2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#213090 - 15/02/05 09:52 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I understand now, that hatch is completely un-usable because there is 2 tabs welded on.

#213091 - 15/02/05 10:51 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by badercarma:
Well I didn't think I would get a bunch of jackasses replying that don't do any real off-roading and that don't know anything about welding.
[Spit]

youre right, YOU are the TRUE off roader here... what were we thinking...

seriously man, i am now feeling bad for you. your hole is already too deep, and id say someone cut the rope by adding "village idiot" under your name shocked

#213092 - 16/02/05 07:54 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:

First off I would like to ask how old you are. From looking at the images on your website I would guess you are still in high school.
His DOB is in his profile he is 19

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#213093 - 16/02/05 08:03 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawk:
you "SAY" you do some "SERIOUS" wheeling.....why are you running street tires on your truck?!? And why, for the love of God, do you still have ONE of your mud flaps on the rear?!? A "SERIOUS" wheeler would have removed his mudflaps totally,
Hehe great spot! didn't even notice that.

Allthough I did notice he has SE in his profile the pictured truck is an XE...

#213094 - 16/02/05 08:35 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Holy cow, that's ridiculous! I can't believe you would weld lights to your hatch when there are perfectly good alternatives. You said yourself you saw the U-bolt mounting options, what makes you think that wouldn't be secure enough? I can't find the pictures of Ramness's setup, but there's a similar pic on Coolerman's site:

That's well below the top of the rack, and more than secure enough for a 6 oz. light.

#213095 - 16/02/05 08:43 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Quote:
Here is what the serious offroader is doing these days.

Is that Rebar for the headlight protects? [Freak]

And I usually stay out of stuff like this, but dude....I seriously can't believe you welded tractor lights to your rear hatch. You will succeed in protecting those $10 lights from overhead branches.....by destroying a very expensive hatch....Irony?

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#213096 - 16/02/05 08:47 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Ramness Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xterrible:
I can't find the pictures of Ramness's setup,

The picture will work once the server is back online...

These are also $10 lights

#213097 - 16/02/05 08:55 AM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

#213098 - 16/02/05 03:44 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Kinetic Offline

Loc: Bristol, Tn
Quote:
you aren't related to Mark van Meter by chance?
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

#213099 - 16/02/05 04:15 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
BoneCrusher Offline

Loc: In a Bar near YOU!
did anybody else notice that brainiac didnt sheild his wires AND used an exposed portion of the body as a ground?

Wow kid

I wanna share a story with you that someone once shared with me before kicking the crap outta me for being an obnoxious know it all.

Life is a mirade of people who all fit into a triangle

at the bottom you know everything of nothing
and at the top you know nothing of everything

basically at the bottom your a snot nosed little know it all punk who thinks he knows everything and wont take anyones advice because of a stubborn streak and the emotional retardation

at the top you realize how little you really know. And you grow up and become a man.

At that point i had my head kicked in.

let me put it to you like this
you basically sacraficed 500 dollars to protect 10 dollars in lightting accesories than probably wired them to your truck in a hazardous way.

as far as you not caring about your truck and its paint congrats. Everyone else here with the exception of a few have worked hard for the money to afford an Xterra. Don't tell me you paid for yours unless you can offer some sort of proof. If i was your father i would have drowned you in a rain barrell a long time ago.

Congrats on the Trooper I hope you dont drive it on the road. Not so much for your sftey but because other people use the roads and it would be a shame to have someones life cutshort because your piece of rolling ejaculate decided to stop steering at about 90 mph which im sure is the speed you drive.

The reason im being so nasty with you right now is because other older men have tried to let you in on a little wisdom of the ages. I dont give you props for having the balls to weld something onto the body of your truck. Cause it isnt yours. Respect your elders and those more knowledgable than you. Because one of these days high school is going to be over and Id like you to remember one thing. Supersize me when I roll through your window. And dont forget my barbeque sauce.

punk

Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency

99% of democrats give the rest a bad name

Liberals are constantly Inflaming the culture war. They seem to forget which side has all the guns.

#213100 - 16/02/05 05:42 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
This picture is freakishly accurate. [Too much XOC]

#213101 - 16/02/05 06:59 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hatch is fine, STFU, I think it looks like shit attached with u-bolts. and that weld will never break.

#213102 - 16/02/05 07:05 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Hatch is fine, STFU, I think it looks like shit attached with u-bolts. and that weld will never break.
And we all think it looks like shit the way you did it. I'm guessing you posted here to get an opinion of your "master crapsmanship"? We gave you our honest opinions and now you're pissing and moaning that you don't like what you're reading. :rolleyes:

I just hope no one comes along one day and snips the wires, which as you can see are clearly visible. But hey, if they do, just have your mommy & daddy go out and buy you another set of lights for you. laugh

#213103 - 16/02/05 07:06 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
[Spit]

#213104 - 16/02/05 07:11 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

If I may say one thing, this thread has really blossomed. I had a real SHITY day at work and, although I cant add anything constructive, this has made me giggle, teehe, chuckkle and just laugh my ASS OFF.

THanks all and you BADCAMERA, Im going to give to you 1 yes 1 colored xterra.

#213105 - 16/02/05 07:19 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
This picture is freakishly accurate. [Too much XOC]
Here is another good one.

#213106 - 16/02/05 07:20 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

whadya need lights for anyway? You sure as hell can't see out that back window! wink

#213107 - 16/02/05 07:56 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
you aren't related to Mark van Meter by chance?
Now THAT is fucking hilarious!

At any rate, there's nothin' wrong with hardmounting lights on the rear hatch, as long as you're gonna' keep the rig forever. Looks like shit for resale, but if you're going to keep it yourself, then that's one good way to know that it will NEVER come off.

No worries, man. Most of the comments you've gotten are from people that wouldn't dare think of going on a trail that "might" scratch their paint. Hell, they'd freak if they saw my truck in person...

But just to reference (and to give these little bitches something else to flame [Finger] ), here's my rig from back last Fall. A few things have changed since then, though (got all the dents pulled, and put on a winch) And YES, that was clean. As clean as it's ever gonna' get, anyways.:

#213108 - 16/02/05 07:58 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BoneCrusher:
did anybody else notice that brainiac didnt sheild
That’s some good spelling there moron, why don’t you Shut the FUCK up until you can lean how to spell. And where do you get off saying I didn’t pay for my truck? You don’t know shit if I paid for it or not. I did pay for it, and I don’t have to prove anything to you. PUNK

Anyways in that picture the wiring wasn’t started yet. Now it’s finished, here are some finished pictures but I’m sure everyone is going to say my dash is ruined because I mounted a switch to it and to say that the rear hatch is now useless and must be replaced for $500 because it has 2 tabs welded onto it.

This setup wouldn’t last one day, branches would smash it instantly.

And I still think it looks cleaner than this, with less wire showing.

#213109 - 16/02/05 08:08 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

just a quick question,

exactly which direction did you think the lights would be pointing when you opened the hatch? [Huh?]

#213110 - 16/02/05 08:17 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

just a quick question. How much good are rear facing lights on a roof rack, when the rear hatch is open? Still can't see shit.

#213111 - 16/02/05 08:18 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
just a quick question,

exactly which direction did you think the lights would be pointing when you opened the hatch? [Huh?]
Did you even bother to read the thread before you replied? As I said in the first post “Everything seems good but when you open the rear door they aim into the sky .”

I didn’t really see an easy fix for that, and don’t go bitching about mounting them on the roof rack, if they were mounted there, they would be blocked by the hatch, and mounting them in the middle to attempt to shine though the glass wouldn’t work well ether because most (not all) of the light would be reflected away.

I might add a much smaller set on the inside to shine down outside onto the ground for loading fire wood, and stuff.

And before anyone replies like an asshole, ill do it for you.

Wait a second, fire wood in the back of a new truck!!! That will make it dirty and hurt its re-sale value. You will have to replace the 400 dollar carpet. I use my Xterra for carrying soccer equipment only!

#213112 - 16/02/05 08:39 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
I might add a much smaller set on the inside to shine down outside onto the ground for loading fire wood, and stuff.

WalMart driving lights work great for that. And if anyone on this site is driving a soccer mom mobile, its me. smile

#213113 - 16/02/05 08:50 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

BurgPath, exactly what I was talking about, thanks for the picture. How did you mount them onto the plastic, just regular screws after drilling some holes?

#213114 - 16/02/05 09:27 PM Re: Rear lights on xterra
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
just a quick question,

“Everything seems good but when you open the rear door they aim into the sky .”
that is why i asked the question, if you had any kind of sence you would have figured that out before you welded the ............ nevermind youre a fuckin idiot.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal