detroit...
Quote:
Quote:

[b]Do owners of the Hummer or the Excursion complain about the gas milage?
Yes they do. Poor gas mileage was the number one complaint for H2 owners according to JD Power.[/b]
Well when JD Power asks you what you DONT like about your truck the things that come to mind are "I have to fill it up every 4 days". It is a hastle but we accept it but when asked what we dont like its something we dont like.

#212913 - 26/10/03 10:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
...I like my X, but I am not getting another one after I am done with this one. It no longer fits what I need. Since we bought the X, we have purchased a boat, and I would like to have a tad bit more power for towing it around. I also am finding I need the utility of a pick-up bed more than I need an enclosed cargo area....
Sounds like Titan is on its way... laugh

#212914 - 26/10/03 07:21 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
gmaxis Offline

Loc: America's Finest city
Quote:
My wife hates my Roadmaster Wagon, and I dislike her Xterra's acceleration and gas mileage. [Smoking]
We'd love to hear from your wife on this forum!

#212915 - 26/10/03 07:54 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by XSAL:
Quote:
[b]...I like my X, but I am not getting another one after I am done with this one. It no longer fits what I need. Since we bought the X, we have purchased a boat, and I would like to have a tad bit more power for towing it around. I also am finding I need the utility of a pick-up bed more than I need an enclosed cargo area....
Sounds like Titan is on its way... laugh [/b]
I would love to get a Titan, but Fords are much cheaper. I know everyone hates Fords around here, but I had fewer problems with the Explorer I had than with my X which I replaced it with. Those new F-150's look pretty nice.

#212916 - 26/10/03 08:40 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good idea SDMF, if you wanna race your X then put a Vette engine in it and it may haul ass. Better not give Nissan that idea, they may try to get better MPG out of it by replacing the current engine with a lawn mower engine.

#212917 - 26/10/03 08:42 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think the Excursion gets,what,about 10 MPG? I don't know what the hell the Hummer gets. I think they rate that one by gallons per mile. the oil companies must wet their pants knowing all the profit they'll make off Hummer owners.

#212918 - 26/10/03 09:44 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Xterra Owners Club.
This is your wife's car right?
"'Nuff said"

In response to the "does turning the O/D off actually increase acceleration" question:

The answer is yes, and not just for an Xterra, but pretty much any vehicle with an automatic tranny and overdrive. Same thing as driving in "D", as compared to "O/D". By driving with the O/D off the transmission allows the engine to rev higher before shifting gears up. OD is great for the highway when you're at a fairly constant speed as it keeps the RPM's lower and thus conserves fuel usage.

Disclaimer: I'm fairly new here so feel free to correct any of the above incorrect information.

#212919 - 26/10/03 09:47 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

My guess is that the people who own Hummers have very few things to complain about in life, so they picked gas mileage. No offfense to any H2 owners, I really like the "Jack" commericial.

#212920 - 27/10/03 02:56 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TXTERRA78:
Xterra Owners Club.
This is your wife's car right?
"'Nuff said"

In response to the "does turning the O/D off actually increase acceleration" question:

The answer is yes, and not just for an Xterra, but pretty much any vehicle with an automatic tranny and overdrive.
Even more than that, actually. Acceleration is aided by turning the A/C off in any vehicle, regardless of tranny; the A/C draws HP from the engine - that HP is available for acceleration when it is turned off -
Just don't open the windows instead; the air drag will cause more HP drain than the A/C at higher speeds.

Terry

#212921 - 27/10/03 04:11 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good idea SDMF, if you wanna race your X then put a Vette engine in it and it may haul ass. Better not give Nissan that idea, they may try to get better MPG out of it by replacing the current engine with a lawn mower engine.
LOL! Yeah, I won't tell Nissan! [LOL] But I don't race, especially on streets. Too dangerous and too costly if you get caught.

#212922 - 27/10/03 04:12 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gmaxis:
We'd love to hear from your wife on this forum![/QUOTE]

I highly doubt you'll see her here. She's a stay-at-home mother, so she doesn't have time to get on-line and chat. Me, on the other hand.....I get to do this at work all day when I'm not working. laugh wink

#212923 - 27/10/03 04:57 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Quote:

I would love to get a Titan, but Fords are much cheaper. I know everyone hates Fords around here, but I had fewer problems with the Explorer I had than with my X which I replaced it with. Those new F-150's look pretty nice.
I agree. No problems with my wifes 2003 Explorer so far (knock on wood), and I too think the new F150 is sweet. If the redesigned Explorer is any indication of what the new F150 is like, Ford will have another big winner. One just has to look around to see how many 2002-2004 Ford Explorers are on the road these days.

This year I drove from Cleveland OH to NY city, and I have to say driving the Explore was a complete joy, definitely the smoothest/quitest/easy to drive SUV I've ever drove (8 1/2 hours of driving with NO back pain!). I've stated before, I hope the Titan sells well, then Ford will have to bring back those rebates/low interest rates. They were practically giving away the Explorer 3 months ago. Even back in Feburary when we bought the 2003 XLT 4x4, I had no problem getting it at invoice, top dollar for our 2001 Honda CR-V trade, $2500 cash back, free third row seat, AND 3.9% interest for 5 yr.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Xterra, but I'm glad we took the Explorer when we went to Ohio. I'm sure the Titan will be a solid truck and all, but I have a feeling they're going to want too much for it. In these days of a shaky economy and increasing layoffs, Nissan better not get too cocky when it comes to their vehicles.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212924 - 27/10/03 05:45 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If Gas Mileage is the problem then from investigating these forums closely and a few other sites I see that the following is reccomended by some folks to ease the gas bill:

1. The K&N Air Intake - Get rid of the restrictive old box, should set you back around $220.

2. Get a Good set of spark plugs, don't skimp.

3. Tornado Fuel Saver - Available on Ebay for $40 or $50.

This not only saves on Gas mileage but will add a little more power, then for the ultimate power gain and another increase add a less restrictive Exhaust system and you should be laughing all the way to the Gas station with 3 or 4 mpg better.

Now has anyone tried any of these mods and seen an improvement? As I plan to add these to my 2000 5 speed shortly.

#212925 - 27/10/03 06:34 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:

If Gas Mileage is the problem then from investigating these forums closely and a few other sites I see that the following is reccomended by some folks to ease the gas bill:

1. The K&N Air Intake - Get rid of the restrictive old box, should set you back around $220.

2. Get a Good set of spark plugs, don't skimp.

3. Tornado Fuel Saver - Available on Ebay for $40 or $50.

This not only saves on Gas mileage but will add a little more power, then for the ultimate power gain and another increase add a less restrictive Exhaust system and you should be laughing all the way to the Gas station with 3 or 4 mpg better.

Now has anyone tried any of these mods and seen an improvement? As I plan to add these to my 2000 5 speed shortly.
You're kidding, right?

eek

1) I've seen NO increase in mpg since installing my K&N drop in filter and modifing my air box. More responsive yes, better mileage no.

2) How will changing your already good stock plugs help (unless they're old)? I've installed iridium plugs in my truck, better starting and a smoother idle, but again no change in mpg.

3) A Tornado Fuel Saver? absolutely useless for a fuel injected motor. Big waste of money (i.e. "snake oil").

In addition, I've also installed a Gibson S.S. exhaust system, and I never get a chuckle when filling my gas tank. To make a long story short, after adding/modifing my Xterra, my truck is more responsive than it was stock, but I get the same gas mileage (average 15 - 16 mpg).

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212926 - 27/10/03 06:52 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree that Tornado Fuel Saver does not help one bit.

#212927 - 27/10/03 06:56 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Andre the Giant Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Oh, wait, I forgot, you're used to having a Corvette engine under your hood. (yeah, right) :rolleyes:
All 1994-1996 GM B-bodies (Chevy Caprice/Impala SS, Buick Roadmaster, or Cadillac Fleetwood) came with an option for an LT1 engine, the same engine used in Corvette for those same years. GM chose the LT1 because it adequately produced enough torque and horsepower to move the 4,000+-pound vehicles. The only real differnce between the b-body engines and the ones used in the Corvettes was that they exchanged some horsepower for torque (to get the big whales off the line a little better since they weigh more than the Vette) and the Corvette LT1 has aluminum heads. [ThumbsUp] [/b]
So you drive a road barge. Which one is it? I'm sure it gets great milage. :rolleyes:
Oh, I see from later posts that it's a Caprice station wagon. That's a great street racing machine in my book.

To each his own. You don't like the handling, milage or the horsepower. I find those attributes to be quite acceptable and suitable for the vehicle. When we want to drive fast and take the twisties, we choose a sports car. When we want to go somewhere, haul stuff, tow a trailer, go off the beaten path, etc. we take the Xterra.

I hope you and your wife don't spend too much time bashing each other's ride... that's not too healthy in a marriage.

Have a nice day. [Wave]

#212928 - 27/10/03 06:56 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by durango:
I agree that Tornado Fuel Saver does not help one bit.
Yeah, I've heard the "snake oil" rumors, too. If it were that great, it would be advertised on TV during "Freinds." laugh :rolleyes:

#212929 - 27/10/03 07:27 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
So you drive a road barge. Which one is it? I'm sure it gets great milage. :rolleyes:
Oh, I see from later posts that it's a Caprice station wagon. That's a great street racing machine in my book.

To each his own. You don't like the handling, milage or the horsepower. [/QUOTE]

You don't read too well. First of all, it's a Roadmaster Wagon, not a Caprice. And, as I also stated before, it gets VERY good mileage for a 4400-pound, 5.7-liter V-8. As I stated in my original post, it gets better mileage than a V-6 Xterra. I get around 24 on the highway and 20-21 in the city.

I also said I LIKED the Xterra's handling. For a high COG vehicle, it corners very well, and I'm impressed.

And, finally, I also said that I do not street race, another point you apparently missed. Anything else, or do you wish to make up more B.S. to try and bash me with? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Did you actually read this entire thread before replying, or are you one of those people that just reads the first page and then decides to jump in, assuming your ideas are the only ones that are original? :p laugh [LOL]

#212930 - 27/10/03 07:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Mensa Troll.

#212931 - 27/10/03 07:50 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
Mensa Troll.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with the whole quoting thing. The board I frequent only quotes what the last person said, not all the quotes they may have quoted. So when I try to clean up the posts, I end up screwing it up! [LOL] Meh, no biggie, I may waste my whole work-day on the internet, but at least I'm not paid for my performance! wink :p cool

#212932 - 27/10/03 08:48 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Excelagator Offline

Loc: Wisconsin...The show me how to...
1. An Xterra is shaped has aerodynamics of a doghouse. It is not sleek.

2. The Xterra has 4.63 or 4.90 gears, Not 3.70s.

3. It's a 4000 pound vehicle empty. put 4 adults and your added an easy 600 pounds to it. Then the gear and mods you can do. An easy 5000 vehicle your driving now

I am getting sick and tired up of the bitching about gas mileage! I guess you should have bought a Honda Civic.
Food for thought, I tow a small pop-up camper, I get from 12-13 MPH loaded with my family and gear and dead winds. I get 17.5 MPH with my family of 4, an automatic, misc drag options on the roof and 31s. Next year it will drop again due to pulling a small boat behind the camper. I use my X for what it is made for. One of them is not being a Honda Civic!
Dan

#212933 - 27/10/03 08:51 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by excelagator:

2. The Xterra has 4.63 or 4.90 gears, Not 3.70s.
I wish my Roadmaster had 3.73's. frown It came with 2.93's as part of the "tow package." :rolleyes: I think the X is geared a bit too high, though. 3.70's would have been a much better choice for gears, IMO. [ThumbsUp]

#212934 - 27/10/03 08:53 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

3.70 is a higher gear. 4.63 and 4.90 is much lower.

Go earn some automotive knowledge.

#212935 - 27/10/03 08:59 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
3.70 is a higher gear. 4.63 and 4.90 is much lower.

Go earn some automotive knowledge.
You're right, of course. I naturally end up saying "higher" for the higher numbers out of bad habit. I also say "turn up the air conditioning" when I mean lower the temperature. Semantics. [Smoking]

And how do you suggest I earn some automotive knowledge? confused

#212936 - 27/10/03 09:42 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by TXTERRA78:

The answer is yes, and not just for an Xterra, but pretty much any vehicle with an automatic tranny and overdrive. Same thing as driving in "D", as compared to "O/D". By driving with the O/D off the transmission allows the engine to rev higher before shifting gears up. OD is great for the highway when you're at a fairly constant speed as it keeps the RPM's lower and thus conserves fuel usage.
I'm not quite sure if turning the overdrive off changes the shift points and I'm not inclined to root through the service manual to check, but it may be the case. However, it's more the fact that by turning the overdrive off and forcing the engine to kick down to third gear vs. asking it to strain against fourth gear, you'll get better punch. Otherwise it will simply unlock the torque converter in 4th gear and while the engine will rev harder, much of the output and gas is going towards stirring the fluid in the torque converter. Eventually it will build power to the wheels, but not nearly as efficiently or as effectively as it will in third where the TC does not unlock except in a few rare conditions.

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#212937 - 27/10/03 10:34 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Quote:
Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already!
[/b]
I second that motion! [Wave] [Save the fine unicorns] ALREADY [Wave]

Let's see the wife now.

#212938 - 27/10/03 12:02 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already!
[/b]
Not really. If you remove the off-road uses from the comparison, they are actually very similar vehicles. I say that because we, along with about 90% of the other SUV-owners we see, do NOT use their SUV's for their full purpose, which is the ability to take the vehicle where conventional cars cannot go. I tried to convicer her to get a minivan, but she won't have it. So, stuck with an SUV.

So, off-roading aside, I compare my station wagon to my wife's SUV quite often. On the plus side, the Xterra sits way higher than most other vehicles, giving you a great view of traffic in all directions, something I appreciate being only 5'8". wink The Xterra is also much smaller and has a shorter turn radius, making parking, especially in a garage, very, very easy. The Xterra is also newer, so it's more likely to NOT have mechanical problems when it reaches 75,000 miles and 9 years of age.

On the other hand, I have FAR MORE cargo capacity in my Wagon. For example, this past weekend, we drove to Macon, Ga, to a furniture store and ended up purchasing a full-sized coffee table, as well as a decorative clock that measured 3'x3' and 6" deep. It all fit in the back of the Wagon, and we still didn't have to fold down the second row of seats (we had the kids with us). In fact, the furniture didn't even hang over their heads from the back cargo area. But if need be, the second row of seats also folds down, creating a cargo space large enough to fit a 4'x8' sheet of plywood, plus anything 3' high or less you want to stack on top of it.

The Wagon gets better mileage, and with over 260 horsepower, has absolutely no problem merging into traffic, highway or otherwise. Being lower to the ground, it handles a bit better than the X, but I'm slamming the X's capabilities in the handling department. As I already stated, I think it handles very well compared to other SUV's I've driven.

The Wagon is going on 10 years' of age and creeping up on 76K miles. Since buying it, I've had to seriously recharge the R134a, flush the tranny, flush the radiator, and do a minor exhaust repair. No biggie, it cost less than 1/3 of the Xterra's price, and came with leather seats. :p laugh

#212939 - 27/10/03 12:06 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Let's see the wife now.

That's her arm. Sorry, best I can do on short notice. laugh wink :p cool

#212940 - 27/10/03 12:15 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Roadmaster Wagon vs. Xterra - [Freak]

This has to be the stupidest vehicle comparison thread of all time, [b]end it already![/b]
Not really. If you remove the off-road uses from the comparison, they are actually very similar vehicles. I say that because we, along with about 90% of the other SUV-owners we see, do NOT use their SUV's for their full purpose, which is the ability to take the vehicle where conventional cars cannot go. I tried to convicer her to get a minivan, but she won't have it. So, stuck with an SUV.[/b]
It's still an apples vs oranges arguement. If you are not going to take full advantage of an SUV, then you should have gotten a minivan (same goes for the other 90% of SUV owners out there). You would have been much happier.

Comparing the performance qualities of an SUV to a Wagon/minivan/car/motorcycle/RV is silly at best.

Now, if you compare the Xterra to other SUV's out there - then you have a pretty good arguement. [Freak]

#212941 - 27/10/03 12:28 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:
[QUOTE]It's still an apples vs oranges arguement. If you are not going to take full advantage of an SUV, then you should have gotten a minivan (same goes for the other 90% of SUV owners out there). You would have been much happier.
[LOL] You're preaching to the choir! I didn't want her to get an SUV!! LOL! But hey, we're stuck withthe two vehicles we've got, so I'm going to compare them all the time! Human nature, I guess. [Smoking]

#212942 - 27/10/03 12:32 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Shat's the boy gining her...A frog or a snake?... [Wave]

#212943 - 27/10/03 12:43 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Shat's the boy gining her...A frog or a snake?... [Wave]
It's a very, very small bream. That's Justice, my oldest son. That was one of the boys' first times fishing, so actually holding the fish they caught wasn't as much fun as hooking them. My younger son, Greyson, didn't mind holding them too much:

#212944 - 27/10/03 02:08 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Man, just when I thought you have no redeeming qualities, there you go posting a pic of your kids fishing. laugh

#212945 - 28/10/03 07:12 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Good Looking boy there. How the heck did a hook fit in that fishes mouth I'm wondering? I bet he likes the XTERRA and could give a hoot about the MPG and probably finds it plenty peppy enough too. (Especially when heading to the fishing spots) [Laughing]

#212946 - 28/10/03 08:35 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Good Looking boy there. How the heck did a hook fit in that fishes mouth I'm wondering? I bet he likes the XTERRA and could give a hoot about the MPG and probably finds it plenty peppy enough too. (Especially when heading to the fishing spots) [Laughing]
Actually, both boys dislike the wife's Xterra because they don't like having to climb in and out of it. On the other hand, they LOVE my wagon because the 3rd row of seats, where they normally sit, faces backwards.

They love it back there because they get to look at who's "chasing us" as well as cut-up and be sassy without being in smacking range of mommy & daddy. wink

No kidding, one two occaisions they have literally broken down in tears when we've said we're going out somewhere and they didn't get to go in "Daddy's cool car" as they call it. [Finger]

#212947 - 28/10/03 09:06 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Sean Offline

When I was a kid, I loved riding in the 3rd seat of my parents huge Pontiac station wagon. Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#212948 - 28/10/03 09:42 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
bonesnTX Offline

Quote:
When I was a kid, I loved riding in the 3rd seat of my parents huge Pontiac station wagon. Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh
Yep, I remember the days well...Can you believe there's a guy down the street from me that has a CHEVY station wagon with the dissapearing tailgate and glass???!!!

Oh JEEZE....The kids cry when they have to ride in the XTERRA...Really now, come on. Sounds like the wife gets to cruise in peace and quiet or with the jams up loud if she wants.= Happy wife

#212949 - 28/10/03 09:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

You're raising a couple of sissies.

...but at least we know where the whiney-bitch gene comes from; it sure ain't your wife.

#212950 - 28/10/03 09:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

My dad old Plymoth and Chevy used to have those rear facing seats too. They were cool when I was little, but when I got older, they got annoying. What always bugged me was that at red lights, you just sat there facing the person behind you.

This one time, we almost got rear-ended and I got a front row seat for the action. Pretty scary, I kept imagining my legs snapping and breaking off from the collision. The guy somehow stopped in time, but I was pretty sh*t faced though. Actually, so was the other guy...since we were facing it each other I got to see his every expression. [Geek]

#212951 - 28/10/03 10:27 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Back then you could lower the back window on the tailgate as well!

laugh
Yeah, those were the days! Now THE LAW will write you up pretty quickly for driving with either of those open and kids facing out the back! :p

#212952 - 28/10/03 10:33 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

...but at least we know where the whiney-bitch gene comes from; it sure ain't your wife.
Really, is that the best you can do? Weak. [Sleep] You disappoint me with your debating skills. Why is it an internet argument almost always has to degrade to name-calling and the like? Can't you have an intelligent debate without taking it personally? Try again when you have something useful to add to the conversation. :rolleyes:

#212953 - 28/10/03 10:49 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]Your kids cry when they have to ride in a truck, but enjoy a station wagon?

Really, is that the best you can do? Weak. [Sleep] You disappoint me with your debating skills. Why is it an internet argument almost always has to degrade to name-calling and the like? Can't you have an intelligent debate without taking it personally? Try again when you have something useful to add to the conversation. :rolleyes: [/b]
you smell like poo and ur mom is a hoar

#212954 - 28/10/03 10:53 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[Spit]

#212955 - 28/10/03 10:59 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hoar? confused

www.dictionary.com

Yeah, you described her perfectly! She is old and gray..... :rolleyes:

#212956 - 28/10/03 11:09 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Shouldn't you be trolling some other board, clownboat?

Seriously, what you're doing would be equivalent to any one of us going to the Honda Element or VW Beetle boards and talking about how bad they are.

We have no real reason to do that unless we're just griefing the people there. You're not the "owner," and all yo do is bitch about the Xterra. What do you honestly expect?

Also:

u hav ugly fingerz

#212957 - 28/10/03 11:12 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Seriously, what you're doing would be equivalent to any one of us going to the Honda Element or VW Beetle boards and talking about how bad they are.

You seem to be missing my point. I never said how bad the Xterra is. I just said I was disappointed with it's acceleration and MPG. You must not have read any of my posts that said how much I liked other aspects of the vehicle.

I think Nissan makes GREAT vehicles, which is why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the X. I expected more based on the other NIssan's I've driven, that's all. If you can't take a little constructive criticism, then you shouldn't be allowed to surf the net. [Smoking]

#212958 - 28/10/03 11:14 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
PackRat Offline

Oh good grief, he's still here?? At the risk of feeding the troll...

Yes, what Tremor said.

If you hate the Xterra (and your kids hate it so much-Dern your wife holds the power who did you marry, Margaret Thatcher?) why are subjecting yourself to us? We drive Xterras!!! We like them.

What, is the roadmaster board not engaging enough?

A

#212959 - 28/10/03 11:15 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b]

You seem to be missing my point. I never said how bad the Xterra is. I just said I was disappointed with it's acceleration and MPG. You must not have read any of my posts that said how much I liked other aspects of the vehicle.

I think Nissan makes GREAT vehicles, which is why I'm disappointed with this aspect of the X. I expected more based on the other NIssan's I've driven, that's all. If you can't take a little constructive criticism, then you shouldn't be allowed to surf the net. [Smoking] [/b]
You're a tool. Get off of my internet.

#212960 - 28/10/03 11:16 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by PackRat:
Oh good grief, he's still here?? At the risk of feeding the troll...

Yes, what Tremor said.

If you hate the Xterra (and your kids hate it so much-Dern your wife holds the power who did you marry, Margaret Thatcher?) why are subjecting yourself to us? We drive Xterras!!! We like them.

What, is the roadmaster board not engaging enough?

A
I'm sorry everyone got the impression that I hate the X. Nothing could be further from the truth. But apparently, in your world, any criticism equates to hate. Seems like you're the ones coming across with hate, not me. laugh

#212961 - 28/10/03 11:17 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Well, that's true. I sure as hell hate you.

#212962 - 28/10/03 11:18 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're a tool.

Tool kicks ass!

#212963 - 28/10/03 11:19 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, that's true. I sure as hell hate you.
[sarcasm]Oh no! Not another internet opinion! What will I ever do? My life is ruined!![/sarcasm]

#212964 - 28/10/03 11:30 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

Why is everyone jumping on this guy? He owns an Xterra and he is simply complaining to the rest of us how slow and in-efficient it is.... Duh.... We already knew that. I think at one point or another, each of us has made those very same complaints.

I know my Xterra is slow, but it doesn't bother me cause I knew it was slow when I bought it. I also knew that the gas mileage sucked when I bought it too.

I will admit that his constant references to his beloved Buick is getting old and annoying but, whatever....

#212965 - 28/10/03 11:35 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by KJ_dragon:

I will admit that his constant references to his beloved Buick is getting old and annoying but, whatever....
Fair enough. Sorry about that, I am a car nut, and I'm pathetically enthusiastic about b-bodies. I'll with the Wagon stuff. laugh

#212966 - 28/10/03 01:16 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
You keep on saying how you do not hate the Xterra, but your comments are nothing but endless complaints. What's the difference?

Oh yeah, I don't hate buicks, but I think they handle like shit, looks like shit, sounds like shit, and the coolness factor is a complete pile of shit. But, I don't hate them. Perhaps I should find a buick board and start comlaining about my wife's mother's friend's uncle's inlaws' buick wagon.

Almost forgot, I can't really find a buick board because people who drive them still think a hi-fi is about as high tech as you can get. What net?

#212967 - 28/10/03 01:57 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
You keep on saying how you do not hate the Xterra, but your comments are nothing but endless complaints. What's the difference?

Oh yeah, I don't hate buicks, but I think they handle like shit, looks like shit, sounds like shit, and the coolness factor is a complete pile of shit. But, I don't hate them. Perhaps I should find a buick board and start comlaining about my wife's mother's friend's uncle's inlaws' buick wagon.

Almost forgot, I can't really find a buick board because people who drive them still think a hi-fi is about as high tech as you can get. What net?
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#212968 - 28/10/03 02:57 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Spit]
LMFAO.

#212969 - 28/10/03 03:06 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
TremorX Offline

Quote:

Oh, Buick Roadmaster.. give it to me.. ungh.. oh yeah.. oh yeah.. harder, harder, harder, OH GOD YES YES YES

#212970 - 28/10/03 03:24 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Tama47 Offline

Loc: Maryland
You are right. Xterra is one of the slowest, gas drinkin, terrible mpg's on the market.

#212971 - 29/10/03 04:09 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Oh, Buick Roadmaster.. give it to me.. ungh.. oh yeah.. oh yeah.. harder, harder, harder, OH GOD YES YES YES
[/b]
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [ThumbsUp]

#212972 - 17/12/03 07:24 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
intron Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Quote:
I'm quite disappointed with my wife's 2003 Xterra. It is seriously underpowered and gets terrible mileage. Shoot, my 4,400-pound Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon with a LT1 V-8 in it gets better mileage than her Xterra! That's sad.

For a 3.3L V-6, I expected better, especially since it's very close to the engine used in Nissan's more prestigious vehicles. It takes serious pressure on the gas to get the car moving to roadway speeds, and that only kills the mileage even worse.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say: Just bitchin', I guess. Nothing I can do about it now. [Freak]
I absolutely *swear* I thought this was a joke when i first read it. I kept reading through the whole damn thread waiting for someone to own up to opening a new account and posting this. I mean, it has all the things that everyone jumps all over people about.. all in one neat little package. Wow.

However, the guy has taken the abuse very very well. Impressive really.

Edited to add: Crap, I just realized I resurrected a dead thread. Sorry.

#212973 - 17/12/03 11:22 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
KJ_dragon Offline

SDMF should talk to M4A3. That way he can increase his miles per tank to 475. [Spit]

#212974 - 05/01/04 12:37 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

"They love it back there because they get to look at who's "chasing us" as well as cut-up and be sassy without being in smacking range of mommy & daddy."

That's what the fly swatter is for!!!! [LOL] [Laughing]

Doesn't anyone keep one on the dash anymore??

Excursion fuel stats:
Fuel Capacity (gal.) 44.0
Fuel Economy 12-13 mpg

H2 fuel stats:
Fuel Capacity (gal.)32.0
Fuel Economy 10 mpg

#212975 - 05/01/04 07:44 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

IS it just me, or has the ALR become surprisingly quiet lately?

Are we getting along more, or are the mods not moving things as quickly as they used to? smile

#212976 - 05/01/04 11:46 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
no people just cannot start threads here anymore

#212977 - 05/01/04 05:12 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Heaven forbid that it was because of the Holidays. wink

#212978 - 05/01/04 07:51 PM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
I think alot of "Club House" threads belong here, and some should start here to keep the trash out of the "Club House". But I guess we'll just have to keep arguing in the Club House. [Smoking]

Xterra101.com

#212979 - 06/01/04 07:51 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
Andre the Giant Offline

#212980 - 11/02/04 10:56 AM Re: Disappointed with Xterra
JayX Offline

Loc: Western NY
Seriously funny shit here. Just wasted the last 15 minutes of my life reading the whole thing..... :rolleyes:

But actually laughed out loud when the 'you smell like poo' comment was unleashed.

[Argue] = [LOL] keep it up guys

although, there hasn't been a serious post on here since, what, October???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal